Relationship With Parents: 1
Driving: 5
Cool: 6
Bod: 3
Luck: 6
Looks: 5
Bonk: 1

Powers: Bounce, Magical Girl
(All-I-Sun can rebound off any hard surface, taking no Bonk and rebounding up to 20 feet. She can also make a wish come true three times a day, although Jackass Genie-GM is in full effect.)
Knacks: Disappoint Elders 2, Suddenly Appear Behind You 1
Traits: Manic Pixie-esque; Wildly Social; Totally Crushing On Her Host Brother
Allowance: $35/week

Although her family is respected and feared throughout the galaxy, All-I-Sun X10 was never interested in continuing the family tradition. For you see, the Greys are known for their skill in medicine, and the X10s are among the best of the best. But all Grey medical knowledge comes from, and all treatment is performed through, the, um, probing.

And the X10s have always been dentists.

All-I-Sun got tired of everyone being too afraid of her family to make eye contact, let alone party with her. She finally convinced her family to let her study abroad on Earth, which is such a backwater that no one there had even heard of Grey health care (or at least those that had experienced it were never believed).

Even better, the host family's son Kev Tanaka is a complete hottie and is some of her classes! If only he'd stop looking so queasy whenever she calls the host parents "Mom" or "Dad" while trying to play footsie with him under the dinner table.

Day 10

System: Fallen Justice
Version: N/A
Publisher: Gallant Knight Games

System Notes: Back to the OSR for me today, with a game inspired by Iron Age comics for playing gritty crimefighters. It's fairly standard in most ways, though the default attribute generation method is a bit unusual, which I'll demonstrate in the chargen details.

With this being an OSR game, first order of business is to generate attribute scores.

The default method is to assign 11 to three attributes (I choose Wisdom, Intelligence, and Dexterity) then 10 to the other three (Strength, Constitution, Charisma). Next, I roll 5d6 and arrange the dice from left to right, highest to lowest (I roll 6, 5, 5, 4, and 2). I add the highest die to the score I want to be the highest (Wisdom, so 11+6 = 17). Then for Intelligence, I take the base of 11, subtract die #1, then add die #2 (or 11-6+5) to get 10. Then for Dexterity, I take the base of 11 again, subtract die #2, then add die #3 (or 11-5+5) to get 11, which is actually higher than the score I wanted to be second highest, but whatever. I go down the line repeating this until I get to the score I am ranking last (Charisma), for which I take the base of 10 and subtract the last die (2) to get 8. Honestly, this method seems convoluted to me, but it's the default, so I used it. In actual play I would probably just use 3d6 arrange, 4d6 drop lowest, etc.

I choose the Legend class since I think it goes well with a character that is wise but average in every other area (since in this game, 8-14 is the average range for atttributes). The Wisdom score being 15+ gives a +5% experience point bonus, but this class does not have a prime requisite -- it starts out somewhat powerful, so it is meant to advance more slowly.

Infamy is generated by rolling 1d6, and I get a 3, but I add 10 due to the class ability.

Stress starts a 0, and the Stress Threshold is 10 (base of 8, with a +2 bonus due to having a Wisdom of 15+)

Hit points are Constitution + Level for all classes, giving my character a 9.

Finally, I roll for starting money, geting $1400 (3d6 X $100).

All other mechanics/stats are predetermined.

Name: Jackson Townsend
Class: Legend
Level: 1

XP: 0
XP Bonus: +5%

Strength 8
Intelligence 10
Wisdom 17 (+1 bonus)
Dexterity 11
Constitution 8
Charisma 8

Hit Points: 9
Defense: 14
Base Hit Bonus: +1
Saving Throw: 12

Infamy: 13
Stress: 0
Stress Threshold: 10
Breaking Point: Refuses to rest

Weapons/Armor Permitted: all armor, any melee, .38 Revolver

Class Abilities:
-- Living Legend: +10 Infamy to start; +1d4 bonus damage to all attacks
-- Brutality: critical hits on 19-20
-- Where Are My Pills?: take +2 extra Stress whenever Stress is taken; if Stress is higher than Constitution, make saving throw; failure causes damage equal to Stress level

Armor: Light
Weapons: .38 Revolver, Sword Cane
Equipment: Investigator Kit, Flashlight, First Aid Kit, Night-Vision Goggles, $300

Backstory: Jackson Townsend is a long-retired 70-something former private investigator. Well, maybe not "long-retired" anymore. He was living the quiet life in Florida when he got the news about his partner's murder, with whom he had opened their little two-man agency nearly half a century ago. The police say it was just a random mugging, wrong-place-wrong-time and all that...but Jackson doesn't buy it. Now he's headed back to the big city to learn the truth about what happened to his colleague, and make them pay. Truthfully, he knows this may be a one-way trip even if a bullet or blade doesn't get him, what with how his health has been lately. But he's going to see this through one way or the other, whatever it costs him.

Sneaking one in before 12am where I live. Stealing a character I never got to play in D&D and remaking her for Savage Worlds...

System :: Savage Worlds
Version :: SWADE

5cf1b0bca19eb1b29d728ea2c66e48d4.jpg

Aribel Nightgale
Race
: Half-Elf
Pace: 6
Parry: 3
Size: 0
Toughness: 3
Power Points: 10

AGILITY d8
SMARTS d8
SPIRIT d6
STRENGTH d4
VIGOR d4

Skills:
Athletics* d6
Common Knowledge* d4
Notice* d6
Persuasion* d6
Stealth* d8
Fighting d4
Gambling d4
Language (Multi) d4
Occult d4
Spellcasting d4
Thievery d6
*Free at d4

Hindrances:
Driven (Minor; determined to acquire arcane knowledge, and will steal and take significant risks to do it)
Greedy (Minor)
Obligation (Minor; works for Ship Kurth and may be called for jobs without a moment's notice)
Outsider (Minor)*
Ruthless (Minor)
*Racial

Edges:
Heritage: Novice Edge of Choice (Arcane Background (Magic))*
Low-Light Vision*
Attractive
Thief
*Racial

Powers:
Detect/Conceal Arcana
Illusion
Sound/Silence

Description:
Aribel is an alluring young half-elven woman with hazel-green eyes and dark, waist long red hair. She has a lithe, athletic figure, standing five and a half feet tall, with a light complexion and a honey gold tan. She tends to wear her auburn hair lose, and is fond of tight fitting dark leather outfits and corsets, with a preference for dark browns, black and burgundy red.

Backstory:
Born to a comely tavern wench who took to a handsome elven traveler, Aribel grew up as an urchin in the streets of Luskan, largely rejected by the people there due to her mixed race heritage. She never knew her father, who was long gone before she was born and likely doesn't know she exists, and her mother died when she was young, so she had to fend for herself in the streets and ports of the crime infested city with limited prospects or resources.

As a child she had aspired to become a wizard—confident that her sharp mind could unravel the mysteries of the arcane arts—but she lacked the funds to pursue such a career. And with her mother dead and no family, she was forced to place her aspirations aside and turn to a life of crime to survive.

She would've reached out to her father, but she didn't know who he was. Her mother had mentioned that he had some sort of dealings with the Arcane Brotherhood, but the mages wouldn't be forthcoming with a halfbreed street girl about their associates. And the man had been apparently traveling under an alias, so she didn't know his real name or how to reach him.

The barkeeper at the One-Eyed Jax (where her mother used to work) took pity on her, so he gave her a place to stay and set her up with folk at Ship Kurth for some "work". There she plied her trade, running errands for the pirates, stealing stuff for them, spying on their rivals and keeping an ear on the streets for any news that might be of interest to them. Her dealings with the pirates also placed her in contact with traders from the Underdark from time, giving her the opportunity to learn the common tongue used by subterranean dwellers.

Her thirst for magic never wavered, however, so she procured as many tomes on arcane theory as she could find (or steal), giving her insight into the magical arts, and setting her on the path to becoming an arcane trickster.

