Special Abilities: Summon, Ritual
Equipment:
Dagger x2(light 1d6 Dmg)
Quicksilver x3
Bone Dust

Spirits
Ifrit - Fire/Fear domains
Kek - Shadow/Secrets

You are all wanting to make Convergence Point versions of many of these characters. Well maybe after I do the 20ish of the Neo Frontier Example Characters.

Day 8 and 9
System :: Dungeon Crawl Classics
Version :: 7th Print

A Costermonger, a Wainwright and an Alchemist walk into a bar…

A Zero Level set of stiffs and vagabonds for DCC play

Caster Wengard hates being an Alchemist. He hates his doddering uncle Faldo to whom he is apprenticed, he hates the smells, and he hates all the fiddly pouring and mixing and re ... um ... re-somethinging. Caster spends his evenings down at the Pig and Whistle listening to Bards and poets spin tales of adventure and glory. He is usually joined by his friends Albrecht and Farin, and occasionally also by their mistreated and abused mascot Foul Maggi the Beggar. Over far too many pots of ale they will drunkenly declaim their pedestrian lives and spin grand tales of the greatness they all know they are destined for. After one particularly drunken evening they all wake cold and wet, and find themselves well away on the road to ... something. Maybe even glory, but probably something less fancy and more fatal. Adventure awaits!

Albrecht Bandalo – Costermonger
Stats
STR – 6 (-1)AGL – 7 (-1)STA - 11PER – 8 (-1)LCK – 9INT - 10
Saves
Fort 0Rfx -1Will -1
Luck: Conceived on Horseback – Mounted Attack Rolls -1 Alignment: L Wealth: 35 CP

Weapon: Knife Trade Goods: Fruit Gear: Flint and Steel

Foul Maggi - Beggar
Stats
STR - 9AGL – 7 (-1)STA – 14 (+1)PER – 6 (-1)LCK – 13 (+1)INT - 12
Saves
Fort +1Rfx -1Will -1
Luck: Raised by Wolves – Unarmed Attack Rolls +1 Alignment: N Wealth: 23 CP

Weapon: Stick Trade Goods: Begging Bowl Gear: Hammer, Small

Caster Wengard - Alchemist

Stats
STR - 16AGL - 12STA - 14PER - 12LCK - 7INT - 7
Saves
Fort +1Rfx 0Will -1
Luck: Charmed House: Armour Class -1 Alignment: N Wealth: 19 CP

Weapon: Staff Trade Goods: Oil, 1 flask Gear: Lantern

Farin Vestall - Wainwright
Stats
STR - 10AGL - 14STA - 13PER - 6LCK - 9INT - 9
Saves
Fort +1Rfx +1Will 0
Luck: The Raging Storm – Spell Damage Alignment: C Wealth: 35 CP

Weapon: Club Trade Goods: Pushcart Gear: Iron Spikes, 3

Day 8 and 9
System :: Dungeon Crawl Classics
Version :: 7th Print

A Costermonger, a Wainwright and an Alchemist walk into a bar…

A Zero Level set of stiffs and vagabonds for DCC play

Caster Wengard hates being an Alchemist. He hates his doddering uncle Faldo to whom he is apprenticed, he hates the smells, and he hates all the fiddly pouring and mixing and re ... um ... re-somethinging. Caster spends his evenings down at the Pig and Whistle listening to Bards and poets spin tales of adventure and glory. He is usually joined by his friends Albrecht and Farin, and occasionally also by their mistreated and abused mascot Foul Maggi the Beggar. Over far too many pots of ale they will drunkenly declaim their pedestrian lives and spin grand tales of the greatness they all know they are destined for.
I think I've met those guys:shock:!

System :: Dungeons the Dragoning 40k 7e
Version :: Telok's

Fried Fred, Master Cocaine Wizard in Good Standing

Fred was always better at partying than studying, not that he was bad at studying, he was so good he didn't even have to try. In fact that was pretty much his whole life, everything he tried was easy and he was good at it. Then he started studying magic and doing drugs. One time he woke up from a hangover with a cyber-brain implant and juicer rig in him, but that just made him even better at everything. Then there was the time he shot up the good stuff, stole the pet of another cocaine wizard and crashed the high coke wizard guild master's meeting & blow party. Ms. Fluffers ate several apprentices but the grand wizard was laughing so hard that Fred just ended up promoted to the job of that the guy he stole Ms. Fluffy from. Life just keeps getting better and better and better.

Stats: strength 1, dexterity 3, constitution 3-1=2, intelligence3+1=4 (creativity), wisdom 3+1=4 (experienced), willpower 3+1=4 (bull headed), charisma 1+3=4 (good in bed), fellowship 2, composure 2

Skills: arcana(int) 3, academic lore(int) 1, forbidden lore(int) 1, medic(wis) 1, weaponry 2, ballistics 2, animal ken(cmp) 1, charm (fel) 1, command(cha) 1, deceive(cha) 1, disguise(fel) 1, intimidate(cha) 1, persuasion(cha) 1, scrutiny (cmp) 1, drive (int/dex) 0+1, arcobatics(dex) 0+1, athletics(str/con) 0+1

Backgrounds: inheritance 3 (best cortex implant - +1 int, +5 academic lore rolls), backing 3+1 (Cocaine Wizard Guild), contacts 1+1 (drug dealer, mafia lawyer), holdings 4 from xp

Species: human, choose one stat for +1 (wisdom) and two skills for +1s (acrobatics and athletics), +1 hero point

Exaltation: Paragon, +2 hero points, +1 your other race's characteristic (humans are choose your own so we go willpower), gain the Danger Sense feat (never surprised), gain any one racial feat (mixed heritage - tiefling, may take tiefling racial feats), resource Action Points equal to level + power stat that refill at the start of every game session

Power stat 1 ability: pressure points, at the start of a scene gain pressure point equal to 3x power stat (that's you max and they don't carry over scene to scene), spend them on any roll you make to increase the final result 1:1, regain them when any opponent spends a resource point or pressure point or hero point or you lose 1+ hit points. Ergo, PP = 3.

Class: Spellsword (level 1 arcane knight class track)

600 starter xp: 100xp inheritance 4 for a good quality cybernetic injector rig (5 doses different drugs, half action to activate, may program one automatic trigger) & 10 doses each of biofoam & drive drugs (I can haz juicer occ!?). 100xp beneficial mutation (itefling racial feat, +2 lowest stat(cha), -1 another stat (con)). 100xp Veteran (+1 charisma, +1 drive, GM assigned enemy... wait I got it, the other cocaine wizard he stole the t-rex from). 100xp Tested feat (warpy crap rolls are less nasty). 100 xp Minor magic: evocation (battering ram). 100xp backing +1. 300xp from hindrances (high falutin' = -1k0 socials with lesser people[ex: backing wealth status < 4] & all thumbs = 2x xp to raise tech & craft skills plus -1k0 all computers & mechanical stuff rolls & night terrors = nightly willpower check at 20 vs start the day with a level of fatigue) spent on +1 contact and +4 holdings (Cyborg-Ninja Tyrannosaurus Rex Cocaine-Wizard Pet).

