Adeptus Titanicus?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Picaroon Jack

And the Brothers Slack
Reaction score
Has anyone played the new Adeptus Titanicus or the old Epic Warhammer 40K for that matter? How is AT if you have?

AT.jpeg

I only remember the old AT from the 80's. I remember it fondly.

I still have the old rulebook from AT.

Old Space Marine/NetEpic is still a thing... but no one I know locally bought into the new AT.

Myreaction to it coming out and seeing the price was to get back into BattleTech
That's a real shame. The original wasn't out for long before I graduated from high school and my gaming group scattered, but I liked the way it and Space Marine allowed you to fight big battles at a smaller cost.

That's a real shame. The original wasn't out for long before I graduated from high school and my gaming group scattered, but I liked the way it and Space Marine allowed you to fight big battles at a smaller cost.
There seems to be a new wave of Epic Warhammer 40K stuff on eBay, but some of the units look recent. I feel like I missed something.

A-ha. After some research, what I'm seeing on eBay is "forumware" which is basically illegal fan made Epic WH40K 6mm miniatures. That explains their more recent models as well as the lower than GW prices.

A-ha. After some research, what I'm seeing on eBay is "forumware" which is basically illegal fan made Epic WH40K 6mm miniatures. That explains their more recent models as well as the lower than GW prices.
Oh, I see a lot of people showing that stuff on forum threads, 3d printed vehicles they've made, but hadn't run into them actively selling them... though I suppose Shapeways has been a source for such things for a while now.

My interest in the new AT would be for terrain bits, more than the actual game (though I've heard it's pretty good)... and I've just jumped into 15mm so the itty bitty guys are taking a back seat for now... and really, I've already got more Epic and 6mm than I'll ever truly need.

I recently scored a nice sized lot of 3D printed buildings for the Robotech Tactics miniatures that are about the same scale. Some look a bit WH40Kish.

Are you playing Adeptus T or Epic?

I must admit to being tempted by Adeptus T...

Neither at the moment. I like the idea of including Epic with AT. I only have two AT wolfhounds and one old Epic wolfhound. The Epic rules were pretty easy to find from existing leagues.

I have both the ‘official’ Epic rules and ‘net Epic’ which is a crowd-sourced updated version. Just never got as far as the table with them...

I want to paint them, but I am going to have to upgrade my magnifying glass.

rBVaVFzbuaWAL68hAADLcMmiMzI831.jpg

A question for those who actually have AT and played it...
I read a review somewhere recently that suggested the game had a good bit of the old Rogue Trader era humor in it... that a number of things happening in the game could bring laughter... while others were very evocative of the setting, such as 'awakening' the machine spirit of the titan.
The art and the figures don't really suggest that to me (beyond the idea of stupidly huge machines duking it out in a warzone).

I guess I'm asking about the 'atmosphere' of the game... how serious does it seem to take itself? Does it seem to have a sense of humour and elements that bring out the wackier side of the 40K setting?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back