Boot Hill: Pima County

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,305
Reaction score
1,668
He turns slightly to Corbin. 'I asked if they have business with Big Jim,' he explains.
"Ah I see" Corbin says sitting back to tuck into his meal. Best to let Cisco talk he thinks to himself, he knows the lingo.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
"Tendré lo mismo que mi amigo, entonces!", Juan nodded agreeably, and smiled at the second girl. "One ten-cent stew, and buttermilk, miss!"
He also hopes none of his friends would see him sipping buttermilk. They'd never let him forget it.
The second girl goes back to the kitchen; almost immediately thereafter, Betsy returns with your food and drinks on a tray. She also places a flower on the table in an olla.
 

Gringnr

Chief of the Boat Feels
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
754
Reaction score
762
Having seen Lars off, and gotten updated by Mr. Crenshaw, Eugene heads to the Cactus Flower to get that coffee...
 
Last edited:

Black Vulmea

No. Appearing: 30-500
Joined
Apr 27, 2017
Messages
410
Reaction score
953
The younger charro responds, "Tal vez sí, tal vez no. ¿Quién sabe? That depends very much on what we find, but it is not our primary purpose. Es principalmente una cosa familiar. I am Álvaro Álvarez de Chacón and this is my uncle Lázaro Chacón de Muñoz. We are inquiring after his sister. Perhaps horses as well, but it is doubtful anything worthwhile would be found."
'¡Tienes buenos caballos!' answers Cisco, nodding appreciatively. '¿Perdoname?" The Texan turns to Corbin. 'We need to find out what we can about Jackson, before we ride. You could palaver with Sommers in the corner over there, but maybe the daughter would be more amenable.''

Turning back to the rancheros, Cisco asks Álvaro, '¿Tu tía es una relación de Big Jim?'

. . . Betsy returns with your food and drinks on a tray. She also places a flower on the table in an olla.
'Thank you, my dear,' he tells Betsy, 'this looks delicious.' He turns his attention to the younger ranchero once more.
 
Last edited:

Gringnr

Chief of the Boat Feels
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
754
Reaction score
762
Eugene strides into the Cactus Flower, looks at the sign, and sighs. He takes a seat next to Cisco and Corbin.
 
Last edited:

FeralToaster

Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2019
Messages
442
Reaction score
445
Crenshaw is slowly trying his horse up after riding it across the street to the Cactus Flower :clown:. He politely greets people outside the restaurant while taking mentally taking notes of any nefarious persons that pass or susceptious looking cattle brands (i.e. "altered").
OOC I can hear if anyone needs help inside but honestly Crenshaw's motives are more mercantile than adventurous so Crenshaw's happy to let other take the lead while he figures out a way to rebuild his cattle barony.
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
3,853
Reaction score
4,839
Jesus is trying to blend into the background. His lack of funds and relatively recent violent altercation are still wearing on him. As long as he's allowed to tag along he will. He try to keep a low profile for the time being.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
"Ah I see" Corbin says sitting back to tuck into his meal. Best to let Cisco talk he thinks to himself, he knows the lingo.
Under your plate you find a scrap of paper with a hastily scrawled note stating, in feminine handwriting, "Meet me at the back door in 15 minutes." There is no name written.
'¡Tienes buenos caballos!' answers Cisco, nodding appreciatively. '¿Perdoname?" The Texan turns to Corbin. 'We need to find out what we can about Jackson, before we ride. You could palaver with Sommers in the corner over there, but maybe the daughter would be more amenable.''

Turning back to the rancheros, Cisco asks Álvaro, '¿Tu tía es una relación de Big Jim?'
Lázaro mimes spitting in disgust at the mention of Big Jim Wayne's name.

Álvaro explains, "That is a question yet to be answered. To clarify this issue is the whole of our purpose. We have come far and we intend to resolve the matter one way or another."

"No me importa quién tenemos que matar," mutters Lázaro, the devil in his eyes.