Gear: Laspistol & 2 power packs, Fencing Sword, Mesh Vest, Street Clothes (Common quality clothing), Chrono, flask of brandy. Biofoam "drug", non-addictive, stops bleeding automatically & restores 1 hp. Drive drug, moderate addiction (original willpower vs 15 every time), +1 all mental characteristics but auto-fail all perception tests until the end of the scene.

Hp 12, resilience 4, armor 4(body) else 0, static defense 23 or 19 if wearing the vest from the non-proficient hit, dodge 4k3, perception 3k3, speed 4 & 24 run, mental defense 15, resolve 6, devotion 6(???), resource points 2 & regain at the start of game session, pressure points 3 & regain if enemy spends hero/exalt points or take a wound. Hero points 5

Fighty: Laspistol 2k2 for 2k2 energy, pen 0, range 30m, rof single shot, 30 ammo, 1 full turn reload. sword 2k2 for 3k2 rending, pen 0, parry at 3k2. Battering Ram spell: half action, target number 15, somatic & verbal components, one target in 30 meters saves arcana+strength or pushed 2m plus 2m per check(fail by 5), if pushed further than it's speed the target is knocked prone, fliers go twice as far but can't be knocked prone, push is any direction but cannot itself cause damage, at 5k4 dropping 10s 90% 15+ & 50% 23+ with 8% warpy crap, keeping 10s 90% 18+ & 50% 27+ but 41% chance of warpy crap, drugged 6k5 drop is 90% 19+ & 50% 28+ with 11% warpy crap or fettered to 3k3 for 65% 15+ & 35% 20+ but never any warpy crap no matter how many 10s are rolled.

ToDo: buy out the rest of Spellsword (armor & weapon prof plus 2 misc. feats), buy up academic lore and enter the Sorcerer class track at level 2. Going into the Cleric track would probably technically be better from a pure power angle, but Sorcerer is more thematically appropriate. Then buy up your power stat ASAP because levels 2 & 3 get you the ability to regenerate your resource points (succeed on a 2-die stunt) and pressure points (get your level back at the start of your turn). Also, buy a bunch more drugs either through the guild or from your dealer.

Notes: Not a great wizard yet but... Cyborg-Ninja Tyrannosaurus Rex Cocaine-Wizard Pet. Cyborg-Ninja Tyrannosaurus Rex Cocaine-Wizard Pet! Cyborg-Ninja Tyrannosaurus Rex Cocaine-Wizard Pet! HahahhahahHAHAhahhaHAHHAhaHAHHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyborg-Ninja Tyrannosaurus Rex Cocaine-Wizard Pet – Yup. Damn cocaine wizards being all awesome up in your face. What are you gonna do about it punk?
Size: 19 (about 14m long), Price: Holdings 4 (requires wealth, backing, or followers of equal or greater level to maintain)
HP: 19, Resilience: 19, Static Defense (based on momentum): 0, 8(9), 16(18), 24(26), Maneuver: +10, Acceleration: 3, Speed: 8, Speed: 32(36)m/mom, 11.5(13) kph/mom, Drive: Walker (x4) Treats impassible terrain as if it were merely difficult; if flipped over or knocked down it may stand back up as a half action.
Control System: Berserker AI System: Rolls 6k3 for everything & goes on a killing rampage when the primary AI runs out of actions. AI Systems: TAPS (3 dots Ballistics), TAPS (3 dots Stealth), RAM-3 (the AI has 3 Half Actions per scene), Co-processor (3 dots Wis), Co-processor (2 dots Int). The AI will obey orders until it is out of Half Actions, then it will use the Aid Another action on the Berserker AI. Super Solenoid Engine: Activate for +1 to speed, maneuver, acceleration, roll for warp at +10. Hexagrammatic Wards: 5 Aura. Medium Hardened Armor: 10 AP. Thermoptic Camo: Can be almost invisible. Manipulator Arms Jaws: Strength 9. Living Vehicle: It's ALIVE!.
Weapons: Two Handed CQW Big Teeth, 10k4+20 R, p5, Unwieldy (cannot parry). 2x Short Range Missile, 4k2+15 X, p5, rof 1, range 100m. 2x Personnel Weapon Mounts: 2x Heavy Bolters, 4k2 X, p8, rof 10(full auto only), range 120m, Tearing(minimum 1 wound if any damage penetrates armor), 60 ammo each.
* The Static Defense numbers are for the vehicles at the Momentum: 0, 1 to 5, 6 to 9, and 10+

System :: Dungeons the Dragoning 40k 7e
Version :: Telok's

Fried Fred, Master Cocaine Wizard in Good Standing

Fred was always better at partying than studying, not that he was bad at studying, he was so good he didn't even have to try. In fact that was pretty much his whole life, everything he tried was easy and he was good at it. Then he started studying magic and doing drugs. One time he woke up from a hangover with a cyber-brain implant and juicer rig in him, but that just made him even better at everything. Then there was the time he shot up the good stuff, stole the pet of another cocaine wizard and crashed the high coke wizard guild master's meeting & blow party. Ms. Fluffers ate several apprentices but the grand wizard was laughing so hard that Fred just ended up promoted to the job of that the guy he stole Ms. Fluffy from. Life just keeps getting better and better and better.
I like the bio a lot:grin:!

Notes: Not a great wizard yet but... Cyborg-Ninja Tyrannosaurus Rex Cocaine-Wizard Pet.
...I'll allow it:thumbsup:!

Day 9: Hollow Earth Expedition

Note: This guy is utterly unprepared to face the hollow earth. That's on purpose. I always wanted to be a player in the game with an ordinary guy unexpectedly caught up in trying to survive the environment and its wonders.

Code:
Name: Evan Scott
Archetype: Grease Monkey
Motivation: Survival

Health:      5          Style: 0

Body:        3          Charisma:       2
Dexterity:   2          Intelligence:   3
Strength:    3          Willpower:      2

Size:        0          Initiative:     5
Move:        5          Defense:        5
Perception:  5          Stun:           3

Skill        Base       Level       Rating        Average
Athletics       3           2            5             2+
Brawl           3           4            7             3+
Craft           3           4            7             3+
  Mechanics                              8             4
Streetwise      2           2            4             2
Survival        3           2            5             2+

Weapons      Rating     Size        Attack        Average
Punch           0 N        0           0 N            0 N

Gear: -

Talents:
  High Pain Tolerance [remain conscious until -3 helth]

Flaws: -

Background:
Nobody told me nuthin. Why would they? I'm just the nobody grease monkey who keeps the ship in workin order. That's the job. Or it was till that freak storm came outta nowhere an tore my ship clean in two. We musta been way off course too, cause there was land near enough by to swim to when it went down. Didn't even have time to catch a breath before friggin dinosaurs came stamping outta a forest. You get that? Dinosaurs! Saw one of em eat the cap'n straight off. Not even fifty yards away from me. Nothin I could do. We saw them dinosaurs eat the cap'n an we scattered every which way. Some of us found each other later on - a buncha hoity toity passengers, they were - for now we're stickin together. That was three days ago. At least I think it was. My head's all mess'd up in this place.

Anyhow, this morning we found some more people. A buncha broads. Mostly nekkid. Good lookin too! But you know what they did? They shot at us! With bows and arrows! So we scattered. Again.

