Language (Multi) d4
Perform d6
Shooting d4
Spellcasting d4
Taunt d6
*Free at d4

Hindrances:
Death Wise (Minor)
Driven (Minor; Wants to make a name for herself to get out from under her famous parent's shadow)
Heroic (Major)

Edges:
Adaptable (Free Edge: Command)*
Provoke
Arcane Background (Magic)
*Racial

Powers:
Boost/Lower Trait
Confusion
Healing

Gear:
Axe, Hand
Leather Jacket
Leather Leggings

Background:
Edain Wolfblade grew up in the Westlands among the barbarian tribes. She is the daughter of a Maeve Orc Splitter, Chieftess of the Wolfblade Clan, and the Dragon Slayer Keith Draqbane. As a young girl she grew up hearing songs of her parent's exploits, and learned the trade of the Skalds, but she was always under her parent's shadow. She had talent, but no deeds to back them up, so everyone around her looked at her as the daughter of famous parents, living off her parent's glory. So as she came of age she set off from the Westlands to travel the world and visit distant lands in search of adventure, desperate to make a name for herself. She vowed never to return to her homeland until her deeds could match those of her parents, and the Skalds could sing songs of her legend.

I did , sorry I wasn’t sure you saw it and it wasn’t my place to enforce the formatting of the posts so I deleted it as I was overstepping. I truly wasn’t sure of the system so the post was at least 50% in good faith
Nah, no skin off my nose, no need to apologize (at least to me)...I was just trying to follow the link back to the post to see if it contained anything more than the one word that was quoted:thumbsup:!

Jan 14

System :: The Artifact
Version :: 3rd Edition

Today's entry is The Artifact, another freebie homebrew system. It's clearly a labour of love that's had a lot of time and effort put into it. My initial impressions are that it's a credible high-crunch science fiction game unfortunately let down by numerous spelling and grammar errors in the text and some very amateurish illustrations. The setting is an immense artificial planet inhabited by all sorts of human and alien groups. It's a bit like the fun parts of Synnibarr, if Raven McCracken had taken more physics classes and less acid.

Anyway, to chargen! We start off rolling for ten attributes, described on page 7 (I love the picture of an androgynous armoured person standing on a flaming plain, dual-wielding spinal columns). You've got the option of rolling and then picking which rolls go with which attribute in case you already have a character class in mind, so I'll go with that.

I rolled up a field scientist, with very good IQ attributes but low social attributes. The class you pick determines which skills you have and what equipment you start with, plus a few bonus skill points you can assign how you like. Then you have derived stats like carrying capacity and jumping distance. I found character generation, despite how complex the character sheet looks, to be easy and streamlined. I'm getting vibes of GURPS and ForeSight from it. That alone probably makes the game worth a more thorough look, when I have time.

Jan14_final.png

Day 12 (Delayed)

System: Under Western Skies
Version: 2022 Revision
Publisher: Michael Brown

System Notes: This a Traveller SRD RPG set in the American Wild West. It hews pretty closely to the original game (compared to other games like Rider, which I may also do later on), though with modifications made to fit the setting. It was originally published in 2018 and had a revision in 2022 that expanded it somewhat.

Zachary Gray, ex-Army Lieutenant
Soldier 4, Rank 3
Age 34

STR 10
DEX 3
END 10
INT 6
EDU 10
SOC 9

Background: Back East (no college education)

Skills: Admin-2, Gun Combat-2, Gunnery-2, Demolitions-1, Drive-1, Leadership-1, Recon-1, Survival-1

Benefits: +2 INT, +1 SOC, $2800, Contact (Captain Ellis Vance, Artillery Officer)

Backstory: Zachary Gray grew up in a farm town in eastern Pennsylvania. He joined the Union Army when the Civil War began, and served through the entire conflict, deciding to reenlist even when he had opportunities to leave the service. He saw quite a bit of action, and became quite skilled with firearms and explosives -- if there was gunpowder or dynamite involved, he knew how to use it. He rose through the enlisted ranks to become a Sergeant, and was able to remain in the army after the war's end, heading west to serve at various posts and forts. He was later commissioned as a Lieutenant in recognition of his skill and knowledge. One day, though, he was thrown from a horse (he never really did get the knack for riding) and seriously injured. Although he recovered, he couldn't move as well as he used to, and when his term was up, Gray decided it was time to pursue other things. For now, he's unemployed, but a man with his skills probably won't stay that way for long in the Wild West.

12 January
H+I
Monsieur Herné de La Fontaine
Might 1
Daring 1
Mind 4
Flair 0

Brawl 1
Melee -1
Ranged 2
Defense 2

Boons: Great Wealth
Savant
Learned

Flaws:
Hopeless Romantic
Incompetent Servant

Careers:
Banker 0
Poet 2
Scholar 2
Medic 0

Bio:
You can guess it, right? He's the son of a Noble de la Robe, so "real nobles" look at him down. But he doesn't care and is out to prove himself by serving France!

Character 14
System: Overlight

Name:Aakash
Folk: Hamanu
Background: Wrathful Emboidiment
Core Virtue: Will
Experience Points

Spirit: d6

Wisdom: D8

Perception: d6

Logic: D6

Compassion: D6

Inspiration: d10

Will: D10

Vigor: D10

Athletics: d6
Survival: d6
Blades: d8

Might: D8

Gifts:

Reflection of the Diamond Mirror. Spiritbound to a Zenith Order Monk.

Sturdy. +1 on Health Track

Belongings: silk sashes, ritual scroll in a brass case, sticks of incense
Valuables: four skull-faced ritual daggers
Wealth Rating: D6
Wealth Points: 2

Chroma

A Hand on the Shoulder (Compassion + Will). Allow allies to reroll failed dice.

Invocation of the Ancestors (Wisdom + Vigor). Give allies fury points.

Spirit Pool: 6
Health: 13

Background: Like all Hamanu (large ape like creatures) Aakash's spirit bound companion is the most important person in his life. They've been together five years and now act as one. Which isn't to say Aakash doesn't have a personality of his own. He's friendly and enthusiastic, if a little intense. His stories about the ancestors of the Hamanu are inspiring and entertaining in equal measure. While his main role is to inspire his companions to feats of greatness, he's no shirk in combat himself being dangerously skilled with his ritual daggers.

System :: Savage Worlds
Version :: SWADE

jihye-yoo-hunter-2.jpg

Aiko "Nightraven"
Race
: Human
Pace: 6"
Parry: 6
Toughness: 4
Power Points: 15

AGILITY D8
SMARTS D6
SPIRIT D6
STRENGTH D6
VIGOR D4

Skills:
Athletics* d8
Common Knowledge* d4
Notice* d6
Persuasion* d4
Stealth* d8
Driving d4
Fighting d6
Focus d6
Thievery d6
*Free at d4

Hindrances:
Cautious (Minor)
Enemy (Major; Hunted by a Megacorp)
Ruthless (Minor)

Edges:
Adaptable (Attractive)
Arcane Background (Gifted)
Assassin

Powers:
Boost/Lower Trait (PP 0*)
- Trappings: Boost Only (Limitation), Self Only (Limitation)
*Must always use a Power Modifier to increase PP to min of 1.

Backstory:
Don't have a full backstory for this one, but her basic concept is she's a Ninja-themed Physical Adept from Shadowrun Earth, and is being hunted down by a Megacorp after she crossed them on a run.

Day 12
System :: Knave
Version :: 1.0

Gredle Lightbringer
BonusDefense
STR212
DEX111
CON313
INT515
WIS111
CHA212
Item Slots13
Defense12
Hit Points7
Speed 40/120
Equipment
2 days Rations
Staff
Gambeson Armor
Crowbar
Hammer
Grease
Soap
PhysiqueCorpulent
FaceDelicate
SkinBirthmarked
HairBald
ClothingLivery
VirtueCourteous
ViceGreedy
SpeechSlow
BackgroundHerbalist
MisfortuneRejected
AlignmentLaw

Day 13

System: Talisman Adventures

Meet Shirixie!

1673681811420.png
(source)

Ancestry: Sprite
Background: Courtier (Court of Oberon)
Class: Assassin
Alignment: Evil

Height: .74m
Weight: 11 kg
Eyes: violet
Hair: brown
Noticeable Details: button nose
Memento: vine headband, small flat rock.
Saying/Belief: Truth told does pain unfold.
Superstition: Always leave a single drop of blood behind.

Strength: 4Craft: 3
Brawn: 2Insight: 2
Agility: 4Wits: 2
Mettle: 2Resolve: 3

Life: 12

Skills:
Athletics
Deception
Investigation
Melee (Small Blades)
Missile Weapon
Notice
Sleight of Hand
Stealth (City)
Tinker

Special Abilities:
Boon or Bane: once a day, spend a Light Fate; you or someone you can see can rerolls a Kismet die.
Flight: move normal Speed, ignore difficult terrain.
Treachery: bonus die for Deception tests; spend a Light Fate to deal additional damage with a d3 or d6 weapon if the target is immobile, surprised, or friendly.
Preparation: can set a die to any result if spent time preparing to kill the target.
Unerring Aim: if target has hightest Threat, spend one Light Fate point to ignore all terrain effects, ignore the target's shield, and other Enemies can't block movement to the target.

Max Load: 20
Speed: 40

Equipment: leather armour, short sword, blowgun with 20 needles, 2 daggers, poisoner's kit, antitoxin potion, disguise kit
Follower: Pixie

Shirixie was a prominent courtier in the Glen Courts of Lord Oberon, but that was over a century ago. She had learned at a very young age to look out for herself because no one else was going to, and after she removed one obstacle to her rise in influence she discovered she had a particular talent. Unfortunately for Shirixie, she was not selective enough in providing her services to others in court, and inevitably she fell afoul of a noble even higher in the graces of Lord Oberon. A rival hired Shirixie, through agents, to assassinate a mid-level servant that, unknown to Shirixie, was the lover of Lord Oberon's favourite cousin, and the rival made sure that the cousin was there to witness the assassination (but not prevent it). Since the victim was merely a servant the cousin could not do more than demand that Oberon exile Shirixie for 197 years, the servant's age when he was murdered. Shirixie took her personal pixie servant and left to seek her fortune in the wider world, determined to return with enough riches to assume her rightful place at the right hand of Lord Oberon himself.

She carries with her, but does not wear, the vine headband given to her on her achieving the title of Briar Duke, her highest rank. When she returns in triumph, then she will wear it again. She also keeps by her side a small rock taken from the stream that marks the border of the Glen.

Shirixie always leaves a drop of blood on her victims, no matter how she murdered them. She cannot allow those who find the corpses and take serious inspections of the bodies to falsely believe that the victims died of natural causes; even if they don't know she did it, at least they will know someone did, and she can take some satisfaction in that.