Day 10
System: Brindlewood Bay

I love to see rpgs branching out. Brindlewood Bay starts in the world of cozy mysteries and characters are the sorts of old women who star in such shows/books. It's pbta well shaped to the genre.

Crystal Carter

Style: Hippy Dippy

Vitality 0 Composure 1 Reason 1 Presence 0 Sensitivity 0

Maven Move: Fox Mulder

Cozy Activity: collecting geodes and semi-precious gems

Crystal’s name fits her as she believes in the healing power of crystals. And horoscopes. And traditional medicine. And everything else that has branded itself as beyond the mainstream. Her friends are dismissive but admit she does have good intuition. One her male friends, Deputy Anderson, started asking her opinion on cases. When she really needs help on a decision, she consults the mysterious person or entity which calls itself the Happy Medium.

Day 11 (little early but tomorrow will be busy):

System: The Troubleshooters
Edition: 1

Meet Maddox Burke!
Maddox Burke.jpg
(from here)

(theme song here)

Template: Cosmopolitan Dilettante

Skills:
Agility: 15Engineering: 15Melee: 15Sneak: 15
Alertness: 45Entertainment: 45Prestidigitation: 15Status: 65
Charm: 65Humanities: 15Ranged combat: 45Strength: 15
Contacts: 65Investigation: 15Red tape: 15Subterfuge: 65
Credit: 75Languages: 45Science: 15Survival: 15
Electronics: 15Machinery: 15Search: 15Vehicles: 45
Endurance: 15Medicine: 15Security: 15Willpower: 15

Languages: English (native); French (second); Cantonese; Spanish

Abilities:
Good Reputation: Maddox's reputation precedes him, in a good way. Spend 1 Story Point for an introduction with kind words in a social situation. Spend 2 Story Points for someone's kinds words to give a +2 pips bonus in a social situation. Spend 4 Story Points to get out of trouble, at least momentarily (and not for a serious crime) by having someone vouch for him.
Old Money: Maddox has inherited a great fortune, including a mansion or chateau outside the city with staff, but they won't go on adventures with him. The butler will, though! Spend 1 Story Point to flip a Credit or Status task check. Spend 2 Story Points to have the butler take a hit if present; the butler works like body armour with 4dP protection, but is then out cold for the rest of the adventure.

Complication:
Amourous: Maddox is a shameless flirt. Gain 3 Story Points to be distracted by emotions (take a -2 pips penalty to any task not involving sensual interests). Gain 3 Story Points if romantic interests cause trouble. Gain 6 Story Points if a date or romantic moment prevents him from participating in an important scene.

Vitality: 5

Gear Kits: Dinner Jacket; Sports Car (signature gadget); Wad of Cash; Competition Bow; Disguise Kit

Plot Hooks: Do-Gooder; Exile

Maddox Burke is from old money, but managed to be an embarrassment to his family even by second son standards. His tendency to befriend (or often more) almost anyone, regardless of social class or foreignness without any sense of decorum, was not appreciated. His willingness to bend the law to help those he thought needed help just because he thought it was the right thing to do kept drawing the attention of the authorities and the social elite. The second-to-last straw was when Maddox failed to show for an interview for a potential insurance management position with an old RAF chum of his father's; the last straw was when Maddox was caught in bed with that chum's daughter. Despairing, his family packed him off to the Continent. Maddox was fine with that, since he had many friends abroad, and many more friends and lovers he simply hadn't met yet.

Maddox was in Venice with Marius, a particularly delightful professor of chemistry when agents of the evil organization known as the Octopus burst in and kidnapped the professor. Maddox rounded up some of his more interesting friends to help rescue Marius, and in the process learned more of the Octopus's plans for world domination. Foreseeing a distinct lack of opportunity for fun should the Octopus take over, Maddox decided to stand against the Octopus - when not busy making the world a happier place one romantic partner at a time, of course.

Day 10
System :: Hyperborea!
Version :: 3rd edition
NameBonan the Devoutee of Ullr
ClassRunegraver
RaceKImmerian166'2"180lbs
AlignmentChaotic Good
BackgroundHunter
STR13"+1 Dam"3:6 Test o STR8% feat of STR
DEX112:6 Test o DEX4% feat of DEX
CON865% trauma survival2:6 Test o CON2% feat of CON
INT1150% learn new spell
WIS14"+1 Bonus Cast/Day65% learn new spell
CHA94 Max Henchmen
AC5
HP6
Runes:Enlargement
Favored Weapon:Battle Axe
Languages:Common, Hellenic (kimmerian dialect)
Wealth130gp
EQ
Studded256
Battle Axe101d8/1d10
Drinking Horn0.1
Tinderbox2
Wateskin1

System :: Convergence Point
Version :: 1.9

11) Sarah Tanaka

All this set of characters are based on the "anime" of The Neo Frontiers. The full anime series New frontier is not supposed to focus on any particular character but follows several characters throughout the course of the series. Although each one gets to be a star in one episode some just continue to follow their life. They are all interlinked around the high school "stage" characters. They will be at the level of when they first appear in the "anime".

Name: Sarah Tanaka
Core Trait: Human Smuggler of The Neo Frontiers
Waver/ River Rat, Kaede Relative

Sarah Tanaka is enrolled in Unity High School. She usually even goes to class. There are two things people do not know. She is a cousin to Kaede, thus might be an esper. But the two seldom if ever "hang out" at school or even after. No one makes that connection. Secondly, she is a waver, a river rat specifically. A waver is a person who lives on a boat. These Boat People they took to the waters to get away from flooding land, The War, and Society. They are not highly thought of, as many live in the shady places of society. River Rats, wavers who live along bigger rivers, even less so. So after school she takes a circuitous route looking for anyone following her on her way to her family's boat (one of several in their fleet, in the River Rat community).

Sarah and Sarah's family are active in the Esper underground - The Network, the semi-secret support group that help Espers get away from areas "that are not good for Espers" and establish new identities. Some Zones are still not as friendly to Espers as they legally should be.) In fact, her family brought them her cousin's family when she was a baby.

Espers who are used to be discriminated against are also "notable figures" in certain parts of The Syndicate (Organized Crime). Espers were pushed to the side in some areas many years ago, so they discovered organized crime and that Esper talents make many crimes easier. Her family still has notable contacts with The Syndicate as well. In fact, there is not a lot of money in "railroad" work, but Syndicate work can be lucrative. So the River Rats move goods up and down the River and Coast for The Syndicate.

So no matter how much Kaede dislikes her cousin (they really don't get along), she will do what she can to protect her. So in Ep 8, when Sarah steals some valuable things or when she supplies dark grey market VR Chips, Kaede does not tell anyone and even lies to authorities and her friends. (We think Kaede set up a future ticket for Kathryn... should she need to leave.)

Note: She is the only other Human student who does not use "the student" archetype. She has her life focus in place in both the trait and areas of expressions.

Description: Ethnic Japanese with dark brown hair. Usually, it is clipped back. She is also more sun worn/ wind burned than anyone her age should be.

Write Up Convergence Point

Name: Sarah Tanaka
Core Trait: Human Smuggler of The Neo Frontiers
Waver
Lv 2 /EP Mod 1.1x (1 -.2x+.3x )

PHY 11 +3/7- Long Days
DEX 13 +4/8- Nimble
MEN 10 +3/7- Cunning
EMO 10 +3/7- Not going to break
MPY 12 +4/7- Proto-Esper
CHA 09 +3/7- All Business

Life Focus: CON +GUL +L-ATH +CFT -.2x

CON+2 "Esper Underground", "Esper Syndicate", "River Rats"
GUL+2 "Looking Innocent"
L-ATH+2 "Swimming"
CFT+2 "Ships Crew"

VHL+1 "Watercraft"
STA+1 "Captain's Family"
INF+1 "Crew"
FAM: KNW+0 "The River"
FAM: SCI+0 "Navigation"

Developing /Expanding sets

Captain's Kid STA+1 "Captain's Family", VHL+1 Seacraft, INF+1 "Crew" +.3x

Esper Complex (A0): The player decided to have the genetics, but never be activatable as an Esper.