I don't know nuthin. But I ain't gonna die here. That's what I know. So help me God!

Day 9

System: Vagabonds of Dyfed

This is a simple and solid system that I hope to play in the future. It succeeds in melding pbta and dungeon fantasy and keeps it to a hundred pages.

Gloin used to spend his time transcribing manuscripts and describing artifacts. This slowly drove his interest in all the variations and coinage and royal seals. He eventually realized that a vow of poverty was a really stupid idea because people really liked to own stuff. He really liked to own stuff. So he collected all the quality coins and seals of the monastery and set out to gain a full collection of every variety of coin ever minted by the empire. This is going to require wheeling and dealing. And maybe a bit of liberating of items hidden away in other collections.

Character concept: Monk turned thief

HP: 8 Armor 2 Speed -3

MY APPROACH TO CONFLICT: Deceptive

MY GOAL: Full Set of Imperial Coins

MY GIMMICK: collects coins and jewelry

MY BACKGROUND: Dishonored Monk

MY FOREGROUND: Artifact Hunter

MY WEAKNESS: Hedonist

Core Flaw: The collection always comes first

Lineage: Dwarf, calligraphy craft

Technique: Devoted; Restore

Equipment: mace, mail armor, cartography kit, thieves kit

Last edited:
Day 9: Hollow Earth Expedition

Note: This guy is utterly unprepared to face the hollow earth. That's on purpose. I always wanted to be a player in the game with an ordinary guy unexpectedly caught up in trying to survive the environment and its wonders.

Code:
Name: Evan Scott
Archetype: Grease Monkey
Motivation: Survival

Health:      5          Style: 0

Body:        3          Charisma:       2
Dexterity:   2          Intelligence:   3
Strength:    3          Willpower:      2

Size:        0          Initiative:     5
Perception:  5          Stun:           3

Athletics       3           2            5             2+
Brawl           3           4            7             3+
Craft           3           4            7             3+
  Mechanics                              8             4
Streetwise      2           2            4             2
Survival        3           2            5             2+

Gear: -

Talents:
  High Pain Tolerance [remain conscious until -3 helth]

Flaws: -

Background:
Nobody told me nuthin. Why would they? I'm just the nobody grease monkey who keeps the ship in workin order. That's the job. Or it was till that freak storm came outta nowhere an tore my ship clean in two. We musta been way off course too, cause there was land near enough by to swim to when it went down. Didn't even have time to catch a breath before friggin dinosaurs came stamping outta a forest. You get that? Dinosaurs! Saw one of em eat the cap'n straight off. Not even fifty yards away from me. Nothin I could do. We saw them dinosaurs eat the cap'n an we scattered every which way. Some of us found each other later on - a buncha hoity toity passengers, they were - for now we're stickin together. That was three days ago. At least I think it was. My head's all mess'd up in this place.

Anyhow, this morning we found some more people. A buncha broads. Mostly nekkid. Good lookin too! But you know what they did? They shot at us! With bows and arrows! So we scattered. Again.

I don't know nuthin. But I ain't gonna die here. That's what I know. So help me God!
Still more prepared than the captain:grin:!

And yeah, I've wanted to do likewise, meaning "play a character who would be mostly unprepared for the new world":thumbsup:!

I like the bio a lot:grin:!

...I'll allow it:thumbsup:!
It's a legit starting character. Funny enough, a BattleTech Atlas mech is cheaper than that dinosaur. If I were really playing it I'd probable fiddle around with the T-Rex to get it down to holdings 3 and include a remote control system. As it is you can only tell the AI to go places, park, wait, etc., and take 3 other actions before it runs out of memory and the T-Rex "eat you all" instincts kick in.

System Apes Victorious
Version 2016 PDF

Bertrum the Wise
Orangutan Politician (hit dice 1d4)

4A4A1435-50D5-497A-AB5B-1DF0ABEF5037.png

Strength 12 (Muscle Check 2 out of 6)
Constitution 12 (Resist Trauma 85%)
Dexterity 8 (Defense Modifier +1, Missile Attack Bonus and Initiative Bonus -1)
Intelligence 14 (+1 language and +5% to XP and resesrch rolls)
Charisma 11 (Morale 7)
Psionic Potential 6

Hit Points 3
PSI Points 6

May only use small weapons like handguns and knives but can wear any armor.

Base research skill 30%

Use ancient technology 30%

Bandage wounds to heal 1hp per person per day.

2 out of 6 to know information about human ruins and artifacts.

Can order non-Orangutan NPCs to do his bidding. At level 1 can command one 1st level ape NPC for a task that takes no longer than one day. Temporarily requisition property, ask for shelter, or other favors, from peasants or level 0 NPCs.

Bertrum is an up and coming politician hungry to establish a place for himself. He has decided that leading expeditions to research the secrets of the ancients will not only keep those secrets out of hostile hands but may also give him the opportunity to take possession of technology that he can use to advance his cause.

It's a legit starting character. Funny enough, a BattleTech Atlas mech is cheaper than that dinosaur. If I were really playing it I'd probable fiddle around with the T-Rex to get it down to holdings 3 and include a remote control system. As it is you can only tell the AI to go places, park, wait, etc., and take 3 other actions before it runs out of memory and the T-Rex "eat you all" instincts kick in.
"Go to the place of my enemies, eat them all":thumbsup:!

System :: Convergence Point
Version :: 1.9

Day 9) Eugene "Kato" Lunan

All this set of characters are based on the "anime" of The Neo Frontiers. The full anime series New frontier is not supposed to focus on any particular character but follows several characters throughout the course of the series. Although each one gets to be a star in one episode some just continue to follow their life. They are all interlinked around the high school "stage" characters. They will be at the level of when they first appear in the "anime".

Name: Eugene "Kato" Lunan
Core Trait: Esper Navigator of the Neo Frontiers
Spacer, Lunan Raised

Eugene was in the first cadre of Lunans, spacers born on the moon. Like a lot of his cadre, Earth was in no shape to send a shuttle for a minor medical emergency (giving birth in low G invites complications).

His family was in a lunar shuttle "bouncer" when The Battle of Luna took place. Capt Williamson personally took out the rovers that had them in the crossfire. It was at that point he nicknamed himself "Kato".

Unlike most of his cadre (age group), he wanted to fly in The Black. He went to the best lunar school of navigation, (because of the war there was an excess of pilots). While hanging around the Space Port he fell in with a lot of spacers. He eventually was connected with "The Hornet". After gushing like a wailing fan of a music star, the two got to talking. Eventually, he relented and hired Kato on.

The two have flown to a lot of planets, planetoids, and stationaries all around the system. Including places people are not supposed to know about. Hornet took him to Earth to show off why the habitat domes have a blue finish and what cherry trees/ blossoms looked like. He had to be carted along in a wheelchair. He even met The Captain's Family. (His brother only would call him Eugene.. no call signs... as he called The Captain Joshua.) He even explained his Niece-Sister and how that came about. She was the one that labeled him "cute".

Note: He can stand and walk for short times in Earth G, he just does not like to and the Captain was worried about him.

