Band of Battlestar Galactica

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Reaction score
I had a thought that Band of Blades, with it's troupe approach, might be really fucking good for a BG approach, where you play the command staff on one hand, and pilots and marines on the other. My great idea doesn't go any further than that, but I'd be willing to hack some shit if anyone else was interested in chipping in.

I had a thought that Band of Blades, with it's troupe approach, might be really fucking good for a BG approach, where you play the command staff on one hand, and pilots and marines on the other. My great idea doesn't go any further than that, but I'd be willing to hack some shit if anyone else was interested in chipping in.
That would help with how limited things would be if you were just fighter pilots. Otherwise you would rarely even encounter the hidden cylons (unless one was a fellow pilot) or help with any major decisions.
2487e5d1f0b0417d9ff6f2654f8ddf6eaab78752.jpg

Thats a good point. I'd probably design for both approaches given unlimited time. They're both very BG, and both deserve some spotlight.

In the show they tried to work around this by giving fighter pilots expanded roles like, "Lee, your grandfather was an attorney, why don't you represent this guy in court?" for the trial episode and "Hey, Starbuck, you have good reflexes, why don't you be on the security detail for this big political event?" I know it was so they could involve the actors in other storylines/scenes but it was always jarring to me when the writers did that. With the Band of Blades format, you could have the flexibility to do both.

In the show they tried to work around this by giving fighter pilots expanded roles like, "Lee, your grandfather was an attorney, why don't you represent this guy in court?" for the trial episode and "Hey, Starbuck, you have good reflexes, why don't you be on the security detail for this big political event?" I know it was so they could involve the actors in other storylines/scenes but it was always jarring to me when the writers did that. With the Band of Blades format, you could have the flexibility to do both.
May also be people had to do two jobs because there were so few people give they are all robot apocalypse survivors...talk about short handed and job openings. I liked how at the beginning of each episode you go the number of surviving humans count....it kept going down and down.

That would help explain why a pilot might be involved in all sorts of other things.

May also be people had to do two jobs because there were so few people give they are all robot apocalypse survivors...talk about short handed and job openings. I liked how at the beginning of each episode you go the number of surviving humans count....it kept going down and down.

That would help explain why a pilot might be involved in all sorts of other things.
Excellent point.

I don't think we need 'real' reasons to explain away some of BGs narrative choices. :grin:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back