Atomic Highway (interest-set up-OOC)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Okay updated character sheet (hopefully) for the last time. I chose tower Town because i liked the placement in the heart of Boston and Good standing because eh, I like have a hint civility in my post-apocalyptic characters. I'm keeping backstory to basics motives just trying to make on his own terms, be helpful, and help establish a new settlement. What setting info on Tower Town do I need?

Well... Towertowners think they are the center of the universe being high atop the Pru. :smile: What were your updates? I'll update the sheet and send you a password for the full sheet which will have all sorts of inside info.

Oh I updated my character stats on post #60. Good Towertown sounds like a place for my overly optimistic character to be from.

Cool, I'll look up thread. There will be a lot of text on what I send, no need to memorize anything. If something on the inside information comes up as relevant in play I'll remind you. It might be fun to read though to plan what you want to do and how.

Stave Mender (Human-Bartertowner/Towertown- Healer) FERALTOASTER

Rearing:
Bartertowner/Towertown
Relationship:
Good
Pursuit: Healer

Muscle 3
Understanding 4
Tenacity 3
Appeal 2
Nimbleness 3
Toughness 3
Senses 2

Run 2
Health: 18
Fortune: 2

Skills

Athletics 1, Boat 1, Bow 1, Brawl 1, Criminal 0 , Drive 0, Explosives 0, Heal 4, Intimidate 0, Lore 2, Melee 1, Notice 3, Persuade 4, Pilot 0, Ride 1, Scavenge 0, Science 0, Shoot 4, Sleight 0, Stealth 2, Survive 0, Tech 2, Zoofinity 4.

Cash: 20 caps

Gear
heavy crossbow (bolts 12)
knife
staff
pants, boots, shirt, jacket, hood
1 Hard Cover 2025 Edition, Grey’s Anatomy.

Healer Kit 3: You can do some major healing with this, including “simple” surgery, +1 Heal Skill and +1 Understanding Dice. (to pack this all up would fill a very large backpack-which you have-; of course a smaller portion, large doctor bag (kit 2) +1 Heal Skill or advanced first aid kit (kit 1) could be carried)
Moose, with saddle blanket and harness. (Just a lost and lonely calf one fall day along the Charles, that you mended and befriended)

Look, Scars & Tattoos (Age: ~ )

Last edited:
FeralToaster

Updated posted above and will put the full encrypted one here and PM you the password.

A quick note, you still had 2 skill points to spend. Since a moose is a bit outside base character build, put another point in Zoofinity and 1 in Ride, so you are decent at riding it, to rationalize it all. This also makes you a superb healer of beast in addition to humans...you are going to be very popular with the various Farms and The Dog Clans.

On further gear, gave you an expensive book and figured the saddle blanket and harness count.

Hope that all sounds good.

Edit: Sheet now in Post #100

Last edited:
Still hesitating between Lookout Farm Malltowner and Ship-descendent, sorry:smile:. But at least Ghastla is no more an option, officially!

Bindoner

The full sheet updated. Same password as before.

Edit: Sheet now in Post#100

Last edited:
I thank you for your assistance in character creation but I'd just want to point out that Moose was a totally legal build with the selection I was given.

page 26

"Transport: Mount of choice with saddle blanket and harness or canoe or kayak or dinghy."

Since the party wasn't leaning to nautical adventures I chose not to carry a canoe around Boston.

the sidebar on page 25

"Mounts and Pets

The follow choices are available for mounts:

cattle, Horse, Large Deer, Medium Deer

The following choices are available for pets:

Boar, Large Bird of Prey, Large canine, Medium canine, Medium Feline, Small Feline

Roll for mounts and pets using the table under Natural Animals (page 107) to see if they are mutated
." These were my choices cattle, horse and deer. I chose the supersize deer rolled for mutation and got a 3 nonmutated.

finally the partial stats on page 108
"Deer, Large

Elk, Moose"

The stats for moose are part of the entry for large deer. I was acting within the guidelines of my character creation when I picked this.

I thank you for your assistance in character creation but I'd just want to point out that Moose was a totally legal build with the selection I was given.

page 26

"Transport: Mount of choice with saddle blanket and harness or canoe or kayak or dinghy."

Since the party wasn't leaning to nautical adventures I chose not to carry a canoe around Boston.
yes, clearly we are playing on easy mode :smile:

the sidebar on page 25

"Mounts and Pets

The follow choices are available for mounts:

cattle, Horse, Large Deer, Medium Deer

The following choices are available for pets:

Boar, Large Bird of Prey, Large canine, Medium canine, Medium Feline, Small Feline

Roll for mounts and pets using the table under Natural Animals (page 107) to see if they are mutated
." These were my choices cattle, horse and deer. I chose the supersize deer rolled for mutation and got a 3 nonmutated.

finally the partial stats on page 108
"Deer, Large

Elk, Moose"

The stats for moose are part of the entry for large deer. I was acting within the guidelines of my character creation when I picked this.

You're right, completely missed that and will have to change that, as well as the pets, for house rules to fit setting, but hey have imported power armor. :smile:

Thinking of which, believe Towertown has also got to be interested in power armor as well, but they would just be starting up.

Are you good with the skill additions I made?

Still hesitating between Lookout Farm Malltowner and Ship-descendent, sorry:smile:. But at least Ghastla is no more an option, officially!
Suburban America Lookout/Malltown wins. Well, that, and I'd rather have him being captured at a later age, when the Ship wouldn't fit (or would have me redoing my character sheet:smile:).

Of course, we might get to see people from The Ship later, who knows:wink:?

Hey, I might even get a military father-in-law:tongue:!

But at least we can begin now. I guess it's obvious where my allegiance lays at the moment.

