Beyond the Wall: Greenedge IC

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
"Pulg do not depart without us, dear friend. We've as much in this as you." Sylvr says "Our responsibility as well and this does not just rest on your own shoulders."
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
I sneak out with the Wanderer to bury the apple as the myths and Wise Woman instruct with the Wanderer and anyone else who wants to accompany me.

After that I strike out a few days later into the forest to see what favour the fae will require in return for keeping the apple.
"Pulg do not depart without us, dear friend. We've as much in this as you." Sylvr says "Our responsibility as well and this does not just rest on your own shoulders."
The Wanderer waits with Pulg, and Silvyr unless he has other plans, curious to learn what will transpire. However, one hand remains ready to draw his dagger no matter what may transpire. "I trust not that which cannot be fathomed by reason," remarks the Wanderer to no one in particular.

OOC: Are we waiting on the other PCs?
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,362
Pale shows up after an hour. After initial greetings, He informs the trio that they have four options that he can think of:

1. Someone becomes his aunt's consort for a month

2. Give up something of roughly equal value.

3. The Wild Hunt has changed recently, being more randomly violent. Find out why and fix it.

4.Make a delivery to the center of the forest (which would take several weeks travel).

If you wanted to ask a fairy about anything, now is your chance.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
"Pulg, I do not think you much choose this alone, I think we are likely seen as responsible parties, most likely." He sighs and rubs his chin. "I think we need to discuss this with everyone Pale Little."
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
"For my part, making a delivery into the forest, however perilous it may be, seems the least oppressive solution," says the Wanderer.
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
'Yes, the delivery, on the face of it, seems the least dangerous,' I say.
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
10,759
"I also agree that the delivery would be our best option," Deandrea says. "As far as I know we have nothing of equivalent value for trade, and I do not favor our chances in challenging the Wild Hunt." She doesn't bother to entertain the notion of one of her friends being volunteered as a consort.
 
Last edited:

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,362
Pale asks you to come back after sunset on the first night of the full moon and he will have something for you.

The Silver Apple immediately has a widespread but subtle effect. The cold that was going around seems to fizzle out. Crops are doing a bit better. Artisans are more pleased with their work.

ooc: While near the village, all saving throws and all rolls to craft or build things receive a +1 bonus. This applies to all residents.

(I have bits to add about random things soon but carry one with whatever you want.)
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
I return home and tell my sister and the blacksmith that I will be gone for a while on a trip but I promise to return.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
The Wanderer tells no one where he is going or why.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,362
Various things that happen in the weeks before you leave, respond to them if you wish:

Vulfgang comes out of nowhere and walks right up to The Wanderer and Silvyr. Without preamble, he states. "You need to stay out of the forest at night, kid. There are things out there which are beyond your understanding. You could get hurt. Or dead. I know you won't listen but watch it. Take this and wear it out there."

Vulfgang hands each elf a leather thong that is obviously a necklace. It has 3 beads, one amber, one silver, and one that looks like dried blood. With that Vulfgang strides off. Later, the dryad on the edge of the village who is friendly with the Wanderer, doesn't know what to make of it. She hands him an acorn and tells him to plant it if he needs a place to rest.



Ol Vic, the retired guard, has a talk with Deandrea. He tells her that his shield with the village's symbol of a lone tower used to be her father's, it is time she has it as she does more guarding than he does. "You are responsible now, not only for protecting yourself but everyone else, so you need a better shield. And if you're going to face anything dangerous, remember to take Jonas with you. It's downright peaceful here of late so I can manage without him."
(ooc the new shield is a reinforced shield, with 1 better ac than your simple shield. Jonas is part of your character build so you should use him.)



The black smith tells Pulg that he understands but he's obviously worried. He did some trading and got you a short bow and some arrows, "so you can keep trouble at a distance." Pulg's sister doesn't say anything but she's obviously sad. She hugs him and wipes her nose on his sleeve.



One of the old fisherman who is close to Garrison's father pulls him aside. "Hey 'King'" He knows the family secret. "Fishing is not all bad so don't turn your back on honest work. Anyway, I found this caught in a crown jewels bush and thought of you. I have a feeling of sorts that it might help ya out some time." He hands Garrison a shiny silver colored fish hook. It is made from an unknown material. It's thin and extremely sharp. Tied to the loop end is what looks like spider web. There is and unknown length of the spidery material wrapped around a dried, dead worm.
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
10,759
Ol Vic, the retired guard, has a talk with Deandrea. He tells her that his shield with the village's symbol of a lone tower used to be her father's, it is time she has it as she does more guarding than he does. "You are responsible now, not only for protecting yourself but everyone else, so you need a better shield. And if you're going to face anything dangerous, remember to take Jonas with you. It's downright peaceful here of late so I can manage without him."
(ooc the new shield is a reinforced shield, with 1 better ac than your simple shield. Jonas is part of your character build so you should use him.)
Deandrea accepts the shield, testing its weight on her arm. "I will strive to be worthy of what it represents," she says solemnly to Ol' Vic.