Jan 13

H+I
Version N/A (though the system itself is a version of BoL)
Name: Prince Jerzy Dominik Lubomirski (English: George Dominic)
Sex: Everyday (also, he's male)
1673679162237.png

Might 1
Daring 4
Savvy 0
Flair 1
Boons:
Daredevil
Fencing school: Cavalry

Flaw:
Superstitious

Brawl 0
Melee 3
Ranged -1
Defense 2

Careers:
Soldier 2
Scholar 0
Aristocrat 2
Servant 0 (only his wife knows why)

George Dominic is a Polish noble who almost got outlawed in his native country. He chose*, probably wisely, to emigrate to England, where his Catholic wife hailed from anyway, and to live in not-quite-exile. Good thing the Civil war is over, right?
And should there be another, he fully intends to shorten its duration by defeating the opposition.

*The character I'm making is to also be used in an adventure in 1667 England. So I'm now adding some background that gets him there...though I don't think the historical noble, whom he is named after, has ever visited the place. It's swashbuckling with ghosts, so I intend to treat it as an AU.

Day 13

System: Talisman Adventures

Meet Shirixie!

View attachment 54693
(source)

Ancestry: Sprite
Background: Courtier (Court of Oberon)
Class: Assassin
Alignment: Evil

Height: .74m
Weight: 11 kg
Eyes: violet
Hair: brown
Noticeable Details: button nose
Memento: vine headband, small flat rock.
Saying/Belief: Truth told does pain unfold.
Superstition: Always leave a single drop of blood behind.

Strength: 4Craft: 3
Brawn: 2Insight: 2
Agility: 4Wits: 2
Mettle: 2Resolve: 3

Life: 12

Skills:
Athletics
Deception
Investigation
Melee (Small Blades)
Missile Weapon
Notice
Sleight of Hand
Stealth (City)
Tinker

Special Abilities:
Boon or Bane: once a day, spend a Light Fate; you or someone you can see can rerolls a Kismet die.
Flight: move normal Speed, ignore difficult terrain.
Treachery: bonus die for Deception tests; spend a Light Fate to deal additional damage with a d3 or d6 weapon if the target is immobile, surprised, or friendly.
Preparation: can set a die to any result if spent time preparing to kill the target.
Unerring Aim: if target has hightest Threat, spend one Light Fate point to ignore all terrain effects, ignore the target's shield, and other Enemies can't block movement to the target.

Max Load: 20
Speed: 40

Equipment: leather armour, short sword, blowgun with 20 needles, 2 daggers, poisoner's kit, antitoxin potion, disguise kit
Follower: Pixie

Shirixie was a prominent courtier in the Glen Courts of Lord Oberon, but that was over a century ago. She had learned at a very young age to look out for herself because no one else was going to, and after she removed one obstacle to her rise in influence she discovered she had a particular talent. Unfortunately for Shirixie, she was not selective enough in providing her services to others in court, and inevitably she fell afoul of a noble even higher in the graces of Lord Oberon. A rival hired Shirixie, through agents, to assassinate a mid-level servant that, unknown to Shirixie, was the lover of Lord Oberon's favourite cousin, and the rival made sure that the cousin was there to witness the assassination (but not prevent it). Since the victim was merely a servant the cousin could not do more than demand that Oberon exile Shirixie for 197 years, the servant's age when he was murdered. Shirixie took her personal pixie servant and left to seek her fortune in the wider world, determined to return with enough riches to assume her rightful place at the right hand of Lord Oberon himself.

She carries with her, but does not wear, the vine headband given to her on her achieving the title of Briar Duke, her highest rank. When she returns in triumph, then she will wear it again. She also keeps by her side a small rock taken from the stream that marks the border of the Glen.

Shirixie always leaves a drop of blood on her victims, no matter how she murdered them. She cannot allow those who find the corpses and take serious inspections of the bodies to falsely believe that the victims died of natural causes; even if they don't know she did it, at least they will know someone did, and she can take some satisfaction in that.
...I like it that you're not causing undue ruckus over the death of some servant. It would be unseemly:thumbsup:!

January 14

Shirley Church
Female, Englishwoman
Might 0
Daring 2
Savvy 1
Flair 2

Careers:
Actress 2
Assassin 1
Temptress 0
Thief 1

Poisoner
Membership: Actor's Guild
Dueling style: Yilan Azidis (from the supplement)

Maneuvre: Dirty Fighting

Flaws: Secret (assassin)
City Dweller

Bio:
Shirley is the daughter of an actress, and has been at a theater her whole life. Recruited in the Actor's Guild as a newly-minted Thespian (not yet full Actor), she still has to keep her membership, and the existence of the Guild itself, a closely-guarded secret, and has been involved in an assassination already (she baited the target to a private place and distracted him while another put the poison in his drink).
Her mentor's friend, a newly-converted Ottoman, has been teaching taught her and the other Actor's Guild members, a foreign knife style that works very well for their society's goals...

And that post is just for my convenience. Sorry, guys:thumbsup:!

System: H+I
Ver: 2022 revised

3e2bb7c2baa132a639f3fa3de0b9deca.jpg

Jacqueline De La Croix
Female

Might: -1
Daring: 1
Savvy: 1
Flair: 4 (Max 6)

Melee 1
Brawl 0
Ranged 0
Defense 3

Lifeblood 9
Fortune Points: 6!

Motivation: Right Wrongs And Have Fun Doing That!

Languages:
Latin
French (Native)
Spanish (fluent)
Latin (fluent)

Careers:
Noble 1
Spy 1
Poet 1
Duelist 1

Boons:
Beguiling
Attractive
Fencing School: Spanish Style

Manouevres:
Flaws:
Double Life
Soft-Hearted

Bio: Jacqueline is the daughter of a noble. She is soon to be introduced to society, her father delaying because she was a bit unruly as a young adult. He attributes it to her mother's influence (but keeps his mouth shut because his wife can ruin his mood every day, as has been proven). Due to her mother's influence, Jacqueline even studied with a runaway Spanish swordmaster, some Don Jaime de...the father never remembers the name.
Either way, she has been a lot more...well, less unruly...lately. He suspects that it's due to the swordmaster's influence that she is retiring to her rooms early, after dinner. As M. Remy de la Croix very well knows, fencing teachers recommend such a regimen - though he himself never abided by it...
The truth is different, and far worse.
Jacqueline is the fearsome Chatte Noire, a vagabond that has been terrorising Paris lately - stealing bijoux (and kisses) from noblewomen, stealing money from tax collectors, stealing documents that should never see the light of day and exposing them! She is an outrage and should be punished, M. RdlC believes! Worse, she has cost him already the services of an associate, who got exposed by her as having been in the pay of the Wrong Crown (the Spanish one...) and had to suicide. The place is now open until a suitable replacement can be found (one who can purchase the post, too).
He'd be amazed if he knew La Chatte Noire is sleeping next door. Well, more like "next part of the chateau".
And then there's the third layer: La Chatte Noire is acting as a folk hero, but she is actually involved in a fight against the agents of Spain (and their paid flunkies), on behalf of the young King Louis! She is a trained spy, and the fact that she is using the Spanish style is just adding insult to injury...
Conversely, JdlC would be amazed and outraged if she knew it's her father who is pulling the strings of many agents she had been working to expose.

Note: Jacqueline is a powerhouse in combat. She plays her free Dodge every round, making her defense a staggering 6 (with a +1 bonus due to her rapier)! That means that hitting her requires to roll 15+ on 2d6+attribute+skill...or 17 if she decides to spend one of her many, many, many Fortune Points.
Furthermore, should she be struck, she can actually consider rolling her Cloak Parry, for a 2d6+5 attempt...well, "not bloody likely to succeed" against anyone who actually passed her Defense, for now, but she can raise her Melee further.
And then Jacqueline can attack, too. Feinting is done with Flair+Melee as well, and attacks after that are made with a Bonus Die. Quick Cut is also Flair-dependent. So she has a + 5 to those as well.
Luckily, she never kills. Amazing as they are. the exploits of La Chatte Noire are almost bloodless injuries have been delivered, but nobody has died...so far - except for one guy who took his life later on (and he was un traitre de France!)... but if she decided to kill, it would be over in seconds for most people. Despite her penalty to Damage, yes. She just has to stab you more times, that's all. But there's bloody nothing that even most trained fencers can do to prevent it.
So most people are just lucky to see her disappearing after she'd stappled their cloak or sleeve to the wall with a thrown knife, or pulls le tapis from under them, or the likes...Once, she even left her rapier in a wall.
Of course, she takes a normal rapier purchased in her second identity, when she goes on missions for the Crown. She'd been taught at least that much!
And, like her mother before her, she can send a witty repartee on the way. Often, in verse.

"En garde, messieurs!"

System: Honor+Intrigue
Version: 2022 Tablet version

Vincenzo di Franco
Male
errol-flynn-famous-for-his-swashbuckling-film-roles-of-the-1930s-and-picture-id517456694

Motivation: My name is Vincenzo, you killed my father, prepare to suffer multiple broken bones!

Might: 4
Daring 0
Mind 0
Flair 1

Abilities:
Brawl 2
Melee 0
Ranged -1
Defense 3

Careers:
Duelist 1
Scholar 1
Don Juan 1
Aristocrat 1

Languages:
Italian (Native)
French (Basic)

Boons:
Born Athlete
Herculean Strength
Duelling Style: Wrestling/Kurash
Manoeuvres:
Beat

Flaws:
Evil Twin (Unknown at the start)
Lust

Fortune: 4
Lifeblood: 14 (150% what Jacqueline has got, yes).

Weapons:
Buckler (1d6+3 dmg)
Broadsword (1d6+5 dmg)

Bio:
A strongman since he was a boy, Vincenzo can lift a man with one hand holding him by the belt. On a good day, he can hold him there, too, which he has used to settle accounts bloodlessly.
Though when he has to, he can also throw a man through the air...but he prefers to avoid bloodshed. Not out of any particular aversion, it's just that most other men break so easily!
Besides, he broke a man once, and never managed to meet his sister again. Which was a great loss, since she was a beauty well-known in Naples...
But now that he has received news that his father has disappeared in France, while at the employ of a certain De la Croix (as poor aristocrats need to sell their swords sometimes, alas, though that's obviously not WORKING), he embarked on the first ship to Paris. M. De la Croix was kind enough to tell him the name of the likely killer:
La Chatte Noire, a notorious thief and duelist!

Notes: Vincenzo is no doubt a very physically powerful character, basically modelled after the toughest pulp characters. He attacks with a Beat (3d6 take best 2+5 or 6 vs opponent's defense) first, then he moves on to grapple and/or destroy an opponent, regardless of whether he is using a weapon. He is adept at pushing the opponent's hand when he is unarmed against a weapon (and obviously, against a man with no honour). This brings no penalty due to a style benefit.
At the same time, he is good enough at defence, so it's not easy to hit him, though he's not even close to Jacqueline in that regard (she's got the free Dodge and the Spanish style bonus going for her).

H+I
Monsieur Herné de La Fontaine
Might 1
Daring 1
Mind 4
Flair 0

Brawl 1
Melee -1
Ranged 2
Defense 2

Boons: Great Wealth
Savant
Learned

Flaws:
Hopeless Romantic
Incompetent Servant

Careers:
Banker 0
Poet 2
Scholar 2
Medic 0

Bio:
You can guess it, right? He's the son of a Noble de la Robe, so "real nobles" look at him down. But he doesn't care and is out to prove himself by serving France!