QUESTIONS:

If no one has any objections, and to clean up the thread, I was thinking of deleting the text of my prior character description postings and placing it all in one master post. Also (if possible) deleting all the prior character file attachments and attaching them to the master post.

Also, where would you like to start of the following choices: Malltown, Checkpoint, Meetpoint, Common Ground, or Towertown?
If not from there some vague reason why there would be nice but not necessary; also maybe a vague reason you know or are meeting the other characters. If nothing else, I can make up some reason from one of your contacts.
OR
We could start in medias res (in the middle of it) with you undetected by some "danger" outside some community or area on the map (you guys can pick) :smile: Then figure out later how you all got yourselves in the situation. The Moose can be along or safe at home as you see fit. Figure you'll be well fed and have a days water unless you want less. :smile:

Whatever is easiest. Either type of start works for me. Depends on whether we want to work on our character's relationships first, or have a shake-down skirmish to get the gameplay squared away first and character work second. Both are useful.

no objections

1. whatever works best for the party. my character's long term goal is to start a new settlement so I'm scout for suitable sites and looking for resources.

no objections

1. whatever works best for the party. my character's long term goal is to start a new settlement so I'm scout for suitable sites and looking for resources.
Your character might know enough general details from library consultation and tales to hove a general idea of are, that is, you as a player could do a google map look and terrain view to find a location that looks good to you (the setting map gives you an idea of what is claimed already and the dangers in certain areas). Then you could scout it out, and if you send me an "address" (I think one can do coordinates to) I can scope it out as well.

CHARACTER & VEHICLE CREATION STUFF & CHEMS & SURVIVAL & SETTING STUFF

Waiting on just a few bits of info from AsenRG and his vote on where to start.

On the idea of settlements, is everyone familiar with the Fallout 4 approach or Year Zero approach? If so what do you think of them?

EDIT: Also making this Post # a place holder for the rules extensions/house rules on character creation, all the stuff on survival and setting stuff, bestiary, etc. then will delete the stuff attached up thread.

NOTE WELL: Included an updated description of the Map (with symbols and icons in it for fun and ease of reference) but didn't move the local setting map here but the map is still in the Resource Forum for download.

Attachments

• Mutants ME RPGPub.pdf
    242.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Retro Weapons[4] RPGPub.pdf
    389.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Morpheus East FAQ RPGPub v1.pdf
    57.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Survival ME RPGPub v1.pdf
    404.2 KB · Views: 7
  • RPGPub AH (mutated) Character Creation Charts.pdf
    370.4 KB · Views: 7
  • RPGPUB AH Expanded Vehicle Rules update 1 .pdf
    659.7 KB · Views: 7
  • RPGPub AH Vehicles.pdf
    214.7 KB · Views: 7
  • RPGPub AH Beastiary Additions.pdf
    586.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Morpheus East Map RPGPub v2.pdf
    284.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
FINAL CHARACTER STUFF (It's post #100 after all)

Attachments

• RPGPub Stave FeralToaster Full.pdf
    83.7 KB · Views: 7
  • RPGPub Rodrigo AsenRG Base.pdf
    45 KB · Views: 2
  • RPGPub Daphne Bindoner Full.pdf
    157.3 KB · Views: 2
  • RPGPub Rodrigo AsenRG Full.pdf
    188.7 KB · Views: 3
  • RPGPub Stave FeralToaster Base.pdf
    51.1 KB · Views: 4
  • RPGPub Daphne Bindoner Base.pdf
    50 KB · Views: 2
  • NPC n PreMades Cards RPGPub.pdf
    386.4 KB · Views: 3
  • AtomicHwy_Morph East_charsheet v5c.pdf
    411.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I've not played either Fallout 4 or Year Zero. I am going to read some articles/wiki pages about Fallout 4 settlements today ( can't find details on MYZ settlements ).

Having read a couple of articles about the settlement building system in Fallout 4 it seems a good framework to work from.

I'll go for either Poor Standing. He's not been back for long enough, so some are still suspicious.
OOC speaking, it would be too easy otherwise:grin:!

BTW, what are your rules for getting our Karma Points (back)? Because the rulebook speaks about "good description", but that's kinda easy (if not outright an expectation) in a PbP game:smile:.

BTW, what are your rules for getting our Karma Points (back)? Because the rulebook speaks about "good description", but that's kinda easy (if not outright an expectation) in a PbP game:smile:.

I'm figuring handing them out for handling an exceptional, impressive exploring, surviving a close call, doing something heroic, volunteering to do something heroic like drive that big rig full of gasoline past the encircling raiders :smile:, etc. If in person that would be like one a session or so. Fairly liberal but that may be needed as it's a deadly world.

Now Karma, we could do something like that ala Fallout and award Fortune at certain break points. :smile:

I was asking about Fortune, actually. I tend to mix up the names for the "heroic resources" from various games:smile:.

OK, I was planning to spend it conservatively, either way:smile:.

Hi All,
Been busy this week so less frequent posting than normal.

Noticed on the various rolls I need to be more clear what I'm calling for.

When I list something as Attribute/Skill I mean a skill roll. So roll a number of dice equal to your Attribute and modify with your skill, if any.

If it is an Attribute only roll I'll mention that explicitly as an attribute only roll.

As the system is probably new to most of you, fairly new to me. I'll start listing the number of dice and modifier you'd hive for a roll based on your character sheets.

For example Stave trying to Heal would be using Understanding/Heal so 4 dice (for Understanding 4) and a +4 modifier (for Heal skill 4).

please take your time with posting, this is what I do for fun I don't want anyone stressed out over what should be an enjoyable hobby.
ah, I think I was using an old character sheet.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back