Any Cure for Wavy Books?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Cowboy Duck

Formerly MattyHelms
Reaction score
I don't know if it's humidity or what, but a lot of my game books get all, well, wavy is the best word I've got for it:

IMG_20210807_201828073.jpg

Anyone know a way to flatten these out? I've tried weights on 'em for extended periods and heat from hair driers.

Thanks in advance for any assistance feeding my craziness for perfect looking books!

Pile the wavy books between two flat boards and put a cinder block on top. Then get a spritzer and very litely spritz the bookers with water, then squeeze/shape the books with your fingers so they are squared under the block and leave them for two days

(The hair dryer would actually cause them to keep their wavy shape, you need them a bit moist to "shape them" back into place)

Pile the wavy books between two flat boards and put a cinder block on top. Then get a spritzer and very litely spritz the bookers with water, then squeeze/shape the books with your fingers so they are squared under the block and leave them for two days

(The hair dryer would actually cause them to keep their wavy shape, you need them a bit moist to "shape them" back into place)
Be careful if you have books with coated (shiny) papers - the coating may be water soluble or may have a thin film of starch blown over it as a part of the process in some cases. With modern books it's not likely to be a problem, but test a corner first.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back