[Bit of Fun] Guess the RPG from a screenshot of a page spread!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Aftermath+-+Combat+Flowchart+Page+1.JPG
That's easy. Aftermath!

This is a tough crowd to stump, but I will give it a shot. I edited this one to remove the title from the footer.
IMG_4566.jpeg

To be fair to Aftermath! if you flow charted out all the options and things for many modern RPGs they would be just as complicated....enormously so if feats that alter the flow were fully included.
Totally true. I can make you a much more complicated flowchart for some of the best games out there...

Also, I recently made a joke table explaining the game of stone, paper, scissors. It had three columns and 10 rows...:grin:
"How much space it takes to present in a somewhat-graphic manner" is a poor indicator how complicated the game really is:thumbsup:.

I'll try to get to this game when I'm home.

Totally true. I can make you a much more complicated flowchart for some of the best games out there...

Also, I recently made a joke table explaining the game of stone, paper, scissors. It had three columns and 10 rows...:grin:
"How much space it takes to present in a somewhat-graphic manner" is a poor indicator how complicated the game really is:thumbsup:.

I'll try to get to this game when I'm home.
So true.

My "issue" with Aftermath! was more the decimal damage (as in a weapon doses 1.4 times you strength which is on d100 type scale) and the need for a table to know when you go based on your AP. In practice very slow, but man I loved the "feel" of it all. This kind of crunchy bottom up detail was very much a thing in mid-late 80's game design even Gary went that way after he left TSR.

That's my guess. Looks very much like Top Secret art-wise and uses one of TSRs favorite module fonts/
Good guess (though does Top Secret use hexes or square grids?), but no.

It's not TSR, though.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back