A.I. Imaging

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks; I haven’t tried dream.ai yet.

For some reason, a couple pictures I did with another system looked nice but they keep coming out cropped. I’ll see what happens when I send them through dream.ai.

These are the ones I like best so far.

5164F25B-74AB-40B6-B9E4-EC5B5B4DF4EE.jpegDB34018C-4881-4684-B4FE-7CECB9E5BE4F.jpeg

Wombo, dream.ai, is... kinda low end? Its free but it has a very specific size and... scale?.. to what it produces with no way I saw to change things like portrait/landscape picture size ratios. I don't know if it accepts some of the more specific prompts that other generators use.

I think the ones above were from the huggingface instance of stablediffusion. I put one in as a reference for dream.ai but I wasn’t blown away by the results.

apparently Paizo is taken a stand against AI art today, at least according t this image making the rounds on social media...

FqYHrojXwAAily9.jpg

I dunno, the wording is odd to me - how do they "ban" themselves from doing something? If they don't want to use AI art in their products, they just don't use it. That's not a "ban". And "their marketplaces" means what - their webstore? well, yea, if they arent publishing products with AI art, then they won't be selling products with AI art...again, not a "ban", ust a choice. But I guess that doesn't sound as dramatic? And why the use of plural?

apparently Paizo is taken a stand against AI art today, at least according t this image making the rounds on social media...

View attachment 57304

I dunno, the wording is odd to me - how do they "ban" themselves from doing something? If they don't want to use AI art in their products, they just don't use it. That's not a "ban". And "their marketplaces" means what - their webstore? well, yea, if they arent publishing products with AI art, then they won't be selling products with AI art...again, not a "ban", ust a choice. But I guess that doesn't sound as dramatic? And why the use of plural?
Is there an equivalent to DMsGuild for Paizo?

I dunno, the wording is odd to me - how do they "ban" themselves from doing something? If they don't want to use AI art in their products, they just don't use it. That's not a "ban".
No, but if you are selling something third party in their store, it is a ban. And if you just don’t use AI art in your product, you can’t communicate to others that is a stance you have taken.

I think in this case you have fallen into a headline, because the actual tweet says nothing about marketplaces at all.

No, but if you are selling something third party in their store, it is a ban. And if you just don’t use AI art in your product, you can’t communicate to others that is a stance you have taken.

I think in this case you have fallen into a headline, because the actual tweet says nothing about marketplaces at all.

Yeah, I just encountered the headline.

K, took a bit t find their actual "tweet"...

FqJ_HOWXgB4oOf6.jpg

For my experimental ChatGPT-assisted module, it was only logical to use stable diffusion for the cover and interior art. It's pretty good in "engraving in style of Gustave Dore" pieces.

TDyfuJi.jpg
0KKtEpd.jpg

Personally, I think this is a moral decision everyone has to make for themselves. The fact is the tool exists, there's no going back and there's nothing that's going to stop anyone from using it. The only thing I would insist on is that any product that uses AI art (that is not substantially reworked afterwards by a human artist), be clearly identified so that consumers can make informed opinions about their purchases. I very much appreciate that DriveThruRPG has already adopted this model, and I hope it becomes common practice, if not enshrined in law.
It won’t be enshrined in law anytime soon, because it saves corporations money. At the point the AI passes an artistic Turing Test, there will probably be a couple levels of AI and the stuff that costs real processing power will become “regulated”, ie. taken out of the hands of anyone not a megacorp.

I’m thinking about using ChatGPT to create an Orwellian near-future dystopian timeline using historical precedent and then just using it to predict stuff. :devil:

The real fun is gonna be when AI stock prediction becomes better than 50% accurate.

The good thing is, as long as “AI” is only pattern-matching datasets, it’s only going to kill us all by an accident any two-year old knew not to do. Err, so maybe not so good a thing. :dead:

It won’t be enshrined in law anytime soon, because it saves corporations money.

i cant imagine they're happy with being forced to list ingredients, dangerous chemicals, or possible side effects/safety on products either, but we don't live in a megacorpocracy yet. Especially not up here in the Great White North

i cant imagine they're happy with being forced to list ingredients, dangerous chemicals, or possible side effects/safety on products either, but we don't live in a megacorpocracy yet. Especially not up here in the Great White North
Hmm, your dystopia looks like it will be more like a traditional gov’t tyranny for your own good kinda thing, but I can’t help but think that’s a head fake. :devil:

Lol since when did Corpos actually care about maintaining the “integrity” of the little people? Their “anti-AI” stance is just posturing. Cue meme of corpos having rainbow logos during pride month… except in certain countries because $$$.

People on Twitter are so fucking gullible.

Lol since when did Corpos actually care about maintaining the “integrity” of the little people? Their “anti-AI” stance is just posturing. Cue meme of corpos having rainbow logos during pride month… except in certain countries because $$$.

People on Twitter are so fucking gullible.
They don’t care about maintaining the integrity of the little people, they care about keeping on the good side of their customer’s social media antics.

Want to see the latest result? This entire PDF adventure (for Cha'alt, released yesterday, and free, BTW) was illustrated with Midjourney A.I.

Take a look. Visually, it's one of my best works (and from a scenario design standpoint, as well)... https://moordereht.com/product/the-violet-haunted-crypt/

If I didn't have Midjourney, there'd be no more than 3 illustrations in the entire thing... and 1 or 2 of them probably wouldn't be as high of quality (depending on which artists were available during my time-frame)... and I probably wouldn't be releasing this for free.

Want to see the latest result? This entire PDF adventure (for Cha'alt, released yesterday, and free, BTW) was illustrated with Midjourney A.I.

Take a look. Visually, it's one of my best works (and from a scenario design standpoint, as well)... https://moordereht.com/product/the-violet-haunted-crypt/

If I didn't have Midjourney, there'd be no more than 3 illustrations in the entire thing... and 1 or 2 of them probably wouldn't be as high of quality (depending on which artists were available during my time-frame)... and I probably wouldn't be releasing this for free.
Those are actually quite impressive pieces. If you hadn’t told me they were AI, I would not have noticed. Good prompts, that’s for sure.

The second pic belongs in the thread for posting images that inspire a campaign.

The second pic belongs in the thread for posting images that inspire a campaign.
Given that my finalized Dungeons the Dragoning setting will need at least 300 pics, I've been storing up stuff like that.

It needs one more flying thing between the helicopter and the flying monster, half-copter, half-winged lizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back