Eugene strides into the Cactus Flower, looks at the sign, and sighs. He takes a seat next to Cisco and Corbin.
Betsy calls back to the kitchen, "Becca, you'd best get out here! We're bustlin' like suppertime and it ain't even noon!"

Betsy goes back through the kitchen door just as her sister reemerges to wait on Eugene's order: "Well, mister? Need a menu or do you know what you want?"
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
My understanding of the current whereabouts of the PCs is as follows:

Lars is north of Saguaro on the trail to the Big J Ranch.

Cisco, Corbin, Eugene, and Juan are inside the Cactus Flower restaurant.

Tybalt and Jesús are outside the Cactus Flower restaurant. I'm assuming Quinn and Mary are as well, unless @Supervisor194 and @Doc Sammy state otherwise.
 

Baeraad

Delicate Snowflake
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
637
Reaction score
1,009
As he rides through town, Lars has to ride at a gallop and eat a lot of dust from the clouds left behind by the recent passage of his quarry. As the last buildings of town fade into the scenery behind him, Lars passes a couple of clapboard shacks and tents set up in the scanty shade of a copse of velvet mesquite, desert ironwood, and catclaw acacia trees before hitting the dirt trail the locals call grandiosely a road. He soon espies the J-Bar brand on the left thighs of the Big J horses as they canter north before him. The rhythmic pounding of hoofbeats makes it impossible to hear anything at all, and the cloud of dust behind the Big J men makes everything look sepia-tinted. Lars can see some of the riders looking back at him curiously before, at a hand signal from their leader, they suddenly split off three to the left and three to the right before coming to an abrupt halt at their leader's call of "Whoa! Hold up! Whoa!"

If Lars stops, the six mounted men will circle around him waiting to find out why he is following them, their hands hovering near their guns. If Lars keeps riding north without stopping, they're apt to follow to see if he is heading to the Big J Ranch or turning off on another trail.
"Ho! Ho!" Lars hollers as he approaches - he's pretty sure they've already seen him, but some people get really intense about anyone looking like he's trying to sneak up on them. He holds in his horse as he gets near, only to find himself surrounded.

Well, this is a bit uncomfortable. Lars tries to smile peacefully and keep his hand carefully visible.

"Howdy, fellahs," he says nervously. "Someone said something about there being a position free on the Big J, on account of the man who had it got shot and all? Well, I just found out that I don't got a job no more, so I thought I'd better catch up with you and see if, you know, offer's still good."
 

Supervisor194

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
207
Reaction score
264
occ I have to admit at this point even I'm not quite sure where Quinn and Mary are. I'm okay to assume that Quinn is outside the Cactus Flower, maybe looking at the wanted poster or wait to see what the Crenshaw boys will do.
 

Doc Sammy

Camilla Lives Forever!
Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
1,307
(OOC: Yes, Mary is outside the Cactus Flower with Quinn, Jesus, and the others)
 

Gringnr

Chief of the Boat Feels
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
754
Reaction score
762
Under your plate you find a scrap of paper with a hastily scrawled note stating, in feminine handwriting, "Meet me at the back door in 15 minutes." There is no name written.

Lázaro mimes spitting in disgust at the mention of Big Jim Wayne's name.

Álvaro explains, "That is a question yet to be answered. To clarify this issue is the whole of our purpose. We have come far and we intend to resolve the matter one way or another."

"No me importa quién tenemos que matar," mutters Lázaro, the devil in his eyes.


Betsy calls back to the kitchen, "Becca, you'd best get out here! We're bustlin' like suppertime and it ain't even noon!"

Betsy goes back through the kitchen door just as her sister reemerges to wait on Eugene's order: "Well, mister? Need a menu or do you know what you want?"
Eugene, having removed his hat and hung it inside (assuming there is a hatrack here...?), eyes the stew in front of Corbin and says, "Ma'am, may I please have some of what this fella's havin'? Thank ya kindly."
 

Black Vulmea

No. Appearing: 30-500
Joined
Apr 27, 2017
Messages
410
Reaction score
953
Lázaro mimes spitting in disgust at the mention of Big Jim Wayne's name.

