Assigning skills & traits in Revolution D100

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Ronnie Sanford

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I was thinking about using RD100 type skills and traits in my next CoC game but I had a few questions (Note I have the book but not with me).

1. In RD100 how is the number of skill points you get for a character determined?
2. How do you calculate the number of traits a character can have per skill?

Any thoughts on RD100's skill system?

Thanks!

I was thinking about using RD100 type skills and traits in my next CoC game but I had a few questions (Note I have the book but not with me).

1. In RD100 how is the number of skill points you get for a character determined?

You get 5 Traits from your Backgound (but this can vary), 8 Traits from your Profession and 2 more Traots, 3 Motivations.

Your Profession gives you +30 to skills, you choose a Characteristic and then split its value and add to skills using that Characteristic. So, a PC with DEX 15 might add 10 to Agility and 5 to Stealth, for example.

More experienced PCs can get + 3 Traits, +2 Free Traits and Percentile points equal to a chosen, presumably different, Characteristic, to be split among skills that are based on that Characteristic.

2. How do you calculate the number of traits a character can have per skill?

One Slot per 10% or part thereof, so Agility 63 gives you 7 Slots and hence 7 Traits.

You can go to one Slot per 5% of skill, but it is quite demanding to do so and I don't really see the benefit.

Any thoughts on RD100's skill system?

Very flexible and easy to use.

Reduced skill set and many Traits mean that the rules can be used for different genres really easily.

Bonuses, Penalties and Advantages are so easy to use it is scary.

Opposed Rolls and Contests are nice and easy to use as well.

All in all, a very good skill system.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back