Ask Me Anything About Cha'alt

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 300 Cha'alt hardcovers left...

Bryce Lynch of Ten Foot Pole fame reviewed Cha'alt, and it was surprisingly favorable. Almost too favorable (for him), so now I'm worried about a black trench-coat ninja sneak-attack with zoth-coated throwing stars...

VS

Intriguing, $20 for a pdf is enough though to make me consider getting a hardcopy instead. I really dig the cover is the art throughout by the same artist or a bunch of different artists?

Intriguing, $20 for a pdf is enough though to make me consider getting a hardcopy instead. I really dig the cover is the art throughout by the same artist or a bunch of different artists?

With the hardcover, you get the PDF for free. That's a big incentive. The interior art is by different people. Some by the cover artist, though. The DriveThru PDF page has a full-size preview of the first 32 or so pages. Check that out. Even the layout design and graphics are cool, thanks to Glynn Seal of MonkeyBlood Design.

Plus, limited edition, signed, and I'll even scrawl some Lovecraftian abomination for you... win-win!

I'm listening to this gaming podcast right now... they've reviewed Cha'alt as well:

After nearly a year of brutal, exhausting, slave-like conditions (fuchsia privilege)... I finished the second Cha'alt book. So many random tables, encounters, and pop-culture references! 225 pages of eldritch, gonzo, science-fantasy, post-apocalypse campaign setting on super-steroids for $5.

Grab your PDF of Cha'alt: Fuchsia Malaise now while the price is low: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/321444/Chaalt-Fuchsia-Malaise

VS

Who do you think would work well with me? Looking for someone to compliment my style, rather than clash with it.

Kort'thalis Publishing is looking for a talented layout and dungeon map-maker (yep, lost more peeps). Opening this question up to the community, what sort of vibe should I be going for? Where should Kort'thalis Publishing go next in terms of aesthetics?

Also, if you know of anybody, feel free to let them (or me) know. Thanks!

VS

Who do you think would work well with me? Looking for someone to compliment my style, rather than clash with it.

Kort'thalis Publishing is looking for a talented layout and dungeon map-maker (yep, lost more peeps). Opening this question up to the community, what sort of vibe should I be going for? Where should Kort'thalis Publishing go next in terms of aesthetics?

Also, if you know of anybody, feel free to let them (or me) know. Thanks!

VS

I belong to a few Facebook Advanced D&D and OSR groups that have a lot of very talented folks constantly posting their stuff (mostly maps and art) and looking for work, that might be a good avenue for finding someone.

I belong to a few Facebook Advanced D&D and OSR groups that have a lot of very talented folks constantly posting their stuff (mostly maps and art) and looking for work, that might be a good avenue for finding someone.
Cool, can you throw some links?

Prince of Nothing posted a two-part review of Cha'alt: Fuchsia Malaise...

Hypothetically, how prepared would you say the Black Pyramid is for the invasion of mystical marital-arts wielding demigods? Scale of 1-10, with 1 being "It's as good as a crater" and 10 being "They will be plucked like the chickens they are"?

... Asking for a friend

I'm going to go with 5... probably a 50/50 chance. And tell your friend to stop putting sand worms down my pants!

Actually one more: have you approached the incredible Simon Bisley about doing art? It seems like a match made in heaven

Well. Maybe not Heaven heaven.

ab53d6a5c532414fd823f604452d2711.jpg

FYI, Simon Bisley is exactly how'd you imagine him from his art style. When I met him, he was hung over, drunk, high on Red Bull, wearing a Motorhead t-shirt and swearing a storm. Had no time for bullshit or ass kissing.

He was awesome. I watched him draw for an hour. Got him to sign some of my books (but wasn't pushy, I talked with him for a while first). A friend of mine was really in-his-face and so Simon drew penises on the covers of his books instead of signing them.

My point is, if you reach out to him, be genuine and respectful. :smile:

Just launched the Saving Cha'alt Kickstarter yesterday...

Between books 2 and 3, I'm funding a series of short scenarios exploring the eldritch, gonzo, science-fantasy, post-apocalyptic world of Cha'alt:

Thanks, and tell everyone!

VS

Nice review! No idea what "chad" implies, however.

As someone who used to review your stuff a lot back in the day, it is nice to hear that your works are maturing well in style, presentation and utility. Kick ass!

I wrote this little short story introduction as a KS update (#3). I'm sure it'll find its way into one of the adventures:

Grim Jim attempts to discuss the pulpy, max-gonzo, psy-fi, weird vomit that is Cha'alt: Fuchsia Malaise...

If you're looking to make your D&D more METAL & GONZO, then Aaraon the Pedantic and Venger Satanis are here to help with a new monthly podcast called Gonzo Up Your Ass!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that RPG Pundit has graciously reviewed Cha'alt: Fuchsia Malaise...

Have any questions? Just ask!

Enjoy,

VS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back