Best Comic Panels of All Time

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Byrne is a dick, and not nearly talented enough to justify it

I love his artwork for the X-Men and Iron Fist and Powerman. His run with Claremont in the late 70s is still my favourite X-Men period. I also enjoyed his art for Alpha Flight and WCA even if the writing never caught fire. Writing wasn't his strong suit I think.

If you ever have been to his forum, you’ll find he is insufferable. Tristram is right and unfortunately it informs my whole opinion of him. He’s got a ton of sycophants too.

It is well regarded, but I don't much care for Byrne's run on the Fantastic Four. He turned Reed Richards from action scientist into hopeless geek, got rid of Ben and then paired up Johnny with Alicia and then of course the whole Sue-Malice thing.

Then again, after Byrne left, the FF book got really bad.

If you ever have been to his forum, you’ll find he is insufferable. Tristram is right and unfortunately it informs my whole opinion of him. He’s got a ton of sycophants too.
Byrne Robotics...I wonder if they understand how fitting the name is...

Average forum comment: "JB, everything you write and draw is perfect and all your opinions are incontrovertible!"

Today's Freefall was the funniest in a while.

fc03486.png

And the most elaborately set up fart joke in the history of science fiction - this one has a whole story arc building up to it ...

schlock20190205.jpg

Last edited:
Having grown up in a university, I found great amusement in this story arc.

schlock20181213.jpg

schlock20181214.jpg

schlock20181215.jpg

schlock20181216a.jpg

schlock20181216b.jpg

schlock20181216c.jpg

So... is this Leia claiming to be able to see a planet through atmosphere, with her naked eyes, from light years away?

If so, crazily wrong.

Still immeasurably less wrong than seeing the Hosnian system explode all over the sky of a planet, in a different star system, the instant it happened, as insanely insultingly stupidly done by Disney in TFA.

So... is this Leia claiming to be able to see a planet through atmosphere, with her naked eyes, from light years away?

If so, crazily wrong.
I didn't think about it when I posted it, but you're right. Had the Death Star destroyed the star that Alderaan orbited, instead of just the planet itself, the scene would work.

If so, crazily wrong.

Still immeasurably less wrong than seeing the Hosnian system explode all over the sky of a planet, in a different star system, the instant it happened, as insanely insultingly stupidly done by Disney in TFA.

She's not claiming to be able to see it was my take. Just that she always looked in that direction.

If so, crazily wrong.

My assumption was that she was sometimes able to see the star where Alderaan was. So, she sees the star and thinks of Alderaan. I agree...not the best phrasing.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back