1) Simone Williamson Synth-zed Student of the Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/#post-389775

2) Kaede Tanaka Esper Student of Neo Frontiers
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/#post-389976

3) Kathryn Puppe Synth - Mekenoid/Ai Assistant of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-2#post-390222

4) Racheal Brown Alpha Student of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-3#post-390574

5) Jill and Jane Human Athletic Students of the Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-3#post-390954

6) Roberto "Mango the Great" Yee Human VR Gamer of the Neo Frontier Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-4#post-391345

7) Dr. (Albert) Williamson Core Trait: Human BioScience Researcher in The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-4#post-391926

8) Josh "Hornet" Williamson, Cpt Retired US/UZ SDF Human Space Marine Pilot of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-5#post-392416

9) Eugene "Kato" Lunan Esper Navigator of the Neo Frontiers
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-6#post-392771

10) Buddy Meken General Purpose Robot of The Neo Frontier Age
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-6#post-393572

11) Sarah Tanaka Human Smuggler of The Neo Frontiers
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-7#post-393922

Character 11
System: Atomic Highway

Name: Kane

Rearing: Trog
Pursuit: Skulk
Apparence: Slim, Bulging Milky Eyes

Physical Mutations: Hypermobile, Night Vision
Flaws: Light Sensitive, Mutie

Muscle: 2
Understanding: 3
Tenacity: 2
Appeal: 2
Nimbleness; 4
Toughness: 2
Senses: 3

Health: 12

Skills

Athletics 4, Brawl 3, Criminal 3, Melee 3, Notice 4, Persuade 1, Shoot 2, Sleight 2, Stealth 4, Tech 1

Gear:
Battery Powered Torch, Basic Plumbing Manual on interactive DVD (Impeccable Condition), Oxygen Cannister and Breathing Mask (Battered but useable), Crowbar Pistol (4L, Short) Basic Lock Picks
Weapons: Light Chain (M+2L), Crossbow with 12 bolts, Knife
Clothing: Trousers, Shoes, Vest, 3 T-Shirt, Coat, Hat

Background: The only member of his Trog enclave to have the courage and curiosity to see the outside world. Kane likes the surfacelands, ripe as they are for the taking, but doesn't trust them or the surface dwellers. He prefers to fight from the shadows, sleeping through the day and going adventuring during night.

System Soaring Lions
Version 2020 PDF

Name: The Velvet Buccaneer

What’s Your Origin: Martial Artist

What Drives You: Fighting Injustice

Signature Move: The Annihilation Lock

Costume: Sleeveless Overalls

The Story So Far: One of the “good guys” the Velvet Buccaneer busted on the scene two years ago and their athletic style immediately made them a fan favorite. The commissioner has promised them a choice of tag team partners this year and the press and fans expect the Velvet Buccaneer to be a force to be reckoned with and a title holder in the future.

Soaring Eagles is a GMless Professional Wrestling RPG.

Oh crap, given the #OGLdebacle I forgot to make a character today, my books are at home, and I'm at work:shock:!

...I'm going to make one from memory:shade:!

Oh crap, given the #OGLdebacle I forgot to make a character today, my books are at home, and I'm at work:shock:!

There’s always Risus, all you need to do is distribute10 points between cliches :wink:

Day 11: Fudge

Today's character, and I believe tomorrow's too, use the VG Fudge Variant. The only thing this variant does is it changes the ladder such that "terrible(-2)" has been removed, and "Very Good(+3)" has been inserted between "Good(+2)" and "Great(+4)". It looks like this:

+5 Super
+4 Great
+3 Very Good
+2 Good
+1 Fair
+0 Mediocre
-1 Poor

For attributes, I stole the attributes from Mini Six. For skills, I just made em up, likely drawing from several games buried in my mind. There was no real "method" to create the character. I merely went with what feels right for the character.

As for the character - I've been reading the first book in the "Wax and Wayne" Mistborn novels lately, and as an exercise have stated Wax up in a number of systems. The Fudge one, below, was my favorite of the bunch. I really don't want to spoil any part of the book for those who might want to read it for themselves, so I'm skipping the background summary. Instead, for those who maybe know of Mistborn but not "Wax and Wayne", I'll say that the setting's timeline has been advanced to resemble the early industrial revolution. It also resembles the American west in many ways. If you take the concept of the old-fashioned western lawman and give him the limited but thematic magical abilities of the Mistborn setting, you've got Wax and his deputy, Wayne.

These books aren't deep waters by any stretch of the imagination, but I find them a lot of fun to read.

Without further ado...

Code:
Name: Waxillium "Wax" Ladrian
Concept: Twinborn Noble-born Lawman

Dazed     Wounded    Incapacitated
 OOO        OO            O

Attributes:
Might            Fair     (+1)
Agility          Good     (+2)
Wits             V. Good  (+3)
Charm            Mediocre (+0)

Skills:
Athletics        Fair     (+1)
Bureaucracy      Mediocre (+0)
Investigation    V. Good  (+3)
Notice           Good     (+2)
Shooting         V. Good  (+3)
Stealth          Fair     (+1)
Survival         Fair     (+1)

Gifts:
Twinborn
-- Allomancy(Steel) [Allows for Pushing against metal when burning steel]
-- Feruchemy(Iron)  [Allows for the storage and retrieval of weight in iron items touching skin]

Faults:
Haunted (Memory of Lessie)

Day 10
System :: OctaNe

The Six-Gun Kid

Role: Pompadoured Speedster

Profile: The smell of spent rubber on hot tarmac. The sound of five-hundred fuckin’ horsepower. You roar down the shattered highways of the desert, collecting pink slips and kicking ass. Dick Dale on the 8-track and cold beer in the trunk is as good as it gets. Fellas who don’t get outta your way take one between the eyes.

Stamping Grounds: Dark desert highways

Quote: “That’s a nice car ya got there bud. I think I’ll take it.”

Mode: Psychotronic

Gear: A suitcase full of hair product; a pearl handled .44; an immaculate midnight-blue 68 Impala; battered cowboy boots; mirror shades; fuzzy dice.

Styles: Daring

Skills: Drag Racin’, ass kickin’, critter shootin’, beer drinkin’, bad assery

There’s always Risus, all you need to do is distribute10 points between cliches :wink:
Oh, there's no dearth of rules in my brain...:grin:

11 January

System: Legends of the Wulin
Mao Yangjian
Race: Xia
Archetype: Warrior

Hardiness: 10 (Specialty: Focus on Breath)
WuWei: 10
Tactics: 10
Confidence: 10 (2 Destiny spent)

External Style: Eight Legends
Internal: Boundless Prosperity Manual
Techs:
1st Basic
2nd: That Technique That Gives +10 to Speed So I Don't Need To Activate The Round-Long In The Initiative Phase
3rd The Removing Wounds Penalties Technique
4th The Round-Long Technique for +15 to Whatever Combat Attributes You Need
5: God-Body Ascendance (It's critical for anyone using that Internal, IMO...I mean, it allows you to roll1 die more for everything - in a system where oou have 7-10 dice and the number is capped)

Loresheets:
3 Points Parents Loresheet
1 Point Wife Loresheet

Done:tongue:!

Note: Yes, I did LotW chargen from memory, something that I don't know if the authors could do. Look at my post and weep! That's accidentally the heaviest system that I know, though also one of the best...:shade:

That said, I might be off by a point or two...but luckily I added more points to the Wife Loresheet, which allows me to lower them and spend them elsewhere. It's usually written as 1+ price and basically means "she's going to be an important part of this".

Day 11
System: OctaNe

Marshall Flagg

Role: Dusty Spirit of Vengeance

Profile: The sound of hooves on hardpan and the jingle of harness in the shadows. The glow of green fire from your eyes when you lose your religion. You can smell their sin and if someone pays you the silver by right of ancient compact you’ll ride right out of a shadow and send their mark to hell. Your face looks like you’ve been buried in the desert for a hundred years, but your hands are as fast as ever.