Write Up Convergence Point

Name: Eugene "Kato" Lunan
Core Trait: Esper Navigator of the Neo Frontiers
Spacer, Lunan Raised (Different Defaults)
Lv 3 /EP Mod 1.45x (1.2 -.1 +.35)

PHY 10 +3/7- "Resistant to Cabin Crud"
DEX 12 +4/7- "I played Piano"
MEN 12 +4/8- "I am a Lunan, you are either smart or you're dead."
EMO 12 +4/8- "I. WILL. NOT. GIVE. UP!"
MPY 12 +4/8- "Esper"
CHA 15 +5/9- "Cute"

Life Focus: L-VHL +ESP +TEC +SCI -1x

L-VHL+3 "Shuttle" "Cargo Ship"
ESP+3 "BASIC" "Esper Skill - awareness around the craft (VHL/SCI)" "Esper Skill (GEE) - 0G Flight"
TEC+3 "Ship Repair" "Polyglue will fix anything"
SCI +4 "Navigations" "Ship Systems" "Power System"

L-KNW+1 "Sol System" "Spacers" "Some of those secrets they don't tell you in school"
CON+1 "Spacers"

Developing /Expanding sets
PHY: Genetic Gravity Treatment (A1)
Mattingly University - School of Navigation L-KNW+1 "Sol System" SCI+1 "Navigation" +.2x
Hung at the Space Port CON+1 "Spacer" KNW+0 "Spacer" +.15
Psych: Loyalty to Cpt Williamson - undying (B3)
Member Lunar Independence Party (B1)

Purist alert: Yes I know the call signs were supposed to be Orion and Procyon, instead of Hornet and Kato. However, they screw up Eugene's callsign name in the dub I saw (Blitz? Blitzen?). The Hornet's suit has green trim. I like this set better because it fits their relationship. (And it is funny.)

1) Simone Williamson Synth-zed Student of the Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/#post-389775

2) Kaede Tanaka Esper Student of Neo Frontiers
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/#post-389976

3) Kathryn Puppe Synth - Mekenoid/Ai Assistant of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-2#post-390222

4) Racheal Brown Alpha Student of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-3#post-390574

5) Jill and Jane Human Athletic Students of the Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-3#post-390954

6) Roberto "Mango the Great" Yee Human VR Gamer of the Neo Frontier Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-4#post-391345

7) Dr. (Albert) Williamson Core Trait: Human BioScience Researcher in The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-4#post-391926

8) Josh "Hornet" Williamson, Cpt Retired US/UZ SDF Human Space Marine Pilot of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-5#post-392416

9) Eugene "Kato" Lunan Esper Navigator of the Neo Frontiers
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-6#post-392771

System :: Heavy Gear
Version :: First Edition

Character 9
HG1 Quade.jpg
I have a soft spot for Heavy Gear and Jovian Chronicles both. This character is a pretty standard "guy who wanders the Badlands", ready to play his part in whatever Cowboys & Diesel Powered Robots shenanigans a GM might aim to conjure up. Of course, any time you play a game of Heavy Gear and you play a character who isn't a Gear pilot, you know you're really living on the edge, because a Gear is bound to show up eventually and it'll be something you need to live your life doing your best to avoid in any sort of straight on way. I've always liked the military vibes of Heavy Gear and its system, the scale of things. It falls on the good side of the edge of crunch & detail. I like 1e and 2e about the same, but 2e does add a bit of skill bloat that made me choose 1e for this guy. Ignore 3e, the 1st 2 editions are best.

Jan 10

System :: Ars Magica
Version :: 5th Edition

Next up is a character for Spreadsheet Wizards, erm, I mean Ars Magica. I've devised a reclusive jackass who will specialise in Rego Mentem magic to trap peoples' souls in inanimate objects, just because he's a jerk. Ars Magica has a heap of different skills and abilities, but because they mostly all work similarly it's not too burdensome. My evil pal Pertinax is described by dozens of numbers, but making this character was a far more satisfactory experience than the Rube Goldberg monstrosity that was my attempt at Pathfinder 2e from a few days ago.

Code:
Name:   Pertinax ex Miscellanea
Virtues and Flaws: The Gift (0), Diabolic Past (-3), Reclusive (-1), Infamous Master (-1), Major Focus (Necromancy, 3), Improved Characteristics (1), Premonitions (1)
                   Secondary Insight (0), Inventive Genius (0), Blatant Gift (0)

INT: 3
PER: 2
STR: 0
STA: -1
PRS: -2
COM: 3
QIK: -1

Rego:      21 (6)               Mentem:   19 (5)
Perdo:     15 (5)               Ignem:    15 (5)
Creo:      15 (5)               Aquam:    15 (5)
Muto:      15 (5)               Vim:      15 (5)
Intellego: 15 (5)               Animal:   15 (5)
                                Auram:    10 (4)
                                Corpus:   15 (5)
                                Imaginem: 15 (5)
                                Herbam:   10 (4)
                                Terram:   15 (5)

Abilities:   Native Language (Lithuanian, 75pts, Lvl 5)
             Guile (15, 2)
             Stealth (5, 1)
             Survival (5, 1)
             Awareness (15, 2)
             Living Language (Latin, 15, 2)
             Concentration (Lab, 15, 2)
             Artes Liberales (5, 1)

Personality: Cruel (3)
             Humorous (1)
             Patient (1)

Day 9

System: Traveler
Version: Classic
Publisher: Game Designers' Workshop/Far Future Enterprises

System Notes: I made use of Supplement 4: Citizens of the Imperium for this, since I've done this game on previous challenges and wanted to mix things up a bit.

Attribute rolls: A8A377, so strong and tough, but dull, and average in everything else. Since I'm using Supplement 4, the Barbarian career seems like the best fit, so let's go for that.

1st Term
Made enlistment roll (5+, got 6 with a +2 bonus due to atttributes, for 8 total)
Received Sword-1 as a free skill upon entry
Made survival roll (6+, got 11 with +2 bonus, for 13 total)
Made position roll (6+, got 10 with +1 bonus, for 11 total); attained Rank 1; rolled on advanced skill table to get Mechanical-1
Failed promotion roll (9+, got 5)
Two skill rolls for first term: both on basic table; got Brawling-1 and Bow Combat-2
Made reenlistment roll (6+, got 7)

2nd Term:
Made survival roll (6+, got 4 with +2 bonus, for 6 total)
Failed promotion roll (9+, got 3)
One skill roll: basic table; got Bow Combat again to get Bow Combat-2
Failed reenlistment roll (6+, got 5)
Benefit roll: one each per term plus one for Rank 1 = three total; rolled once on cash table for 5 (Cr. 3000), and twice on regular table for 4 and 6 (Blade, High Passage)

Name: Kathara
Barbarian 2, Rank 1
Age 26

STR 10
DEX 8
END 10
INT 3
EDU 7
SOC 7

Skills: Bow Combat-2, Brawling-1, Mechanical-1, Sword-1
Equipment: Cr. 3000, Sword, High Passage

Backstory: Kathara hails from a harsh, primitive world in a backwater of the Imperium, where she learned to hunt and fight in her youth. Her planet seldom saw traders at its Class E starport, but once in a while they would be visited by an independent merchant looking for a new market, and she was fascinated by their ships and the strange things they brought from other worlds. Moreover, she found that she had a knack for working with the mechanical devices that they would sometimes trade in exchange for furs, spices, and other raw materials. She also felt that, despite her proven combat ability, she was not seen as a true warrior amongst her people, so rather than endure a lower status, she decided to set out one day with a trader crew that had an extra berth. Now Kathara travels the space lanes as a bodyguard (and occasional enforcer) for hire. No matter how advanced the Imperium may be beyond her homeworld, there are still plenty of times where a problem can only be solved by a fist or a blade.

