Best Comic Panels of All Time

tenbones

Grand Poobah of the D.O.N.G.
Reaction score
Fantastic Four #249 and #250 - Man and Superman. When Gladiator pursuing Skrulls lands in NYC, mistakes the FF for Skrulls. MAAAYHEM ENSUES!!!

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
One of my favorite artists is Michael Golden... obviously his legendary run on Micronauts is what he's known for. But pretty much everything he's ever done is pure gold.

View attachment 8623
I discovered the great Brit artist John Bolton through his work on the backup vignettes and back covers for the Classic X-Men reprints in the 80s.

tenbones

Reaction score
Avengers #177... The Korvac Showdown

This comic affected me. Before the Infinity Gauntlet... Korvac whooping that ass on the Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy in this issue was intense. But the beginning of that issue really set it up. Written by Jim Shooter himself and art by the underrated David Wenzel (whom I always thought his style was very close, almost too lcose, to Sal Buscema)... anyhow... a truly amazing storyarc. This issue in particular is literally jam-packed - each panel is intense. They simply do not make comics like this anymore.

tenbones

Reaction score
Poor Yellowjacket... that hole in his chest is definitely going to leave a scar.

spittingimage

hawwwk-ptui
Reaction score
Avengers #177... The Korvac Showdown

This comic affected me. Before the Infinity Gauntlet... Korvac whooping that ass on the Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy in this issue was intense. But the beginning of that issue really set it up. Written by Jim Shooter himself and art by the underrated David Wenzel (whom I always thought his style was very close, almost too lcose, to Sal Buscema)... anyhow... a truly amazing storyarc. This issue in particular is literally jam-packed - each panel is intense. They simply do not make comics like this anymore.

View attachment 8651
View attachment 8652

View attachment 8653
View attachment 8654
...and once the fight was over they all realised they shared the same values and respected each other's goals and had no reason to fight. Really.

Gabriel

Legendary Member
Reaction score
This was actually the first thing I thought of when I originally saw this topic, but I didn't have a source image for it.

This was the first issue of X-Men I ever bought. Even after all these years, this is one of the finest sequences of battle art I ever saw in comics.

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Reaction score
While the original Sandman costume was distinctive and unusual, the stories and art weren't all that good until Simon & Kirby took over the series. If you haven't bought the reprint of the Simon & Kirby Sandman comics yet, you should track down a copy.
850537230_fcbff31b98_o.jpg

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VS. THE PRODIGY (1976)

Spidey has done a lot of inter-company crossovers and promo comics over the years, from his comic on child abuse to his Aim Toothpaste-inspired anti-cavity comic, even his contemporary and seemingly contradictory team-up with Cap'n Crunch. But the most infamous of these is surely this Planned Parenthood promo comic, in which Spidey battles an alien who's using his powers of persuasion to compel the teenagers of Earth to have unprotected sex, so he can collect their babies for use as cheap labor back on the homeworld.

0p1.jpg0p2.jpg0p3.jpg0p5.jpg0p6.jpg