Americans Fighting Animals

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I fought against a rat once.

I discovered one rat, not too big, in my bedroom one evening.That was in Indonesia. I chased it all around the room; it went FAST and behind furniture. Then I lost it: it had climbed up a curtain. I was looking all around, when it jumped at my face from above. My shout woke half the neighbourhood. I was able to duck just in time, and finally kill the thing with one or two hits from a cane-sword I fortunately had (I didn't skewer it, just broke its back).

This was the only time ever I fought in close melee combat with a real, potentially lethal weapon.

This adventure is 100% real and has nothing to do with the choice of my avatar.

It was ten years ago. My wife still mocks me sometimes.

I would have loved to see her fight with this beast.

Sounds like I need some of this 6% to come up to Alaska with me and watch my back while I do field work. I'm guessing their dying screams will give me a solid ten second head start to get the fuck out there.

I fought against a rat once.

I discovered one rat, not too big, in my bedroom one evening.That was in Indonesia. I chased it all around the room; it went FAST and behind furniture. Then I lost it: it had climbed up a curtain. I was looking all around, when it jumped at my face from above. My shout woke half the neighbourhood. I was able to duck just in time, and finally kill the thing with one or two hits from a cane-sword I fortunately had (I didn't skewer it, just broke its back).

This was the only time ever I fought in close melee combat with a real, potentially lethal weapon.

This adventure is 100% real and has nothing to do with the choice of my avatar.

It was ten years ago. My wife still mocks me sometimes.

I would have loved to see her fight with this beast.
What part of Indonesia were you in?

What part of Indonesia were you in?
Sorry for the very late answer. It was Jakarta, 2010-2013. Rats were only part of the whole equation. Giant cockroaches, termites and sickness-carrying mosquitoes were worse. But I couldn't kill them with a cane-sword.

Sorry for the very late answer. It was Jakarta, 2010-2013. Rats were only part of the whole equation. Giant cockroaches, termites and sickness-carrying mosquitoes were worse. But I couldn't kill them with a cane-sword.
When I watch Bloomberg TV these things are never mentioned during the Invest in Indonesia ads ...

I assume somewhere around fourteen percent of the American populace is drunk before noon, and given other narcotics adding to that percentage, I'd say Large Dog to Eagle is closer to the sober cut off point. Which I would think Medium Sized Dog is not that unreasonable graded-on-a-curve answer. FYI, There's even a book title called, "Drunk Before Noon: The Behind-the-Scenes Story of the Washington Press Corps," from 1979. Given that and Florida Man, grading-on-a-curve seems like a useful America Decoder Ring for onlookers from outside. :wink:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back