Awesome Character Sheets

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
While this is clearly a relatively simple sheet, I find the graphic layout distracting.
I actually agree. I was looking for another and found that as an example of the handrawn ones... which as you say can have v poor usability.
This is the one I was looking for. I like it because of the way it has a story/hooks generated from basic character details. That inspires me as a player/GM to think of the character as more of a character than a bag of stats. In addition the design of the sheet is fairly clean, if a bit cramped in places. I also like the framing even though it is cheesy.
fancy_character_sheet_ADD.jpg

I also love Traveller and I loooove TAS form 2.

For me this is a perfect in-universe artifact that "takes me there" when playing Traveller in a way that index cards do not. It blends the game-system with reality in terms of the UPP, UWP and also adds a huge number of story-hooks (eg birthworld, discharge world, awards, branch of serivce) and decisions you have to make (about your 3-6 skills), preferred weapon, equipment qualified on, etc. For me it builds on the lifepath char gen to add an extra layer of integration into the game world. It does this in a setting-independent way (no 3I) and it screams of the bureaucracy that Travellers will encounter.
Tas2.png

Attachments

• 1675217208735.png
    1675217208735.png
    858.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Ahem.

Can't believe I missed that one.

That's Dallas? Looks more like Italian HERO to me.

What an absolutely wonderful thread. I was considering redesigning and otherwise "upgrading" the GURPS character sheet to be more evocative of the settings that I'm kludging together so this is highly inspirational!
Back in the late 1980s one of my players redesigned the GURPS character sheet because he and a few others (including myself to be honest, though I was mostly the forever GM) found they needed more lines for skills and a few other items. Anyhow instead of GURPS on the character sheet he renamed that to JURPS. He did it on a word processor while stuck on border duty on the old West/East German border and then used the copier to print up a bunch of them for us. When I asked him what JURPS stood for he glibly replied Jim's Universal Role-playing Show. My first name being Jim of course. Gary was amusing.

If folks don't mind some self-shilling, I have some Cortex Prime sheets I can share...

Android Universe
Beneath Darkened Crypts, a D&D pastiche
FateBound/We are Legends!
Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
Star Wars WEG-Inspired holosheet

Here's one for the superhero rpg I am working on, Audacious Heroics!
Additionally, here is my prototype sheet for Dynamic Action: Space Opera!

I haven't made any sheets in a while. I should stretch my legs, so to speak. I should especially get to cracking and finish my games.

Edit to add: Please feel free to DM or ask questions about any of these sheets.

Last edited:
The file name suggests it is.

when I download an image to my computer I'll usually just replace the last image that I downloaded in that file, if it's not something I'm going to keep. Probably just replaced the image of the Dallas RPG with that character sheet image.

It's from an Italian superhero game that got a Kickstarter translation and a while back. Like O olivier legrand, the author made the unfortunate mistake of trying to have a thread about their superhero game on TBP.

when I download an image to my computer I'll usually just replace the last image that I downloaded in that file, if it's not something I'm going to keep. Probably just replaced the image of the Dallas RPG with that character sheet image.

It's from an Italian superhero game that got a Kickstarter translation and a while back. Like O olivier legrand, the author made the unfortunate mistake of trying to have a thread about their superhero game on TBP.
That's both mildly weird and disappointing. TBP is generally fond of supers games.

They just recently made two RPGs and a former dev
'Forbidden Subjects' over something that happened 5 years ago, but apparently recently got more attention, but mods won't say what brought about the change for fear of ambiguous 'more repercussions,' which is extremely odd. I thought the whole point was transparency and being informed. IDK or care anymore. Can't watch out for things for which I lack awareness.

Oh yeah, I went and checked out Olivier's game after he came here. "No, silly, you can't talk about your game. Instead I'm going to use wordplay to derail the subject while making you out to be a bigoted asshat. And if you try to get the discussion back on subject I'll continue to insist on my stupid semantic games until you get exasperated enough that I can mash the report button. Tee hee!"

