Best Comic Panels of All Time

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Where they from Kansas or Alabama?
If you both don’t know about Silver Age Superman and the incest tales, to the point DC editorial at one point put notes in reprints to explain it away, you’re missing some quality “WTF?” In comics.

ETA: I just realized you might think that I mean modern reprints had disclaimers. It was actually back then, as the editors realized they’d gotten too creepy for kids book.

I really need to find a website I can sell an article on that area of comics to.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Spider-Wolf, since that would give him some symmetry with Man-Wolf (who was J. Jonah Jameson's son, infected by space-lycanthropy).

This sentence...
I REALLY need to read some Marvel comics now.

So on a whim I picked up the 'True Believers' $1 reprint of the Marvel Premiere issue that transitions Man-Wolf from a bestial-yet-tragic antagonist for Spider-Man into a swords-and-planet hero.

Man-Wolf.jpg

Needless to say, it's pretty bonkers.

So on a whim I picked up the 'True Believers' $1 reprint of the Marvel Premiere issue that transitions Man-Wolf from a bestial-yet-tragic antagonist for Spider-Man into a swords-and-planet hero.

View attachment 42295

He’s worked for both Captain America and Black Panther. I wonder if he listed this on his resume.

View attachment 42295

I think you meant to say that it's pretty wizard. Spiderman's enemy's son get space-lycanthrope and becomes a sword and planet hero. \m/

This panel, for some reason, blew my mind when I was a pre-teen. I still love it. Sorry for the crappy quality. I love 90s Jim Lee.

View attachment 42326

For me it was the Nick Fury appearance and the half-splash of Rogue flying that did it for me.

Fun fact: Life and Torg had caused me to pay very little attention in the year or so before x-Men #1 released. When I saw multiple covers on the stand I thought the store I was at had once again left old issues on the stand, and I bought two. I was very confused when I got home and looked at them.

I think Jim Lee’s X-Men run is one of the few things I regret giving to a coworker’s son to get him addicted to comics.

Xmen202.jpg

I thought I had posted this one before. Maybe someone else has. But I've loved this moment from when I first saw it all those years ago.

X-Men #173 has the fight with Wolverine and Silver Samurai which I love because it's a pure cinematic moment. While looking at those panels, I feel like I've watched them play out on a movie screen. This instance in X-Men #202 is entirely different. This is a pure comics moment. It's the synthesis of the art and the text in a way that a movie simply could not replicate.

I love Claremont's Storm. I love this Claremont/Romita Jr era of X-Men.

View attachment 42556

I thought I had posted this one before. Maybe someone else has. But I've loved this moment from when I first saw it all those years ago.

X-Men #173 has the fight with Wolverine and Silver Samurai which I love because it's a pure cinematic moment. While looking at those panels, I feel like I've watched them play out on a movie screen. This instance in X-Men #202 is entirely different. This is a pure comics moment. It's the synthesis of the art and the text in a way that a movie simply could not replicate.

I love Claremont's Storm. I love this Claremont/Romita Jr era of X-Men.
The average human being can endure a force of between 4 to 6 G for several seconds before blacking out. Being young and fit, we can assume that Storm can reach the higher end of the range.

Her hair, on the other hand, appears to be supported by greater than human strength.

Another mutant apologist trying to ignore the fact the muties used enough hair spray in the 80s to be personally responsible for 80% of the hole in the ozone lair.
I'm pretty sure the whole of the US was responsible for that problem. And I have the movies and pictures to prove it. My god who knew hair could stand that high and rigid. What a perversion of science.

I'm pretty sure the whole of the US was responsible for that problem. And I have the movies and pictures to prove it. My god who knew hair could stand that high and rigid. What a perversion of science.

No, just the muties.

Gingercide is always serious business.

e046184f238340828171d1838c895920.png

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back