Stamping Grounds: The high plains and wherever low men are found

Quote: “Hngh. Time to die little man, the silver has been paid.”

Mode: Psychotronic; Grindhouse

Gear: A bionic zombie horse named Stutter; your Grampa's six guns; a bottomless satchel that you fill 30 pieces of silver at a time; an hourglass on a gold chain; all the dust in the desert; quality lip balm

Styles: Might

Skills: Shadow dancing; Ride; Quick Draw; Intimidating Glare; Shootistry

Jan 12

System :: Vac Suits and Duct Tape
Version :: Version 3

Paging Fenris-77 Fenris-77 (I hope the @ works with hyphenated user names). Today's character is some Xenomorph chow for Vac Suits and Duct Tape. I honestly have trouble getting my head around systems like this but on the plus side, character generation is a doddle and I'm feeling lazy today still. So, in the ten seconds or so before he gets his head bit off by some terrifying monster, meet Dweebles!

Callsign: Dweebles
Trade: Xeno Specialist
Background: Fringe Academic
Alien Tech: Warpwall Generator, Gravity Beamer
Drive: To prove to those stuff-shirt jobsworths at the University that I was right all along!
Madness: 2

You ever look at something in a rpg and say "they did not think this through"? Ever run across somthing that it was blatantly obvious hadn't seen any playtesting? Ever wonder what kind of drugs the writer was on?

Dungeons the Dragoning 40k 7e those. Multiples. And the rate increases as you go further through the books. Here, for your enjoyment, is one.

System :: Dungeons the Dragoning 40k 7e
Version :: 1.2

Stats: strength 2, dexterity 2, constitution 3+2=5 (tough), intelligence 3, wisdom 4 (attentive), willpower 2, charisma 1, fellowship 1, composure 3.

Skills: brawling 3+2 (parrying), ballistics 3, animal ken(cmp) 3+1 (guard animals), scrutiny(cmp) 1, perception(wis) 3, tech use(int) 2, craft(int) 3.

Backgrounds: inheritance 3, artifact 3 (see notes), wealth 1 (pocket change).

Race: human, +1 any stat (con), +1 any 2 skills (brawl & animal), +1 hero point.

Exaltation: Promethian. Living construct, fuckton of immunities but no bionic hearts. Refitting, doesn't heal, 1 hour & craft+int to repair 1 point, vs 15 light dmg, 20 heavy dmg, 25 critical dmg, 5x 25 to fix a lost body part. Disquiet: -2k1 on all social interaction with non-exalts (weirdly including intimidation, sense motive, detect lies, et al). Super construction, do not naturally heal, ignore the crit charts, all parts can take 5 crits before they break & come off, only die at 5 crits to the gizzards(heart), body & head loss KO you but are repairable.

Power stat: resource called Pyros, 3x power stat, regen 1/hour. Power 1 = integrated armor, 3+power stat, all class feats & requirements for armor are optional/waived.

Class: ovate (druid track 1, access to healing, transformation, & divination magics)

Xp: 600 starter xp + 200 xp for 2 hinderances. Ugly as sin, -1k0 all socials except intimidate. Ailing, at each game session start check con vs 15 or take -2k0 to all rolls that session (trivial at con 5 & can spend a hero point to reroll). 200 xp inheritance to 5, 4x best quality cybernetic senses (grants keen sense feat). 100 xp keen sense (+2k0 perception with sense). 100 xp druid's oath, don't wear metal armor & try to respect nature for rerolls of warp crap with healing & transmutation magics. 100 xp darksteel paragon asset, 2x integrated armor & max dex 3. 200 xp mixed hetitage (squat/dwarf) & no one tougher squat racial asset, use con for defense instead of dex.

Gear: Heavy Wrench (club), Las Pistol, Knife, Flak Vest, Combi-Tool, Data Slate, Torch, Bag of Random fiddly bits, Robes.

Hp 14, resilience 4, armor 8, static defense 29, dodge 2k2, perception 9k4, speed 4 & run 24, mental defense 20, resolve 5, resource points 3 @ 1/hour, hero points 3.

Fighty: las pistol 3k3, 2k2 energy, pen 0, range 30m, rof 1, 30 ammo, 1 full turn reload. Fist 5k5, 2k1 impact, pen 0, inflicts fatigue.

To Do: The druid track classes all have the keen sense feat as a requirement. 100xp animal companion & L2 oak-knower (wild shape?!), 300xp & L3 druid (half wildshape with bonus), 200xp & L4 archdruid (immune to surprise), 400xp (gotta buy up animal ken to 5) & patriarch which only has the kern sense feat as a required buy so you instantly complete it. At a suggested 500xp per game you're at max level starting the third session, then its 500xp to snag 3 levels of a magic school for instant powaz! Also there's an animal companion minion that, because it's not written right for the minion rules, is complete shit.

Note: That artifact, choose from; darksteel legs (ignore crits to legs ~20% of all crit damage), wraithbone arm (parry spells aimed at you), 3-function rod of might, darksteel cestus for +1k1 dmg & +6 armor penetration on punches (also it's a literally indestructible gauntlet).

There's no story here. Just a robot-person who is quite hard to hurt, amazingly perceptive, and will get very powerful very fast. You just accept you autofail all social checks. If you wanted you could swap con & dex then free up 300xp from the squat stuff & metal asset. Less tough but starts level 2 with wildshape or transmutation magic.

Character 12
System: Scum and Villainy

Name: Balak Gollis
Playbook: Speaker
Looks: Middle Aged Man in designer clothes
Heritage: Imperial (Vocational Guild Education)
Background: Guilder (Guild Welfare Officer)
Vice: Luxury

INSIGHT: 1

Doctor
Hack
Rig: 1
Study

PROWESS: 0

Helm
Scramble
Scrap
Skulk

RESOLVE: 3

Attune
Command: 2
Consort: 2
Sway: 2

Friend: Arryn, a Noble
Enemy: Manda, a Guild Member

Abilities

AIR OF RESPECTABILITY
You get an extra downtime activity to acquire assets or lay low.

HEART TO HEART
When you provide meaningful insight or heartfelt advice that a crewmate follows, you both clear 1 stress.

Background

A guild man all his life, Balak has recently joined a starship to get a wider view of the universe. While his official title is Negotiator, he has found himself unofficially acting as the Ship Counseller. He doesn't really mind this. He's a gentle soul who genuinely cares about the emotional wellbeing of others. His main eccentricity is his mode of dress, which doesn't fit the proletariat chic of most well off guilders. Instead he wears the latest of Imperial fashions. He easily justifies this, pointing out that he wants everyone to live a fine life rather than taking anything off someone.

Day 11

System: Flashing Blades
Publisher: Fantasy Games Unlimited

System Notes: This a repeat for me from past years, but I haven't had time to finish some of the other characters I'm working on at the moment. I'm also probably not going to do the detailed chargen anymore and instead simply present the characters as-is (especially since I have some more complex ones coming up). Anyway, chargen in FB is fairly straightforward, with rolling 3d6 for the attributes and then making a few more rolls for things like height, build, income, and so on.

Name: Sebastian Lavigne/Marie Morvan
Class: Rogue

Strength: 11
Dexterity: 12
Endurance: 9
Wit: 12
Charm: 13
Luck: 14

Height: Short
Build: Thin
Hit Points: 10
Encumbrance: 10
Social Rank: 2

Skills: Cut Purse, Disguise, Fine Manipulation, Forgery, Gambling, Literacy, Stealth

Martial Training: Fencing School (French Style; +1 with Rapiers); School of Hard Knocks
Expertise: Rapier 13 (Experienced), Main Gauche 12 (Experienced), Brawling 10 (Intermediate)

Advantage: Favor (from Oliver Chelac, Master Thief)
Secret: Secret Identity

Yearly Allowance: 150L
Money: 30L
Equipment: Rapier, Main Gauche, Makeup and Wigs, Watchmaker's Tools, Fine Clothes, Cloak, Boots, Month's worth of Living Expenses (6L)

Backstory: Paris knows him as Sebastian Lavigne, but her real name is Marie Morvan, a rogue who grew up as an orphan in the back alleys and more disreputable neighborhoods of the city. When her parents died, she was taken in by their former criminal associates. Morvan finds it easier in many situations to dress and act as a man, and has become quite skilled at it over time, with only her closest friends and companions knowing the truth. Another who knows her secret is the master thief Oliver Chelac, for whom her parents occasionally worked. In gratitude for their service, he has granted her one favor -- anything in his power to do, no questions asked -- to be called in whenever she needs it.