January 10
System: Honor+Intrigue
Version: 2022 Tablet version

Vincenzo di Franco
Male
errol-flynn-famous-for-his-swashbuckling-film-roles-of-the-1930s-and-picture-id517456694

Motivation: My name is Vincenzo, you killed my father, prepare to suffer multiple broken bones!

Might: 4
Daring 0
Mind 0
Flair 1

Abilities:
Brawl 2
Melee 0
Ranged -1
Defense 3

Careers:
Duelist 1
Scholar 1
Don Juan 1
Aristocrat 1

Languages:
Italian (Native)
French (Basic)

Boons:
Born Athlete
Herculean Strength
Duelling Style: Wrestling/Kurash
Manoeuvres:
Beat

Flaws:
Evil Twin (Unknown at the start)
Lust

Fortune: 4
Lifeblood: 14 (150% what Jacqueline has got, yes).

Weapons:
Buckler (1d6+3 dmg)
Broadsword (1d6+5 dmg)

Bio:
A strongman since he was a boy, Vincenzo can lift a man with one hand holding him by the belt. On a good day, he can hold him there, too, which he has used to settle accounts bloodlessly.
Though when he has to, he can also throw a man through the air...but he prefers to avoid bloodshed. Not out of any particular aversion, it's just that most other men break so easily!
Besides, he broke a man once, and never managed to meet his sister again. Which was a great loss, since she was a beauty well-known in Naples...
But now that he has received news that his father has disappeared in France, while at the employ of a certain De la Croix (as poor aristocrats need to sell their swords sometimes, alas, though that's obviously not WORKING), he embarked on the first ship to Paris. M. De la Croix was kind enough to tell him the name of the likely killer:
La Chatte Noire, a notorious thief and duelist!

Notes: Vincenzo is no doubt a very physically powerful character, basically modelled after the toughest pulp characters. He attacks with a Beat (3d6 take best 2+5 or 6 vs opponent's defense) first, then he moves on to grapple and/or destroy an opponent, regardless of whether he is using a weapon. He is adept at pushing the opponent's hand when he is unarmed against a weapon (and obviously, against a man with no honour). This brings no penalty due to a style benefit.
At the same time, he is good enough at defence, so it's not easy to hit him, though he's not even close to Jacqueline in that regard (she's got the free Dodge and the Spanish style bonus going for her).

In honor of the ongoing shitshow surrounding the OGL, Ima go with a D&D derived game published under the OGL today. This is a starting, True 20 version of the same character I posted earlier for SWADE and my last MSH (FASERIP) post. No gear or extra details, for brevity.

System :: True 20
Version :: 1

Braysta Nightmoon
Background
: Elf
Class: Adept (Charisma-based) LV 1
Nature:
  • Virtue: Free-Spirited
  • Vice: Flirtatious
Conviction: 3
Combat: 0
Saving Throws
  • Fortitude: 0
  • Reflexes: 0 (+2)
  • Will: +2
Strength -1
Dexterity +2
Constitution 0
Intelligence +1
Wisdom 0
Charisma +4

Core Ability: The Talent (Spend 1 Conviction to use unknown Supernatural Power or to eliminate accumulated modifiers to fatigue saving throws for using powers.)

Skills: Concentration +4, Diplomacy +8, Knowledge (Supernatural) +5, Notice +4, Perform (Dance) +8

Feats: Attractive, Night Vision, Talented (Notice and Search), Weapon Training, Supernatural Power (Elf), Supernatural Talent (Dominate and Elemental Blast).

Supernatural Powers:
  • Power Rank: 4
  • Power Bonus: +8
  • Save Difficulty: 15
  • Known Powers: Dominate, Elemental Blast, Energy Shaping.
EDIT: Forgot my Elf Background grated me a bonus power. When with Supernatural Talent instead, since Powers = Feat selections in this game, and I already picked three powers.

Last edited:
System :: Top Secret
Version :: /S.I.

Character 10
TopSecret Vincent.jpg
Top Secret/S.I.!

Not happy with my character sheet here, used an Excel sheet I found online rather than the massive official 4 page one. Anyways, this guy is a somewhat easy-going, not too serious Italian who is a magician and has been known to hustle from time to time at the gambling tables (and elsewhere, with con games, etc.). Over time he found himself mixed up in the world of espionage. He's more of a resource for his friends than a lead agent sort of character. He loves the trappings of the high life and putting on airs of old world sophistication.

I like the vibe of this game, mechanically a bit weighty. Overall, I think James Bond 007 probably takes the crown in this RPG category, but I think Top Secret/S.I. is a total contender.

Character 10
System: Unknown Armies
Version: 3rd ed

Name: Declan Jackson
Concept: Criminal Fixer

HardenedFailed
Violence61
Unnatural00
Helplessness51
Isolation42
Self50

Fitness 40%/Dodge 40%
Status 45%/Pursuit 35%
Knowledge 40%/Lie 40%
Notice 65%/15%
Connect 35%/Struggle 45%

Identity: Fixer 70%

I’m a Fixer, of course I can get a meeting with the boss, find out about contraband, get taken seriously
Substitutes for: Connect
Feature: Resists challenges to Self
Feature: Unique – Call in a favor.

Identity: Criminal 50%

I'm a criminal of course I can know a lawbreaker for hire, survive in prison, commit crimes
Substitutes for: Status
Feature: Coerces Violence
Feature: Provides Firearm Attacks

Fear Passion: Being Shot at (Violence)
Noble Passion: Leave civilians out of it
Rage Passion: Being cheated in a deal.

Wound Threshold: 50

Background: Declan is aware he's not a good guy, but he doesn't see himself as a villain either. Sure, he's a criminal fixer but he provides what people want. Someone else would do so if he didn't. If he's forced to use violence (and he doesn't like doing so) it's because someone else has broken their word. And besides, he does his best to keep innocents out of business and gives money to his elderly mother every week.

Note: He's not there yet, but Declan is only 5 Hardened Notches off full sociopathy.

Last edited:
System :: Mercenaries, Spies & Private Eyes
Version :: Combined Edition (2019)

Character 11
MSPE Brandon.jpg
I'm not too familiar with this game or Tunnels & Trolls. It has an old-school vibe and I wouldn't mind giving it a shot sometime. The Attribute generation reminds me the slightest bit of Palladium (but a bit better), with that whole "If you roll triples, add another 2d6 to the stat" thing. Also, the Skills with the IQ prerequisites and getting the number of skill points as IQ points gives off very strong Fantasy Trip vibes (except TFT is a point build system in every respect, and this game has random attributes, so not the same kind of trade-off mechanism). In the case of this character, I felt like his concept options were pretty restricted by his below 10 IQ. Fortunately he is otherwise pretty tough, so I made him a bit of a goon with difficult prospects trying to find his way. I'll have to spend more time with this game, browsing a physical copy, stewing in it a bit to decide how much I'm a fan.

