Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Rick's been in business for 49 years now and FBI is almost certainly the oldest hobby gaming company still operating. A flashy website is no real guarantee of anything.

I kind of get the feeling that Flying Buffalo is more of a side gig, and just keeping the games alive and available rather than a primary source of income. Very little marketing, almost entirely word of mouth. Seems to be working for them as I believe all of their kickstarters have done well. The most recent one for MSPE had almost 900 backers and got $31,000 or a little more than 3x their $10,000 goal.

My favorite out of print RPG is Albedo, either first or second edition. I think Albedo: Platinum Catalyst from Sanguine is still in production, but it's an entirely different game/system. So, Albedo for sure. In fact, it'll probably be my next "Let's Read", if and when I finish doing Prime Directive.
I thought they're still offering Albedo in print via Drivethru?

I would like to see the old WEG D6 get some love. It's pretty good for pulpy games, easily rivals things out there like Savage Worlds.
Obviously D6 Star Wars is an old favourite, although beyond its anniversary reprint that line won't come back due to the current FFG Star Wars line. Ghostbusters really deserves to show up again, this time as a good quality anniversary reprint. The game was perfect for what it did.

I would also like to see Iron Crown Enterprises re-release all the Shadow World settings and modules, this time just doing it stat-free. That way it could be run in any system, its not locked to Rolemaster. There is a huge amount of content there that could live again.

Last edited:
I would like to see the old WEG D6 get some love. It's pretty good for pulpy games, easily rivals things out there like Savage Worlds.
The D6 System has been available under the OGL for a decade.

I thought they're still offering Albedo in print via Drivethru?

That would be Albedo: Platinum Catalyst, from Sanguine. IIRC, it uses a system based on their Jadeclaw/Ironclaw games. There are two books in the Sanguine line. I'm not a fan of the system (Troupe style, player controls their character as well as a few supporting ones), but the background info is solid. The 1st and 2nd editions were written by Paul Kidd and Craig Hilton. 2d6 roll under system, with degrees of success and/or failure. Cool system, cool setting. My sole exception to the "no furries" rule...

I don't know if that's from Sanguine, but here's a link to Lulu:

This says it's not available, and they've taken it off drivethru, so my guess is they just haven't gotten around to taking it off lulu yet.

This says it's not available, and they've taken it off drivethru, so my guess is they just haven't gotten around to taking it off lulu yet.

Albedo: Platinum Catalyst is currently available on drivethrurpg, here's a link:

Used to be two books, they rolled it into one. Like I said, it's great for lore. You may like the system more than I do...

That would be Albedo: Platinum Catalyst, from Sanguine. IIRC, it uses a system based on their Jadeclaw/Ironclaw games. There are two books in the Sanguine line. I'm not a fan of the system (Troupe style, player controls their character as well as a few supporting ones), but the background info is solid. The 1st and 2nd editions were written by Paul Kidd and Craig Hilton. 2d6 roll under system, with degrees of success and/or failure. Cool system, cool setting. My sole exception to the "no furries" rule...
You might check out Justifiers. It's furriest too but in a grim dark kind of way.

You might check out Justifiers. It's furriest too but in a grim dark kind of way.

Justifiers would be exception two. But that's it,I swear!

Also, on topic of Albedo, it was inspired by a long running comic book story, which can be read for free on the owner's site.

I love Justifiers. Though I hate the hybrid sourcebooks coverart.

I used to own the old Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium, and while it was alright, I wouldn't spend silly money on it now. I'm more interested in how Modiphius' new version of Dune RPG will work out.

Yeah I know, I would just like to see it in Star Wars and Ghostbusters again :grin:
The D6 version of Star Wars is available in print. It just had a special anniversary release by FFG. You can buy it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1...3db-48081e145e35&pf_rd_r=3ZBXJCM7HSE89P6JEPRH

Ghostbusters isn't officially available in print, but I did have my own box reconstructed using the free PDF files available online and a cardset and a Ghostbuster dice specially designed. These can be ordered at the Nerdy Show website. Here it is. https://nerdyshow.com/gbrpg/howtoplay/

Also regarding Ghostbusters...

It used to be that one of the most difficult things to get hold of was a Ghost Die. I recall a time when single Ghost dice regularly sold on ebay for over $100.

Trippy has provided an option above, but another option if you'd like some miniatures would be to get the Ghostbusters board games by Cryptozoic. Each set comes with several ghost dice as well as a lot of miniatures of ghosts.

Speaking of D6...

DC Universe, I liked it. I know it's not "classic" D6, but it works for me.

