Best Represented Actor in you DVD Movie Collection?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

PolarBlues

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
For those who still have physcial DVDs, ever wondered which actor appears most frequently in your movie collection?

In my case, it turns out to be Milla Jovovich with 9 appearances from six Resident Evil movies, Fifth Element, Monster Hunter and Ultraviolet (sic!), but not, TristramEvans TristramEvans will be reassured to hear, her 2019 Hellboy. She is for me the definitive action-actress of her generation.

The cheeky answer in my case would probably be Stan Lee, due to his various cameos.

Who is your best represented actor?

TV series don't count for the purpose of this thread, otherwise anyone with full set of Stargate can claim 1 million appearances of Amanda Tapping.

Huh. Lemme consult my shelf. Its one of Mel Gibson, Bob Deniro, or Ian McKellan. I have a lot CDs in binders and shoe boxes, so a physical count isn't going to happen.

Hmmm... considering I have the boxed set of the first 5 Resident Evil movies, it's probably Milla Jovovich for me as well. Not sure, though, I'll have to count at some point. Currently @ work, so not possible. I also have some boxed sets of old B&W horror movies, so it might be Lon Chaney or Boris Karloff or Vincent Price.

Uh, good question. Despite having several hundred blurays and DVDs I don't think I own a single movie starring Mila Jojovich...

Oh wait, no, that was her in The Professional wasn't it? OK, one movie.

And Bladerunner makes one Harrison Ford film I think.

Looking at my movies...I hope it's not Johnny Depp. Fuck, is it Johnny Depp?

Let's see, Nightmare on Elm Street, Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, Sweeny Todd, and The Ninth Gate. That's 5.

Oh, I think Christian Bale beats him. American Psycho, Equilibrium, Howl's Moving Castle, and the Dark Knight Trilogy. That's 6.

lol, actually, just thought about it and I think Robert Englund beats them both for 7 Elm street films and the voice of the Vulture in Spectacular Spider-man.

Seems weird with all my movies, though. I almost wonder if it might be some character actor that shows up everywhere like Ian Holm or something.

Since I have the entire Babylon Five series, The Orville, and both Tron movies, on DVD there's a good chance it's Bruce Boxleitner of all people.

Without getting to deep in the weeds of comparing entire cast lists, it looks like for me it might be a tie between Harrison Ford (Four Indiana Jones and Cowboys & Aliens) and Michael Caine (Dark Knight trilogy, Inception, and The Prestige). Wait, apparently Caine was also in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, so he wins with six. :tongue:

Guessing Harrison Ford which hadn't even crossed my mind before I saw him suggested, but with the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises plus a few individual films he is solidly in the running. Let me go science this.

Don't have much of a DVD collection, so I'm willing to bet the only actors in more than one of my movies are the voice actors for He-Man and She-Ra.

I've got the run of He-Man (1982 & 2003) and She-Ra (1985), Dungeons & Dragons, and Deadpool. I'm planning on springing for BraveStarr and Legend of the Galaxy Rangers at some point... but for the most part I just don't keep my videos on disk anymore.

Count what I've got on my hard drive? Maybe Ryan Reynolds, maybe Richard Dean Anderson... Benedict Cumberbatch?

I don't have a whole lot of overlap.

Depends on how you count my collection, I guess, since my SO and I have a merged collection.

Going by "my" DVDs, it would probably be a tie between Harrison Ford and Ian McKellen.

If we include all the DVDs we own together, though...the honor goes to Alan Rickman, thanks to my SO owning every Harry Potter movie on DVD, plus a few others he's been in.

Ok, so here goes, some of these are on VHS, I'm cutting it off at 6:

Clint Eastwood (17) A Fistful of dollars, For a few dollars more, The Good the bad and the ugly, Hang 'em high, Where eagles dare, Two mules for Sister Sara, Kelly's Heroes, Dirty Harry, High plains drifter, Magnum Force, The Outlaw Josey Wales, The enforcer, Sudden impact, Pale Rider, The Dead Pool, Pink Cadillac, Space cowboys

Sean Connery (13) Dr No, From Russia With Love, Gold Finger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, Diamonds are forever, Outland, Time Bandits, Never say never again, The Untouchables, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Rock, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Bruce Willis (12) Die Hard, Die Hard 2, Die Hard with a Vengeance, Live Free or Die Hard, The Last Boy Scout, Striking Distance, Last Man Standing, The Fifth Element, The Whole 9 Yards, Tears of the Sun, Red

Steve Martin (10) The Muppet Movie, The Jerk, Dead men don't wear plaid, The man with two brains, Little shop of horrors, Roxanne, Dirty rotten scoundrels, Paranthood, My blue heaven, LA story

Tom Hanks (10) Bachelor Party, Dragnet, Turner & Hooch, Joe vs the volcano, Apollo 13, Toy Story, Saving Private Ryan, Toy Story 2, The Polar Express, Cars

Harrison Ford (9) Star Wars, Empire, Return, Raiders, Temple, Last Crusade, Crystal Skull, Apocalypse, Blade Runner

Kurt Russell (7) Used Cars, Escape from New York, The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Tombstone, Escape from LA, Soldier

Harry Dean Stanton (7) Kelly's Heroes, Alien, Escape from New York, Christine, Repo Man, Red Dawn, Down Periscope

Micheal Caine (6) Battle of Britain, The Eagle has landed, Dirty rotten scoundrels, A Shock to the system, A Muppet Christmas Carol, Miss Congeniality

Meg Ryan (6) Armed and dangerous, When Harry Met Sally, Joe vs the Volcano, French Kiss, Addicted to Love, You've got mail

Sigourney Weaver (6) Alien, Ghost Busters, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Galaxy Quest

Bill Murray (6) Caddyshack, Ghostbusters, Little Shop of Horrors, Scrooged, Groundhog Day, Zombieland

Last edited:
Harrison Ford:
4 Star Wars movies
4 Indiana Jones movies
2 Blade Runner movies
Apocalypse Now
American Graffiti
Shit. I forgot about Harrison. I have all the above plus Witness, the Jack Ryan movies, The Fugitive, The Conversation, . Which is like 16 total. Yup, he wins. That's not even counting that I might have DVD copies of Air Force One or The Devil's Own kicking about.

