A Pub Update in Metrics

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I always thought I was a Slytherin myself. Turns out the consensus is that im a nerd and thus... Ravenclaw.
I want parcel tongue though. :sad:

So, any recent numbers to comment on and obsess over?

I don’t really follow Alexa ranks anymore. One month out of the blue we dropped like a rock and then I did some research and found out that Alexa toolbars installed on people’s browsers are how they figure out their rankings. If there’s no one who reads your site that doesn’t have a toolbar installed on their browser then there’s no hard numbers and then they just fudge your rank; ie you drop.

I don’t really follow Alexa ranks anymore. One month out of the blue we dropped like a rock and then I did some research and found out that Alexa toolbars installed on people’s browsers are how they figure out their rankings. If there’s no one who reads your site that doesn’t have a toolbar installed on their browser m that there’s no hard numbers and then they just fudge your rank.

Plus they discontinued ranking by category, so you can't look at "top tabletop RPG" sites anymore. There's an essay about why on their site I couldn't be bothered to read

Anyhoo, the Pub's been pretty nice lately

The best way to see how the Pub is doing is to google RPG related topics and see where we rank in their listings.

The best way to figure out how the Pub is doing is count the number of good memes, divide by the complainers, and then laugh uproariously regardless of the result. I'm working on a trademark for that metric.

The best way to figure out how the Pub is doing is count the number of good memes, divide by the complainers, and then laugh uproariously regardless of the result. I'm working on a trademark for that metric.
The Swo scale. I believe you can acutely read that with a Swo'ometer.

Last edited:
It has been very Swo lately, as Tristram alluded to earlier.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but i was poking you about the difference between elude and allude. Grammar nazi FTW. Sorry.

Oh, yeah I caught that. I just never edited my post. :clown:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back