[Bit of Fun] Guess the RPG from a screenshot of a page spread!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Based on the attributes (and the Ancient Greek-ish setting) I'd guess the Hercules and Xena game from West End.

It is indeed the Hercules and Xena game. The only West End game I have ever played. It was also very hard, to find some pages that didn't give the answer right away. It's literally filled with pics from the show.

I think this is the BareBones fantasy system from DWD Studios. But this is apparently part of the boilerplate that gets reused in other games built on the same engine, so it's hard to say. I suppose it could be Art of Wuxia or Covert Ops, though the art makes those less likely.

This game has been guessed repeatedly in the thread, but I think this is the first actual screenshot from it. It's one of the more unusual parts of the rules:

Screenshot (20) - Copy.jpg

I think this is the BareBones fantasy system from DWD Studios. But this is apparently part of the boilerplate that gets reused in other games built on the same engine, so it's hard to say. I suppose it could be Art of Wuxia or Covert Ops, though the art makes those less likely.
Yes, correct!
Barebones Fantasy - good sighting!

This one should be an interesting challenge and easy for anyone familiar with the publication.
I can't show any internal content or the front or back cover because it's too obvious. So this is all I can offer, with a bit of a clue: the spine is hinged.
Here's one more picture, slightly different angle. Not sure it will be a significant help.
1660859291320.png

Judge Dredd?
Yup. Mongoose 3E version, steelbound. I much preferred the mechanics and atmosphere of the GW version (no longer in my collection). While this one wasn't as good, it was a gift, and there's literally nothing like it before or since. So I chose to keep it when I was downsizing my collection.

Here's one more picture, slightly different angle. Not sure it will be a significant help.
View attachment 48781

Judge Dredd?

Yup. Mongoose 3E version, steelbound. I much preferred the mechanics and atmosphere of the GW version (no longer in my collection). While this one wasn't as good, it was a gift, and there's literally nothing like it before or since. So I chose to keep it when I was downsizing my collection.

And here I was all ready to guess deep-pile carpeting!

Catching up with this thread I saw Fenris-77 Fenris-77 's entry and thought it may have been this game. (It wasn't but I was already thinking about it by then)

I feel I should add a content warning as it is a PbtA game which I know can trigger some people.

IMG_20220821_002405.jpg
IMG_20220821_002130.jpg
IMG_20220821_002303.jpg

Oh, what was the name of the Urban Fantasy PbtA game . . . Monsterhearts, I think? Is there another, less sex-move-y one?

I think the Narrator is trying to deny Gabriel's agency by not letting him suicide by bear to get out of that game. Run Gabriel, run!

How about an easy one

spacy.png

And a less easy one
ddguess.png

I didn’t back it, but that’s gotta be The Happiest Apocalypse on Earth
Spot on! for all your satirical family unfriendly theme park horror needs. If you feel the need to offer sacrifice to the Great Mouse, it's pwyw for the pdf on Drive thru.

From a recent acquisition that I picked up a physical copy a couple of days ago. Once again, the two concurrent pages are separate scans (although this is actually from the PDf, which unlike my last entry is actually available in that format).

page 38a.jpg

page39.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back