A Pub Update in Metrics

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
We are #2 on feedspot’s list of top 15 RPG forums, right behind TBP.

We are #2 on feedspot’s list of top 15 RPG forums, right behind TBP.

We have a lot more than 4 post a day and the big purple has more than 16 a day

I've poked around on /r/rpg occasionally, usually when it pops up when I'm searching for something. It's not horrible, but it's not great either. The threaded format of reddit lends itself to long, tedious back-and-forth arguments. It also makes it hard to keep track of who's who, so it's more difficult to build a sense of community. But that's just the way Reddit is. I've observed on /r/rpg that innocent questions get downvoted savagely- they're not super friendly to beginners, either to rpgs generally or to whatever specific rpg the person's asking about. Some level of familiarity is expected and demanded. On the plus side, they seem pretty knowledgeable there. I use it as a reading resource, but I wouldn't post there.

Well, that's why we scrape our boots before we enter the Pub. Reddit is that boot scraper

I wouldn't say that's unfortunate - I've read that subreddit on occasion, I'm glad most of those guys aren't posting here

Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletters

I've poked around on /r/rpg occasionally, usually when it pops up when I'm searching for something. It's not horrible, but it's not great either. The threaded format of reddit lends itself to long, tedious back-and-forth arguments. It also makes it hard to keep track of who's who, so it's more difficult to build a sense of community. But that's just the way Reddit is. I've observed on /r/rpg that innocent questions get downvoted savagely- they're not super friendly to beginners, either to rpgs generally or to whatever specific rpg the person's asking about. Some level of familiarity is expected and demanded. On the plus side, they seem pretty knowledgeable there. I use it as a reading resource, but I wouldn't post there.
Reddit is a big ol’ tent. Some of the more niche subreddits develop a sense of community (with all the good and the bad that it entails — very few communities are as chill as the Pub), but some of the bigger ones number into the hundreds of thousands of posters.

The last 24 hours were the busiest the Pub has been in its history and we’ve had some busy days before. The OGL discussion certainly has helped but also that this community has always been able to have civil and thoughtful discussions on most topics and yesterday was no exception. Thank you all!

The last 24 hours were the busiest the Pub has been in its history and we’ve had some busy days before. The OGL discussion certainly has helped but also that this community has always been able to have civil and thoughtful discussions on most topics and yesterday was no exception. Thank you all!
It really helps when everyone sees each other at the same torches & pitchfork dealer and are all heading to storm the same castle.

We had the busiest month in all of our almost six years this month. Officially it looks like the graph below. December on the first point and January on the second. Thank you everyone for your support and participation.

2184B0AC-39D6-434B-A023-9EF0210883C3.jpeg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back