Last edited:
Day 11
System :: Against the Darkmaster
Version :: 1st edition

NameUdd the Sailor
KinHigh Man
Height
Weight
CultureSeafairing
VocationWarrior
Brawn30
Swiftness0
Fortitude20
Wits-10
Wisdom0
Bearing35
Total HP100
Max HP160
Magic Points1
Toughness SR30
Willpower SR5
Background Points4
Wealth Level1
SkillCulture RanksStat for BonusWarrior RanksWarrior/Culture Flat BonusSkill %
Armor1215
Blades23022070
Ranged1012030
Brawl13022065
Athletics23021060
Nature105
Wandering302530
Acrobatics105
Perception10215
Charisma1351555
Cultures3-105
Songs & tales33550
Body12021550
Backgrounds
Loyal Companion(Major)Wolverine?
Battle Hardened(Minor)+15/10 to HP/MaxHP
Move Rate15
Defense0
Equipment
Falchion
Lamellar Armor
rope and grappling hook
Traveling clothes
belt w/scabbard
pouch
rucksack
PassionLife's a never ending wheel

Day 12: Fudge

Yesterday, I did Wax from the Wax and Wayne books. Today is, predictably, Wayne. If Wax's main focus is investigation and shooting, then Wayne is thieving (yes, as a deputy - see his faults) and melee.

Code:
Name: Wayne
Concept: Twinborn Deputy

Dazed     Wounded    Incapacitated
 OOO        OO            O

Attributes:
Might            Good     (+2)
Agility          Good     (+2)
Wits             Good     (+2)
Charm            Mediocre (+0)

Skills:
Athletics        Fair     (+1)
Disguise         Good     (+2)
Larceny          V. Good  (+3)
Melee            V. Good  (+3)
Stealth          Fair     (+1)
Survival         Fair     (+1)

Gifts:
Dueling canes - Wayne combines his allomantic gift with a pair of dueling canes to dominate in melee, even in gunfights.
Twinborn
-- Allomancy(Bendalloy) [Allows for the speeding of time when burning bendalloy]
-- Feruchemy(Gold)      [Allows for the storage and retrieval of health in gold items touching skin]

Faults:
Sticky fingers - Wayne has a way of taking whatever he wants, but will always leave something of dubious value in its place as a "trade"
Shady past - Accidentally killed a guy once. Wax got him off, but Wayne won't touch a gun now.

System White Lies
Version 2015 PDF

Cal Corbett

Strength 9
Intelligence 7 (-1)
Wisdom 9
Constitution 11
Dexterity 8
Charisma 12

Class Eliminator
Class Skills
Trained in the use of all weapons and have no restrictions on the types of armor they may wear
+1 to action checks related to demolitions or strategy & tactics.
One extra attack per round. Additionally against foes 1 hit die or lower he gets a number of attacks equal to his level, against foes with more than 1 hit die he still gets the one extra attack afforded by his class.

Hit Points 7 (1+1)
Armor Class 10
Saving Throw 14 (+2 vs stun or poison)
Languages English
Base to Hit Bonus 0

Equipment
Semi Auto Pistol
Spare Ammo
Operative Kit
One additional Equipment Kit (will pick when assigned mission)
$170

Cal is a blunt instrument, not very smart but good at breaking things. He was assigned as outer perimeter security for a mission that got out of control and managed to save the day when he took out a fleeing terrorist with remote detonator. He was promoted to work with the teams because of this but his team leader understands Cal's limitations.

White Lies is based on Swords & Wizardry and looks to be a neat little modern day espionage game with a surprising amount of support for a game that is currently free on DrivethruRPG.

Day 12) "Uncle" Sterling Tanaka - Kaede's Uncle -

All this set of characters are based on the "anime" of The Neo Frontiers. The full anime series Neo Frontiers is not supposed to focus on any particular character but follows several characters throughout the course of the series. Although each one gets to be a star in one episode some just continue to follow their life. They are all interlinked around the high school "stage" characters. They will be at the level of when they first appear in the "anime".

Name: Uncle Sterling Tanaka
Core Trait: Esper Third One of the Neo Frontiers
Esper (Theta) and Syndicate - Kaede's Uncle

My father had "hunches". That is how it started. All his children would be called Espers. Back when that was not a common term. The terms Freak, Mutant, and Monster, were more common. Me and my siblings possessed Esper Abilities (They called them psionic abilities back then). We all used them to our advantage to varying degrees. This was all back before The War. Unfortunately, all of us were outed over the years.

The War was not a good time for us, Esper or not. There was not a lot to eat. There was not enough energy. There was a lot of "trading" for goods and services. That is when I "fell in". You know. Not much at first, but I was a slick little soldier. Grey Market or Black Market, it made no difference. We provided goods and services that The Government could not. We "smuggled things" in, that The Government could not. Not that THAT Government would survive for much longer.

My job, for much of that time, was to help facilitate people meeting so they could make deals. Well, I also did sniffing (telepathy to spot undercovers).

I also fell in with some other Espers; some with what The Media calls "The Syndicate" and some that were not. Back then, we thought this new publicity, that "we were acknowledged", would not last. Eventually, the Nulls (non-espers) would get scared and stop shooting each other and start shooting us. I helped connect people who could smuggle people (and things) and forge IDs with people who could help shuttle Espers in need.

The Other Espers I knew thought this new network was too idealistic. We thought about making an Esper Militia. That idea mostly fell through. Still, there were enough veterans around to make us feel safer. The War ended, though people were still shooting at people in other places.

Then The Event Happened. Don't kid yourself, the Government was hip deep in it. That Esper Kid was experimented on and made into a "thing of monster movies". They just could not control what they made.

So it was a dark time after that for a while. "The good olde bad days" to use the song phrase. People didn't call us freaks or monsters, but they whispered rumors and stared. They made sure we were separate. Espers kept their status secret when they could. Outed Espers found themselves out of jobs, out of leases, and out of luck. Oh none of it was overt - not until the Tokyo Measures were passed - and even then. Most of it was just people being scared or judgemental.

While The Real Syndicate was consolidating and forming up, those of us near the middle kept things going. We also made sure that Espers were being smuggled (for a price... but we kept it reasonable... as a public service). Hid them. Moved them. Got them new IDs. The Network formed up. We helped them and they helped us.

I even got my younger brother, his wife, and their baby girl, out of The Capital and into this nice town not too far away. With a new identity that they needed for a while.

The Reforms happened. Then the apologies. Then the civil rights acts. Espers thought it would be the end of it all. No not really. But, the worst was over. The Network hibernated for the most part. We kept it going just enough not to die. The Syndicate went back to making money. In a lot of ways.

I moved up the ladder. I wasn't just an Esper. I was smart. I hustled. I planned my crew's actions. Then I got other crews. I am well placed in the organization now.

Still, I keep my ears open. I find groups that would use Espers. I would feed them to the UZ. I find groups of Espers planning things. Sometimes I help; and sometimes I step back. If the Nulls were not more scared of Synths than Espers, we could be back to "the good olde bad days". I am prepared to do what needs to be done for my Business ventures and Espers.