P.S. Oops, looks like documented his Thai Kickboxing APs wrong. It costs him 5 to get up to 5, then 2 more points to get to 6, so 7 APs total I think. So, legal still I believe.

Last edited:
In honor of the ongoing shitshow surrounding the OGL, Ima go with a D&D derived game published under the OGL today. This is a starting, True 20 version of the same character I posted earlier for SWADE and my last MSH (FASERIP) post. No gear or extra details, for brevity.

System :: True 20
Version :: 1

Braysta Nightmoon
Background
: Elf
Class: Adept (Charisma-based) LV 1
Nature:
  • Virtue: Free-Spirited
  • Vice: Flirtatious
Conviction: 3
Combat: 0
Saving Throws
  • Fortitude: 0
  • Reflexes: 0 (+2)
  • Will: +2
Strength -1
Dexterity +2
Constitution 0
Intelligence +1
Wisdom 0
Charisma +4

Core Ability: The Talent (Spend 1 Conviction to use unknown Supernatural Power or to eliminate accumulated modifiers to fatigue saving throws for using powers.)

Skills: Concentration +4, Diplomacy +8, Knowledge (Supernatural) +5, Notice +4, Perform (Dance) +8

Feats: Attractive, Night Vision, Talented (Notice and Search), Weapon Training, Supernatural Power (Elf), Supernatural Talent (Dominate and Elemental Blast).

Supernatural Powers:
  • Power Rank: 4
  • Power Bonus: +8
  • Save Difficulty: 15
  • Known Powers: Dominate, Elemental Blast, Energy Shaping.
EDIT: Forgot my Elf Background grated me a bonus power. When with Supernatural Talent instead, since Powers = Feat selections in this game, and I already picked three powers.
...not a bad idea. Maybe I should post a DCC character, myself, while I still can:shade:?
(Nope, not going to, at least not until we know Goodman aren't accepting the OGL 1.1. I'm going to go scorched earth on my side on all games using the OGL 1.1, that's my resolution for today).

Character 10
System: Unknown Armies
Version: 3rd ed

Name: Declan Jackson
Concept: Criminal Fixer

HardenedFailed
Violence61
Unnatural00
Helplessness51
Isolation42
Self50

Fitness 40%/Dodge 40%
Status 45%/Pursuit 35%
Knowledge 40%/Lie 40%
Notice 65%/15%
Connect 35%/Struggle 45%

Identity: Fixer 70%

I’m a Fixer, of course I can get a meeting with the boss, find out about contraband, get taken seriously
Substitutes for: Connect
Feature: Resists challenges to Self
Feature: Unique – Call in a favor.

Identity: Criminal 50%

I'm a criminal of course I can know a lawbreaker for hire, survive in prison, commit crimes
Substitutes for: Status
Feature: Coerces Violence
Feature: Provides Firearm Attacks

Fear Passion: Being Shot at (Violence)
Noble Passion: Leave civilians out of it
Rage Passion: Being cheated in a deal.

Wound Threshold: 50

Background: Declan is aware he's not a good guy, but he doesn't see himself as a villain either. Sure, he's a criminal fixer but he provides what people want. Someone else would do so if he didn't. If he's forced to use violence (and he doesn't like doing so) it's because someone else has broken their word. And besides, he does his best to keep innocents out of business and gives money to his elderly mother every week.

Note: He's not there yet, but Declan is only 5 Hardened Notches off full sociopathy.
...is this a starting PC? How exactly did you manage to get him 20 hardened notches in total:shock:? IIRC you should have been at 10 or 15 tops?

Granted, I have played mostly UA2e, though I backed 3e as well. Chargen is different.

Hmm, should I post up Cold Iron NPCs? I just statted up a basic Hobgoblin and a Hobgoblin Captain in about 15 minutes using my new automated character sheet... Not as fleshed out as a PC, but has combat skills and equipment...

Day 9:

System: The Tingleverse: The Official Chuck Tingle Role-Playing Game!
Version: 1 (as far as I know, only available through Amazon)

Note: stat checks are made by rolling under the relevant stat, so negative modifiers are good. Combat attacks are made by rolling 1d20 and getting higher than 10 + Attack or Ranged Score (so lower scores are better for an attacker) + defenders Defense Score (so higher scores are better for the defender).

Meet Liah Clopnay!

Liah Clopnay.jpg
(from costume-works.com)

Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: Unicorn
Trot: True Buckaroo

Ability Scores:
Charm: 15 (+1 because Unicorn) (no bonus to anything)
Dexterity: 13 (no bonus to Defense)
Fortitude: 12 (-1 because Unicorn) (no bonus to Health Points)
Book Smarts: 16 (+1 level 1, 2, and 3 cool moves per day)
Street Smarts: 12 (no bonus to Total Surprise Modifier)
Strength: 9 (no bonus to Attack)

Saves:
Fear: 14
Spell: 14
Void: 10

Combat Scores:
Health Points: 5
Attack Score total: 10
Ranged Score total: 10
Defense Score total: -5

As a Unicorn, Liah can replenish any cool move previously spent once per day, and can heal one character within 10 feet (including themself) for 1d8 HP per Liah's level once per day.

A True Buckaroo, Liah must be strictly non-violent. They can help friends as they fight, but Liah can never directly make an attack in combat.

As a True Buckaroo, while in combat Liah can channel the healing power of love in opposition to violence. During (and only during) combat rounds, Liah can touch a friendly being and heal 1d4+1 HP (increasing at higher levels to 4d4+4 at level 18). This can be done indefinitely during every round of combat, but only during combat. (If Liah and their party voluntarily enter into an easily winnable combat just to use this ability, Liah loses one level as their connection to the Tingleverse slightly untethers).

As a True Buckaroo, once per day Liah can assist another character with their roll. Liah offers words of wisdom while in the physical presence of the other character, and then Liah and the character being assisted simultaneously make the same roll, and the better roll is used. (This can even be used for an attack, since technically Liah is not the one attacking.)

Unique Ways:

Mosey: Liah is leisurely with their movements and is never in a hurry. They are always at the back of the party's marching order and always act last in combat. However, they take it all in. As long as Liah maintains this unique way, they get a +2 to Street Smarts (not added in above, and wouldn't result in a bonus anyway), and they can use the level 1 charmer cool move identify once a day without using a cool move slot.

Calves: Liah has incredibly muscular calves, and so has a -2 bonus to all charm rolls as long as their calves are visible. However, they have to spend 1/2 an hour each day doing calf raises to maintain them; if they do the raises in the evening they get a -1 to all attack rolls if they have to wake up to fight that night, and if they work out in the morning it's -1 to all attack rolls for the first two hours of that day because of soreness.

Cool Moves:

At first level Liah can use two level 1 cool moves each day. They know two cool moves, and at the start of each day can choose which combination of cool moves they'll have access to that day (so one of each, or the same one twice).

Good Spirits: Liah harnesses their good vibes to positively affect nearby (20 yard sphere) companions, giving htem a +1 bonus to saves and attack rolls for 5 rounds.