H+I
Version N/A (though the system itself is a version of BoL)
Name: Prince Jerzy Dominik Lubomirski (English: George Dominic)
Sex: Everyday (also, he's male)
View attachment 54692

Might 1
Daring 4
Savvy 0
Flair 1
Boons:
Daredevil
Fencing school: Cavalry

Flaw:
Superstitious

Brawl 0
Melee 3
Ranged -1
Defense 2

Careers:
Soldier 2
Scholar 0
Aristocrat 2
Servant 0 (only his wife knows why)

George Dominic is a Polish noble who almost got outlawed in his native country. He chose*, probably wisely, to emigrate to England, where his Catholic wife hailed from anyway, and to live in not-quite-exile. Good thing the Civil war is over, right?
And should there be another, he fully intends to shorten its duration by defeating the opposition.

*The character I'm making is to also be used in an adventure in 1667 England. So I'm now adding some background that gets him there...though I don't think the historical noble, whom he is named after, has ever visited the place. It's swashbuckling with ghosts, so I intend to treat it as an AU.

Shirley Church
Female, Englishwoman
Might 0
Daring 2
Savvy 1
Flair 2

Careers:
Actress 2
Assassin 1
Temptress 0
Thief 1

Poisoner
Membership: Actor's Guild
Dueling style: Yilan Azidis (from the supplement)

Maneuvre: Dirty Fighting

Flaws: Secret (assassin)
City Dweller

Bio:
Shirley is the daughter of an actress, and has been at a theater her whole life. Recruited in the Actor's Guild as a newly-minted Thespian (not yet full Actor), she still has to keep her membership, and the existence of the Guild itself, a closely-guarded secret, and has been involved in an assassination already (she baited the target to a private place and distracted him while another put the poison in his drink).
Her mentor's friend, a newly-converted Ottoman, has been teaching taught her and the other Actor's Guild members, a foreign knife style that works very well for their society's goals...

Day 14: OVA

Then light shone from Logafell,
and from that radiance there came bolts of lightning;
wearing helmets at Himingvani came the valkyries.
Their byrnies were drenched in blood;
and rays shone from their spears.

-Helgakviða Hundingsbana I, Poetic Edda

Yep! I'm seriously inspired by poetic edda...for an anime character.

Code:
Name: Brynhildr
Concept: Self-exiled Valkyrie

Health:    40
Endurance: 40
Defense:    6

Abilities:                 |     |   Weaknesses:
+3 - Armored               | dr  |   -1 Impulsive
+2 - Attack                | dx  |   -3 Love Magnet
+2 - Beautiful             |     |   -1 Naive
+3 - Combat Expert         | att |   -3 Obsession (Stop Ragnarök)
+1 - Companion (Aska)      |     |   -2 Quirk (Foresees the deaths of mortals)
+2 - Evasive               | def |   -3 Rival (Anikhe the Dark Elf)
+3 - Flight                |     |   -1 Soft Spot (kittens)
+2 - Quick                 | def |   -2 Unique (Otherworldly)
+2 - Perceptive            |     |   -2 Unique (Exiled, Self-imposed)
+2 - Strong                | dx  |   

Attack abilities (roll / dx / end):
-- Spear Strike              5 / 5 / 0
   [Reach(+5); Weapon(-5)]
-- Power Strike              5 / 5 / 10
   [Armor Piercing(+5) x2; Reach(+5); Weapon(-5)]

Gear: Spear, Shield, helmet, waist-length chain mail armor, boots.

Appearance: Red hair, dark brown eyes, serious demeanor; has wings that appear or disappear at will in a flash of light

Background:
Ragnarök is here. But Brynhildr is the only one who knows it, and nobody believes her. So, she has left the hall of Valhalla and made it her mission to stop it any way she can. Together with her raven companion, Aska, she travels the realms looking for wrongs to to put right, in the hopes of preventing the darkness from consuming everything she knows and loves.

833995-Valkyrie-Adkarna-Valkyrie-Warriors-Heroes-of-Newerth.jpg

System Swords & Six-Siders
Version Expanded Edition

Gruffy Mc Gruffpants
Dwarven Fighter
1st level
Neutral Alignment

Gruffy McGruffpants is brawny and rugged yet clumsy, illiterate, & down right crude dwarf fighter who just wants to find some gold, ale, and a Dwarven woman with a long flowing beard in that order. If he gets to crack some skulls along the way all the better!

Strength 6 (+1 on rolls)
Intelligence 1 (-1 on rolls)
Wisdom 3
Dexterity 1 (-1 on rolls)
Constitution 6 (+1 on rolls)
Charisma 2

Attack Bonus +1
Damage Bonus +0
Hit Points 6

Languages Dwarf, Common, Gnome, Goblin, Kobold

Dwarfly Abilities
+1 save against magic or poison
+1 AC against foes larger than human
Cannot wield two handed weapons aside from short bows and crossbows due to Gruffy's size

Fighty Abilities
Cleave: If there is damage left over after hitting and killing a target it carries on to an adjacent target of Gruffy's choice
Dual Wield: Gruffy can use two one-handed weapons at a time, he still makes only one attack roll but if the damage roll is a natural 1 he can reroll the damage roll and use the second result.
Fighter Skills: Gruffy is trained to use brute force and tactics.
Hit Dice: Gruffy can reroll all 1s and 2s on his hit dice as a Dwarven fighters due to his "tough frame"

I really like this light little game, the way you generate attributes by rolling three d6 and then taking the opposite for the last three attributes is interesting (although do you know if Steve considered reordering the attributes to better match up the "pairs" this creates brettmb brettmb ?) and any game that includes training to level up is ok with this grognard :thumbsup: This game also does a great job at encouraging a human-centric game through character creation.

If for some reason you don't own it the game is also on sale right now :hehe:

System :: Convergence Point
Version :: 1.9

Day 14) Mr. Black

Tied with Sterling as my favorite character...

All this set of characters are based on the "anime" of The Neo Frontiers. The full anime series Neo Frontiers is not supposed to focus on any particular character but follows several characters throughout the course of the series. Although each one gets to be a star in one episode some just continue to follow their life. They are all interlinked around the high school "stage" characters. They will be at the level of when they first appear in the "anime".

Name: Mr. Black
Core Trait: Human Agent of the Neo Frontiers Era

"Heh. I see."

His History is all redacted. Mentions or pictures in newspapers or the compunet are all but wiped out. What we know:
* He was an agent of the "OGA" in America and across the world before the UZ.
* He deals with "Unique Situations", regular crimes don't interest him much.
* He operates around the world, but seems centered out of "The City" which is not far from "The Capital (of this Zone) and this "Town/ Small City".
* He has a friendly antagonist relationship with Sterling.
* He monitors Kaede because of her relatives, her connections, and that girl is going to be a major Esper someday.
* He has paid a visit or two to Dr. Williamson because of his new work and its controversial nature if it ever works.
* He watches Jonas Howerhousen because his company does some odd things.
* After meeting her and finding out her connection, he monitors Kathryn. (I think he knows she is an AI, but is looking for something about it.)
* Chen knew him "back in day".
* Chief Sato is scared of him and does what he says.
-- There is more, but it is all Series 2 (and possibly Tales and OVA)

Description: Stylish Black Suit. Stylish Sunglasses. Short Black Hair. Strong Jaw. Average other than that, a cultivated look. Actually, if you look up MIB in the dictionary, his picture would be there... but it would be redacted.

Write Up Convergence Point

Name: Mr. Black
Core Trait: Human Agent of the Neo Frontiers Era
Lv 6 /EP Mod 3x (1.15 -0 +1.85)
Notes: Espionage Characters tend to have EP Mods approaching those of Comic Styled Characters... that is to say "large". It is all the specialized training that they seem to accumulate in play.

PHY 10 +3/7- "Seems Weak"
DEX 15 +5/9- "Fine Manipulation"
MEN 12 +4/8- "Sharp"
EMO 11 +3/7- "Keeping Calm"
MPY 12 +4/8- "Danger is around. I feel it."
CHA 12 +4/8- "Slick"

Life Focus: PER +DED +S/T +INF +L-COM

Persona+2 UZ Government/ Parliament Aide (one more)

Athletic+1 "Fitness" "Scuba Diving"
Combative+2 "Military Weapons" Sniping.
Limited Combative+6(8) "Hand to Hand" "Pistols"
Contact+1 "Agency" "Freelance Community"
DEC+0: "Batman-esk silent/shadow entrance/exit"
Deduction+6 "Motives" "Things kept Hidden"
ESP+2 "Mental Defense"
GEE+2 "Null G" "Aquatic"
Influence+8 "OGA" "UZ Government" "Wealth, because sometimes you need it".
Knowledge+1 "Aliens" "The Paranormal" "Hypertech" "Espers"
Pereception+6 "The Little Things" "Hearing" "Scent"
Strat/Tactic+6 "Infiltrations" "Poker" "Cells"
Technology+1"Ship Systems"
Vehicle+2 "Agency Vehicles" "Military Vehicles" "Submarines" "Seacraft"

Limited Status+2 "Top Agent"
FAM-0 Augement Suit

Developing /Expanding sets
Psych: Ignore Orders and do what is right and needed (B3)
Nemesis: Leftovers - those from plots he has foiled.. usually mid ranking... coming for revenge. (B2)
I have had a long career (A2) +1 when doing things he has done in the past
MIB Persona (A1)

Agency Training: Persona+2 +.15x
OGA Training: KNW+1 "Aliens" "The Paranormal" "Hypertech" VHL+1 "Agency Vehicles" CON+1 "Agency" +.45x
Old School Space Training: GEE+2 "Null G" TEC+1"Ship Systems" +.3x
Military Training: COM+1 "Military Weapons" ATH+1 "Fitness" +.1x (.3x Adjusted)
Advanced Military Training: FAM-0 Augement Suit, COM+1 "Sniping" VHL+1 "Military Vehicles". +.1x (.3x Adjusted)
OGA ESP Training: KNW+0 Espers ESP+2 "Mental Defense" +.25
OGA Ranking: L-STA+2 "Top Agent" INF+2 "Agency" .25x
Aquatic Training: VHL+1 "Submarines" "Seacraft" ATH+0 "Scuba Diving" GEE+0 "Aquatic" +.25x

Note: He has the most stylish and coolest sunglasses. (He took Sterling's advice on getting them.) They grant a trait of "stylish cool" for +2 for appropriate social rolls (they are also ballistic).