Name: Sterling Tanaka -
Core Trait: Esper Third One of the Neo Frontiers
Esper (Theta) and Syndicate - Kaede's Uncle
Lv 5 /EP Mod 2.15x (1.25 -0 +.9 currently)

PHY 11 +3/7- "Looks good for his age"
DEX 11 +3/7- "Graceful"
MEN 13 +4/8- "Cunning"
EMO 14 +4/8- "Calm Demeanor"
MPY 18 +6/10- "Tanaka Blood"
CHA 15 +5/9- "Cooler than you will ever be"

Life Focus: ESP +DEC +CON +INF
ESP+5 "Basics", "Improved Basics", "Mind Potential", "Telepathy," "Probe", "Scan", "Thrust"
Deception+6 "Silent Moving" "Lurking in Shadows"
Contacts+5 Syndicate (Esper), Esper Community, River Rat/ Wavers Community
INF+5 Syndicate (Esper) +2 L-INF, "Esper Community"

L-STA+3 "Syndicate"
COM+2 "Handguns" "Rifles"

One free trait.

DF: White hair with black streaks (B1)

Monitored by OGA (B2) A silent leader of the Esper Community, a high ranking member of the (Esper) Syndicate, possible connections to various "organizations".

Social: Loyalty to Esper Community (B2)

Dark Network Training (COM+2 "Handguns" "Rifles" DEC+1 "Silent Moving") +.35x

Syndicate Status (L-STA+3 "Syndicate", L-INF+2 "Syndicate") +.3x

Strong Esper Blood (MPY+2) +.2x

Tanaka Esper Line L-ESP+2 (Power Level)- Requires a Will DR and fatigue (-2) (physical pushing is a Tanaka trait) +.05x
Note: Kaede is exceptional even for a Tanaka. This is the trait everyone, including Kaede's parents, have.

Note: He has the most stylish and coolest sunglasses. They grant a trait of "stylish cool" for +2 for appropriate social rolls. They are also "ballistic grade".

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/#post-389775

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/#post-389976

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-2#post-390222

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-3#post-390574

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-3#post-390954

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-4#post-391345

7) Dr. (Albert) Williamson Core Trait: Human BioScience Researcher in The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-4#post-391926

8) Josh "Hornet" Williamson, Cpt Retired US/UZ SDF Human Space Marine Pilot of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-5#post-392416

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-6#post-392771

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-6#post-393572

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-7#post-393922

12) Uncle Sterling Tanaka Esper Third One of the Neo Frontier
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-7#post-394625

Day 5

System :: Cold Iron
Version :: 2022 Blackmarsh Adventures

This is a re-working of a GMPC from circa 1985, down leveled from the sheets I have (from level 12 to level 6) and done up under my current rules as opposed to the rules of the time. This character shows an example of a character with so-so STR and piss poor CON but an awesome DEX. The magic items have also been toned down (I should add some potions and charged items, but that campaign wound up introducing a ton of AD&D magic items, the character sheet has an intelligent +5 Defender Spear, Ring of Potion Storing (REALLY NICE in Cold Iron...), Figurines of Wondrous Power, Bag of Holding, Flying Carpet, and more.

This character survived early play by being a 2nd rank fighter, an awesome dodge, surely a dose of GM favoritism (yea, I was that kind of GM, well not as awful as some but still I regret how I ran things back then), some fudging (everyone "benefited", but more regrettable GMing), and an occasional deus ex machina (yet more regrettable GMing - I guess I was a horrible GM back then...).

Jan 13

System :: Basic Fantasy
Version :: 3rd edition, release 107

OK folks, today is time for Basic Fantasy, which is essentially a free version of old-school D&D with the serial numbers filed off. It seems
like a good system and one worth another look, but once again random chargen has saddled me with shit rolls and a character I don't actually
want to play. Difficult to get invested in a backstory or such for a potato you're secretly hoping will get killed quickly so that you can
roll up someone new and hopefully less potateous. Still, chargen was simple and logical.

Code:
Biff, human fighter

STR:    14  +1                HP:     4
INT:     9   0                AC:    17
WIS:     7  -1      Attack Bonus:    +1
DEX:    13  +1             Level:     1
CON:    12   0                XP:     0/2000
CHA:     8  -1                GP:     43

Saving throws    Death Ray/Poison: 12
                            Wands: 13
                        Paralysis: 14
                    Dragon Breath: 15
                           Spells: 17

Equipment

Battle Axe      (1d8)                 One-man tent
Chainmail       (AC 15)               Rations x 2 weeks
Shield          (AC +1)               Oil Flask
Backpack                              Winter Blanket
Torches x 6                           Waterskin

Biff is a simple kid from town, strong and fit but not all too bright.
He's hoping to go on adventures to win renown and riches and
eventually return to his home town a famous hero.

I'm...torn. Should I make a character for "On That Other World", or for H+I?

On one hand, I'm probably the only one who can read OTOW. On the other, the author has promised to join my H+I one-shot and would probably appreciate me making his character...:grin:

Ah, screw it, I'm making a H+I character and would make an OTOW one on Sunday:thumbsup:!

Lets continue our saga of "didn't get play tested" in DtD.

System :: Dungeons th Dragoning 40k 7e
Version :: 1.2

Stats: str 2, dex 5 (acrobatic crap), con 3, int 2, wis 3, will 2, cha 2, fel 2, cmp 3.

Skills: ballistics 6 (syrnth, full-auto), stealth 3 (syrnth), acrobatics 2, scrutiny 3, @1s acadrmic lore, common lore, forbidden lore, medic, command, animal ken

Backgrounds: inheritance 3 (best cortex implant, +1 int, -5 target number all lore checks), artifact 3 (mithril s-gun, wraithbone s-gun ammo clip), contacts 1 (assassin guild rep)

Race: assimar, size 5 (250ish cm tall), +1 dex, +1 ballistics, +1 command, bonus feats jaded & fearless (immune all fear & pinning, wis or will [i forget which) 15 to break off fighting)

Exaltation: atlantean, important bits are 3 skils can go to 6 & get free syrnth specialties (reroll 1s), roll twice & choose for warpy crap, free magic school (divination)

Power stat: resource int+cha+wx pow, regen with free action roll on warpy crap table at +0

Class: hunter (level 1 sniper class track) gets gun katas & weapon focus feat at first level, gets ignore range penalties at 2nd level.

Xps: 600xp & 2 hinderances, all thumbs (2x cost buying tech & craft skills + -1k0 using them), law of the stars (code of honor - rp only), 200xp buys ballistics to 5, 100xp veteran buys +1 dex & +1 ballisics & an enemy, 200xp buys weapon proficency & focus in our gun, 200 xp buys gun kata clay pigeon 1, 100xp for 2 gun kata style points.

Gear: Knife, Magnoculars, Voidsuit,
Autogun, Charm, Sunglasses,
Classy clothes. Artifact custom gun (book 2 rules) mithril, syrnth, heavy cannon, accurate, low ammo x2 = 2-hander but don't have to brace it, 3k3 rending dmg, 4 armor penetration, 60m range, single shot, 1 ammo, 2 full turns reload, rarity - common. Artifact wraithbone gun ammo, ignores armor, damage reduced by aura, aura reduced by gun's penetration, rarity - very common.

Hp 10, resilience 4, armor 0, defense 24, dodge 7k4 (90% +12 defense & 50% +18 defense), speed 7 & run 42, mental defense 20, resolve 5, mental/social parry uses scrutiny 6k3 (90% +9 & 50% +12), resource points 6, hero points 2.

Gun kata trick shots: using any gun that isn't a flamer or has a blast radius, on a standard or called shot, the attack does not consume ammo.

Half action aim & half action standard shot = 10k6 reroll 1s, for 3k3 rending dmg, resisted by aura, ignores armor, pen 4, accurate trait adds +1k1 damage per 10 points you roll over the target's defense. 88% 40+, 51% 52+, most stuff has mid-high teens defense.

It gets worse. 300 xp to level 2, 300 xp power & divination magic to 2s, cast the Luck spell at 8k3 (next up 300xp for wis 4 & ip that to 9k4) to throw more dice on your attack rolls. Throw 10k8 rr1 (50% 61+) for your shots.

