Best Comic Panels of All Time

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
OMAC was cyberpunk a decade before that term existed.

View attachment 13162

When I was 6 or 7, a visiting relative had stopped to get some comics to give to us kids. I think they just randomly grabbed stuff without looking inside, grabbed a horror comic, too.

One of them was the comic with this panel. A factory full of female parts is a hell of a thing to foist on a kid.

A young Jim Shooter needed money so he carefully researched the comicbook market and when he was satified he understood it wrote a script and submitted it to DC. DC bought the script and asked for a few more, then more still.

Eventually Jim gets a phone call from a DC editor asking him to come over to New York to discuss a book. Jim hesitates on the phone and it suddenly dawns on the DC editor.

The DC editor suddenly "Erm.. how old are you?"
Jim replies "14, sir."
The DC Editor pauses. "Can I speak with you mom, son."

And that is how Marvel famous editor in-chief career in comics started.

Not certain what the confusion is...

...unless it's the fact that they skip the part about having a threesome with the clone before dumping her?
But but why the clone? I mean what's the point?

But..but.. the style of the art... the content of the text... the comics is used to read that looked like that didn't express those kind of concepts... not overtly at any rate.

after the clone gets dumped, she gets really into Satanism and starts wearing Elvira-brand outfits

bee303960c2dcdda16c5daa0bf5a832a.jpg
Again how does that help him or the wife?

I knew they had Zombie Marvel, I didn't know they had Werewolf Marvel.

jg

I knew they had Zombie Marvel, I didn't know they had Werewolf Marvel.

jg
That was just one storyline in Captain America, "Man & Wolf," that ran for about 6 issues. Probably would have been better received if it wasn't for the bog standard house style of the day. As it was, people at the time seemed to really hate it. It guest-starred just about every wolfy character extant, including Man-Wolf, but iirc Cap was the only one who got werewolfed. It all harkens back to a story from the early 70s where Cap's buddy Falcon is the one that gets lycanized.

That was just one storyline in Captain America, "Man & Wolf," that ran for about 6 issues. Probably would have been better received if it wasn't for the bog standard house style of the day. As it was, people at the time seemed to really hate it. It guest-starred just about every wolfy character extant, including Man-Wolf, but iirc Cap was the only one who got werewolfed. It all harkens back to a story from the early 70s where Cap's buddy Falcon is the one that gets lycanized.

Yeah I remember capwolf from that time, but the art was too much of a turn-off for me

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back