Love Rainbow: Liah calls forth the magical power of love from their fingertips, erupting into a wedge of flashing rainbow colours affecting 1d8 creatures (who can see). Any creature at Liah's level or better can save; those under their level can't. Creatures who fail their save or can't save are dazzled and are completely incapacitated for 1d4 rounds.

Liah Clopnay and their valiant companions quest to protect Billings, Montana, and the wider world from the Void and its agents (they have faced down Void Crabs and a Not Basketball, and even survived an encounter with Truckman's Ghost). Liah helped rescue a beautiful lesbian vampire Bigfoot from a Manifested Spirit of Self-Loathing and the two have become a passionate couple.

Ultimately, the Tingleverse is a place that thrives on love.

Never forget you are the hero of your own adventure.

Day 9
System :: Monster!Monster!
Version :: 2nd Edition

NameSmergg
KinGhargh
Level7
GenderMale
Height5'9"
Weight160Lbs
Age23
Money0
Prime Attributes
STR26
CON0
DEX0
SPD0
CHR8
IQ0
LK0
WIZ0
Personal Combat Adds14
Mankind Rating70
Spells & Powers
Flight
Skin equal to Chainmail (12 hits)
Weapons & ArmorCoins
Light Bow/24 Arrows3d640
Monster Exploring Pack9
3 Days Provisions3
Roman Helmet3 Hits18
Club3d620

System :: Mork Borg
Version :: Bare Bones

Ah, a wonderful little comedy game. Lets roll up some characters by an old old method we used in the late 80s. You roll straight up as intended, but then get a second & third character out of the rolls. Second gets all even rolls at +2s and all odd rolls at -2s, wrapping the dice (so D&D 3d6 17 -> a 15 & 3). Third is like second but swap even/odd.

Name: 4,4,1,8 .. 6,2,3,6 .. 2,6,5,2
Margar Daeru .. Urvarg Keftar .. Grittr Quillnach

Stuff: 3,4,6,5 .. 5,2,8,3 .. 1,6,4,7
Backpack, magnesium strip, toolbox, warhammer .. 16 torches, wagon, grappling hook, short sword .. Nothing, sharp needle, 3 monkeys, bow, 26 arrows

Armor: 4 .. 2 .. 2
Heavy armor .. Light armor .. Light armor

Stats: 8,14,10,14 .. 10,12,12,12 .. 6,16,8,16
Agility, presence, strength, toughness.
-1,+1,+0,+1 .. 4x +0 .. -2,+2,-1,+2

Carry: 8 .. 8 .. 7
Hp: +2 .. +6 .. +8 -> 16 .. 18 .. 24
Traits: 9,7 .. 11,5 .. 7,9
Nihilistic & conflicted, Vindictive & cruel, same as 1st
Body, Habit, Tale: 13,6,17 .. 15,4,19 .. 11,8,15
Stutterinf, unable to get to the point, dreamed underground temple & understand worm & bug songs .. One hand lacks thumb & index, gambling addict, accept "burn or be burned" fate .. Long tangled hair + cockroach in it, nose picker, share other's nightmares

Class: 5,1,3
Heretical Priest (Temple ruins in the Valley of the Unfortunate Undead, may use powers in medium armor, list of sins - Presence DR10: A strange light surrounds evil creatures. The list’s owner defends with +2 against any being discovered) .. Fanged Deserter (bite attack, +2 DR agility tests, illiterate, earliest memory - burnt building, has a monster mask) .. Esoteric hermit (origin - dying from plague & touched by something, speaker of truth - 2/day reduce someone's next test by 4 DR, scroll - aegis of sorrow - creature gains 2d6 extra hp for 10 rounds)

Huh, should have done class first. Oh well, too bad, so sad. Skipping money rolls, bastards are all broke-ass losers this time.

Wander, contact, adventure spark: 8,19,49 .. 10,17,51 .. 6,1,47
Valley of the Unfortunate Undead, restless soul named Ghast, map of stuff west .. Bergen Chrypt tree line, ulcerous scoundrel, rumor of unexplored island .. City wall of Galgenbeck, one-eyed woman rules the thieves, artifact must be destroyed

Result is...
Margar Daeru, a Heretical Priest with a List of Sins. Agl -1, Pre +1, Str +0, Tuf +1, hp 16, carry 8. Backpack (carry 7), magnesium strip, toolbox (10 nails & sundry), warhammer (d6), heavy armor (-d6 dmg & +4 DR agl tests & +2 DR defense). Nihilistic & conflicted. Stuttering, unable to get to the point, dreamed underground temple & understand worm & bug songs. Wanders in the Valley of the Unfortunate Undead, contacts a restless soul named Ghast, has a map of stuff to the west.

Some twit who thinks he's a shining paladin yet doesn't like being nice to people, but it'll all end in ruin & tears anyways. Stutters a lot and never finishes a story or thought. Can understand worms ("there's some lovely filth over here!") & bugs (it's all mating or warning or "here's food", very tedious hearing umpity bazillion cicadas screaming "i'm horny r u k thx pls" all night) and it's... yeah, kill all the bugs. There's some stupid spirit hanging around whining about his unburied desecrated corpse. At least he's honest enough to admit he won't go away if you help him. And there's this map with an X on it. Maybe treasure, maybe the stupid dead guy, maybe a dungeon. At least it's somewhere to go and there might be fewer bugs there.

Oh, and a couple backup characters. I feel we might need them.

System Shotguns N Saddles
Version 2013 PDF

Biff Barker, Former Lawman
Level 0

Athletics 9
Book Learning 12
Fighting 8 (-1)
Frontier 13 (+1)
Grit 14 (+1)
Horsemanship 14 (+1)
Perception 12
Presence 13 (+1)
Shooting 8 (-1)
Stealth 13 (+1)
Strength 5 (-1)
Quickness 10

Move 4”
Defense 10 (10 + Quickness modifier + level)
Hit Points 2 (hit die d8)

Alignment Brown Hat, basically a good person but will prioritize himself and loved ones over doing the right thing.

Marksman No penalty at long range, +4 instead of +2 when aiming

Starting Money $90

Biff did a stint as a lawman after the war but his family was killed in retaliation and he hung up the badge. At the moment he just wants to keep to himself but under the right circumstances he could be lured back into action.

Shotguns N Saddles is a neat little old school, old west RPG by David Bezlo. This game is a decade old and done under a Creative Commons as opposed to the OGL. It has some interesting mechanics for showdowns, a ton of background information and an adventure included. Well worth a look.

Day 10: Hollow Earth Expedition

Grant is a successful businessman, who's earned a degree of wealth and influence. Though married, he's a perpetual playboy, much to the irritation of his wife. Anyone who knows him would tell you he's the life of the party. That is, until he begins to sober up. Without the drink to grease his wheels, Grant has a bit of a mean streak and a penchant for manipulating people to get what he wants.
Like all wealthy playboys, grant enjoys more free time than most people do. He uses his to engage in his hobbies, which are hunting & archery, though he's never really excelled at either.