Character 13
System: Tales from the Floating Vagabond

Name: Rupert Hillingham
Concept: Fop

Strength: 3
Nimbleness: 5
Aim: 2
Smarts: 2
Common Sense: 1
Cool: 3
Luck: 4

Oops Points; 13

SkillStatLevelScoreNotes
DodgeNimbHack (+2)8
Swing Nasty Pointy Thing with PanacheNimbDabbler (+1)63 attacks, but no strength damage bonus
AcrobaticsNimbDabbler (+1)6+1 to Dodge
JumpNimbDabbler (+1)6
Power DrinkingStrDabbler (+1)4
GambleCool + Luck /2Dabbler (+1)5
Look Good at All TimesCoolDabbler (+1)4
Make Wiseass RemarkCoolDabbler (+1)4
SeduceCoolHack (+2)5

Schtick: The Flynn Effect.

There will always be a convienent chandelier, rope, vine or curtain etc. for the character to swing off. As a minor effect, the character may never take the easy way into or out of a situation. If there is a door and a stained glass window, he will always come through the window.

Equipment: 250 bucks, Fencing Sword (Nasty Pointy Thing)

Background: The youngest son of a minor aristocratic family, Rupert has never had anything of worth to do with his life. And he has taken to doing nothing of worth with enthusiasm, duelling, drinking and wenching (not necessarily in that order). He is a dabbler, who knows lots of skills but few at anything other than the most basic levels. He has just walked through the door to his local wine bar to find himself in the Floating Vagabond. Once the initial shock wears off he is likely to adjust quickly. Ooo, that cavewoman is quite cute. As is that green skinned babe. What drinks do you serve here, Barman if you please?

I skipped this yesterday and it's late, so Ima go with Savage Worlds again, since it's quick and I'm liking making characters for this game...

System :: Savage Worlds
Version :: SWADE

f900bd5e12ab58a85aac1a3a88cf0934.jpg

Linnelia Greenclaw
Race: Elf
Pace: 6
Parry: 4
Size: 0
Toughness: 4

AGILITY d8
SMARTS d6
SPIRIT d8
STRENGTH d6
VIGOR d4

Skills:
Athletics* d6
Common Knowledge* d4
Notice* d6
Persuasion* d4
Stealth* d8
Fighting d6
Language (Multi) d4
Shooting d6
Survival d8
*Free at d4

Hindrances:
All Thumbs*
Death Wish (Minor)
Obligation (Minor; Serves as part of the Elf King's army)
Vengeful (Minor; Won't stop till those who killed her family are dead)
Vow (Minor; Defend the forest from all threats)
*Racial

Edges:
Low-Light Vision*
Beast Master
Woodsman
*Racial

Gear:
Bow (2d6 DMG)
Leather Jacket (+2 Armor)
Short Sword (Str+1d6 DMG)

Companion:
Winter (Wolf; white fur)

Background:
Linnellia's family was killed by a tribe of werebears that invaded her land while she was out hunting boar. She enlisted with the Elf King's army to help hunt down the tribe, and her aid was instrumental in tracking them down and eventually driving them out. But the war leader who killed her parents survived. Now Linnellia travels the land hoping to find his trail, so she can hunt him down and make him pay for his crimes.

Day 12
System :: Classified
Version :: 1st edition
NameJack BlondeCPRP
RankRookie300
GenderMale1
Height"5'11"'200
Weight200lbs5
Age28-618
Journalist3 yrs
Fields of ExperienceComputers
Political Science
Economics
STR1050
DEX720
WIL1160
PER830
INT830
Reputation43
AppearanceAttractive1220
SkillsRank
Local Customs314
Stealth314
Interrogation314
Charisma518
Law314
Hand to Hand Combat314
Abilities
connoisseur
First Aid
English
Mountaineering
Weaknesses
Claustrophobia-5
carry cap150lbs
Run/Swim40 mins
HTH Damage RankB
Speed1
Stamina11hrs

Day 12:

System: Star Trek Adventures
Version: Modiphius 2d20

I know some may not care for the system, but I love me a lifepath!

Step one: Species

I'm going to go as random as possible, so to start, the Alpha and Beta Quadrant have slightly different random tables for species. 1-10 is Alpha, 11-20 is Beta. d20=11, so Beta Quadrant. Species is (1d20=5) Betazoid. All Attributes start at 7. Betazoids get +1 to Insight, Presence, and Reason. Characters get one Talent at this stage, so I'll pick the Betazoid Talent of Telepathy.

Step two: Environment

I grew up (1d6=5) on a starship or starbase. I can increase Control or Insight by 1; Control hasn't increased yet so I'll bring that up to 8. I choose one Discipline to increase from 1 to 2, either Command, Conn, or Engineering; I'll go with Command. I pick a Value, a short descriptive phrase; the character seems to be trying to be everything, so I'll go with "I can do it all."

Step three: Upbringing

This will give me +2 to one Attribute and +1 to another, +1 to a Discipline, a Focus, and a Talent.

I was raised (1d6=5) in an Artistic and Creative setting. My character rebelled against this I decide, so I get +1 Daring and +2 Fitness. I'll put my Discipline increase into Command rather than Science or Engineering. For a Focus I'll go with Lead By Example (an example Focus from the Command Division book) because it sounds like it should be widely applicable. For the Talent I'll pick Mean Right Hook, which makes my unarmed attacks Vicious (extra damage).

Step four: Starfleet Academy

This will give me +3 to Attributes, +4 to Disciplines (+2/+1/+1), three Focuses, a Talent, and a Value.

I'm on the (1d6=3) operations track, which is either engineering or security. I have no experience with engineering so far, so it's security! My Value here is "Not paranoid, just observant." I'll add +1 to each of Daring, Fitness, and Insight. Security is my major, so it goes up by +2, and I choose as my minors (+1 each) Medicine and Conn. I have Security 3 and Conn 2 now, so I'll take Lead Investigator (from the Operations Division supplement) as my Talent. For Focuses, I'll take Hand Phasers, Interrogation, and Infiltration.

Step five: Career

I choose either Young, Experienced (default), or Veteran Officer. I'll go with Experienced, which gives me one Value and one Talent. For Talent I'll take Criminal Minds, which helps with investigations, and I'll say the Value is "No truth can hide from me."

Step six: Career Events

Two random events, each of which gives +1 to an Attribute and +1 to a Discipline, a Focus, and a final Value.

(1d20=8) Conflict with a hostile culture: +1 Fitness, +1 Security; Focus is Hand-to-Hand Combat.
(1d20=9) Mentored: +1 to any Attribute, so I'll take Control, which is relevant for finesse actions, and +1 Conn; Focus is Empathy. For the Value I'll take "Anything is fair to protect my crew."

Step seven: Finishing Touches

I get one more Value, +1 to any two Attributes (only one at 12, all others 11-), +1 to any two Disciplines (only one at 5, all others 4-). I bring up my Control and Presence, and Science (which was tied with Engineering for lowest Discipline) and Security (to get it to 5).

Meet Chief of Security Lieutenant Xani Dutrax!

Dutrax.jpg
(image source)

Species: Betazoid
Environment: Starship/Starbase
Upbringing: Artistic/Creative

Attribtutes: Control 10; Daring 9; Fitness 11; Insight 9; Presence 9; Reason 8
Disciplines: Command 3; Conn 3; Security 5; Engineering 1; Science 2; Medicine 2
Stress: 16
Damage Bonus: 5

Focuses:
Empathy
Hand Phasers
Hand-To-Hand Combat
Infiltration
Interrogation
Lead By Example

Values:
I can do it all.
Not paranoid, just observant.
No truth can hide from me.
Anything is fair to protect my crew.

Talents:
Telepath (just what it sounds like)
Lead Investigator (extra bonuses when succeeding on a check to investigate a crime)
Mean Right Hook (extra hand-to-hand damage)
Criminal Minds (bonus information when interpreting information about a suspect)

Xani Dutrax was born on Starbase 23, on the edge of the Romulan Neutral Zone. Although his parents tried to give him an enriching childhood, his naturally strong telepathy left him all too aware of the constant alertness and tension felt by the Starbase staff. He threw himself into making himself as prepared as possible for any eventuality, trying to train his body and mind to react to any danger. As soon as he was old enough, he enlisted in Starfleet to further his training.

