24hrs in any realm/universe you want. Where, why, and what do you do?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

C-Moon

Suzerain Infomancer
Reaction score
Just a fun hypothetical! You can go to any TTRPG universe/realm/plane of existence, where do you go, why do you go there and what do you do while you're there?

Anywhere you want for any reason 5e, SWADE, Suzerain, Cthulhu, Warhammer etc. just has to be TTRPG!

For me:

Either Waterdeep city from 5e, because I'd love to see it in person and just go about seeing all the D&D-ified everyday stuff! I'd likely try and find one of every non-human, just to meet them and see how they are irl.

OR

Suzerain (yes I have a bias) but the Untamed Empires sound too rad, the idea of post-apocalypse 18th-century technology battles is too good for me to not put as an answer!

Glorantha. I'd go see some gods manifest and witness the OTT cult rituals and a Heroquest.

Shadowrun after that, to see a world with high technology and magic. Probably try to see a dragon and risk a trip to Tenochtitlan.

Close runner up would be Wraith's Stygia, the giant city of the dead that mixes ruins from thousands of ancient cities into a mega-necropolis.

Last edited:
Endless Flight Endless Flight Thank you! Sorry if I've dived into hypotheticals too quickly, I've never really had the chance to get into forums. So I'm new to the format.

Séadna Séadna Cult rituals sound rad! Shadowrun would be a cool one for sure.

Bunch Bunch Classic, I dig it.

Probably Greyhawk as detailed in the 2e boxset. Would be safer than Skullport which would be my second choice.

In terms of what I'd do...probably hit the taverns, tour some temples, y'know the usual tourist stuff.

Last edited:
HI @ C-Moon C-Moon and welcome to the board.

The answer depends on whether I am visiting as myself or not.

• If I can be a fighter with speed strength and stamina to shame an NFL linebacker, I'd travel 150 light years to the alien world of Carcosa to explore the wastes with a gang of dinosaur-riding nomad chicks.
  • If I can be a mighty sorcerer I would travel 5 billion years into the future to explore the greatest secrets of Hyperborea by the light of our bloated and dying sun.
  • If I am myself I would enter the world of Stars Without Number to try out a combat drop as a space marine, following up with a visit to the most luxurious and beautiful pleasure planet TL5 can offer.

HI @ C-Moon C-Moon and welcome to the board.

The answer depends on whether I am visiting as myself or not.

• If I can be a fighter with speed strength and stamina to shame an NFL linebacker, I'd travel 150 light years to the alien world of Carcosa to explore the wastes with a gang of dinosaur-riding nomad chicks.
  • If I can be a mighty sorcerer I would travel 5 billion years into the future to explore the greatest secrets of Hyperborea by the light of our bloated and dying sun.
  • If I am myself I would enter the world of Stars Without Number to try out a combat drop as a space marine, following up with a visit to the most luxurious and beautiful pleasure planet TL5 can offer.

That is something I've not considered! Great answers though, Space Marine combat for sure sounds brilliant

oooh...Star Trek the Next Generation. I'm getting my diabetes cured and my eyes upgraded to 20/20, blood pressure and asthma cured. Heck, they can probably do it by running me through the transporter once. Of course, that raises the question of whether that's really me on the other end but what the hell.

I’m not sure I’d survive 24 hours in the sort of setting I enjoy playing in.

But I might enjoy Mystara a bit, strolling through the streets of Thyatis, riding on an Alphatian sky ship and perhaps mixing it up in Glantri City.

I also like the idea of working for a day in a hospital in the cozier parts of the Eclipse Phase universe like a Venusian cloud city, or Luna, or the more settled places in Mars. Maybe I could be resleeved into a specialized morph and learn a few tricks to bring home. Or get my health issues fixed like David Johansen David Johansen

Spelljammer. I'm not coming back. Roughly, I'm going to start by becoming a Bard/(Alien) Druid/Soulknife... and I am most likely going to come to a very bad end.

If I absolutely, positively Can. Not. stay past the 24 hour limit... Star Trek. I am doing precisely nothing interesting. I'm going to spend my allotted 24 hours taking advantage of 24th century medicine to the hilt, first having the Federation doctors diagnose and repair everything with my body and my mind, and then buying every biological enhancement the Orion Syndicate is capable of performing-- money is no object, I'll repay all of your money plus interest tomorrow.

oooh...Star Trek the Next Generation. I'm getting my diabetes cured and my eyes upgraded to 20/20, blood pressure and asthma cured. Heck, they can probably do it by running me through the transporter once. Of course, that raises the question of whether that's really me on the other end but what the hell.
Gonna go with ST TNG as well... Use a replicator, replicate myself enough gold and diamonds to buy an island and retire in luxury when I got back... also look up the next 5 or 6 inning lottery tickets from this year. The rest... starships, holodecks, etc... that is just gravy.

Well, since any setting that's the least bit hardcore would probably kill me, I think I'll say Blue Rose. Being a tourist in the city of Aldis might be fun, there's bound to be all sorts of interesting arcana-based performance arts. And possibly you could pet a rhy-cat if you asked nicely first. :grin:

Marvel Universe - Latveria. I team up with Dr. Doom. Get super-powers as a minion. Backstab him and get the help of the Fantastic Four to defeat him, and gain my freedom. I use my newfound powers to save the Marvel Universe from itself as it melts down due to extradimensional weaksauce which I explain to Reed Richards is the "Dark Matter" that's eroding most of the comic-book multiverses away. And I know the true source of it - whereby I enlist his vast intellect to send me home.

At which point when I arrive I will be the only meta-human on the planet... Let the New Order commence.

24 hours simply isn't enough time to really see much, so I say party, Middle Earth, as a guest at Bilbo's 111th birthday. Plenty of good food, and allegedly a great fireworks display.

Runners up are the Ent's attack on Orthank or Smaug on his treasure pile in the Lonely mountain, but I'm a lot less likely to end up with my head on a stick or in the belly of a dragon at a hobbit's birthday party.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back