A heraldry resource

joetheok

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted before, if it has I apologize, but for drawing heraldic coats of arms, I have been beguiled for some days with drawshield.net.
One can draw from typing a heraldic description or one can trust to luck and have the program put together a random coat of arms. Very handy for generating coats of arms for player characters or others as needed.

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Reaction score
Awesome. Makes me want to play Pendragon just so I have an excuse to generate lots of coats of arms.

joetheok

Reaction score
My thought exactly. I am using it in my medieval fantasy game to sort out some noble family issues--this plus the family tree article for Harn on Lythia.com makes a handy combination.

Dumarest

Reaction score
I could do this all day...damn you!
crow.jpgducks.jpgoak.jpgdiamond.jpgeagle.jpgflower.jpg

Last edited:

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Reaction score

"Murrey a Fleece Argent in base a Plough on a chief wavy Or an Open Book proper bound Murrey edged and clasped Or between a Pall Azure charged with Four Crosses formy fitchy Or and a Cross Flory Azure."

That's the blazon for the coat of arms of the university I did my bachelor's at. Unfortunately the site doesn't understand what a fleece argent is (that's the dead sheep in the middle) so it didn't work.

Needless to say, I've reported this heinous omission to the site's administrators.

Last edited:

joetheok

Reaction score
In the United States the connection between the university accounts receivable office and the fleece would be so obvious as to demand its inclusion in the on-line heraldic corpus, but somehow it got overlooked. Oh well.

soltakss

Legendary Member
Reaction score
The shields are fantastic, just need to work out how to get the heraldry to work. I might just have to type something in and see what it does.

Dumarest

Reaction score
The shields are fantastic, just need to work out how to get the heraldry to work. I might just have to type something in and see what it does.
Be forewarned the "Go Back a Step" button on the "Build up a Shield from Parts" section actually makes you start all over again rather than letting you undo your last choice.

joetheok

Reaction score
I usually start with a random one and add or subtract bits in the editing box (transfer first)/