2021 Pubbies: Let’s Play Favorites!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Endless Flight

I have the power!
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to do this. You may place up to three people in each slot if you cant decide on one person.

Who is the...

1. Most Helpful Poster (if you have a question, they can answer it or point you in the right direction)?

2. Most Knowledgeable Poster (can learn something new from this person almost every day)?

3. Funniest Poster (jokes, memes, one-liners, etc.)?

4. Kindest Poster (just an all-around nice person)?

5. Geekiest Poster (who the biggest all-around nerd)?

6. Bang-for-your-Buck Poster (who do you think creates the best threads/posts/content)?

7. Represents the Pub (This is the person who you think is the all-around ideal or great Pub member)?

Please use the @ next to their names so that they can see this. Not everyone reads the Community forum.

1. The Most Helpful Poster: I've had so much help from Lunar Ronin Apparition I have an eternal debt of gratitude to him. Always willing to lend a hand.

2. The Most Knowledgeable Poster: I think robertsconley robertsconley is like a walking encyclopedia. Just a great resource for the Pub.

3. The Funniest Poster: I've had some great meme back and forth with TristramEvans TristramEvans. Most like my sense of humor.

4. The Kindest Poster: I'm going to give this one to T The Butcher. He is just the best.

5. The Geekiest Poster: I think Nobby-W Nobby-W takes the prize. He likes to defragment and optimize his PC's hard drive when he's got some free time on his hands.

6. Bang-For-Your-Buck Poster: I'm going to give this one to Voros Voros. He's very well-rounded and I'm always interested in reading his posts.

7. Represents the Pub: I think there are two people I would actually choose for this. One is Ladybird Ladybird and the other is Baulderstone Baulderstone. The Pub would not be even close to what it is now without these two giants here. Thank you!

4. The Kindest Poster: I'm going to give this one to T The Butcher. He is just the best.
Jeez, the bar is that low, huh.

Only award I ever expected from the Pubbies was Most Likely To Have a Thread Title Changed Because of Colorful Language.

Thanks, man. I really don’t think I’m deserving of this. But I’m glad the full extent of my assholery doesn’t shine through online.

Jeez, the bar is that low, huh.

Only award I ever expected from the Pubbies was Most Likely To Have a Thread Title Changed Because of Colorful Language.

Thanks, man. I really don’t think I’m deserving of this. But I’m glad the full extent of my assholery doesn’t shine through online.
We all have our moments. It’s what makes us human. You deserve it, Dr. Butcher.

1. The Most Helpful Poster: robertsconley robertsconley is constantly, and patiently, engaging with everyone about all kinds of stuff. By helpful here I'm indexing engagement with consideration and respect.

2. The Most Knowledgeable Poster: I will also vote for robertsconley robertsconley here, he is indeed a walking encyclopedia of the finest sort.

3. The Funniest Poster: This goes to Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl girl for me. The memes!

4. The Kindest Poster: E E-Rocker always seems to be that guy to me

5. The Geekiest Poster: Nobby-W Nobby-W takes this one walking away. He's does geeky shit for lolz that I don't even grok.

6. Bang-For-Your-Buck Poster: Voros Voros always seems to be digging up resources and links in response to other people's questions

7. Represents the Pub: Bunch Bunch - he's everywhere talking about everything and he's way less of a jerk than I am. If I were voting for staff too TristramEvans TristramEvans would be in the mix here.

I’ll post my votes later but wanted to kick this up a notch —

Let’s do this for real.

Let’s have secret vote polls for each category.

Let’s have a ceremony at the Pub Discord. Acceptance speeches, the whole five yards.

3. The Funniest Poster: This goes to Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl girl for me. The memes!

mzsc1.jpg

1. Most Helpful Poster - robertsconley robertsconley sets a really high bar here.

2. Most Knowledgeable Poster - Again, robertsconley robertsconley but also Baulderstone Baulderstone and Séadna Séadna as well.

3. Funniest Poster TristramEvans TristramEvans Fenris-77 Fenris-77 and Tommy Brownell Tommy Brownell all make me laugh, in different ways.

4. Kindest Poster - Gotta go with Ladybird Ladybird here.

5. Geekiest Poster - Let's be honest, there's a lot of competition here...

Nerds.jpg

Will probably have to go with Nobby-W Nobby-W but I'm also for entirely selfish reasons also including G Gabriel and Ralph Dula Ralph Dula because they're actually both nerdy enough to knowledgably respond to my various New Universe posts

6. Bang-for-your-Buck Poster - Anything Baulderstone Baulderstone and Séadna Séadna posts is usually worth reading.

7. Represents the Pub - I don't know if they'll ever return, but Dumarest Dumarest is pretty much synonymous with the Pub in my head. Also, Ladybird Ladybird represents in many ways what I think of as the best of what the Pub can be.

