Best Comic Panels of All Time

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Never been much of an X-Men fan or reader, but what a great splash page.
latest.jpg
Special note: as a kid I assumed his name was pronounced the Spanish way, with the X making an H sound, as in Javier: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_(name)

I didn't think X as in X-Men for quite some time. Pronouncing his name "Ex-ay-vee-er" still grates on my ears. Of course, now I call him Profesor Javier and assume he is a closet Latino.

Last edited:
Cheating with two panels but still a hilarious dialogue blunder.
captain-america-blooper.gif

3c7.jpg
I just find this hugely entertaining...something you'll never again see done unself-consciously in today's "serious" "adult" comics about men in Spandex beating each other up.

In my eXiles game, one of my new PCs is Vic Doom; Cynthia and Werner von Doom fled Latveria as political refugees, Americanized their names, and their son Victor grew up on Yancy Street and became a supernatural private detective.

He has a professional rivalry with Jessica Jones, because their cases always crossover. It's complicated by the fact that Vic always owes her husband money.

Maybe I'm having a Mandela effect moment, but I remember it being much smaller when I saw it as a kid

I think there is some tricky photography going on there. The perspective of this photo makes the case look huge, and the woman looking it at it small.

The painting in the photo is definitely smaller than the one Batman is doodling on though. Compare the woman's head to the size of the painting in the photo. Then compare the size of Batman's head to the size of the painting in the comic. Aside from the size of the painting itself, compare the size of the Mona Lisa herself to the actual person. In the photo, the painting is clearly smaller than life size. In the comic, Batman is to scale with the Mona Lisa.

The Mona Lisa isn't tiny, but it isn't as big as the comic either. It's also probably the smallest painting we can see in that room which would have added to you thinking of it as small.

Sadly, you can't get Hostess Fruit Pies [TM] here any more, so I'll be moving forward with my dastardly plot.

Hostess pies are a shadow of their former glory. They are so soft they fall apart before you even take them out of the packaging.

Somehow without Captain America, it just doesn't feel like the Avengers, even though he wasn't a founder.
avengers_form.jpg

I love comics that didn't take superheroes seeiously...
latest.jpg

1353716734579301521.jpg

I'm going to say a cover is but a panel writ large. And this is one of the greatest covers ever:
latest-8.jpg
You don't often see Captain America sucker-punching two spies while the Sub-Mariner chokes a third.

A much-forgotten Golden Age great...gotta love Cat-Man swinging that guy by the ankles to put the beat-down on another:
0-3.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back