1/3000-5000th spaceship miniatures

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Franko77

Carebearian Sound Studio
Reaction score
Raking through boxes of old stuff, I found a copy of GZG's Full Thrust spaceship combat game. It reminded me how much I enjoyed painting 1/3000-5000th scale spaceship miniatures. I sold or gave away all of mine years ago, but am tempted to start again, just for fun. Does anyone have any recommendations of particularly good miniature manufacturers? I've looked at some, but here in the UK at least there seem to be a lot of re-treads of the old GZG spaceship models (which is a bit rich given that GZG are still going!).

Dropzone Commander (ground action)/ Dropfleet Commander (orbital battles) is now with TTCombat. Beautiful models in resin that succeed in looking really futuristic and alien.

Firestorm Armada is now with Wayland Games/Warcradle Studios. Really nice resin ships, can't say whether the game is alive or dead at this point - there is no starter game, what's produced is mostly extras, and the rules and fleet lists are free PDFs on the Warcradle site.

Brigade Models (UK) do a nice line of large-scale metal spaceships, as well as a new fighter game called Squadron Commander.

Dropfleet commander is 1:15000 (I believe), and the rules themselves are different from the rest due to the fact that the game focuses exclusively on planetary assaults - but the UCM ships are some of the best spaceship miniatures I've seen in recent years, IMO.

This is an UCM fleet painted by a guy who knows what he's doing:

Oh and also, most of the miniatures come in kits which can be assembled as different variants.
Construction guides

Thanks, some nice stuff there.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back