Last edited:
Hm. Getting consistently voted the nerdiest poster on a role playing forum. Not sure whether that's good or bad ...
I would be a bit proud of it. I am sitting here dealing with some HDMI and random other computer or cabling related issues and more than once I've thought I should see if Nobby has a thought on this.

I would be a bit proud of it. I am sitting here dealing with some HDMI and random other computer or cabling related issues and more than once I've thought I should see if Nobby has a thought on this.
Not sure I'm the one I'd ask for advice about cabling ...

Cabling.jpg
This is not really doing much to dispel the image as the nerdiest poster, is it?

Last edited:
This is hard...I'll have to go with some multiple answers.

Since robertsconley robertsconley would be a shoe in for categories 1,2,4,5,6,7 for me, I'll just give him the "Most loveable award" and discuss others.

1. Most Helpful Poster (if you have a question, they can answer it or point you in the right direction)?
A Fiery Flying Roll Black Leaf often gives detailed answers to questions on request and TristramEvans TristramEvans has given me comprehensive essays in response to naive questions a few times.

2. Most Knowledgeable Poster (can learn something new from this person almost every day)?
This is pretty difficult, since there are many users who are obviously very knowledgeable but you wouldn't see it much since we focus around RPGs. I mean T The Butcher is a medical expert and Bunch Bunch is obviously an expert coder but wouldn't display it much as such, AsenRG AsenRG speaks multiple languages and knows his history, etc.
I would say Voros Voros has had a ton of very informative posts about films and literature, Lofgeornost Lofgeornost for history, TristramEvans TristramEvans for Horror, History and RPG and comic history, Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl for comics, Baulderstone Baulderstone for RPG history, CRKrueger CRKrueger for game theory and a deep knowledge of specific game lines and companies (e.g. FASA).

A bit of a cop-out answer, but I find most people here are pretty funny, they'd just have different styles.

Ladybird Ladybird as others have said. Nobby-W Nobby-W is a very nice guy from PMs and emails I've had with him. E E-Rocker, Giganotosaurus Giganotosaurus and Gringnr Gringnr as well.

Yeah, I mean given what we talk about this requires real Olympic level effort to win. Like everybody I'll have to go for Nobby-W Nobby-W

6. Bang-for-your-Buck Poster (who do you think creates the best threads/posts/content)?
TristramEvans TristramEvans does great deep dives into topics, Voros Voros for finding stuff I'd miss otherwise, Baulderstone Baulderstone in general and BedrockBrendan BedrockBrendan whenever he posts always has something worth reading since he tends to be succinct and informative.

7. Represents the Pub (This is the person who you think is the all-around ideal or great Pub member)?
Dumarest Dumarest of course. Mankcam Mankcam also since he's behind SWO and seems to be the kind of even-keeled good humoured lad that's the Pub's default attitude.

For some personal categories:
My "most missed" would be Edgewise Edgewise .
"Most considered" would be Brock Savage Brock Savage , since he seems to respond in a rational, controlled and respectful way at all times.
"Gets you pumped" goes to Fenris-77 Fenris-77 and CRKrueger CRKrueger since their descriptions of games have had me going "YEAH!!! GOTTA PLAY!!!"

As an aside, tagging people doesn't seem to work. At least not in my case, which is weird because it has done so in the past.

My votes.

1. Most Helpful Poster (if you have a question, they can answer it or point you in the right direction)? Fenris-77 Fenris-77 hawkeyefan hawkeyefan and Raleel Raleel
2. Most Knowledgeable Poster (can learn something new from this person almost every day)? Baulderstone Baulderstone robertsconley robertsconley and Séadna Séadna
3. Funniest Poster (jokes, memes, one-liners, etc.)? Gringnr Gringnr and Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl
4. Kindest Poster (just an all-around nice person)? Ladybird Ladybird and Giganotosaurus Giganotosaurus
5. Geekiest Poster (who the biggest all-around nerd)? Nobby-W Nobby-W (have you seen Nobby's maps??) and TristramEvans TristramEvans
6. Bang-for-your-Buck Poster (who do you think creates the best threads/posts/content)? Mankcam Mankcam and Voros Voros
7. Represents the Pub (This is the person who you think is the all-around ideal or great Pub member)? Bunch Bunch and Baulderstone Baulderstone

I'm torn here between excoriating people for cheaping out on the multiple peeps per category and smacking my forehead for not having thought to do so myself, thus saving some (at least 2) heavy minutes of agonized decision making.

