Blood Sword - Land of Legend/Dragon Warrios Gamebook (interest check)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Black Leaf

Whey Faced Poltroon
Reaction score
Inspired by the Dragon Warriors thread, naturally. Is anyone interested in me running through this on here? Up to 4 players, unlike most gamebooks. Discussions on what to do etc. can be made communally. If there's interest, I'll work out how to handle mechanics then start.

The blurb:

Every thirteen lunar months the Magi of Krarth hold a desperate contest to see which of them will rule that bleak and icy land. Teams of daring adventurers are sent down into the labyrinths that lie beneath the tundra, each searching for the Emblem of Victory that will win power for their patron.

Only one team can prevail. The others must die.

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Reaction score
Did somebody say Dragon Warrios?

25e3ff.jpeg

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I was going to say I'm in...
But if I join, it's pointless:smile:.
Why? Because I no longer need the books themselves in order to play Bloodsword 1-5, not even for the enemies' stats! They're staying on the shelves while I'm happily chucking dice about and running my party through the adventures, picking as much of an optimal path as I want...:wink:
So, with that said:
Have fun in Legenda! Become a Creature of Legend:grin:!

Black Leaf

Whey Faced Poltroon
Reaction score
Two would be enough but I'll wait a bit to see if we get another couple of people.

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Mechanically, however, two or three people are optimal:tongue:. Preferably two, because being a 12th level helps a lot in Book 5th, compared to being 8th level, though both are certainly doable!
Just saying:evil:!

Black Leaf

Whey Faced Poltroon
Reaction score
However, without a rogue you don't get the amazing "and then the rogue steals stuff again" breaks.

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
However, without a rogue you don't get the amazing "and then the rogue steals stuff again" breaks.
And without a staff-wielder, no party of three stands a decent chance to survive. Without a Wizard, no bargaining with a damn greedy faery, which is hugely entertaining to everyone else...usually:devil:.
And the Warrior has some of the best "exploits" in the game, especially in Books 2, 3 and 5:evil:.

I promise to not tell you where those are!

Black Leaf

Whey Faced Poltroon
Reaction score
Going to bump this to see if any of our new members is interested and if the two we've got are still up for it.

Black Leaf

Whey Faced Poltroon
Reaction score
So far I think we have:

Bunch Bunch

Voros Voros if he's still up for it?

Not sure if @Damian-May still logs in much here?

Also not sure if Gringnr Gringnr was expressing interest in playing or just being generally enthusiastic. ;)

Black Leaf

Whey Faced Poltroon
Reaction score
Going to start this Monday with whoever we've got!

You may want to start considering what classes you want (first come, first served!)

Your world is the magical land of Legend. In Legend there are many kinds of Adventurer, each with unique skills and techniques for dealing with creatures of the supernatural. Those who rely on a good sword and the strength of their right arm are called Warriors. The practitioners of the magical arts are called Enchanters, with many deadly spells always ready at their fingertips. Sages are a class of ascetic monks - wise in ancient lore, but also skilful in the use of quarterstaff, bow and unarmed martial arts. Lastly there are the Tricksters; they are swift and dextrous swordsmen, but their true forte is the use of stealth, guile and cunning to achieve their ends.

And naturally, feel free to come up with names, personality quirks, comedy spelling etc. for your adventurer.

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score
Going to start this Monday with whoever we've got!

You may want to start considering what classes you want (first come, first served!)

And naturally, feel free to come up with names, personality quirks, comedy spelling etc. for your adventurer.
I have a warlock I started for the create a character a day thread back in January. I thought I'd give him a go. I just updated that thread with a little more on him if you get the urge to take a look.

Black Leaf

Whey Faced Poltroon
Reaction score
I have a warlock I started for the create a character a day thread back in January. I thought I'd give him a go. I just updated that thread with a little more on him if you get the urge to take a look.
Ah, a bit of confusion has arisen I think.

While this has the DW link because it's also set in Legend, the ruleset is entirely different (and a bit simpler).

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score
Ok
Ah, a bit of confusion has arisen I think.

While this has the DW link because it's also set in Legend, the ruleset is entirely different (and a bit simpler).
Ok. Is the ruleset called Bloodsword? If so I'll look it up.

Black Leaf

Whey Faced Poltroon
Reaction score
It is, although not sure how much success you'll have finding it! If not, I'll be posting it anyway.

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score
It is, although not sure how much success you'll have finding it! If not, I'll be posting it anyway.
Is it a separate ruleset or is it integrated into the various adventure books?

If I had say pages 3-33 of the first book bound into a pamphlet would I have the core rules enough to play?

Last edited:

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score
Well regardless of what happens with the game reading the fairly short rules from the intro to book 1 has been very interesting. Thanks!

Black Leaf

Whey Faced Poltroon
Reaction score
Integrated into the books. I'll be modifying them for forum play. For obvious reasons blow by blow tactical combat isn't going to work here!

Anybody wanting to jump in please do so today, before I link to the thread on the Old School Gamebook FB group.

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com