1) Simone Williamson Synth-zed Student of the Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/#post-389775

2) Kaede Tanaka Esper Student of Neo Frontiers
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/#post-389976

3) Kathryn Puppe Synth - Mekenoid/Ai Assistant of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-2#post-390222

4) Racheal Brown Alpha Student of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-3#post-390574

5) Jill and Jane Human Athletic Students of the Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-3#post-390954

6) Roberto "Mango the Great" Yee Human VR Gamer of the Neo Frontier Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-4#post-391345

7) Dr. (Albert) Williamson Core Trait: Human BioScience Researcher in The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-4#post-391926

8) Josh "Hornet" Williamson, Cpt Retired US/UZ SDF Human Space Marine Pilot of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-5#post-392416

9) Eugene "Kato" Lunan Esper Navigator of the Neo Frontiers
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-6#post-392771

10) Buddy Meken General Purpose Robot of The Neo Frontier Age
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-6#post-393572

11) Sarah Tanaka Human Smuggler of The Neo Frontiers
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-7#post-393922

12) Uncle Sterling Tanaka Esper Third One of the Neo Frontier
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-7#post-394625

13) Mr (Deming) Chen Human Teacher of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-7#post-395213

14) Mr. Black Human Agent of the Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-8#post-396026

Last edited:
I'm basically trying out Savage Worlds at this point to get a good feel for the system, its pros and limitations, etc...

Version :: 1

benjamin-giletti-sr-josephine-04.jpg

Yolanda "Hellcat"
Race: Troll
Pace: 6
Size: +1
Parry: 4
Toughness: 8 (2)
Power Points: 10

AGILITY D6
SMARTS D6
SPIRIT D6
STRENGTH D6 (d8)*
VIGOR D6
*Due to Size

Skills:
Athletics* d6
Common Knowledge* d4
Notice* d6
Persuasion* d4
Stealth* d4
Electronics d6
Faith d6
Fighting d6
Occult d6
Shooting d6
*Free at d4

Hindrances:
Outsider (Minor)*
Thin Skinned (Minor)
Quirk (Minor; always needs to consult the spirits when investigating a scene or going through any significant undertaking)
*Racial

Edges:
Armor (+2)*
Infravision
Size (+1)*
Arcane Background (Miracles)
*Racial

Powers:
Banish
Divination
Summon Ally

Concept: Shamanic mercenary troll from Shadowrun.

Jan 15

System :: The Window
Version :: 2nd Edition

This character is for The Window, a free rules-light narrative-heavy thing. I'm not usually a fan of games like this, but that's just a matter of personal
taste and not something I want to get too unpleasant about. This game's rulebook, though, was pretentious and condescending. It made me actively dislike it.
Probably not a game I'd ever actually play, and certainly not run. This is a rulebook that takes every opportunity to sneer at "math" and "tables", in a tone
I find obnoxious. Yet the game uses a d30. Who would even have a d30 lying around if not the mathematically-minded? Yeurgh.

The character creation guidelines I found dogmatic yet uselessly vague, so I cheated a little and
just adapted the example character given in the rulebook. There didn't seem to be any other way of knowing how many traits and skills to take, and how
many of those I was allowed to be good at.

JENNY SMITH

White female
32 years of age
5'6" tall
55 kg
Dark brown hair, green eyes, uses contacts
dresses professionally

Jenny Smith has

Below average sanity. (D20)
Average strength. (D12)
Pretty good health. (D10)
Very poor knowledge of the world. (D30)
Very high perception. (D6)
Good agility. (D8)
Average luck. (D12)

Jenny Smith is...

An expert accountant. (D8)
A skilled mathematician. (D10)
A former high-school athlete. (D20)
A respected bureaucrat. (D10)
A decent singer. (D12)
An amateur cook. (D20)
An average writer. (D12)
A below average driver. (D20)

Jenny Smith carries...

A battered laptop bag filled with an equally battered laptop and an assortment of junk
A pocket calculator
An asthma inhaler, and
An out-of-date smartphone

Day 13 (Delayed)

System: Heroes Unlimited
Version: Second Edition Revised
Publisher: Palladium Books

System Notes: This is my first ever attempt at creating a character in this system (albeit not my first Palladium system character). I went 100% random where possible.

Name: Ian Chase
Alias: Tornado Alley
Level: 1
Alignment: Principled (Good)

Intelligence Quotient 10
Mental Endurance 8
Mental Affinity 5
Physical Strength 29 (+14 hand-to-hand combat damage)
Physical Prowess 23 (+4 parry/dodge bonus, +4 bonus to strike)
Physical Endurance 7
Physical Beauty 13
Speed 35 (run 24.5 MPH)

Hit Points 22
Structural Damage Capacity 74
Potential Psychic Energy 30

Power Category: Physical Training (Agility and Speed Focus)
– Defensive and Fast Hand-to-Hand Combat
– 5 Attacks per Round
– Pull Punch +2
– Initiative +2
– Parry/Disarm +6
– Roll with Punch or Fall +3
– Moves: Disarm, Back Flip, Body Flip/Throw, Karate Punch (2d4+14), Auto Kick Attack (2d4+14), Backward Sweep Kick, Power Punch, Power Kick, Force of Will

Education: Two years of college

Skills:

Default Skills
– Pilot Automobile 62%
– Mathematics: Basic 50%
– Speak English 80%
– Read/Write English 98%

Physical Training Skills (6 physical, 4 espionage)
– Acrobatics (Sense of Balance 72%, Walk Tightrope 73%, Climb Rope 82%, Back Flip 65%)
– Body Building/Weightlifting
– Boxing
– Climbing 60%
– Detect Ambush 45%
– Detect Concealment 40%
– Escape Artist 45%
– Pick Pockets 50%
– Rappelling 40%
– Swimming 60%

Communications Skill Program
– Basic Electronics 50%
– Radio: Basic 65%
– Radio: Scrambler 55%
– TV/Video 44%
– Surveillance Systems 50%

Secondary Skills:
– Computer Operation 45%
– First Aid 45%
– General Repair/Maintenance 40%
– Law (General) 30%
– Prowl 45%
– Streetwise 24%
– Writing 30%

Weapon Proficiencies: Blunt, Paired Weapons (All), Staff, Targeting (Thrown/Missile Weapons)

Background Information
– Birth Order: Youngest of five
– Weight: Average
– Height: Average
– Age 23
– Disposition: Self-reliant and cocky
– Nationality: American
– Childhood: Suburb
– Socioeconomic Background: Skilled/middle class
– When Abilities Manifested: Recently

Money: $0 on hand ($2800 in savings)

Armor: Vest (AR 10, SDC 50)
Weapons: None
Equipment: Climbing Spike Launch Rod with 400’ Line
Other Possessions: five-year-old car, apartment

Backstory: Ian Chase is a crimefighter in a Midwestern city who is just starting his career. By day, he is an office assistant for a cardboard packaging company, but by night, those who do harm to others know him as Tornado Alley. Chase has honed his body into a living weapon, able to move and strike with blinding speed and staggering force. He disdains lethal weapons and will never use them, nor will he work with crimefighters who use such methods unless it’s in the service of a greater good. Chase is highly confident in his abilities, for he hasn’t met an opponent that can match him. But the world of superheroes and supervillains is vast, and he’s got a lot to learn.

Day 15
System: The Dee Sanction

Name: Brother Francis
Association: Star of Artemis
Focus: The Voynich Manuscript

Physicall d4
Intellectuall d6
Supernaturall d8

Hits 3
D8 Unravelling
1 Fortune

Abilities: Quote & Verse, Astrology, Recreation
Favour: The Stench of Ignorance. Once per session, can make someone smell of decay. This lasts about an hour or less outdoors.
Home Town - Leicester

Possessions: Friar Robes, Walking Stick, Bible (with own annotations), Bone Toothpick, Reproduction of a letter, Loaded Dice

Personality: Have Gossip, Will Gossip (Blood)

Background: Brother Francis was 34 years old when he realised everything he knew was a lie. He'd been studying the Voynich Manuscript by candlelight, as he had done many nights before. And a revelation hit him. Religion was not the expression of faith but the negation of it. He left the monastery that night to take the role of an itinerant preacher. That was two years ago. In the time between he fell in with the Star of Artemis, a secret mystical society dedicated to peeling away the lies of religon to try and find the core of true belief. Unfortunately, his preaching was somewhat indiscreet and a week ago he found himself in a darkened cell, on charges of heresy. He thought he was going to finally know the truth of what lies beyond, then several dark cloaked gentleman with no names paid him a visit. They made him an offer he couldn't refuse. And that is how Brother Francis finds himself in a new role as an agent of The Queen, dedicated to redeeming his heresy by defeating enemies of the realm. He doesn't mind, but he wants another copy of that damn manuscript that haunts both his dreams and waking hours.

Day 14
System :: Over the Edge
Version :: Second Edition

Wayne Spearman

Central Trait: Wandering Handyman - Handyman skills, knows how to be ignored, used to rough spaces( Hey for a beer and a couch to crash on I can fix that toilet, busted door, leaky roof)( 3 dice)
Side Trait: Psychic - Can commune with spirits to see the past/learn facts. (I know it's weird but sometimes dead people inhabit my body.)(2 dice)
Side Trait: Good negotiator - Tries to get everyone to a happy place (Good thing I grew up with younger and older sisters. Kinda prepped me for dealing with the dead )( 2 dice)
Flaw: Sometimes gets possessed(Potential die in stressful situations)(Not every spirit waits to be invited and not all of them leave when asked).
Hit Points (21) (Ever wake up in a ditch with bruised hands and a knife wound? Did you know why? That must be nice)

Experience Pool : 1 die

Motivation : To find a place I can fit in. Where he doesn't have to leave town every time he learns too many secrets about the local spirits.

Secret: Wayne's killed. More than twice? Two of them fight to control him when he's stressed and mess with Wayne's life, but not too much or they too wouldn't get to interact with the real world anymore.

Important Person: Wayne's dead dog Snoops. First spirit he ever saw and was possessed by. Snoops is the best.

Background and equipment
Every since he was a kid Wayne's seen spirits. Some are pretty cool and teach him things like pluming and drywall. Some are pain in the ass and try to talk to him about particle physics. Even the jackasses just looking for a fight he can usually work with. But it's hard holding down a job when everyone thinks you're crazy. Wayne knows a little about everything but he's always on the move.
Wayne's a live out of his car kinda guy. He has stained worn clothes and handymans tools.

System :: Marvel Universe Role Playing Game
Version :: Original

Character 13
MURPG Inevitable.jpg
The Marvel Universe RPG, aka "The One with the Stones." Way back when this thing came out (around 2003) I remember playing a couple fun sessions of this. I remember my character having a force field power, trying to shield these children from injuring others with their out-of-control powers, and it was a bit of struggle balancing my stone expenditures both to protect them while a bad guy showed up on a subway and mayhem kicked off, and it was an interesting dynamic. Here I clearly made more of a villain style character. Back at the time I remember liking how it played OK, even though it seemed a little... shaky in parts. Making a character for it again now in 2023 I really did get a feeling like it still is a little half-baked, even though I still consider it my 2nd favorite Marvel RPG after the FASERIP ones. I'd like to think the game could be redeemed a bit with a 2nd edition. Like, I think there is a good game in here somewhere. I admired it for taking the chance of eschewing dice, and I think it is possible to make a cool game that is based on allocation of limited resources like this game could do when it was working well. I just don't think it worked well often enough.

Jan 14

System: Hard City

Partners Tse and Stone.

