Best Comic Panels of All Time

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
30 miles

edit* GAH! 15 miles, I multiplied when I should have divided! That's why you show your work.

60 minutes / hour x 60 miles / hour = 1 mile per minute so 10 miles in ten minutes. At 30 you go half that. Add them together and you get 15. Dead simple and I got it wrong the first time :grin:

Last edited:
Embarrassingly, my brain seized up when I read this. I would totally fail 1st grade if I had to take it over again.
I never bothered to try figuring it out before, but I think Susie is right.

71893679_2642544349123140_3713541595862138880_o.jpg

70995272_2642597362451172_6981654229400158208_o.jpg
That's almost as dramatic as my daughter gets when she has to do her mandatory 30 minutes of reading at home every day.

That's almost as dramatic as my daughter gets when she has to do her mandatory 30 minutes of reading at home every day.
You mean you fight for longer than it takes to actually do the work too?

Two of my favorite Flash covers:
15531-1995-17312-1-flash-the.jpg
The_Flash_Vol_1_249.jpg
I like the composition and artwork, but also they have sentimental value as these are the first two issues of Flash that I remember owning. The story is a bit cornball with a incorporeal lifeform creating bodies based on a kid's drawings, but the resolution is fun. Still have them, along with a bunch more from the Cary Bates/Irv Novick run. I really wish they'd collect those comics in a paperback or hardcover format.

I also like Carmine Infantino's Flash from when he came back to the comic book in the '80s as well. He did some great covers and I like his late-period stylized art. Some folks put it down but I enjoy it. "The Trial of the Flash" storyline was awful and interminable, but the art was cool. Getting rid of the Silver Age Flash was one of the nails in the coffin for DC as far as I was concerned as he was one of my favorite characters.
BA2.jpg
FLASH_342_1959_grande.jpg

I never bothered to try figuring it out before, but I think Susie is right.
She is. 60 MPH is a mile a minute, while 30 MPH is a half-mile a minute. So Jack would have to clear 10 miles before passing Joe, while Joe, who is traveling at half Jack's speed, would only be able to clear 5 miles before passing Jack. From there, it's simple addition.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back