Code:
Name: Grant Goodman
Archetype: Moneyman
Motivation: Greed

Health:      4          Style: 1

Body:        2          Charisma:       4
Dexterity:   3          Intelligence:   3
Strength:    2          Willpower:      2

Size:        0          Initiative:     6
Perception:  5          Stun:           2

Archery         3           2            5             2+
Bureaucracy     3           4            7             3+
Con             4           1            5             2+
Diplomacy       4           3            7             3+
Empathy         3           3            6             3
Firearms        3           1            4             2
  Rifles                                 5             3
Survival        3           1            4             2

.30-06 rifle    3 L        0           8 L            4 L

Gear: Flask, filled with whiskey; box of .30-06 ammo (100) x 2

Talents:
  Charismatic [+1 Charisma]

Flaws:
  Addiction(alcohol)

Day 3

System :: Cold Iron
Version :: 2022 Blackmarsh Adventures

And here's a Hobgoblin captain that took me a few minutes more. I'm really pleased with this character sheet. I need to do some work to make it easier to use for NPCs but the speed of creating a character for a moderately complex system is impressive. Because these were quick and dirty, there are some messy tabs like Cleric Spells and Spells and I didn't complete all the skill selections.

BTW, I love that we can drop Google Sheets into posts.

Jan 11

System :: Stars Without Number
Version :: Revised Free Edition

I'm a bit unmotivated today so I just rolled up a bog-standard adventurer. Scion of a noble house, restless thrill seeker, yada yada.

Jan11_final.png

Just to cleanse my palette of all this OGL nonsense, I'm going to do an Invisible Sun character. Needless to say I'll be a while.

System :: Convergence Point
Version :: 1.9

Day 10 Buddy

All this set of characters are based on the "anime" of The Neo Frontiers. The full anime series New frontier is not supposed to focus on any particular character but follows several characters throughout the course of the series. Although each one gets to be a star in one episode some just continue to follow their life. They are all interlinked around the high school "stage" characters. They will be at the level of when they first appear in the "anime".

Buddy Meken General Purpose Robot of The Neo Frontier Age
Buddy - Meken Robo - at the local Frjtz break shop.

Buddy is the robot staff at the local Frjtz break shop. He is obviously meken, with a plastic and chrome appearance and a cartoon robot face. (Technically he is a mekenoid, but he is mechanical looking AND only an Expert Intelligence.)

We have mentioned Break Shops a couple of times. FYI -Break Shops from the writeup.

These were nearly prophetic visions of the future. In a world without Starbucks and café culture, these are their "third places" and source of caffeine. They serve coffee, tea, other drinks, and snack food often in “mini bento boxes “. Normally they are small storefronts with a few inside seats and maybe some outside seating. Some are glorified takeaway windows.

Frjtz (small chain) – This snack shop only sells drinks and potato frites with a variety of dipping sauces in cups. Those outlets that have indoor seating (as most are of the sell through the window type) will sell waffles and/or crepes.

The girls seem to always go to this one. It has some "under mall overhang" seating, so they sell waffles/ crepes. (They also complain when they go to another Frjtz that the frites are not as good as Buddy's.)

Note: Kathryn always wants to go to a Blue Sky Break Shop. It is like she is programmed to. Racheal always wants to go to "Mc Shop", but everyone... including the J's ... say "NO!". It is a shtick that happens like five times in series 1. The one time they go, she has like four (or more) "Ground Meat Sandwiches". Everyone else is aghast. (I am not sure if it is because it is meat or so much meat or because of the way she was scarfing them down.)

Buddy should be a Non-Protagonist Character and one that should be ignored. Yet, the characters ... like Players are want to do... decide that they like this one and it is important. So they talk with Buddy... tell them their problems, say that they like a boy, ask his advice, tell him he looks extra shiny today, and so on. Sometimes he gives banal vaguely 8-ball like advice, sometimes he just says, "Have a better day". It is their afternoon shtick in the series.

I am including him because it explains one of my favorite lines in the whole series. It was here that Kathryn quietly tells off Racheal (who had just been loud, obnoxious, and rude to Buddy because of her order - not realizing her attitude might of been the reason for her order being "less than perfect" )

"Be polite to him. Just because he is a simple meken is no reason to be rude. Besides, when we take over the world, we will remember who was rude to us."

At that point, Kathryn and Kaede give simple "mona lisa smiles" and simultaneously drink their tea. Simone and everyone else there all go "wahhhhh!" in that cartoony anime way to show they are stressed and surprised.

The Viewer is left hanging if this is a joke (Kathryn does not seem to have much of a sense of humor) or a friendly meken telling their biologic friends what will happen in the future.

They are about to leave to head to the space port... when Racheal runs back and apologizes to Buddy. "What? Just in case."

Write Up Convergence Point

Name: Buddy
Core Trait: Meken EI General Purpose Robot of The Neo Frontier Age
Humanoid Chassis Sc3 Size 3 Complexity 3/ Importance 3
This can have a variable cost depending on the chronicle/ setting Key 2 cost ranges from 0 to 5x.
Manipulator 0 2 “arms”
Manipulator, Articulate 0 joined
Manipulator, Fine 0 with hands
Drive, Walker 2 2 Legs to move a speed
Stability 0
Sensor, Audio 0 2 side receptors
Sensor, Touch 0 2 sensors in hand
Sensor Video 0 2 front facing receptors
Output, Audio 0 faux mouth
Nested Analytical 0 EI Program included
(Note: Yes, it is the same framework/ chassis that Kathryn was built on.)

2 Multi Tool (Cooking) in Hands
1 Connection to Register/ Ordering system
2 +2 CHA AaE "Cute Robot"
(3) Unassigned customization spaces

Stats are assigned because I could.... not required
PHY 10 +3/7-
DEX 10 +3/7-
MEN 12 +4/8-
EMO 10 +3/7-
MPY 10 +3/7- (I gave him MPY because it seemed like he had some, with his personality)
CHA 16 +5/9-

Programs
Craft+2 Cook
Craft+2 Restaurateur

1) Simone Williamson Synth-zed Student of the Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/#post-389775

2) Kaede Tanaka Esper Student of Neo Frontiers
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/#post-389976

3) Kathryn Puppe Synth - Mekenoid/Ai Assistant of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-2#post-390222

4) Racheal Brown Alpha Student of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-3#post-390574

5) Jill and Jane Human Athletic Students of the Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-3#post-390954

6) Roberto "Mango the Great" Yee Human VR Gamer of the Neo Frontier Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-4#post-391345

7) Dr. (Albert) Williamson Core Trait: Human BioScience Researcher in The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-4#post-391926

8) Josh "Hornet" Williamson, Cpt Retired US/UZ SDF Human Space Marine Pilot of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-5#post-392416

9) Eugene "Kato" Lunan Esper Navigator of the Neo Frontiers
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-6#post-392771

10) Buddy Meken General Purpose Robot of The Neo Frontier Age
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-6#post-393572

System :: DC Heroes
Version :: 3e

Character 12
DCH Beacon2.png

My favorite supers campaign I was ever in was with DC Heroes. This guy is pretty basic compared to some other characters I've made with the system. I normally like characters to have interesting limitations or quirks that tie into the fictional logic of their powers, but I didn't go too hard with this guy. Triton Blue, a character I had with this fear projection power that he had trouble controlling when his danger sense went off, was a fun little unpredictable complication generator (his fear generation was likely to panic normal bystanders more often than he could purposely use it on dangerous bad guys...). Anyways, DCH is a solid supers system!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back