First, meet Rose Tse / Tse Tin Sam!
Tse.jpg
(actor Anna May Wong)

Trademarks
Past: Domestic (Notice, Endurance, Gossip, Stealth, Etiquette, Quick Wits, Blend In)
Present: Investigator (Investigate, Notice, Interrogate, Law, Follow Leads, Human Lie Detector, Shoot)
Perk: Weasel (Little, Cunning, Hide, Run, Straight-faced Liar, Low Blows)

Edges: Notice, Gossip, Investigate, Interrogate, Human Lie Detector, Low Blows

Flaws: Sticky Fingers, Heart of Gold

Drive: Prove they're really no better than they think of me.

Moxie: 3
Grit: 3

Next, meet Derek Stone!
Stone.jpg
(author/actor Mickey Spillane)

Trademarks
Past: Goon (Intimidate, Brawl, Dodge, Take A Hit, Underworld Contacts, Break Stuff, Stare Down)
Present: Enforcer (Fight, Shoot, Threaten With Violence, Dodge, Take A Hit, Intimidate, Break Stuff, Nerves Of Steel)
Perk: Huge (Strong, Fists Like Ham Hocks, Take A Hit, Tall, Intimidate, Brawl)

Edges: Brawl, Take A Hit, Strong, Underworld Contacts, Intimidate

Flaws: Soft-Hearted, Dumb As A Rock

Drive: Protect Rose.

Moxie: 3
Grit: 3

Rose Tse's parents came to the United States as personal servants to Bradley Cornington. Incredibly wealthy and very influential in Los Angeles and California politics, Cornington had the pull to bring some of his favourite staff with him when he returned from abroad, never mind the Chinese Exclusion Act. Rose grew up right beside the lap of luxury - able to see how the rich lived, able to sneak crumbs off the side, but told every day that nothing like this could ever be hers because of who, what she was.

But she kept her eyes and ears open, and she learned. She saw everything that the powerful did when they thought no one who counted was watching. And she began to use what she learned to start to balance the scales. She used anonymous letters to blackmail associates of the Corningtons, pressuring them to stay away from and compensate their victims (not that the law considered what they were doing to be criminal, despite the people getting hurt), and sometimes managed to deliver enough evidence to the police of actual crimes (resulting in three high-profile arrests).

Everything came crashing down one night when authorities seized her father right from the servants' house at the Cornington estate. After three days of trying to find him, Rose was informed that he had been put on a ship back to China that same day; her father had been accused of firebombing a city councilman's office and was summarily deported. This was of course a lie, and Rose used everything she had to find out why. It didn't take long, and she wished she hadn't. Bradley Cornington and Rose's mother had been having an affair for years, and her father had finally caught the two of them together. Cornington was desperate to avoid his peers from learning of this; liaisons with servants weren't entirely unheard of, but the proper and expected end was for the serving girl to be sent far away, and Cornington could not bear to be apart from his beloved Jasmine. For her part, Jasmine's marriage had been arranged and she had never much cared for her husband anyway, certainly not compared to the genuine love (and generous gifts) from Cornington.

Horrified and disgusted, Rose moved across the country to New York. She began a private investigation business as a way to use her skills to support herself, but found clients to be vanishingly few - as a Chinese woman, she had two too many strikes against her.

Derek Stone had never been particularly bright, but he didn't need to be. His natural size and strength got him into boxing, and he soon came to the attention of the local mobs. He wasn't a good enough actor to convincingly throw a fight, but he was intimidating enough to collect from people betting on the fights. When he showed up at the door, pretty much everyone suddenly remembered that they had just gotten together the money they promised and were more than happy to walk over with Derek right now to hand it over. He never liked the work, though. More than once Derek chipped in his own money to make up the total owing when he saw how desperate and innocent these people were; he maybe got taken a couple of times, but he just saw that as a necessary fee for helping the people who did really need and deserve it.

This habit meant that Derek was strapped for cash when his daughter Charlotte disappeared. Unable to afford anyone else, Derek found himself in Chinatown staring at the door to the Tse Agency. For her part, Rose was desperate enough for any client to accept even an obvious legbreaker like Stone as long as it kept the office lights on.

Working the case together brought a measure of respect to the relationship. Rose saw that Derek had a good heart and wasn't a mindless thug, and Derek was genuinely impressed by Rose's sharp mind.

The trail led the pair to Miami. Derek hadn't seen or heard from Charlotte's mother Yvonne for a decade, since Charlotte turned one. In that time Yvonne drifted south and got involved in Miami's underworld, which was booming from the GIs who had trained there and were now returning after the war. Yvonne had hooked up with a crimelord, who had ordered Charlotte be brought down to keep Yvonne in line. Rose put together a package of evidence about the crimelord's drug distribution network, which led to a police raid on his mansion. During the chaos, Rose and Derek were able to sneak in and get Charlotte back.

Rose angrily confronted Yvonne about her willingness to put Charlotte in danger, and Yvonne made clear that she didn't care about Charlotte. Derek stopped Rose from physically attacking Yvonne, and just asked Yvonne to leave Charlotte alone. Yvonne condescendingly told them she was leaving for Panama and they'd never see her again.

Once back in New York, Rose offered Derek a job. She needed a white man to act as the face of the operation, someone people would accept as an investigator. Derek was indebted to Rose for her work getting Charlotte back and agreed immediately. A week later Stone Investigations opened up in Queens, and has been busy since. Derek Stone is always accompanied by his faithful secretary Rose Tse on investigations, and his record of successes has gotten him a reputation as an effective PI. Rose tolerates this as necessary to let her do what she loves to do, exposing the corruption and darkness lurking in the 'best' of society. Besides, it keeps Derek and Charlotte around, and she's happy to keep Derek working for her at as good a salary as she can pay him. Unfortunately, neither Rose nor Derek can resist a sob story, so they end up doing a lot of jobs at reduced rates (and occasionally pro bono).

Stone Investigations: we will get you your answers.

Ok, missed a couple days from busy and family but that means we just get a three-fer.

System :: Traveller
Version :: Classic
We, ah, discovered that using the extra books gave you a "more" character. This one is using book 4, the mercenaries & army one.
Stat line: BA8869 (str dex endurance int education social rank, for the unfamiliar)
Well holy crap good rolls. Get enrollment bonuses for dex and end so 3+ on 2d6 and a yes we're in.
Choose infantry and then we'll go commando if we can, because that sounds like fun.
Term 1: each term gets 4 assignments, one a year. The rolls are easier but there are more of them to make. You get a general assignment within your unit then an assignment for the unit, that and your choice of infantry/ marine/ arty/ cavalry/ etc. gives you a specific table to roll on
assignment 1: basic training = mandatory gun combat 1, military occupational specialty = rolled vehicle 1, survival automatic, decoration n/a, promotion n/a, skill automatic
assignment 2: staff, unit assignment = counter insurgency, survival 5+ yes, decoration 10+ no, promotion 9+ yes E2, skills 8+ no
assignment 3: command (command & staff are "action" assignments, then a 1/6 "special", the diff of command & staff give different optional skill roll tables), unit assignment = garrison, survival automatic, decoration n/a, promotion no, skills n/a
assignment 4: special! and roll on a table = commando training! absolute luck to get what we wanted early. Holy crap! May receive up to 8 skills! Throw 8+ to learn each one and we get... gun combat 2, vacc suit 1, recon 1
Term 2: reenlist with... better bonuses in this one 7+ at +2 and yes. We reenlist as a commando now.
assignment 1: command, unit assignment = internal security, survival yes, decoration n/a, promotion yes E3, skills n/a. Ok, garrison and internal security assignments officially suck.
assignment 2: command, unit assignment = raid, survive yes, decoration yes = meritorious conduct under fire, promotion yes E4, skill vehicle 2
assignment 3: command, unit = raid, survive yes, decorate no, promote no, skills endurance 9
assignment 4: staff, unit =- raid, survive yes, decorate no, promote yes E5, skills mechanic 1
Term 3: reenlist yes... and looking at it you have to roll a special assignment (1/6) and then officer training (1/6) to get any ranks. I suppose that's... I'd have to do stats to see how it stacked up against the original chances to get promoted, but there's no modifiers allowed on this one, just a flat 1/36 each assignment.
assignment 1: command, unit = raid, survive yes, decorate yes another MCUF, promote yes E6, skills gun combat 3
assignment 2: special! = protected forces (duty on an airless or hostile environment world) roll 3+ each to get vacc suit 2 & zero g combat 1, unit = training, survival yes, decoration n/a, promotion no, skill mechanic 2
assignment 3: staff, unit = garrison, survival automatic, decorate n/a, promotion yes E6, skill n/a
assignment 4: command, unit = training, survival yes, decorate n/a, promote yes E7, skills no
Term 4: Reenlist yes, are 34 and aging rolls dex to 9 and endurance to 8, ouch.
assignment 1: staff, unit = raid, survive yes, decorate yes = conspicuous gallantry, promotion yes E8, skill instructor 1
assignment 2: command, unit = police action, survival yes, decorate no, promote no, skills no
assignment 3: special = specialist training, unit = training, automatic skill roll = comms 1, survival yes, decorate n/a, promotion yes = E9 (max enlisted NCO at sergeant major) , skill recon 1
assignment 4: command, unit = training, survival yes, decorate n/a, gonna skip promotion unless we get into the officer ranks, skill leader 1
Term 5: Reenlist yes, age 38, made all the aging rolls!
assignment 1: unit = police action, survival yes, decoration no, skill mechanic 3
assignment 2: unit = training, survival yes, decorate n/a, skill instructor 2
assignment 3: unit = counter insurgency, decorate no, skill dex to A(10)
assignment 4: unit = training, decorate n/a, skill dex to B(11)
Ah, bugger dies during term six, rolled a 3 to survive against 4+ during the second assignment, after he'd gotten up to gun combat 4. Well let's see what we'd have if we hadn't gone back in

stats: BB7869, skills: gun combat 3, instructor 2, mechanic 3, leader 1, recon 1, vacc suit 2, zero-g combat 1, vehicle 2, 5 rolls on the mustering out tables.

That's seriously way more skills than if we'd used the original book 1 tables, but possibly less in the way of promotions. Took a fuck of a lot longer too.

System :: Dungeons the Dragoning 40k 7e
Version :: 1.2
Another in the line of "so not play tested" stuff. There are several things that can give +stats and the tech priest class track is just busted (opinion). My home rules I stick "max 5 dots" on a bunch of stuff, but not all of it. Let's do the silly.
Stats: str 4+4(+1 more in power armor)=9, dex 2-2=0, con 3, int 1, wis 4+1, willpower 2, cha 1, fellowship 1-1=0, composure 3
Skills: tech use(int) 3, academic lore(int) 2, craft(int) 2, perception(wis) 1, brawling 3+1, ballistic 3, scrutiny(cmp) 3+1, animal ken(cmp) 1+1
Backgrounds: inheritance 3 (power armor), whatever 2, whatever 2

Race: Dryad, size 4 (~2 meters), +wis or +fellowship, +1 animal ken, +1 scrutiny, ability... Ok, I can't call this anything but "date rape tree jiz". Really it's labelled "Pheromones", dryads release a pollen that lets them cast the spell Charm Person (just +2k0 to social interaction with someone) using level+fellowship instead of enchantment+charisma. This means that, but the strict rules, you can push the casting and trigger warpy crap effects if you roll 10s doing it. It's... it's... I got nothing.

