Best Comic Panels of All Time

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
People without feet make my bowels freeze up.

So IDW is doing a GI Joe Snake Eyes comic and I was like "oh hell yeah I should check that out" and then I learned it was Liefeld written and drawn... and I'm like, "oh no".

That said, surprisingly the art isn't nearly as bad as I was fearing it would be... (it still isn't great, but it isn't straight ass).

With hindsight, I am not sure I fully believe in the "...and the best is yet to come" claim from above Jim Lee X-Men panel.

Definitely. Although it certainly did feel like a valid outlook back in 1991.

I guess when you're on the top of the mountain, all you can see is sky, but still the only way to go is down. X-Men was definitely at the very peak of the mountain.

the Penis clan in Jersey City.

The penis clan is a lie! They named it to hold down the women in the clan!

People rag on him about his feet all the time. My internal voice screams it's not the feet. It's the whole understanding of the human form!

So IDW is doing a GI Joe Snake Eyes comic and I was like "oh hell yeah I should check that out" and then I learned it was Liefeld written and drawn... and I'm like, "oh no".

That said, surprisingly the art isn't nearly as bad as I was fearing it would be... (it still isn't great, but it isn't straight ass).

I gave up reading G.I.Joe comics years ago.
I don’t even read the stuff Hama does any more. My personal canon is the original Marvel run and that’s it.

I gave up reading G.I.Joe comics years ago.
I don’t even read the stuff Hama does any more. My personal canon is the original Marvel run and that’s it.

There are some really good parts of the original IDW run. Not that all of it is good, but individual stories can be amazing. Cobra: The Last Laugh is actually one of my favorite comic storylines ever. It's very much a spy story more than a standard war story though (about a Joe who goes deep cover inside Cobra).

And I mean, original Marvel run also had some parts that were... really questionable in the latter half when it was clear that it had become more about the toys than the story. (Eco Warriors/Drug Elimination Force).

Well, I’ve written elsewhere on the Pub that the best part of the original run was issues 1-59. After that it started to slide downhill and really went over the cliff after 109.

I liked the Cobra civil war storyline a lot, whereF red, one of the Crimson Guard clones IIRC, poses as Cobra Commander and only Baroness knows his secret

Yeah, that was one of the better parts of the middle era for the Marvel run. The other highlight was the Snake-Eyes Trilogy (#94-96). I also enjoyed Mark D. Bright's artwork during this run.

From memory, the conversation regarding the placement of the images went roughly as follows...

Me: "So, why...?"
Owner: (*evil grin*) "To punish our customers who have good taste."
Me: "Yeah, well, I closed my eyes while sitting down. Just saying."
Owner: "Guys don't always have that option."
Co-owner: "If a guy misses because he's got his eyes closed, you're the one cleaning up afterwards. Just saying."

20210312_174501.jpg

From memory, the conversation regarding the placement of the images went roughly as follows...

Me: "So, why...?"
Owner: (*evil grin*) "To punish our customers who have good taste."
Me: "Yeah, well, I closed my eyes while sitting down. Just saying."
Owner: "Guys don't always have that option."
Co-owner: "If a guy misses because he's got his eyes closed, you're the one cleaning up afterwards. Just saying."

View attachment 28109
So this is the problem with kids these days. This was their golden age.

I'll never forget the signs at the Frankfurt Airport explaining that you need to sit on the toilets, and not get up and stand on the seat.
New Zealand does a roaring trade in overseas students, mostly from China and Malaysia, and one day while I was doing my bachelor's they installed those signs all over the dunnies at my university as well.

Lois Lane's hair colour seems to change every time I encounter the character.

The only thing I haven't seen is her as a blonde.

Dana Delany's stint as her in the DCAU is actually something that struck me when watching the new DC animated stuff. The versions of Lois in the recent animated movies have terrible zombified/bored voices in comparison.

At least neither of us thought of Amy Adams. She’s the worst Lois I can think of, even more than Margot “Can You Read My Mind” Kidder.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back