Best Comic Panels of All Time

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I'm just stuck wondering where she gets her hair done?

Wrong place, but I didn't really want to start a thread for this. Did y'all know there was a TV show based on Mike Grell's comic book, Jon Sable: Freelance?

It's pretty awful, but in a totally 80s way that gets me every time. The whole series is on YouTube, but the quality is ass. I bought a bootleg DVD (it's never had ANY legitimate home media release), and the quality is slightly better ass.

I've got Southern Knights collections. Surprisingly unaware of the connection of the name to unsavory elements when I read them the first time.

I've got Southern Knights collections. Surprisingly unaware of the connection of the name to unsavory elements when I read them the first time.

You mean to AC Comics, or something else?

Wrong place, but I didn't really want to start a thread for this. Did y'all know there was a TV show based on Mike Grell's comic book, Jon Sable: Freelance?

It's pretty awful, but in a totally 80s way that gets me every time. The whole series is on YouTube, but the quality is ass. I bought a bootleg DVD (it's never had ANY legitimate home media release), and the quality is slightly better ass.

Yep. Watched it. It...did not live up to my hopes. :sad:

53588188_10156107678640777_2693051061320548352_n.jpg

I have a complete collection of both Charlton Blue Beetles and I love Gil Kane, so what's not to like? (This is before DC utterly destroyed the character of Ted Kord by making him "funny" and imbecilic.)

How many Hero Points did that cost, I wonder?
Best Tiger pulls shit like that all the time. It's like you have Bullseye-level marksmanship with near Daredevil-level senses, with a John Woo cool mixed in for good measure.

Avengers #177... The Korvac Showdown

This comic affected me. Before the Infinity Gauntlet... Korvac whooping that ass on the Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy in this issue was intense. But the beginning of that issue really set it up. Written by Jim Shooter himself and art by the underrated David Wenzel (whom I always thought his style was very close, almost too lcose, to Sal Buscema)... anyhow... a truly amazing storyarc. This issue in particular is literally jam-packed - each panel is intense. They simply do not make comics like this anymore.

View attachment 8651
View attachment 8652

View attachment 8653
View attachment 8654
...and once the fight was over they all realised they shared the same values and respected each other's goals and had no reason to fight. Really.

While the original Sandman costume was distinctive and unusual, the stories and art weren't all that good until Simon & Kirby took over the series. If you haven't bought the reprint of the Simon & Kirby Sandman comics yet, you should track down a copy.
850537230_fcbff31b98_o.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back