A heraldry resource

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

joetheok

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted before, if it has I apologize, but for drawing heraldic coats of arms, I have been beguiled for some days with drawshield.net.
One can draw from typing a heraldic description or one can trust to luck and have the program put together a random coat of arms. Very handy for generating coats of arms for player characters or others as needed.

Awesome. Makes me want to play Pendragon just so I have an excuse to generate lots of coats of arms.

My thought exactly. I am using it in my medieval fantasy game to sort out some noble family issues--this plus the family tree article for Harn on Lythia.com makes a handy combination.

I could do this all day...damn you!
crow.jpgducks.jpgoak.jpgdiamond.jpgeagle.jpgflower.jpg

Last edited:

"Murrey a Fleece Argent in base a Plough on a chief wavy Or an Open Book proper bound Murrey edged and clasped Or between a Pall Azure charged with Four Crosses formy fitchy Or and a Cross Flory Azure."

That's the blazon for the coat of arms of the university I did my bachelor's at. Unfortunately the site doesn't understand what a fleece argent is (that's the dead sheep in the middle) so it didn't work.

Needless to say, I've reported this heinous omission to the site's administrators.

Last edited:
In the United States the connection between the university accounts receivable office and the fleece would be so obvious as to demand its inclusion in the on-line heraldic corpus, but somehow it got overlooked. Oh well.

The shields are fantastic, just need to work out how to get the heraldry to work. I might just have to type something in and see what it does.

The shields are fantastic, just need to work out how to get the heraldry to work. I might just have to type something in and see what it does.
Be forewarned the "Go Back a Step" button on the "Build up a Shield from Parts" section actually makes you start all over again rather than letting you undo your last choice.

I usually start with a random one and add or subtract bits in the editing box (transfer first)/

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back