She later approaches Jonas, telling him that she may soon be traveling with her fellow compatriots, and asks if would be willing to accompany them.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
The Wanderer dons the necklace and places the acorn in a secure place, but says nothing.
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
I hug the blacksmith and my sister and set out with the others.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
"That was odd.." he says donning the necklace. When he meets with the others "Did any of you get dire warnings of doom about the forest, on top of what we knew before now?"
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
'Not me,' I say. 'Did you? And from whom?'
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
Vulfgang said not to be caught in the forest at night. He said I wouldn't listen, that's not entirely true. I take his dire warning to heart, but I can't leave you alone out there, either.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
"That was odd.." he says donning the necklace. When he meets with the others "Did any of you get dire warnings of doom about the forest, on top of what we knew before now?"
"Yes, for I was standing right beside you, though my stealth perhaps meant you knew it not," says the Wanderer.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,362
Dumarest Dumarest Silverlion Silverlion Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl Voros Voros Tommy Brownell Tommy Brownell Let's see if we can restart this.

The group goes into the forest at twilight on the appointed evening. Spring is finally in full bloom but the air is pleasantly cool by this time at night. The weather blesses them with a cloudless sky.

As before, they are met by a figure in a tree. It immediately jumps down and strolls towards them, his long ears bouncing as he approaches. His fur is black and seems to absorb what little light there is. He is easily six and half feet tall, well over seven if you count his ears. Seeing a bit of alarm on a few faces, the figure puts up his hands in a gesture of peace.

"Ho friends, please don't be alarmed. At times, I'm Pale Little and other times I'm Tall Dark. But I'm still the affable fellow you met earlier. I must say I'm surprised you came back. Few humans would. But I'm tickled that you did. You are about to take the first steps on a grand adventure. This could make heroes of you and gain the title of fey friend. Do you have any questions before I call my aunt to entrust the item in your care?"

pooka.jpg
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
'Nay,' I say. 'Call your fair aunt.'
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
"Aye, a question if you please," says the Wanderer. "You say this could make heroes of us and gain each of us the title of fey friend. I therefore presume there be deadly danger involved, for nothing of value is acquired cheaply. Are you able to enlighten us with regard to what we may encounter?"
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
"Indeed, we pay a price for all deeds, good or ill, in the end.." Sylvr says.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,362
Tall Dark nods at The wanderer, making his ears bounce.
"There are many possible foes and a few possible friends. As you get closer, you will encounter creatures of bone who will try to stop you. Blades and flame are your only recourse with them. There are also some of my cousins who may try make you lose your way or take your things. They are acting more to amuse themselves than out of malice. I advise you to keep your tempers if you can for violence will be met with violence. If you can please them, they might be appeased. Lastly, you will pass through the territories of two unicorns, one who can prove helpful, the other quite savage. Your heart will know the difference."
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
'Which way do we set out for?' I ask, trying to not show any fear in front of the others.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
"Thank you, Tall Dark." Sylvr says aloud. "A fair warning is given, and a fair reward is earned." Offers one of his woodsung (OOC: Carved but to bring out what's in the wood, and only from fallen wood) figures.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
"Hearken well, my companions, and mark what has been admonished: only blade and flame will defy these creatures of bone who will doubtless test our mettle," says the Wanderer. "If all are ready, let us undertake this venture, for every step shortens our journey."
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
10,759
Deandrea, with Jonas by her side, nods in agreement with the Wanderer's words.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
"I concur, it would be wise to be cautious, but we must endeavor onward."
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
It's been over a month...should we call it a day?
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
Stan seems to have gone M.I.A. for a bit.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,362
Sorry for the absence. Life was full of many difficulties and minor tragedies not worth cataloging here. If you're still interested, the story continues below.


Tall Dark walks around a large tree and is arm in with a woman when he comes back around. "Everyone, you have met my Aunt. She will set you on your journey. "

slav4.jpg

The Aunt, much younger in appearance than before, must have finally transitioned to her Spring phase. She smiles, holds an object in the air as if admiring it in the sun. Then, without ceremony, she tosses it to Deandrea. "When you get closer, if you hold it and pay attention, you will know what to do."

514246-rudiger_schwartz.jpg


She smiles again and then starts walking away. Her step seems casual but she recedes rapidly.

Tall Dark shrugs. "My aunt was never one for many words, I'm afraid. I don't actually know what that things does but take to the center of the forest and I guess you'll find out."
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
'Thank you Spirit,' I say and give a little bow. 'Let's set out for the heart of the forest,' I say to the others.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
"Then we should be going unless you have other news or warnings?" Sylvr says cautiously. OOC: Ack, sorry Stan, hope things improve.
 
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Top