Best Comic Panels of All Time

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
At least neither of us thought of Amy Adams. She’s the worst Lois I can think of, even more than Margot “Can You Read My Mind” Kidder.

Yeah, I like Amy Adams a lot, but that casting was...bizarro

Dana Delany's stint as her in the DCAU is actually something that struck me when watching the new DC animated stuff. The versions of Lois in the recent animated movies have terrible zombified/bored voices in comparison.

I thought Christina Hendricks did a really good job in All Star Superman. She woulldn't work for a live action film, but her voicework fit the characer really well.

I thought Christina Hendricks did a really good job in All Star Superman. She woulldn't work for a live action film, but her voicework fit the characer really well.
She was grand actually, it was Rebecca Romijn I was thinking of. Maybe if I watched it again I might think differently, but it seemed really phoned in at the time.

At least neither of us thought of Amy Adams. She’s the worst Lois I can think of, even more than Margot “Can You Read My Mind” Kidder.
Margot Kidder is Lois for me. But seeing g Superman he Movie at the cinema when I was 7 may have something to do with that.

As old and cheesy as it is, that film just keeps getting better. Even in the Marvel age, it still has the definitive big screen version of Superman. And that shot where Christopher Reeve goes from Clark to Superman and back. That's how a pair of glasses can be a convincing disguise.

The first season of Lois and Clark was so good. But it was Lex Luthor who stole the show. "Call the lawyers sir?" "Yes...call the lawyers."

Yeah, John Shea was the first one that played a charismatic Luthor, and his whole intro signaled that this was going to be a different Superman story. (Also one of the only ones you could really see that had the charm to realistically pull Lois in)

Margot Kidder is Lois for me. But seeing g Superman he Movie at the cinema when I was 7 may have something to do with that.

As old and cheesy as it is, that film just keeps getting better. Even in the Marvel age, it still has the definitive big screen version of Superman. And that shot where Christopher Reeve goes from Clark to Superman and back. That's how a pair of glasses can be a convincing disguise.
That's the scene I bring up anytime someone wants to question Christopher Reeve's acting ability.

JG

Civilian consultants were the worst in ‘Nam. Always had to weigh in on everything.

Attachments

• 429F200E-3EA0-4DA6-BB49-5A3080FA865B.jpeg
    429F200E-3EA0-4DA6-BB49-5A3080FA865B.jpeg
    557.1 KB · Views: 19
From Betty #46 - February 1997

View attachment 28859

(and I've checked - yes, it's real)
Complete with CRT monitors, image tube cameras and Jetsons-era fashions. I think I'm the only person I know that has a wall clock, and it's been quite a few years since I saw one in an office.
And school boards enforcing mandatory video surveillance of minors in their homes turned out to be such a good idea.

That Betty comic panel went from midly amusing to positively spooky when I noticed the date in the title!

Complete with CRT monitors, image tube cameras and Jetsons-era fashions. I think I'm the only person I know that has a wall clock, and it's been quite a few years since I saw one in an office.
And school boards enforcing mandatory video surveillance of minors in their homes turned out to be such a good idea.
I wonder if that surveillance symbol on the wall is original or if it was added.

I think I'm the only person I know that has a wall clock, and it's been quite a few years since I saw one in an office.
There's two in my department. Then out out in the shop. I used to have one (a coo coo clock) in my living room. Its in need of repair, though.

I had a college wall clock for a while but it sucked at keeping time and made way too much noise. I do have a trio of gauges on the wall( temperature, barometer and humidity )

Original. It shows up on the 2nd page as well.

Edit: the first page was posted from Archie's twitter account, so I don't think they would have reason to fake or alter it.

View attachment 28872

I totally get the home-schooling and the video conferencing. But, wait, she get to go out and see her friends afterwards??! What the hell is that?

I think I'm the only person I know that has a wall clock, and it's been quite a few years since I saw one in an office.
We have a lot of clocks in our home--well, six--though most of them sit on shelves or furniture rather than hanging on walls.

Most classrooms I am in still have wall clocks, for which I am grateful.

This deserves its own whole thread.
As you ask, I've been admiring an old Ant-Man cover for the past month (pretty sure it's Jack Kirby) on my calendar, but from tomorrow I'll get to enjoy a classic Gil Kane Iron Man cover ("The Birth of Power!").

Life is good.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back