Aw shucks, crikes you lot :grin:
6. Bang-for-your-Buck Poster (who do you think creates the best threads/posts/content)? Mankcam Mankcam and Voros Voros
Well I never thought of myself providing much bang for the buck, but Voros Voros certainly does. It's interesting that we are grouped together for this one, as both Voros and myself tend to often be on a very similar wavelength with gaming tastes and attitudes.
Ok the gig is up, we're the same person heh heh :grin:
Dumarest Dumarest of course. Mankcam Mankcam also since he's behind SWO and seems to be the kind of even-keeled good humoured lad that's the Pub's default attitude.
Wow, this is humbling, like being a potential pinup for The Pub is something I'm not sure if I'm worthy or that or not.

Sure I inadvertantly created 'Swo', but that was probably one of the biggest threadfalls in forum history, and it really has taken on a life of it's own. Sure things may fall to me one day to find myself standing face to face with it on some floating frozen landscape, wondering who throttles who, or who sets who free. But Swo is hardly mine these days, and if we don't watch out we'll see it sponsoring that USA SuperBowl thingy, or something like that (well maybe GenCon)

Dumarest Dumarest, on the other hand, was one of the biggest characters that any forum is likely to see, and well worthy of the vote. Let's hope he returns one day :thumbsup:
Mankcam Mankcam is a SWO guy and great sport for letting me razz him all the time. I can also totally see him being a great father despite putting Disney World on hold for several years.
I'm sure my kids won't exactly see it quite the same way :grin:

Last edited:
Most Helpful Poster (if you have a question, they can answer it or point you in the right direction)? @
Fenris-77
Fenris-77 @
hawkeyefan
hawkeyefan and @
Raleel
Raleel
way to kind of you to put me in this group.

I don't really do these sorts of lists myself, but I'm still here after 3.5 years, and pay the money too. The pub is always a good spot, and is my only regular every day rpg forum.

This is hard...I'll have to go with some multiple answers.

Since robertsconley robertsconley would be a shoe in for categories 1,2,4,5,6,7 for me, I'll just give him the "Most loveable award" and discuss others.

A Fiery Flying Roll Black Leaf often gives detailed answers to questions on request and TristramEvans TristramEvans has given me comprehensive essays in response to naive questions a few times.

This is pretty difficult, since there are many users who are obviously very knowledgeable but you wouldn't see it much since we focus around RPGs. I mean T The Butcher is a medical expert and Bunch Bunch is obviously an expert coder but wouldn't display it much as such, AsenRG AsenRG speaks multiple languages and knows his history, etc.
I would say Voros Voros has had a ton of very informative posts about films and literature, Lofgeornost Lofgeornost for history, TristramEvans TristramEvans for Horror, History and RPG and comic history, Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl for comics, Baulderstone Baulderstone for RPG history, CRKrueger CRKrueger for game theory and a deep knowledge of specific game lines and companies (e.g. FASA).

A bit of a cop-out answer, but I find most people here are pretty funny, they'd just have different styles.

Ladybird Ladybird as others have said. Nobby-W Nobby-W is a very nice guy from PMs and emails I've had with him. E E-Rocker, Giganotosaurus Giganotosaurus and Gringnr Gringnr as well.

Yeah, I mean given what we talk about this requires real Olympic level effort to win. Like everybody I'll have to go for Nobby-W Nobby-W

TristramEvans TristramEvans does great deep dives into topics, Voros Voros for finding stuff I'd miss otherwise, Baulderstone Baulderstone in general and BedrockBrendan BedrockBrendan whenever he posts always has something worth reading since he tends to be succinct and informative.

For some personal categories:
My "most missed" would be Edgewise Edgewise .
"Most considered" would be Brock Savage Brock Savage , since he seems to respond in a rational, controlled and respectful way at all times.
"Gets you pumped" goes to Fenris-77 Fenris-77 and CRKrueger CRKrueger since their descriptions of games have had me going "YEAH!!! GOTTA PLAY!!!"
I appreciate the thought but I can assure you I'm at best a moderate programmer. Especially these days. At my best i was a functioning programmer who got things to work. I did get the good fortune to work with world class coders who let me see whats possible. I managed them which was pretty easy. I would say you actually can build amazing things with average skills but you'll pay for it in the long run.

I’ll post my votes later but wanted to kick this up a notch —

Let’s do this for real.

Let’s have secret vote polls for each category.

Let’s have a ceremony at the Pub Discord. Acceptance speeches, the whole five yards.
Can we have Ricky Gervais as MC? I like his style.

Can we have Ricky Gervais as MC? I like his style.
It would probably be entertaining, but knowing Gervais, as soon as he heard about no politics rule, he wouldn't be able to help himself. He'd open the ceremony with a blistering political stand-up set designed to piss off as many members as possible.

I don't get paid enough to mod Gervais.

It would probably be entertaining, but knowing Gervais, as soon as he heard about no politics rule, he wouldn't be able to help himself. He'd open the ceremony with a blistering political stand-up set designed to piss off as many members as possible.

I don't get paid enough to mod Gervais.
What are we paying you then?

Double it!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back