Beyond the Wall: Greenedge IC

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
ooc: Pulg, make a singing check, which is charisma. It's a big baby so -2 penalty to the roll.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
As Pulg sings, the scowl leaves the toddler's face. They lean so that their hand rests on their bed and their head rests on their shoulder. By the end of the song, they are half asleep.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
As the baby drifts off to sleep, the small bone creature seems to think that the Wanderer is also a thread and tries to grab him. The Wanderer is able to dodge out of the way.

ooc: it rolled low on its attack roll.
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,864
Reaction score
16,483
Pulg tries to sneak quietly pass the giant baby while trying to leave the bone creature behind.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
ooc: does Pulg have a destination?

ooc: Make a stealth roll. The floor is tricky but the baby is asleep so it evens out, no penalty or bonus.
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,864
Reaction score
16,483
I roll a 14 (Dex 16). I move to the curtain behind the baby to see if there is an entrance or secret door there.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
Pulg has a flute almost roll out from under his foot. After a tense moment, he continues and makes it to the curtain. When he peeks behind it, he sees - well he's not sure. There is a blankness made of warm light. It smells like after a rain storm combined with fresh baked bread. There is no ground, sky, or other feature to focus on.
 
Last edited:

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
Silvyr will slowly move quietly and cautiously, around the child to the curtain with Pulg.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
ooc: Silvyr, roll a stealth(dex roll) to get over there without waking the baby.

Meanwhile, the bone creature has become fully aggressive and taken a divot out of The Wanderer's leg.

ooc: The Wanderer takes 1 point of damage.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
11 (16 Dex.) Carefully stepping to avoid toys and other things which make noise.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
Silvyr and Pulg stand side by side admiring the cozy emptiness on the other side of the doorway.
 

Tommy Brownell

You're Playing The Game WRONG
Joined
Apr 30, 2017
Messages
2,734
Reaction score
6,230
Garrison attempts to follow quietly (Stealth roll is a 2).
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,596
The Wanderer bears his misfortune stoically and makes for the doorway and, perhaps, safety on the other side, but will not pass the threshold without first seeing what awaits.

Shall I roll anything to do so? If so I rolled a 3 on a d20.

And does Stealth apply in this situation to creep past anything else that lurks here?
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,113
Reaction score
10,731
Deandrea also attempts to follow quietly... but stealth or nimbleness has never been her forte.

Stealth roll = 13 (DEX 9)
 
Last edited:

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
And does Stealth apply in this situation to creep past anything else that lurks here?

ooc: yes. If you're quiet, nothing else sees you either.
ooc: Below is a rationalization of the stealth failure.

Deandrea is half way across the room when she pauses as something in the corner of her eye catches her attention. At the edge of the huge pile of books behind and to her left is a skull. It appears to be still attached to a body under all of the books. The skull looks human except for the spiraled horns. The top and forehead of the skull is shattered by the moldy book lodged in it.

The bone creature seems to think that the teens can't get away that easily and follows. Deandrea is startled out her focus on the skeleton by a snip on her calf. She can't help but give a little yelp, which startles the toddler.

The giant baby opens their eyes and focus on Deandrea. Before they are even fully awake, they point at Deandrea. "You. Play wid me."
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,113
Reaction score
10,731
"Okay..." Deandrea says, silently cursing herself for getting distracted. Then she adds with more enthusiasm, "I know! Let's play hide and seek! You count to ten!" She then darts across the room.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
ooc: Deandrea, make a Charisma roll to sell the action.
ooc: Is Everyone else just waiting at the empty doorway or do you want to do anything?
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,113
Reaction score
10,731
CHR roll = 8 (CHR 10)
 
Last edited:

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
The baby isn't sure but giggles a bit and puts their head down and puts their hand over their eyes and starts counting slowly. "One. Do. Twee. Four. Fife. Eh. what next?"
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,596
ooc: Deandrea, make a Charisma roll to sell the action.
ooc: Is Everyone else just waiting at the empty doorway or do you want to do anything?
OOC: Given the circumstances, The Wanderer is waiting to see what's on the other side before he leaps from frying pan to fire.
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,864
Reaction score
16,483
'Stay here and I'll scout ahead,' says Pulg and he steps through the magical doorway.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
"I'm coming along--that was my plan as well...this is very odd," Silvyr says.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,596
'Stay here and I'll scout ahead,' says Pulg and he steps through the magical doorway.
"I'm coming along--that was my plan as well...this is very odd," Silvyr says.
"That makes three of us, then," says the Wanderer as he follows Pulg and Silvyr. "I cannot let you brave unknown dangers alone."
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
Pulg, Silvyr, and The Wanderer enter the warm light. They visibly relax, shimmer for a moment, and then disappear.

The baby declares, "I find you now." as they uncover their eyes.
 

Tommy Brownell

You're Playing The Game WRONG
Joined
Apr 30, 2017
Messages
2,734
Reaction score
6,230
“Egads!”

Not wanting to attack a giant baby with my sword, I bolt for the glowing door.

ooc: Sorry, my central air went out Saturday at the start of a heat wave. I’ve been distracted, to put it mildly.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
ooc: lack of AC can be a killer.
ooc: busy this week but will have scene change on the weekend.
ooc: Hey what if you all stepped throughportal but by going in 2s and 3s, you DNA was mixes like in The Fly? Nah, that's too weird even for me.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
Everyone wakes up refreshed in the tower tree as the morning light peeks through the windows. Those not yet asleep recall a wave of drowsiness sweeping over them before they all appeared together in the other place.

Silvyr's wound from the wolf is partially healed. The Wanderer, Garrison, and Deandrea still have bloody marks from the bone thing.
ooc: the 4 of you each have 1 hp damage.

Outside, all that remains from the action last night are a few bones and bits of fur. The owlbear is gone and apparently took the second wolf with it to have later.

The question remains whether to set out for the village right away, head some place else, or take the time to finish copying the spells.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
"My friends, did you have the a strange dream, I did, very uncanny," Silvyr says. "If not well, perhaps it is this place, and its effects on elf kind.."
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,864
Reaction score
16,483
'We all had the same vision, look at these wounds,' I say. 'We best not spend another night but let's finish copying the spells before we return with the silver apple.'
 

Tommy Brownell

You're Playing The Game WRONG
Joined
Apr 30, 2017
Messages
2,734
Reaction score
6,230
"Feels like we've spent enough time here, dealing with magic, but fine - Make haste and scribe your spells. I would be done with this place."
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,596
The Wanderer waits for the others to copy any spells they desire, assisting if necessary.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
"I will let my pen scurry, I too worry of this haunted place," Silvyr responds.
 

Tommy Brownell

You're Playing The Game WRONG
Joined
Apr 30, 2017
Messages
2,734
Reaction score
6,230
Ooc: If they're done with their spell stuff, let's move on.
 
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Top