I'm very glad Olivier got a fairer and more welcoming reception here.

edit: Oh, and I just dug up the thread on Urban Heroes too. Not comparable with Olivier's experiences AT ALL; the opprobrium Urban Heroes got was entirely deserved. I'll say no more.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I went and checked out Olivier's game after he came here. "No, silly, you can't talk about your game. Instead I'm going to use wordplay to derail the subject while making you out to be a bigoted asshat. And if you try to get the discussion back on subject I'll continue to insist on my stupid semantic games until you get exasperated enough that I can mash the report button. Tee hee!"

I'm very glad Olivier got a fairer and more welcoming reception here.

edit: Oh, and I just dug up the thread on Urban Heroes too. Not comparable with Olivier's experiences AT ALL; the opprobrium Urban Heroes got was entirely deserved. I'll say no more.
Link to Oliver's game thread here, please? I would like to peruse.

Im on my phone so linking is a pain; I always bugger up the formatying somehow. Just do a title search for "crusaders". You'll see that that word was never Problematicᵀᴹ until suddenly it was, when they could nitpick the title of the game to goad Olivier into getting irritated, with the intention of immediately spamming the report button.

Oh, and I just dug up the thread on Urban Heroes too. Not comparable with Olivier's experiences AT ALL; the opprobrium Urban Heroes got was entirely deserved. I'll say no more.

Well Urban Heroes deliberately courted controversy, which was not the case for Crusaders. Of course, when I say "courted controversy" I'm not talking abot a Venger or Red Room games or even Grimjim level thing, more like: "in the 90s no one would've batted an eye at this". Y'know after the author stated specifically that the game was a love letter to the comics he read in the 90s.

But I can't agree the author (who was incredibly accommodating, and even removed pictures from the translated version of the game that people were "offended by").deserved what was said to him in that thread, which was honestly pretty ..well, some choice examples:
I don't want to say Italy is sexist but...

Bunga bunga

you folks [Italians] are in the position of being way behind a bunch of us [socially]

Not to mention, well, just look at the name of the poster leading the charge against him is all I'm going to say. If you know, you know.

At that point I had never seen an RPG creator, who came by the forum just to answer questions about his game, just get legitimately bullied before, with the Mods' approval. Sure that's common now, but you have to understand that sorta thing was nearly unheard of in the old days of TBP (for a legitimate RPG writer, as opposed to a scam artist like, say, Mykal Lakim). That thread shocked me at the time, and was one of the benchmarks for me realizing how much the board culture had shifted.

Well Urban Heroes deliberately courted controversy, which was not the case for Crusaders. Of course, when I say "courted controversy" I'm not talking abot a Venger or Red Room games or even Grimjim level thing, more like: "in the 90s no one would've batted an eye at this". Y'know after the author stated specifically that the game was a love letter to the comics he read in the 90s.

But I can't agree the author (who was incredibly accommodating, and even removed pictures from the translated version of the game that people were "offended by").deserved what was said to him in that thread, which was honestly pretty ..well, some choice examples:

Not to mention, well, just look at the name of the poster leading the charge against him is all I'm going to say. If you know, you know.

At that point I had never seen an RPG creator, who came by the forum just to answer questions about his game, just get legitimately bullied before, with the Mods' approval. Sure that's common now, but you have to understand that sorta thing was nearly unheard of in the old days of TBP (for a legitimate RPG writer, as opposed to a scam artist like, say, Mykal Lakim). That thread shocked me at the time, and was one of the benchmarks for me realizing how much the board culture had shifted.
Yeah, I dislike how folks on TPB can be towards someone they see as 'backward' and the way they lay out a 'welcome' leaves something to be desired. In many instances, it has the opposite effect I think the poster wants, as it chases off someone with whom they could have had a discourse and maybe changed a mind, but they had to go and be offended or triggered and in so doing, become offensive.

Bah humbug! I really enjoyed the picture of the HR guy from The Office.
Don't say I never did anything for you.

Toby's back by demand!
44c0ef65-9d3d-466d-92d2-7cb0d7153786-screen-shot-2018-01-26-at-31848-pm.png

Verne, the steampunk module for EABA, has a pdf character generator where you fill in a questionnaire (random answers below), and it spits out a character for you. I LOVE this as a I tend to get decision paralysis with point-buy systems that are too free-form.

Verne_generator.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back