Best Comic Panels of All Time

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
What's that from? It might be worth seeking out.

That's from the fairly recent Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt series from Dynamite, by Kieron Gillen and Caspar Wijngaard. It's very good, but mostly if you like comics that are more about comics than they are about the characters in them. I hope that makes sense.

They take the character, who was the inspiration for Ozymandias from Watchmen, and they use him to examine the impact of Watchmen on both the industry and on other creators.

So each issue is Gillen writing in a style of another creator. So that panel is from issue 1, which is written in a very Warren Ellis style.....hence why chuckdee chuckdee guessed it was from The Authority.

Capture.JPG

I thought this was a cool moment from the recent Secret Wars series by Hickman and Ribic.

View attachment 32039

I thought this was a cool moment from the recent Secret Wars series by Hickman and Ribic.
What i hated about that was that it didn't show the hubris of Doom. Most of his facial ruin is self-inflicted. The original explosion was only a scar and he burned his face by putting on the mask when it was still hot off the forge.

I loved that detail, but yet another cool thing forgotten in time.

They did Transformers / My Little Pony this isn't even surprising.

Still, I think the premise is interesting though I'd probably use a more science fictiony take. Really, when you think about it Berserkers and Decepticons really aren't that far apart. I'd want the Federation starship turning out to be a transformer to be the big climactic moment though. That said, I don't think the Transformers are anywhere near the Federation's technology level.

On the other hand, Picard trying to moderate a debate between Optimus Prime and Megatron sounds amusing.

Optimus: "Cant you see we share many values? Can't you help us? Access to your unlimited warp core energy could end this war and restore Cybertron!"

Picard: "We don't take sides in the affairs of developing cultures, if your race becomes extinct that's how it goes."

Megatron: "Spoken like a true Decepticon! But if you will not share we will take what we need by force!"

Picard: "Q! I know you're behind this! Come out and end this farce immediately! I refuse to cooperate with this madness."

Q: "Oh no mon capitan it is not I, but a greater power, one known only as IDW"

Pretty sure no-one demanded that.

Pretty sure.

No, but I didn’t ever think it possible. Now that I know it’s possible, I want a sequel with The Next Generation. See what a Galaxy class starship looks like turned into a giant robot. :grin:

No, but I didn’t ever think it possible. Now that I know it’s possible, I want a sequel with The Next Generation. See what a Galaxy class starship looks like turned into a giant robot. :grin:
If anything- the defiant. There's no bits and bobs hanging off, so it would look like the pilsbury doughboy.

It was probably just as well that I never became a parent.

View attachment 32867

I'm quite partial to "You're not too old for the baby oil factory."

Unfortunately, #1 spawn is autistic, very good at gross motor skills and creative problem solving and doesn't really do received wisdom. #2 spawn is neurotypical but largely takes his cues from #1. #3 spawn is a little over 6 months old, now mobile and starting to take cues from her brothers as well. They're free spirits - sweet, delightful and incorrigibly naughty. Mrs. Nobby-W wants a 4th, but I keep telling her it's a 50% chance of another boy.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, #1 spawn is autistic, very good at gross motor skills and creative problem solving and doesn't really do received wisdom. #2 spawn is neurotypical but largely takes his cues from #1. #3 spawn is a little over 6 months old, now mobile and starting to take cues from her brothers as well. They're free spirits - sweet, delightful and incorrigibly naughty. Mrs. Nobby-W wants a 4th, but I keep telling her it's a 50% chance of another boy.
Give in! Misery loves company! Wait that's not what I meant!

I worked with a guy who had two kids and then him and his wife decided they wanted a third.

They had triplets.

He could laugh about it when telling people, but it was a little forced, to be honest.

I worked with a guy who had two kids and then him and his wife decided they wanted a third.

They had triplets.

He could laugh about it when telling people, but it was a little forced, to be honest.

Forever and a half ago, I was pretty serious about a woman who was the second of six-- her older brother, her, a decade passes, and then two sets of twins eleven months apart.

Forever and a half ago, I was pretty serious about a woman who was the second of six-- her older brother, her, a decade passes, and then two sets of twins eleven months apart.
Depending on the age they started having kids at that either sounds insane or just fine.

Ahhh, that Legion arc vs the Time Trapper, when that small band threw all the rules away. Solid gold. If only the bastards didn't cheapen it all down the line by not letting the TT STAY dead. Now as to this one ... the original was taped to my refrigerators for years, until it fell to pieces:

calvin the mighty god lg.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back