Exaltation: dragonblooded, gain a claw weapon of +1k1 rending to brawling, hot blooded = when taking damage from energy spend a resource point to reduce it by one wound/hp, quickening(subtype) = water (from earth/ air/ water/ fire/ wood) for +1 strength & claws gain tearing (minimum 1 wound if any damage passes armor) & spend 1 resource point to ignore normal environmental conditions (underwater/ desert heat/ arctic cold/ ice/ mud/ etc.) for the scene, darconic aura = at tell (each exaltation gets a sfx when they use resource points in a scene and this is theirs) 2 & 3 do 2k1 energy damage to your surroundings and anyone touching you at the start of every minute, then at tell 4 & 5 do it every turn, and at tell 6+ the damage is 3k2 energy. Personal equipment is excepted of course.

This shit was explained to me as "a nice bonus to grappling damage". In our game the guy who tried this exaltation set the car on fire when he used a couple resource points to get extra reactions to dodge people shooting at him. Another time the fire suppression system on a spaceship triggered when he lit up. Do you know what spaceship fire suppression looks like? You seal that section and either vent all the air or flood it with an inert gas/CO2 mix.

Resource points = level x2 & regenerate with 5 minutes of rest.... one of the things you can do with resource points is to regain hit points. This would be out of combat full regeneration except that you set your chair on fire doing it.

Power stat 1: see in darkness & +1k0 on spell casting rolls.

Class: mechwight (tech priest track, level 1). Sure, it takes 7 skill points to get into the class (tech use, academic, and craft) but at first level it gives you "Armor Proficiency (Any)", something that no other class track gives you until level 5.

600 starter xp & 100 xp from a hindrance: Slowpoke (halve dex for speed calculations), veteran of the wheel (+1 strength & +1 brawling), sturdy asset (+1 resilience), inheritance 4 (cyberwear: machinator array = +1 strength & -1 dex & +1 resilience & no swimming), Armor proficiency (power armor), blood of bahamut dragonblooded asset (+1k1 claw damage & deal explosive type damage with the claws), weapon proficiency ( basic), matron dryad racial asset (turn into an ent/treant, +1 str, +2 size, +2 armor points[bark-like skin & no stacking], -1 dex, -1 fellowship, lose the "Pheromones" ability, +2k0 brawling damage)

hp 10, resilience 7 (8 in power armor), armor 2 or 12 in power armor, defense 13 or 5 in power armor, dodge 1d10-1 = 'nope', speed 9 & run 54, perception 6k5, mental defense 20, resolve 5, devotion 6 (bahamut), resource points 2, hero points 2

Gear:...is almost pointless, it's not like you're ever taking off that armor. Claw attack 5k4 for 10k3 explosive damage, penetration 0, inflicts fatigue.

So... a skilled player can make this work. It'll never be great, you have zero social capability and you desperately need to buy up your intelligence to make any use of half your skills. In combat everything hits you. Granted it needs to do at least 12-penetration+8 damage, so you're almost close to immune to the weakest pistols and unarmed commoners punching you. But as soon as the hand axes and shotguns come out you're in danger, to say nothing of anyone with a chain sword or a bolt pistol.

System :: Champions
Version :: 3rd

It's been a long time since I made a Champions character. Alas, there's not much opportunity to play much of anything in my town but the current flavor of D&D. So it's time to get sparkly-farty! We're making a sarcastic snark unicorn.

Start with the horse stats, because there's helpfully included in case anyone needs to go cowboy in your supers game. Damn but being a horse is expensive on a 250 point budget.

Str 25, desc 15, con 20, body 16, intelligence 15, ego 15, presence 15, comeliness 20, physical defense 5, energy defense 6, speed 3, recovery 11, endurance 40, stun 40. ($75 for stats)

combat driving 11-, combat piloting 11-, concealment 11-, know: magic 11-, know: history 11-, transport familiarity (ground water air space), universal translator. ($44 for skills)

Powers
* one level of growth (persistent & always on $20)
* +3 hand to hand ($15)
* +3d6 hand attack damage by kicking ($9 & total 8d6), +double knock back only on haymakers ($2)
* +1d6 hand killing attack, no knock back & only on move by or move through attacks ($10 from 15 & total 2d6+maneuver)
* +12" running, turn mode at 4" ($20 from 24 & total 18" run)
* 7" flight, full phase to activate, gestures (running), concentration (1/2 DCV), 2x END cost ($6 from 14)
* +4 hearing perception ($8)
* detect virginity as a touch sense ($5)
* detect magic as a ranged sense ($10)
* 2d6 flash: sparkle glitter rainbow farts, all vision and smell, cone 4", non-selective, only to the rear, burnout 12-, charges 4 (spicy food + one hour), costs END ($8 from 20)
* 3d6 dispel magic, needs saved action, all magic, concentration (0 DCV), 3x END cost, incantation, activation 14- ($3 from 9)
* aid 1d6, touch of the horn, concentration (0 DCV), extra time one turn, 2x END cost, only 1 characteristic at a time, only up to the normal max ($2 from 5)
* change environment: kick out the driver's seat (modify a vehicle to be able to drive/pilot it), 2 hexes, concentration (1/2 DCV), extra time one full phase, gestures (kick/bash), constant and persistent, 3x END cost to activate ($5 from 10)
* images: looks like a regular horse or person, 2 hexes, concentration (1/2 DCV), no range, only on self, only to look like a horse or specific person ($4 from 10)
* life support, immune to age, disease, and magical environment effects ($9)
($131 for powers)

Missing Power: "screw with technology", unluck, usable on other, only on technology objects, not on an inobvious focus, not on an inaccessible focus, not on enchanted/magical anything, not on people/sapiens, needs mass increases.

Disadvantages
* distinctive, unicorn ($20)
* no hands ($25)
* no fine manipulation ($15)
* reputation, unicorn ($10)
* compulsion, common & strong, must accept non-wicked non-harmful requests from virgins ($15)
* hunted, rando unicorn horn hunters, weaker, kill/imprison 11- ($15)
* hunted, animal control/park rangers, weaker, imprison/deport 8- ($10)
* hunted, weirdo unicorn lovers, weaker, watch/interact 11- ($5)
* vulnerability, 2d6 in heavy pollution & nuclear radiation ($10)

I think I got the numbers about right. There would be some negotiations with the GM of course. Getting that many different powers on a character at useful levels is difficult, hence all the limitations on the powers. Although I admit that the "drive/pilot anything after kicking out the seat" is practically just a humor value power. And frankly, pretty much any sort of luck/unluck usable on others is kinda questionable even given pretty harsh limits.

Day 15) Mr. Blue

All this set of characters are based on the "anime" of The Neo Frontiers. The full anime series Neo Frontiers is not supposed to focus on any particular character but follows several characters throughout the course of the series. Although each one gets to be a star in one episode some just continue to follow their life. They are all interlinked around the high school "stage" characters. They will be at the level of when they first appear in the "anime".

Name: Mr. Blue
Core Trait: Human Augment Agent of the Neo Frontiers Era

He is a junior agent under Black. There are some other agents, but Blue seems to be her personal flunky (or is a total suck up... hard to tell). He dresses and tries to act like Black, but without the paygrade and years of experience. He comes off as comical, as he is always fetching coffee or noodles or doing errands for Black.

That is why in EP18 the big surprise of his highly augmented bionic status comes out. He tears through the opposition and stops a car from fleeing. It is apparent that he is Black's ace in his sleeve.

We know, because of series 2, that he is a survivor of a paranormal monster's attack. He has trouble sleeping/ dislikes sleeping because of it. We can assume the bionics were used to replace his injured limbs due to the attack.

If you are keenly observant, which I was not but the person I watched it with was, you will notice he is sometimes the school janitor or the postal worker delivering the mail to several characters' homes.

Description: Except for his moderately bulky good sized frame, He looks 12. He will be one of those people that will always look young. He does look uncomfortable in his suit, as he is constantly playing with his collar and tie.

Name: Mr. Blue
Core Trait: Human Augment Agent of the Neo Frontiers Era
Lv 3 /EP Mod 2.55x (.9 -.1 +.65 +1.1)

PHY 10 +3/7- "Tired"
DEX 10 +3/7- "Careful"
MEN 10 +3/7- "Bright"
EMO 10 +3/7- "I am not going to stop"
MPY 10 +3/7- "Not as lucky as I would like"
CHA 10 +3/7- "Looks Young"
(Is he a Non-Protagonist Character? Look at those stats. He is a classic. Like many NPCs, he has evolved past his "mook"/ extra status. )

Life Focus: COM+ATH+DEC -.1x

Bionics (Control Level is 13 (the Max before taking stress) is 9+4) +.65x
2 Full Spinal Anchor
2 Bionic Arm Level 2 (can lift a "car")
2 Bionic Legs Level 2 (medium ground vehicle speed)
1 Subdermal Kevlar Weave and plating
2 Multi Spectrum Vision
1 Kirellian Vision
2 Wide Range Hearing
1 Radio Transmit and Recieve

We don't see it until late in the series. He is a surprise.

Combative +3 "Hand to Hand Combat" "Pistol"
Athletic +3 Gymnastics
Deception +3 "Hiding" "Moving Quietly" "Slight of Hand"
Knowledge +1 "College/ General Knowledge" "Aliens" "The Paranormal" "Hypertech" "Espers"
Contacts +1"Buddies" "Agency"
Vehicle +1 "Agency Vehicles"
ESP+2 "Mental Defense"

Persona 2 "Janitor" "Postal Worker"

College: KNW+1 "College/ General Knowledge" CON+1"Buddies" +.25x

Survivor of Paranormal Event (A1) Controls Fear, adds to belief/ knowledge
Agency Training: Persona+2 +.15x

OGA Training: KNW+1 "Aliens" "The Paranormal" "Hypertech" VHL+1 "Agency Vehicles" CON+1 "Agency" +.45x

OGA ESP Training: KNW+0 Espers ESP+2 "Mental Defense" +.25

Insomniac (B1) - some night terrors due to event.

Note: He has really cheap sunglasses. It is because they do not interfere with his spectrum vision. Stirling will make a quip about his glasses. The response was, "A pair of those on my salary?"

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/#post-389775

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/#post-389976

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-2#post-390222

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-3#post-390574

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-3#post-390954

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-4#post-391345

7) Dr. (Albert) Williamson Core Trait: Human BioScience Researcher in The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-4#post-391926

8) Josh "Hornet" Williamson, Cpt Retired US/UZ SDF Human Space Marine Pilot of The Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-5#post-392416

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-6#post-392771

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-6#post-393572

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-7#post-393922

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-7#post-394625

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-7#post-395213

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-8#post-396026

15) Mr. Blue Human Augment Agent of the Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-8#post-396458

Last edited:
Day 15: Fate Accelerated Edition

I really didn't think much about his background. Curmudgeon is a violent, grumpy Muppet. He lives in a world filled with murderously violent Muppets, and that world is undergoing a cataclysm. His people, in fear of drawing the attention of their inept gods, value mediocrity or the appearance of mediocrity in all things. Curmudgeon hates mediocrity. This doesn't just put him at odds with the rulers of his society, it has a way of drawing the attention of their gods, and the consequences of that are often disastrous.
Now he, a retired general from the north, finds himself needing to lead his people away from their home, to seek safety in distant lands.

