Banner Advertisements on the Pub

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Ok then, I will look into adding a membership level for ad-free viewing.

thanks, but don't do it JUST because I'm a bit whiney. My support isn't going anywhere. I can add block, I can patreon, I am just fine.

Im cool with it, but please, no animated ads, spare my mobile data! :smile:

I hate ads... like loathe them... but, Honestly, kickstarter ads will help the indy publisher. Its also relevant to our hobby.

I don't hate ads. I hate poorly targeted ads. I used to work in ad targeting. Good ad systems try not to fatigue you with the same ad or show an ad just to fill a space. The goal should be a meaningful click through because of actual interest.

I don't hate ads. I hate poorly targeted ads. I used to work in ad targeting. Good ad systems try not to fatigue you with the same ad or show an ad just to fill a space. The goal should be a meaningful click through because of actual interest.
I hates them...
Ads seem to target the lowest common denominator.

Example - almost every dish or laundry detergent ad. stupid husband with or without equally stupid son who cant get simple cleaning and using the machine right. In comes smug mom with or without equally smug daughter to show up said stupid men.

Example 2- audio video ads. Convincing dude bro guys into buying toys he cant afford for his man cave and then apologizing to an assumed overbearing wife without sincerity.

Example 3- those stupod "thats why they call me the champ" radio ads. *Shudder*

God I can do these all day but everytime I see or hear them I want to murder who made them. Internet ads are a different set of lowest common denominator tropes but are no less insulting, but pop ups and refirects are far more annoying.

Rant over.

So, if anyone here is a Patreon or has donated via PayPal, send me a PM and I’ll put you in a group that will keep the ads from showing up. Raleel Raleel I know you do that, so I will put you in that group.

When I make that membership group here, I will charge $12 a year (if you haven’t already Patreoned or donated). I’ll add a banner under your username as well.

I hates them...
Ads seem to target the lowest common denominator.

Example - almost every dish or laundry detergent ad. stupid husband with or without equally stupid son who cant get simple cleaning and using the machine right. In comes smug mom with or without equally smug daughter to show up said stupid men.

Example 2- audio video ads. Convincing dude bro guys into buying toys he cant afford for his man cave and then apologizing to an assumed overbearing wife without sincerity.

Example 3- those stupod "thats why they call me the champ" radio ads. *Shudder*

God I can do these all day but everytime I see or hear them I want to murder who made them. Internet ads are a different set of lowest common denominator tropes but are no less insulting, but pop ups and refirects are far more annoying.

Rant over.
Oh I was talking internet targeted/banner ads. I know nothing about tv/media ads.

Is it normal for the ads to show up in the Alerts section of your account - or within your Account settings, generally? I had an alert not notify and wouldn't have seen it unless I "showed all alerts". There the alert was, sandwiched between two ads.

EDIT: to add to this: Showing "all alerts" displays the most recent alert, and the ads. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see any prior alerts.

Is it normal for the ads to show up in the Alerts section of your account - or within your Account settings, generally? I had an alert not notify and wouldn't have seen it unless I "showed all alerts". There the alert was, sandwiched between two ads.

EDIT: to add to this: Showing "all alerts" displays the most recent alert, and the ads. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see any prior alerts.

Yeah they show up in that section but they don’t affect your alerts in any way. I’ve had alerts not notify every once in awhile going back to when the forum first started. Just a hiccup of the forum. It usually happens when I’m on my phone.

The Pub is now also part of the affiliate program with DriveThruRPG. If you click their banner on the Pub and buy something there we will get a 5% credit there of everything you purchased, minus gift certificates. It’s a great way to help us.

The Pub is now also part of the affiliate program with DriveThruRPG. If you click their banner on the Pub and buy something there we will get a 5% credit there of everything you purchased, minus gift certificates. It’s a great way to help us.
Honestly can't think of a more perfect marriage. Forum about RPGs past & present. Site selling RPGs past and present.

So do I need to click the banner before each purchase?

Honestly can't think of a more perfect marriage. Forum about RPGs past & present. Site selling RPGs past and present.

So do I need to click the banner before each purchase?

Yes for now. I’m working on getting a workable link otherwise.

So, if anyone here is a Patreon or has donated via PayPal, send me a PM and I’ll put you in a group that will keep the ads from showing up. Raleel Raleel I know you do that, so I will put you in that group.

When I make that membership group here, I will charge $12 a year (if you haven’t already Patreoned or donated). I’ll add a banner under your username as well.
With that affiliate program I'll keep the ads for the moment. I buy stuff off DTRPG on a semi-regular basis and they're not that intrusive.

As DriveThruRPG is my main source for games, that's good to know. One of the things I like about Bundle of Holding is it also drops the games in my library.

The latest ad is for a fan petition to get a sequel made for a roleplaying video game series Lunar. I’ve decided to expand ads as long as they are relevant to what we talk about at the Pub. Gaming, comics, video games, and other related media are acceptable as long as they don’t break the rule and are SFW.

If you're a real canadian you'll tell me because you guys are too nice.
As it happens, I was born in the states and my father's an American citizen, so I'm not a real Canadian. My American citizenship is enough of a mess that I'm not sure I can cross the border, never paid American taxes, never submitted selective service papers but it costs $5000 to get rid of an American citizenship these days.

As it happens, I was born in the states and my father's an American citizen, so I'm not a real Canadian. My American citizenship is enough of a mess that I'm not sure I can cross the border, never paid American taxes, never submitted selective service papers but it costs $5000 to get rid of an American citizenship these days.
Eh you aren't missing too much. Plus you have stealth moose tech so there's that.

Eventually I'd like to make a trip down, see Colorado Springs where I lived until I was five, Pueblo because my siblings went there on field trips and I didn't, Garden of the Gods because we went camping there once, Yellowstone, Lewis and Clark Caverns, probably try to get all the way to the Grand Canyon. I don't know, I'm old and longing for the things I saw when I was young I guess.

whelp, that's done it, nothing else to it, we have to kill him. Prepare to launch the stealth attack moose.
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F201120211130-parks-canada-split.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back