3d printers for minis and terrain.

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Reaction score
Latest stuff

there was some very serious stringing on the Temple of Set, as you can see from the pile of bits next to the coke can. I've since altered my settings a bit

and what is on the printer (friday morning release) - this is more than half a roll of filament, but the detail will be good (.12mm is solid for FDM) and it'll be strong (3 walls @ .8mm, 10% infill)

That is the most overbuilt banana holder I've ever seen. Seems like it's going to take up a lot of space in the kitchen.

Raleel

Not actually a Mythras sales bot
Reaction score
I've got a friend with a resin printer. he does the mins, i do the terrain. here's a hill giant (an enlarged hero forge half orc mini) that I provided to him to print

Raleel

Reaction score
After some hardship with it, I just upgraded to a direct drive. Currently trying out my first serious print, but so far, I have noticed no serious issues, and I should be able to print TPU

Bunch

Reaction score
TPU?

So by direct drive am I correct that's getting rid of the Bowden tube?

Raleel

Reaction score
TPU?

So by direct drive am I correct that's getting rid of the Bowden tube?
TPU is a rubbery material. Often it is used to make phone cases. And yes, it getseid of almost all of the Bowden tube. There is a tiny (2”) piece there. This allows TPU to be printed because you have much Greater control - no flexing, better force for pushing filament, etc. we will see how it is in the morning.

Bunch

Reaction score
TPU is a rubbery material. Often it is used to make phone cases. And yes, it getseid of almost all of the Bowden tube. There is a tiny (2”) piece there. This allows TPU to be printed because you have much Greater control - no flexing, better force for pushing filament, etc. we will see how it is in the morning.
I've heard that the extra weight right there at the print head can cause issues. Please do report back if there is any truth to that.

Raleel

Reaction score
I've heard that the extra weight right there at the print head can cause issues. Please do report back if there is any truth to that.
well i printed part of the Hero Me mod last night and didn't see any of the ringing issues that I've heard about as well. I also did a couple of level tests and a speed test. The last is where I would have expected it, and it was fine. I did spend some extra time tightening the eccentric nuts to get it really solid.

thus far, it has been a good upgrade. just working on stringing settings.