Name: General Caius "Curmudgeon" Two-Blades
Refresh: 3

High Concept: Retired Elvorix General
Trouble: The ruling council are complete idiots
Faction: Bucking the Trend
Never was any good at mediocrity.
A Northerner Through and Through

+3 Quick
+2 Forceful, Flashy
+1 Careful, Clever
+0 Sneaky

Faction Stunt: Arts of Defense [+2 to Sneakily defend with improvised shields]
Equipment Stunt: Twin Blades [Because I wield twin blades, I can Flashily attack, create advantage or overcome in my zone and adjacent zones]

Day 14 (Delayed)

System: Worlds Without Number
Version: Deluxe Edition
Publisher: Sine Nomine Publishing

System Notes: Since this system has already been presented here, I don't have much more to add about it, other than that it's an OSR system with some modifications. For chargen, I went with random attribute generation and a random background as well.

Name: Arumax (or "Max")
Class: Adventurer (Partial Warrior/Partial Expert)
Level: 1
Background: Carter

Strength 13
Dexterity 10
Constitution 10
Intelligence 11
Wisdom 13
Charisma 12

Hit Points 7
Base Attack Bonus +1 (melee and ranged)
Armor Class 14 (war shirt, large shield)

Saves: Physical 15, Evasion 15, Mental 15, Luck 15

Class Abilities:
-- Quick Learner: gain an extra skill point when advancing in level

Foci:
-- Alert 1: gain Notice as a bonus skill; cannot be surprised; others cannot use Execution attack on you; +1 to group initiative or can roll twice and use better roll for individual initiative
-- Cultured 1: gain Connect as a bonus skill; fluent in all common languages; can convey basic information in uncommon or esoteric languages; can learn new language with a week's practice with a native speaker; once per day can automatically get a minor favor from an NPC
-- Armsmaster 1: gain Stab as a bonus skill; can ready a Stowed melee or thrown weapon as an Instant action; can add Stab skill level to a melee or thrown weapon's Shock damage

Skills: Connect-1, Notice-0, Ride-1, Stab-1

Languages: fluent in all common languages; can convey basic information in uncommon or esoteric languages

Armor: War Shirt, Large Shield
Weapons: Light Spear, Dagger
Equipment: Backpack, 1 Week's Rations, Tinderbox and 3 Torches, Mule and Small Cart

Backstory: Arumax, or Max to his friends and close associates, has traveled through much of the Gyre as he's hauled cargo and mail from one settlement to another. Along the way, he's learned a lot about various local languages and customs, and has become adept at defending himself as well. In his travels, he has heard many tales of lost treasure and powerful magic hidden away in the Deeps and other obscure places in the Latter Earth, and is starting to think that he's someone well-suited to pursue them. It will be dangerous, but in much of the Gyre, that's just a normal day hauling the mail.

Jan 16

System :: X6
Version :: 2nd Edition

Another obscure freebie today: the x6 system. This one really is a hidden gem that deserves to be a lot better known than it is, so I hope you won't get too bored if I turn this into as much a system review as a character sheet presentation.

The basic mechanic could be described as "dice pool with controlled explosions". You roll a bunch of six-sided dice, depending on your skills and attributes, and count successes, with a 5 or a 6 counting as two successes and a 3 or 4 counting as one success. One of the dice is a so-called fate die- it counts towards successes as normal but additionally a 1 subtracts a success and a 6 can, if you want, spawn another fate die. This adds some wildness to the results without producing huge buckets of dice to roll.

Another aspect I like is that related skills and attributes can influence each other to affect your chances of success. Maybe you've got a good skill in something hampered by a poor attribute. In that case some of your dice get replaced by so-called greydice where 5 and 6 count for one and two successes, respectively, so your chances of success decrease. And if you have a second skill, at a high level, that could help out with the skill check you're currently making you get to add greydice to your pool. It's simple and elegant and, in particular, makes "aid another" rolls intuitive.

Character generation proceeds by a kind of two-stage point-buy system that sounds more complicated than it actually is. You have three basic kinds of stats- Attributes, Skills, and Assets- each of which have their own point pool that you can buy them from. Attributes and Skills are self-explanatory; Assets are things like powerful allies, great wealth, and extensive networks of informants. If you want to emphasize social connections by having lots of points in Assets, you can do that by increasing your point-buy pool in Assets at the cost of having smaller pools for Skills and Attributes.

Skills and Attributes come with specialties. For example, Lightning Reflexes is a level 3 Dexterity specialty that you can buy once your Dex attribute is at level 3. It gives you certain bonuses to dodge and initiative rolls. Buying specialties is cheaper than upgrading the skill or attribute, but only affects a limited subset of rolls. They are a neat way of customising and specialising your character. On top of that, they can influence each other by adding or downgrading to greydice as I mentioned above, so you get a lot of interesting combinations out of a fairly light-weight system.

Combat isn't something I've delved into too deeply since I was focusing on character creation for this post. But it has a distinct GURPSy feel to it, logical and crammed with options for the player, and with combat rounds that feel a bit shorter than, say, D&D.

I'm really quite impressed with this system. I can easily see it becoming one of my standard options if I want to run a medium-weight system, provided it survives a playtest. Even the rule book is attractive, 32 pages of simple, clear text in a sleek and minimalist layout. There's an on-line character generator at https://www.ramzypro.net/x6/

With that little mini review out of the way, here is my character. Everyone, meet Toshiro Kiriyama.

Priorities
- Attributes: 3 (16)
- Skills: 4 (20)
- Assets: 2 (2)

------------------------------------
Wound Thresholds
-Minor: 15
-Serious: 30
-Critical: 50

Attributes
- Strength: 3
- Dexterity: 2
- Reason: 1
- Intuition: 2
- Willpower: 2
- Charisma: 1

Attribute Specialties
+ Strength Specialties
-- Strong: 1
-- Vitality: 1
+ Dexterity Specialties
-- Lithe: 4
-- Quick Draw: 1
-- Quick Reload: 1
+ Intuition Specialties
-- Consistent Performer: 1
-- Smart: 2
+ Willpower Specialties
-- Driven: 1

Skills
- Athletics: 1
- Business: 1
- Demolitions: 3
- Drive: 1
- Education: 1
- Etiquette: 2
- Firearms: 2
- Investigation: 1
- Perception: 1
- Persuasion: 1
- Science: 4
- Stealth: 1

Skill Specialties
+ Firearms Specialties
-- Handgun Expert: 1
-- Recoil Control: 1

Assets
- Network: 2

System Tiny Dungeon
Version 2E

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 5.39.11 PM.png

Grom, male Brown Karhu (bear person)
Family Background: Bee Keeper
Belief: Protect the little guy

1st level
7 Hit Points
Heritage Trait: Powerful Claws, start with claws as a Mastered Weapon but cannot use ranged weapons.
Traits:
Armor Master - Grom is an expert with all forms of armor and his armor will absorb 3 hit points before damage is taken off his personal hit points. Once used those 3 hit points must be repaired which takes 8 hours.
Beast Speaker - able to communicate with animals
Defender - if an adjacent ally is hit prior to their Evade Test Grom can choose to be the target of the attack.
Weapon Proficiency: Claws (Master), Heavy Melee Group (Proficient), Heavy Weapon War Hammer (Master)
Equipment 10 GP, Adventure's Kit, leather armor and war hammer

Version :: SWADE

dwarf-rigger.jpg

Mickey "Wrightman"
Race: Dwarf
Pace: 5
Parry: 4
Size: 0
Toughness: 5

AGILITY D6
SMARTS D10
SPIRIT D4
STRENGTH D6
VIGOR D6

Skills:
Athletics* d6
Common Knowledge* d6
Notice* d4
Persuasion* d4
Stealth* d4
Electronics d6
Fighting d4
Repair d8
Rigging (Drone Operation) d6
Shooting d6
*Free at d4

Hindrances:
Reduced Pace (-1")*
Cautious (Minor)
Stubborn (Minor)
*Racial

Edges:
Infravision*
Tough (+1d to Vigor)*
Mr. Fix it
*Racial

Concept: Dwarven rigger and mechanic from Shadowrun.

Character: 16
Game: MASHED
System: PbtA

Name: Theo Armstrong
Nickname: Slick
Playbook: Cutter
Role: Operator

Uniform: Immaculate
Face: Handsome
Eyes: Tired
Hair: Crew Cut
Build: Skinny
Voice: Loud

Luck: +1
Nerve: +0
Skill: +2
Tough: -1

Moves

Choice Cut. Take +1 ongoing to Treat moves to operate on the head.

Wheeler Dealer When you scrounge for something, seek out one of your contacts (e.g., your counterpart in another camp, or a black marketer) and roll +luck. On a 10+, they have exactly what you need, or close enough. On 7-9, you’re told about someone else who may have what you need but with strings attached. On a miss, you may get no help at all, or your attempts may get you in over your head with the Army or some less scrupulous organization.

Background

Slick is a callous womaniser and a general user of people. He always has a deal or two on the side and is a stranger to honesty. He only gets away with it because he's one of the best damn surgeons in MASH 8099.

Day 15

Meet MARGE: ASSASSIN!
Marge.jpg
(source!)

System: Neon City Overdrive
System: 1

Trademarks
Joy: Beautiful; Flexible; Empathy Matrix; Enhanced Antibodies; Cyber Camera; Poker Face; Ghost Chip
Paladin: Awareness; Stand Firm; Defend; Shoot; Loner; Righteous Fury; Kick Ass; Grafted Muscles; Swords; Take A Hit; Intimidate; Inspire Others
Revhead: Drive; Push A Machine To Its Limits; Machine Interface; Drive Offensive; Wired Reflexes; Knows A Shortcut; Shoot While Driving; Repair

Edges: Beautiful; Righteous Fury; Drive Offensive; Swords

Flaws: Altruistic; Former Property of the Monster

Drive: Destroy the Burn

Stunt Points: 3
Hit Track: 3

Margaret Simpson never should have taken that job.

She had no choice. Lisa's medical bills were piling up, and the family was facing eviction. Homer's job at Burns Power Unlimited (nicknamed "the Burn") wasn't enough to cover the family's expenses any more. He had an inside track on an opening at the Burn, a position that hadn't been posted yet, and Margaret was able to massage her resume enough to get hired. Together with Homer's salary, this would be enough to keep the family afloat, at least for now.

The Burn was named for its founder and owner, Monty "the Monster" Burns. His nickname was well-earned; he had a reputation as a harsh and even cruel boss, willing to do anything to get what he wanted. And when he saw Margaret while doing a worksite walkthrough, he decided that he wanted her.

The Monster tried to be reasonable at the start, at least for him. He pored through Margaret's social media history to learn everything he could about her, then sent his black ops squad to abduct her favourite singer. He demanded that Margaret work late, then surprised her with a private concert, planning to impress her with his power and influence. Margaret was impressed but unmoved. She told Burns that she loved Homer and her family and would never leave them.