After graduating from Starfleet Academy, he was assigned to Starbase 123 on the edge of the Shackleton Expanse. There he discovered a Romulan infiltration team disguised as a Tellarite science delegation. They refused to be taken alive, and Dutrax was injured in the conflict. However, he caught the eye of Lieutenant Commander Talla Shran, the Andorian security chief for the USS Surok, a Galaxy-class starship docked at the starbase before beginning an exploration mission into the Expanse. Lt. Commander Shran arranged for Dutrax to be reassigned to the Surok and took him under her wing, teaching him to be the most effective security officer he could be. Dutrax's strong drive to protect his ship's crew kept him at the front of the action and led to rapid promotion.

After the USS Surok completed its exploratory mission, Lt. Dutrax reluctantly agreed to a transfer, becoming the chief of security on board the USS Valiant, a Defiance-class starship patrolling the Gamma Quadrant following the end of the Dominion War. He has quickly grown to appreciate his crew and respect his captain, and his combination of investigative intuition, combat skill, and telepathy make him a valuable officer on board the ship and on away missions.

Day 13 Mr (Deming) Chen
Yes, he did not have a first name in the anime, so I gave him one. Purists can just ignore this.

All this set of characters are based on the "anime" of The Neo Frontiers. The full anime series New frontier is not supposed to focus on any particular character but follows several characters throughout the course of the series. Although each one gets to be a star in one episode some just continue to follow their life. They are all interlinked around the high school "stage" characters. They will be at the level of when they first appear in the "anime".

Name: Mr (Deming) Chen
Core Trait: Human Teacher of The Neo Frontiers Era
Veteran Augment/Bionic

"My personal history is not very exciting. I was in college. I was a reservist brought up for the national army. We were asked to change over, I did. I was part of the UZ DF and saw hot action. I had my Arm ripped off by a slug. It was replaced. (taps the metal right arm). I went back to action. Eventually, I mustered out and finished my teaching credentials. I was hired here. I started harassing students the next week. A few years later, here I am... harassing all of you. Now. Pencils Down. Turn in the Pop Quizes and I will see you next session."

It was all true. What I didn't say was the chest full of metals I had earned in the US Defense Force. They said I was a hero. I was just getting the job done. We were doing the final push. Then I got hit bad. They gave me one of the new and good bionic prosthetic treatments. A few weeks later, I was back with my unit. We spearheaded the last leg of The Push. We stayed around to ensure some stability. When I thought it was done, I mustered out and went back to college.

Name: Mr (Deming) Chen
Core Trait: Human Teacher of The Neo Frontiers Era
Veteran Augment/Bionic
Lv 4 (3 as Soldier, 1 as Teacher)/ EP Mod 1.55x (1.1 -.3x +.2 +.55)

PHY 12 +4/8-
DEX 14 +4/8-
MEN 14 +4/8-
EMO 12 +4/8-
MPY 9 +3/7- "Soldier's Luck"
CHA 11 +3/7- "Seems Serious, but is actually funny"

Life Focus: KNW+CMU+EDU -.3x

Bionics (Control Level is 13 (the Max before taking stress) is 9+4) +.2x
2 Full Spinal Anchor
1 Bionic Arm Level 2 (Old School Military Metal)
1 Chip Box (4 slots) (He uses these for Smart Chips to be more educated on subjects)

KNW+1 "Social Sciences"
CMU+4 "Inspire"
EDU+1 "High Schoolers"

COM+6 "Military Weapons", "Rifle", "Sniping", "on the Charge", "H2H"
Athletic+4 "Fitness", "Never Quit", "Shlepping the Ruck"
VHL+1 "Military Vehicles"
CON+1 Old Buddies
STA+1 "Hero of Eastern Push"

Military Training COM+1 "Military Weapons" ATH+1 "Fitness" +.1x (.3x Adjusted)
Advanced Military Training FAM-0 Augement Suit, COM+1 "Sniping" VHL+1 "Military Vehicles". +.1x (.3x Adjusted)
Veteran COM+1 CON+1 Old Buddies +.25x
Hero of "The Eastern Push" STA+1 "Hero of" +.1x
Previous Lifepath COM+3 "Rifle" Hand to Hand" ATH+3 "Never Quit"

Most Veterans didn't change archetypes or never became the soldier archetype. Chen managed to achieve 3rd level as a soldier and changed his life when he mustered out and leveled.

12) Uncle Sterling Tanaka Esper Third One of the Neo Frontier
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-7#post-394625

13) Mr (Deming) Chen Human Teacher of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-7#post-395213

System Gangbusters
Version 1E

Slammer Malone 23 year old Irish Palooka
6'4", 230 lbs

best-boxing-movies-header.jpg

Muscle 95
Agility 52
Observation 30
Presence 6
Driving 41
Luck 33
Hit Points 20
Punching Score 5

I forgot how close TSR Gangbusters is to Boot Hill until I pulled the box out to make this character. It is a shame it isn't available anymore as it is a really neat game. I smiled when I read how to do some of the attributes:
"To get your character's Luck score, roll percentile dice. Divide the result by two. If there is any remainder, add it to the result."

Anyhow if you come across the original Gangbusters for a good price it is worth a look.

Day 13: Zaibatsu

On paper, she's an administrative assistant at Haruna Biolabs. But noone at that company has ever seen or met her, and her HR file is coded strictly hands-off. In truth, she works directly for the powers that be at Matsuyama, though it is unlikely she will ever directly meet them. She'd earned a reputation in the criminal underworld for her skills at petty theft. While surely exagerated, the rumor was that she can infiltrate any site and obtain any objective. The reputation alone made her worthy of recruitment.

Now Matsuyama has made a significant investment in her, and they are eager to see that investment returned. Oshima, a rival conglomerate, has a subsidiary that is rumored to have designs that will revolutionize spacecraft propulsion systems. Matsuyama very much wants these designs for its own Lockhart Aerospace. Just the sort of job for a master thief.

Code:
Yuria (Ninja)    7B7A96    Age 25     Rank 1 Agent
Gun Combat 1, Recon 1, Security 1, Urban Survival 1
Cat's-Eyes(night vision), Flexibility(+3 climb; climb into tiny spaces), Inner-Ear(superior balance and coordination)
Y2,200
Auto Pistol, Cardlock Decryptor, Earpiece Covert Radio, M3 Stun grenade

Motivation: Wealth
Appearance: 
* shoulder-length, dark hair with purple highlights
* sharp, heart-shaped face
* dresses in street sportswear (daytime wear) or a black leather catsuit (on the job)

Zaibatsu is the system. It's one of Zozer Game's Cepheus Engine derived games. I love its character creation because you roll attributes, pick a street-samurai archetype, pick 3-4 skills (the archetype automatically comes with 1 skill), pick what the game calls "retro-genics" (talents) and you're off. The whole process takes maybe 2-3 minutes. The game encourages you to not overthink the characters because they're unlikely to survive.

S sharps54 did you delete that post:shock:?

Also, I'm doing H+I characters today. I have to play catch-up for yesterday, admittedly...but that's fine, I do need at least two anyway. More like four:shade:.

Of course, I'm going to use them for my players tomorrow:thumbsup:.

OTOH, after I finish posting the ones I made, I'm going to post a character from On That Other World RPG...the one with the 30 copies print run:devil:!

S sharps54 did you delete that post:shock:?

Also, I'm doing H+I characters today. I have to play catch-up for yesterday, admittedly...but that's fine, I do need at least two anyway. More like four:shade:.

Of course, I'm going to use them for my players tomorrow:thumbsup:.

OTOH, after I finish posting the ones I made, I'm going to post a character from On That Other World RPG...the one with the 30 copies print run:devil:!
I did , sorry I wasn’t sure you saw it and it wasn’t my place to enforce the formatting of the posts so I deleted it as I was overstepping. I truly wasn’t sure of the system so the post was at least 50% in good faith

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back