Anyone know what’s up with OHT aka One Horse Town aka Dan White?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Yeah, it's a good question, no log on since August. His last post at the other place online was February.

I hope he's OK. Does anyone have contact with him elsewhere?

That is concerning. Has anyone shot him an email? If not I can do so.

He was posting on En World in late Septemeber if that puts anybody's mind at ease.

He was posting on En World in late Septemeber if that puts anybody's mind at ease.

Thats still almost 2 months ago, and very weird for him to not even pop in here. He left his last review unfinished in media res.

That's concerning, especially in these uncertain times. I hope he is OK.

Can we creep his Facebook or something? Normally suggesting that would bother me a lot, but this seems like an exception. Not that I know him, but a lot of people here seem concerned and he has been incommunicado for a long while.

Can we creep his Facebook or something? Normally suggesting that would bother me a lot, but this seems like an exception. Not that I know him, but a lot of people here seem concerned and he has been incommunicado for a long while.

I looked him up on Facebook. I found what I think may be his profile, but no log on since July. From there I found what I assume is his home town, and I checked the local news sites for obituaries, but no names matched.

I looked him up on Facebook. I found what I think may be his profile, but no log on since July. From there I found what I assume is his home town, and I checked the local news sites for obituaries, but no names matched.
Huh, way ahead of me I see. Well, that was my one good idea. :sad:

Thats still almost 2 months ago, and very weird for him to not even pop in here. He left his last review unfinished in media res.
He does have a low drama tolerance as well, and collectively we probably weren't our best selves at the time. Add that to the general stress of... everything... and I could see why someone might want to cut out things they're not enjoying for the sake of their own health.

I mean, if he walked away that would be sad but preferrable to worse alternatives, absolutely...

It just seems unlikely to me. I like to think it's just something IRL occupying his attention.

What if we've become like them and OHT and Dumarest started a board for the people who don't like the Site, The Big Purple OR The Pub?

(Trying to add some levity...the idea that something bad has happened to any of our missing members isn't a pleasant thought.)

I'm necro-ing this thread because I just heard there's a rumor One Horse Town passed. Is that actually true? Does anyone know more?

Someone added a Rest in Peace note to his profile. I assume must be one of our modstaff, but it wasn't me, I only noticed it about a month ago

I think he added that himself. The date of death was 2017 and he posted until 2020. My guess is that was his father.

Bloody hell, that's my bad then. Sorry everyone. I guess then we still just don't knw what happened to him.

If I ever kick off, my wife has instructions to post in places like this to let them know with my account. I don't like leaving folks hanging.
That's very decent of you. I haven't done that, but I also (perhaps unrealistically) expect the kind of massive state funeral that doesn't escape most people's attention.

That's very decent of you. I haven't done that, but I also (perhaps unrealistically) expect the kind of massive state funeral that doesn't escape most people's attention.
Yeah, I just dislike leaving leaving folks wondering what ever happened to me. My wife's of the same mind set, we have friends and acquaintances we know would like to know. (shrugs)

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back