Anyone know of downloadable datasets: monsters, characters, spells, etc.?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Mosker

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
[Update: found some, trying to delete thread but...so, keep em coming if you find anyone, one never knows who might benefit]

Afternoon, I'm looking for what the forum post title says, in csv, spreadsheet or other format. For two reasons:

a. For my own design (long time T&T writer, looking into more indie--with a bit more crunch than pure storytelling product)and research: static printed tables help a lot, but they're immutable.
b. Day gig: tasked with honing python and Pandas skills and developing some exercises. What better to work on than something like this?

Big thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Pub Mosker Mosker :thumbsup:

So when you say dataset, what exactly is it you're looking for (outside of the format)?

Would the various SRDs work for things like spells and monsters?

Welcome to the Pub Mosker Mosker :thumbsup:

So when you say dataset, what exactly is it you're looking for (outside of the format)?
Thank you.

Effectively what we get in all those--especially more old school--RPG charts. All attributes categorized, with flavor text in its own category. I did find this: Pathfinder weapons, weapons, spells monsters: all good. Again, specific goals are not set. Still noodling around.

[Update: found some, trying to delete thread but...so, keep em coming if you find anyone, one never knows who might benefit]

Afternoon, I'm looking for what the forum post title says, in csv, spreadsheet or other format. For two reasons:

a. For my own design (long time T&T writer, looking into more indie--with a bit more crunch than pure storytelling product)and research: static printed tables help a lot, but they're immutable.
b. Day gig: tasked with honing python and Pandas skills and developing some exercises. What better to work on than something like this?

Big thanks.
Search Github for various repositories of well-formatted (suited for data processing) SRDs.

Some examples
d20 (3.5)

Pathfinder

D&D 5e SRD

SRD in general

There are fair number of excel based character generators, some automated but most just do the math as you make choices. They operate off of tables tucked away on other sheets in the same file, they have already created the tables for you. Try searching for generators for games you're interested in.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back