Best Comic Panels of All Time

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

David Johansen

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I've always thought it was a really odd choice. Not to mention one that was asking for a trademark infringement suit.

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score
I've always thought it was a really odd choice. Not to mention one that was asking for a trademark infringement suit.
They could claim it's parody and probably got away with it. Plus one large corporation usually doesn't sue another if they have the option of a peaceful solution.

Simon Hogwood

Puritan Bearbearian
Reaction score
I imagine it was originally riffing off the Greek word for "lizard", as seen in the word "dinosaur" and approximately 99% of specific species. That it happens to be the name of a Middle-Earth villain was probably a coincidence.

Amusingly, one of Tolkien's published letters was a response to a well-meaning reader who was asking if Middle-Earth's Sauron was named with the Greek word in mind. You can tell that Tolkien is barely managing to keep himself polite. :gunslinger:

Tom B

Legendary Member
Reaction score
ywVpp.jpg

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I think Spider-man told him he could use his genius to cure cancer, and he said he didn't want to cure cancer he wanted to turn people into dinosaurs (which is a really big motive change from his origin.) He was just fine with mind-controlled mammals and draining life energy to feed on before--not even killing them until he found if he ate mutant energy he turned into a giant pterodactyl man of EEEVIIL, because Lykos himself tried to do a good many times (and he did as Sauron team up with Stegron once, but they ended up fighting one another, apparently. Link for some strange weirdness here: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Karl_Lykos_(Earth-616)

chuckdee

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I think Spider-man told him he could use his genius to cure cancer, and he said he didn't want to cure cancer he wanted to turn people into dinosaurs
That panel is literally on the last page...

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com