Since I have the entire Babylon Five series, The Orville, and both Tron movies, on DVD there's a good chance it's Bruce Boxleitner of all people.

Tsk-tsk...
TV series don't count for the purpose of this thread, otherwise anyone with full set of Stargate can claim 1 million appearances of Amanda Tapping.

It's a good chance it's Harrison Ford but Jason Statham has a decent chance. Michael Caine as well since he is a supporting actor a fair amount. I have a lot of super heroes movies so it might be stan Lee. I gotta think about this more

I think for me it might be Charles Bronson. I have all the Death Wish movies, Death Hunt, Assassination, Messenger of Death, 10 to Midnight, Breakheart Pass, Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects, and The Evil That Men Do.

(I just reminded myself I really need to pick up The Mechanic.)

Robert Downey Jr and Harrison Ford are leading the pack, but Charles Bronson just zooms by them.

Although I'd almost bet that there's some minor actor that might beat them, the kind of actor who constantly plays background roles in nearly everything. Or there may be an anime voice actor that is in more. Come to think of it, Andy Serkis might be in the running because I know he's at least in the three Rings films, the three Apes films, Disney Wars, and probably the Marvel movies.

I'm not very actor-aware but it might be Harrisson Ford as we own Star Wars and Indiana Jones. But there's also a bunch of the Universal classic horrors and a boxset of Poe adaptations so Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney Jr., Vincent Price, Peter Lorre are probably also in the top ten.

I suppose it's going to be Stan Lee in phases 1-4 of the MCU, probably followed by Clint Eastwood (all the Dirty Harry films plus a fistful of westerns).

I think for me it might be Charles Bronson. I have all the Death Wish movies, Death Hunt, Assassination, Messenger of Death, 10 to Midnight, Breakheart Pass, Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects, and The Evil That Men Do.

(I just reminded myself I really need to pick up The Mechanic.)

Robert Downey Jr and Harrison Ford are leading the pack, but Charles Bronson just zooms by them.

Although I'd almost bet that there's some minor actor that might beat them, the kind of actor who constantly plays background roles in nearly everything. Or there may be an anime voice actor that is in more. Come to think of it, Andy Serkis might be in the running because I know he's at least in the three Rings films, the three Apes films, Disney Wars, and probably the Marvel movies.
Don’t forget to pick up White Buffalo, Once Upon a Time in the West and The Dirty Dozen.

"Christopher Lee has appeared from the back of the pack, and is sprinting up the outside lane towards the front runners!!!
This is gonna be a close race Ladies & Gents!"

Last edited:
"Christopher Lee has come up from the back, and is sprinting up the outside lane towards the front runners. This is gonna be a close race Ladies & Gents!"

I'd think Peter Cushing would be up there too since they paired so often in Hammer Films. Both appeared in the Star Wars franchise, but CL does have his role as Saruman to push him ahead.

Do we count voice actors or not?

If we're sticking to live-action only, then probably either Robert DeNiro, Christopher Lee, or Leo DiCaprio.

Hmm.. Lois Maxwell is in 14 James Bond movies.

I have a fuckton of older action and scifi stuff, so Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford could all be contenders. I should check the actresses too.
I suppose doing a real inventory would still surprise me (My son took some of my dvd's when he left the house, so I may be over-representing some).
(and some star actors also appear in stuff as cameo's or extras in the beginning of their career).

And no tv series? David Boreanaz, Leonard Nimoy and Jensen Ackles are having a sad. Edit: and I notice also that a lot of tv series have female protagonists, so excluding those also do a disfavour to the likes of Lucy Lawless, Morena Baccarin, Karen Gillian, Lena Headey, ... who are in more than one or two series.

Last edited:
Oh, just realized that Samuel L Jackson is a frontrunner

Pulp Fiction, Hateful Eight, Django Unchained, Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, Jurassic Park, lots of Marvel films
Jackie Brown, Jungle Fever, Coming to America, Snakes on a Plane, Patriot Games, Die Hard, Deep Blue Sea, Unbreakable, Black Snake Moan,... Motherfucker is everywhere in my collection!

Jackie Brown, Jungle Fever, Coming to America, Snakes on a Plane, Patriot Games, Die Hard, Deep Blue Sea, Unbreakable, Black Snake Moan,... Motherfucker is everywhere in my collection!
He's one of the most prolific actors in Hollywood.

He's one of the most prolific actors in Hollywood.
Because he takes movie roles like a drunk orders burgers at White Castle at 4am.

Don't forget True Romance, he's in that too, for a hot minute anyway, same with Val Kilmer.

Because he takes movie roles like a drunk orders burgers at White Castle at 4am.

Don't forget True Romance, he's in that too, for a hot minute anyway, same with Val Kilmer.
So we need a 3 degrees of Samuel L Jackson?

Samuel L. Jackson was with James McAvoy in Glass; McAvoy was with Lyne Renée in Split; Lyne is (distantly) related to me through marriage, but she knows at least my aunt and nieces.
Or Sam Jackson was with Mark Strong in Kingsman; Mark was with Lyne Renée in Deep State...

Is that 3 or 4 degrees? :shade:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back