Beyond the Wall: Greenedge IC

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
ooc: Pulg, make a singing check, which is charisma. It's a big baby so -2 penalty to the roll.

As Pulg sings, the scowl leaves the toddler's face. They lean so that their hand rests on their bed and their head rests on their shoulder. By the end of the song, they are half asleep.

As the baby drifts off to sleep, the small bone creature seems to think that the Wanderer is also a thread and tries to grab him. The Wanderer is able to dodge out of the way.

ooc: it rolled low on its attack roll.

Pulg tries to sneak quietly pass the giant baby while trying to leave the bone creature behind.

ooc: does Pulg have a destination?

ooc: Make a stealth roll. The floor is tricky but the baby is asleep so it evens out, no penalty or bonus.

I roll a 14 (Dex 16). I move to the curtain behind the baby to see if there is an entrance or secret door there.

Pulg has a flute almost roll out from under his foot. After a tense moment, he continues and makes it to the curtain. When he peeks behind it, he sees - well he's not sure. There is a blankness made of warm light. It smells like after a rain storm combined with fresh baked bread. There is no ground, sky, or other feature to focus on.

Last edited:
Silvyr will slowly move quietly and cautiously, around the child to the curtain with Pulg.

ooc: Silvyr, roll a stealth(dex roll) to get over there without waking the baby.

Meanwhile, the bone creature has become fully aggressive and taken a divot out of The Wanderer's leg.

ooc: The Wanderer takes 1 point of damage.

11 (16 Dex.) Carefully stepping to avoid toys and other things which make noise.

Silvyr and Pulg stand side by side admiring the cozy emptiness on the other side of the doorway.

The Wanderer bears his misfortune stoically and makes for the doorway and, perhaps, safety on the other side, but will not pass the threshold without first seeing what awaits.

Shall I roll anything to do so? If so I rolled a 3 on a d20.

And does Stealth apply in this situation to creep past anything else that lurks here?

Deandrea also attempts to follow quietly... but stealth or nimbleness has never been her forte.

Stealth roll = 13 (DEX 9)

Last edited:
And does Stealth apply in this situation to creep past anything else that lurks here?

ooc: yes. If you're quiet, nothing else sees you either.
ooc: Below is a rationalization of the stealth failure.

Deandrea is half way across the room when she pauses as something in the corner of her eye catches her attention. At the edge of the huge pile of books behind and to her left is a skull. It appears to be still attached to a body under all of the books. The skull looks human except for the spiraled horns. The top and forehead of the skull is shattered by the moldy book lodged in it.

The bone creature seems to think that the teens can't get away that easily and follows. Deandrea is startled out her focus on the skeleton by a snip on her calf. She can't help but give a little yelp, which startles the toddler.

The giant baby opens their eyes and focus on Deandrea. Before they are even fully awake, they point at Deandrea. "You. Play wid me."

"Okay..." Deandrea says, silently cursing herself for getting distracted. Then she adds with more enthusiasm, "I know! Let's play hide and seek! You count to ten!" She then darts across the room.

ooc: Deandrea, make a Charisma roll to sell the action.
ooc: Is Everyone else just waiting at the empty doorway or do you want to do anything?

CHR roll = 8 (CHR 10)

Last edited:
The baby isn't sure but giggles a bit and puts their head down and puts their hand over their eyes and starts counting slowly. "One. Do. Twee. Four. Fife. Eh. what next?"

ooc: Deandrea, make a Charisma roll to sell the action.
ooc: Is Everyone else just waiting at the empty doorway or do you want to do anything?
OOC: Given the circumstances, The Wanderer is waiting to see what's on the other side before he leaps from frying pan to fire.

'Stay here and I'll scout ahead,' says Pulg and he steps through the magical doorway.

"I'm coming along--that was my plan as well...this is very odd," Silvyr says.

'Stay here and I'll scout ahead,' says Pulg and he steps through the magical doorway.
"I'm coming along--that was my plan as well...this is very odd," Silvyr says.
"That makes three of us, then," says the Wanderer as he follows Pulg and Silvyr. "I cannot let you brave unknown dangers alone."

Pulg, Silvyr, and The Wanderer enter the warm light. They visibly relax, shimmer for a moment, and then disappear.

The baby declares, "I find you now." as they uncover their eyes.

“Egads!”

Not wanting to attack a giant baby with my sword, I bolt for the glowing door.

ooc: Sorry, my central air went out Saturday at the start of a heat wave. I’ve been distracted, to put it mildly.

ooc: lack of AC can be a killer.
ooc: busy this week but will have scene change on the weekend.
ooc: Hey what if you all stepped throughportal but by going in 2s and 3s, you DNA was mixes like in The Fly? Nah, that's too weird even for me.

Everyone wakes up refreshed in the tower tree as the morning light peeks through the windows. Those not yet asleep recall a wave of drowsiness sweeping over them before they all appeared together in the other place.

Silvyr's wound from the wolf is partially healed. The Wanderer, Garrison, and Deandrea still have bloody marks from the bone thing.
ooc: the 4 of you each have 1 hp damage.

Outside, all that remains from the action last night are a few bones and bits of fur. The owlbear is gone and apparently took the second wolf with it to have later.

The question remains whether to set out for the village right away, head some place else, or take the time to finish copying the spells.

"My friends, did you have the a strange dream, I did, very uncanny," Silvyr says. "If not well, perhaps it is this place, and its effects on elf kind.."

'We all had the same vision, look at these wounds,' I say. 'We best not spend another night but let's finish copying the spells before we return with the silver apple.'

"Feels like we've spent enough time here, dealing with magic, but fine - Make haste and scribe your spells. I would be done with this place."

The Wanderer waits for the others to copy any spells they desire, assisting if necessary.

"I will let my pen scurry, I too worry of this haunted place," Silvyr responds.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back