The World of Indiana Jones. Didn't care for Masterbook, but the D6 conversions? Awesome.

The World of Indiana Jones. Didn't care for Masterbook, but the D6 conversions? Awesome.

There were d6 conversions in that?

I understand why they went with the Torgish Adventure Deck idea for Indiana Jones. Reading Torg, it seemed the whole deck idea was specifically dreamed up in relation to Indiana Jones.

But a Indiana Jones game along the same lines as Star Wars d6 1e would have been sublime. It really should have been on that same system. They would have gone together like chocolate and peanut butter.

There were d6 conversions in that?

I understand why they went with the Torgish Adventure Deck idea for Indiana Jones. Reading Torg, it seemed the whole deck idea was specifically dreamed up in relation to Indiana Jones.

But a Indiana Jones game along the same lines as Star Wars d6 1e would have been sublime. It really should have been on that same system. They would have gone together like chocolate and peanut butter.
Yeah, there were conversions, and some books were entirely D6 based. I never looked into why, I wonder if Masterbook wasn't doing as well as WEG hoped, so they switched to D6, or vice versa, or some other reason. Lemme look at some.of my stuff. Most of it was Masterbook, but there was one book of adventures that was entirely statted for D6. And one of the other books had conversions. And, yeah, D6 seems a natural for for Indy. It was pitch perfect for Star Wars, which had the same "classic serials through an 80s Lucas lens" sensibility.

Speaking of out of print favorites, I have seen Golden Heroes author Simon Burley state on more than one occasion that he KNOWS Games Workshop would like him to do a Kickstarter to fund a new printing, but he doubts there would be sufficient interest/profitability.

Also regarding Ghostbusters...

It used to be that one of the most difficult things to get hold of was a Ghost Die. I recall a time when single Ghost dice regularly sold on ebay for over $100.

Trippy has provided an option above, but another option if you'd like some miniatures would be to get the Ghostbusters board games by Cryptozoic. Each set comes with several ghost dice as well as a lot of miniatures of ghosts.
Ghost Dice are actually pretty easy to get from third party sources. You can also have them made. There was/is a site that was selling Ghost Dice as well as sets of equipment cards. They also hosted/host PDFs of the entire rules set. I have two spare Ghost Dice so I don't have to pass mine around when we play.

The D6 version of Star Wars is available in print. It just had a special anniversary release by FFG. You can buy it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1...3db-48081e145e35&pf_rd_r=3ZBXJCM7HSE89P6JEPRH

Ghostbusters isn't officially available in print, but I did have my own box reconstructed using the free PDF files available online and a cardset and a Ghostbuster dice specially designed. These can be ordered at the Nerdy Show website. Here it is. https://nerdyshow.com/gbrpg/howtoplay/
The SWD6RPG is pretty cheap used on UK Amazon. Back in the day, I had this edition. And there's always SWD6REUP.

Also don’t forget D6 (2nd edition) is coming back from Gallant Knight Games for Zorro, following the kickstarter earlier this year

Oh a Zorro game? Cool!

I have a copy of TSR's Marvel Superheroes which I think is mostly complete. A couple of official modules are also in the box. If anyone who lives in the Toronto area wants it, I will give it to you.

Is that really Stan Sakai selling it on Lulu? I'm very interested in getting a hardcopy but not giving my money to a bootlegger.

The name on the lulu account is one of the Sanguine authors, so they're probably getting the money (but not Sakai assuming the license has run out).

Ghost Dice are actually pretty easy to get from third party sources. You can also have them made. There was/is a site that was selling Ghost Dice as well as sets of equipment cards. They also hosted/host PDFs of the entire rules set. I have two spare Ghost Dice so I don't have to pass mine around when we play.

Ghost die? Pffft. The "Hero Dice" from DC Universe are $125 bucks for a USED set of 4.

I really love Erick Wujcik's Amber Dicless RPG. I know that you can buy it on drivethru and other sources, but it's a different company making the money and Erick's ideas were never written up beyond the core rulebook and Shadow Knight supplement. Such a shame that ADRP is fading away, as it used to be highly discussed on many boards and now is a ghost of itself. :sad:

Weren't those sold in packs of 6?
You've uncovered Gringnr Gringnr's nefarious scheme: he buys three sets of six, resells them as sets of four, and keeps the remaining six for himself, thus acquiring for free a complete set of dice for his own use while cheating his customers.

You've uncovered Gringnr Gringnr's nefarious scheme: he buys three sets of six, resells them as sets of four, and keeps the remaining six for himself, thus acquiring for free a complete set of dice for his own use while cheating his customers.
Wish I had thought of it tbh

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back