The Monster shrugged and gestured. His manservant gassed Margaret, knocking her out. Burns sent her down for 'treatment,' and sent hired goons out to finish off the other Simpsons. Margaret was subjected to reprogramming by Project: Gamblor, a secret Burns Power operation, and emerged the perfect partner: beautiful, absolutely devoted to Burns, and a deadly bodyguard/assassin. Her family had simply disappeared, so there was no one left to ask what had happened.

Margaret spent several months as a brainwashed plaything of the Monster. One day Burns had a business meeting in person with the Partie, a cutting-edge hacker Burns was hoping to hire to stage online attacks against Burns' rival the Texan. Zero recognized Margaret. He had known her years ago when he was still just salaryman Artie Ziff, before her marriage, and had been in love with her. He kept his composure during the meeting and agreed to work for Burns in order to get some level of access to the Burn's network. He then hired and led a mercenary strike team, the Molemen, on a mission to get Margaret out.

When Margaret was deprogrammed and learned what had happened, she vowed revenge against the Monster. She has used the skills and abilities built into her to carry out devastating attacks against Burns Power sites, assassinating several high-level executives. Determined not to let anyone else suffer at the hands of the Burn or similar megacorps, she hires herself out to those who need help at whatever prices they can afford. She has not adopted a streetname; she uses 'Marge' in memory of Homer, who called her that.

If you're in trouble with a megacorp and things might get bloody, call on Marge: Assassin for help. Then it will get bloody.

Day 15
System :: Sword of Cepheus
Version :: 1st edition?

Captain Vargus the Whale
Background : rural village

STR: 11
DEX: 6
CON: 8
INT: 6
EDU: 6
SOC: 8

Skills: (1) - Riding, Archery, Athletics, Language,
Jack o' Trades, Carousing, Survival,
Leadership, Watercraft.
(2) Melee Combat, Medicine

Coins: 500 gold
Items: Ship, Weapons x 2
Other: Ally, Enemy
Events: Travel, Bored X2, Outpost, Very Bored, Thief.

Note: height have some more level 0 skills.

I keep saying tomorrow - I'm forcing myself today to get started.

Jan 16, 2023

Bridgers is a game I created for the 24 Hour RPG contest on RPG Geek. It's my only entry that has placed in the top 3. The game is set in the forgotten city of Hriskalt- a sprawling metropolis split into wards that are patchwork places out of reality. No one knows why they are there, and no one seems to care. The truth of the city is known only to a few- that this city on the edge of this reality and the next serves as a buttress between worlds- and for a scant few hours each night, they both spill over into each other. The PCs number in those that know this truth- they are known as Bridgers. They try to save the city in spite of the fact that those that govern the city view them as threats.

Name: Sige Tull

Background: Sige Tull is not someone you'd want to meet in an alleyway. At 6'5” tall, carrying 260# of pure muscle with dark hair, a scar that starts above his left eyebrow and goes down to his right cheek bisecting his face, and a nose that has been broken too often, he looks a brutish thug, and he is. But unlike many thugs, he's very aware of how anti-social his actions are, and has no dissonance that he is not a good man. Indeed, the intelligence behind that brutish exterior allows him to gain advantage on many that take him at face value. He is very loyal to those that gain his trust, and true to his word once given- which is why he doesn't give it often. He works as a bouncer at The Broken Corner, an inn in on of the more medieval areas.

Spheres

Brutal: 3
Insightful: 2
Bold: 0
Precise: 1
Swift: 2

Actions

Enduring: Normal
Fighting: Strong
Knowing: Normal
Making: Weak
Moving: Strong
Driving: Weak
Talking: Normal
Sneaking: Normal

Expertise: 1
Awakening: 2

Tags: Sige Tull is a Monstrously Huge man that works as a Bouncer. He has a good gauge of situations, and is swift to violence. Though he is a rough sort, he has a code of honor.

Full Writeup and Notes on Character: https://write.as/chuckdee/character-a-day-2023-bridgers

Version ::SWADE

hacker_zer0_by_pascaldejong_db7ewvw-fullview.jpg

Roxy Doxy
Race
: Orc
Pace: 6
Parry: 3
Size: 0
Toughness: 4

AGILITY D6
SMARTS D8
SPIRIT D8
STRENGTH D6
VIGOR D4

Skills:
Athletics* d4
Common Knowledge* d4
Notice* d4
Persuasion* d8
Stealth* d4
Electronics d4
Hacking d8
Language (Multi) d6
Performance d4
Research d6
Shooting d4
*Free at d4

Hindrances:
Outsider (Minor)*
Cautious (Minor)
Enemy (Major; Doxxed a business exec of a Megacorp; now he's out for blood, constantly sending goons against her)
Mild Mannered (Minor)
*Racial

Edges:
Infravision*
Strong (+1d to Strength)*
Attractive
Streetwise
*Racial

Concept: Rare, play-against-type, cute orc girl socialite, who's the group's Decker, as well as its Face.

Day 16: Barbarians of Lemuria

He's a pirate. First mate to captain "Reaper" Royston. He grew up poor and miserable, and he's taken to a life of taking what he wants and doing as he pleases to make his life less miserable. He loves sea to his very bones. He revels in the thrill of piracy, the chasing and taking down of prey. And he loves prey of another sort: pretty redheads. Whether they're married makes no difference. Thus, he is sometimes called Byram the Sea Dog, and the Scourge of the Reds.

Code:
Name: Byram Jaymes
Lifeblood: 12     Hero points: 5

Strength:   2     Initiative:  1
Agility:    1     Melee:       2
Mind:       0     Ranged:      0
Appeal:     1     Defence:     1

Sailor:     2     Thief:       1
Mercenary:  1     Beggar:      0

Boons:
Escape Artist
Friends in Low Places

Banes:
Hot-Headed

pirate.jpg

Day 15 (Delayed)

System: Rider
Version: N/A
Publisher: Independence Games

System Notes: This is another Cepheus Engine Wild West game. It's somewhat different than the previous one I posted, Under Western Skies, in that it has significantly more detailed character creation (with more careers, an expectation for multiple careers, lots of cascade skills, etc). I like both of them, and if I ran either, I'd probably borrow things from the other.

Name: Per Pedersen
Law Enforcement 2/Stagecoacher (Shotgun) 2/Gunslinger 2/Clergy (Missionary) 1
Background: Midwestern Farmer

STR 12
DEX 10
END 7
INT 8
EDU 3
CHA 7

Skills:
Admin-0
Advocate (Legal-1, Oratory-0)
Animals (Farming-1, Riding-0)
Athletics (Coordination-0)
Carouse-1
Deception (Lie-0)
Diplomat-1
Draw-1
Drive (Stagecoach-1)
Gun Combat (Revolver-2, Shotgun-1)
Interrogate (Questioning-0)
Investigate-0
Language (English-5, Norwegian-2, Spanish-1)
Navigation-0
Persuade-1
Recon-1
Stealth-1
Streetwise-0
Survival (Plains-0)
Tactics (Military-0)

$230, 2 Allies (County Sheriff Robert Killian, Gun-for-Hire Alice Smythe), Contact (Stagecoach Driver Jose Plata), Bible

Backstory: Per was born to a Norwegian immigrant farmer family in Iowa. He was just slightly too young to be drafted into the military during the Civil War, but since many men were off fighting, he was able to become a deputy in a nearby town when he came of age to fill a needed spot. He enjoyed the work, but after about eight years, he was dismissed when new leadership were elected in the town that wanted to fill key roles with their own supporters. Disillusioned, he headed west, and took work with a stagecoach line riding shotgun. This career also came to an abrupt end about five years later, when he was unjustly blamed for the death of his driver in an ambush (despite saving the lives of all of the passengers). Pedersen then wandered for a long time as a gun-for-hire, until one day he experienced a religious conversion and decided to become a missionary. Despite his newfound zeal, though, Pedersen found the work even more dangerous than carrying a gun for a living, and was injured and scarred after a bad fall on a steep hillside. He sees this as a sign that maybe the wilderness life is not for him, but is not sure what exactly he should be doing for a living now. He doesn't really want to use his excellent aim and fast draw, but he still can if it comes to it.

Day 16 Ms. Alzonz

Name: Ms. Alzonz
Core Trait: Human Social Worker of the Neo Frontiers Era

Her backstory is fairly common. Went to school. Got a government job. Has worked for like 10 years. Obviously has not gotten married or seemingly had a notable relationship. Instead, she has pets and a horse.

She exists as both a bit of world-building and as a way for characters to be explained. She is seen having conversations with all the girls at one point or another in the series. These conversations, like the ones with Buddy, give the characters a way to express who and what they are.

As for world-building, it shows that the UZ inserts itself into local lives. Social workers are here to make sure "you are not at risk" and that you are getting the resources you need. (People who need to take "Human Class" probably are at risk for crime or personal problems). She also is a source of information to the UZ, the Military, and Agencies, but that may be because of her "special students". She is not the only social worker we see, as we see one for the neighborhood (probably several) after the storms in EP09, but she is assigned to the school and the "youth". Note: Social Workers also are social organizers and coordinators, working with the people and the local/ zone administration. This implies a somewhat socialist system with capitalistic elements layered on top. The Zone and United governmental systems seem to be very oriented in making things go smoothly at a local level. It also implies that the UZ has more social guidelines/ policies than laws.

One last thing of note: She is seen to have very odd pet cats, exaggerated feline features/build and almost unnatural colors. It is hard to say if this was just an animation choice or a story choice. This one throwaway scene is why the setting has Neopets. It is hard to say if her cats are biologic synthetic animals or meken. (Companion's Disease was added to help explain things and fit the pandemic prone setting.) The same could be said for her Horse. She obviously gets paid well as she never seems to take care of it, obviously paying the stable to do it. Or the horse is a Meken that is plugged in for its upkeep.

Description: Very non-descript person of latinex descent. She wears her hair up in a bun all the time. During the work day, she seems to be in the same mauve suit dress and heels. The only times we see her in off hours, she is wearing equestrian wear.

Name: Ms. Alzonz
Core Trait: Human Social Worker of the Neo Frontiers Era
Lv 3 /EP Mod .6x (1. -.4x)

Primary Aspects
PHY 10 +3/7- "Athletic"
DEX 10 +3/7- "Athletic"
MEN 10 +3/7- "College Graduate"
EMO 12 +3/7- "Empathetic"
MPY 10 +3/7- "Baptized"
CHA 12 +3/7- "Sociable"

Life Focus: CMU +CFT +ANI -.4x

Animal Handler+3 "Pets", "Horses"
Communication+3: "Conversation", "Interview"
Contact +1 "College Friends" "Zone Government"
Craft+3 "Office Work"
Knowledge +1 "College/ General Knowledge"

College: KNW+1 "College/ General Knowledge" CON+1"College Friends" +.25x

15) Mr. Blue Human Augment Agent of the Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-8#post-396458

16) Ms. Alzonz Human Social Worker of the Neo Frontiers Era
https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/2023-character-creation-challenge.8573/page-8#post-397079

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back