"Against the DarkMaster" PDF's are now out, so what do you think?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I already reported that to the published, they said that are "looking into it" but no response yet if it will be change.

A lil bit concerning to me at least from an editing standpoint. I mean that should have been caught right away IMO but I'm an X-Graphic Designer so maybe I look for layout issues.

Right. I was trying to figure out if something got left out (even a blank page) or what happened. But with these pages it’s either a) page numbers on the inside or b) breaking up two page spreads. Of the two, I’d rather have the former (especially with art like this).

Right. I was trying to figure out if something got left out (even a blank page) or what happened. But with these pages it’s either a) page numbers on the inside or b) breaking up two page spreads. Of the two, I’d rather have the former (especially with art like this).

With SO MANY PDF's it's hard to tell if there is a page missing until you come across a 2 page spread where it becomes obvious. Worst offenders are the ones with the page number in the bottom middle of the page, so there is no way to tell without hunting through the entire PDF looking for a 2 page pic/spread. And sometimes their isn't one!

I had to check my Decipher Lord of the Rings book to see how it did Combat skills. It had these skills, which I think make more sense. They were skills where you had to choose a subskill and rank that up. If you wanted another subskill, same thing. You could then have a specific weapon specialty which gave you a +2 to hit. So we have:

Armed Combat (Axes/Blades/Clubs/Natural Weapons/Polearms)

Ranged Combat (Bows/Spears/Thrown Weapons)

Unarmed Combat (Brawling/Wrestling)

Accidental double post so I deleted the content, ignore please.

There are four close combat skills: pole arms, blades, blunt and unarmed/dagger but only one ranged combat skill for everything: thrown, missile weapons, bows and slings. Definitely don’t like that. They should have borrowed the skills from Decipher’s LotR for combat.
Any system that lugs axes with swords can probably claim that it's not generalizing more than the usual amount when they lug thrown spears with bows:devil:.

I was never much of a MERP fan — I mean, the setting material on Middle-Earth was awesome, but the system (which I played once or twice) never did do anything for me.

And it’s not like I don’t already own a ton of games, using rulesets that I love, to run this sort of game.

Bought it anyway. Stupid pretty art.

I have download the quick starter PDF and I find the art, like many others, quite good. I would compare it favorably to the art of Forbidden Lands. I am unfamiliar with the game system since I never played the old JRTM game.

I chipped in on the Kickstarter for the PDFs. I have a slight bit of nostalgia when it comes to MERP, having owned a boxed set with this cover image. (Not sure what edition that is).

933c75b6bdfca48d144bbb3af0c2b71d.jpg
I never played the Rpg with friends, but read and re-read it a few times and found it inspirational.

I like the art in AtDM quite a bit but have only skimmed the rules so far. I doubt I'd ever run the system, but it might also serve as inspirational material. I think what I liked the most so far is the Shadows of the Northern Woods module. Seems like a setting and adventure that could be fleshed out into a cool Tolkein-ish campaign... with another system.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back