Álvaro explains, "That is a question yet to be answered. To clarify this issue is the whole of our purpose. We have come far and we intend to resolve the matter one way or another."

"No me importa quién tenemos que matar," mutters Lázaro, the devil in his eyes.
Cisco's brow furrows, the easy smile gone. 'Sí, te entiendo,' he answers quietly. 'Familismo.' Cisco switches to English. 'Álvaro, I'm an attorney - un abogado - and I may be able to assist in matters of American law regarding your aunt. You must urge your uncle toward temperance - the yanquis do not respect traditions, and if he cannot obtain relief from Big Jim, your uncle will not be treated well by the courts should he take matters into his own hands, if indeed he survives to appear before a judge.' He sips his buttermilk. 'I have an obligation to fulfill which necessitates leaving town for a few days at least, but you can leave a message for me at the hotel across the street.'
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
"Ho! Ho!" Lars hollers as he approaches - he's pretty sure they've already seen him, but some people get really intense about anyone looking like he's trying to sneak up on them. He holds in his horse as he gets near, only to find himself surrounded.

Well, this is a bit uncomfortable. Lars tries to smile peacefully and keep his hand carefully visible.

"Howdy, fellahs," he says nervously. "Someone said something about there being a position free on the Big J, on account of the man who had it got shot and all? Well, I just found out that I don't got a job no more, so I thought I'd better catch up with you and see if, you know, offer's still good."
Judging by how the others defer to him, the apparent leader is a tall, slim cowpuncher who gives you good once-over before replying, "Well, you can't be much worse 'n the last cook. Why don't you ride on up with us and we'll see how you make out with beef and beans? Pay's thirty dollars a month, all you can eat, and a bed in the bunkhouse. That's better 'n you'll do at any o' them other outfits. Whaddaya say to that?"
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
Eugene, having removed his hat and hung it inside (assuming there is a hatrack here...?), eyes the stew in front of Corbin and says, "Ma'am, may I please have some of what this fella's havin'? Thank ya kindly."
Becca remarks, "I'll be right back with the ten-cent stew." She slips away to the kitchen and returns with your food almost before you have a chance to settle into your chair.
Cisco's brow furrows, the easy smile gone. 'Sí, te entiendo,' he answers quietly. 'Familismo.' Cisco switches to English. 'Álvaro, I'm an attorney - un abogado - and I may be able to assist in matters of American law regarding your aunt. You must urge your uncle toward temperance - the yanquis do not respect traditions, and if he cannot obtain relief from Big Jim, your uncle will not be treated well by the courts should he take matters into his own hands, if indeed he survives to appear before a judge.' He sips his buttermilk. 'I have an obligation to fulfill which necessitates leaving town for a few days at least, but you can leave a message for me at the hotel across the street.'
"We may need a lawyer at that," answers Álvaro. "We'll seek you at the Western Star Hotel if this cannot be otherwise resolved."

"Papeles no son rival para el plomo," says Lázaro.

Álvaro smiles and says, "My uncle is old-fashioned. There's nothing he'd like more than a duel over a matter of honor." He slips a hand into his pocket and places a gold collar coin, clearly far beyond the price of their humble meal, on the table.
7742
Rising to leave, Álvaro says, "But now we must attend to our business. ¡Adiós y buena suerte!"
 

Black Vulmea

No. Appearing: 30-500
Joined
Apr 27, 2017
Messages
410
Reaction score
953
"We may need a lawyer at that," answers Álvaro. "We'll seek you at the Western Star Hotel if this cannot be otherwise resolved."

"Papeles no son rival para el plomo," says Lazaro.

Álvaro smiles and says, "My uncle is old-fashioned. There's nothing he'd like more than a duel over a matter of honor." He slips a hand into his pocket and places a gold collar coin, clearly far beyond the price of their humble meal, on the table.
Rising to leave, Álvaro says, "But now we must attend to our business. ¡Adiós y buena suerte!"
Cisco rises as a courtesy as they leave. 'Mantente vivo para tu hermana, don Lázaro,' he says, offering a hand to each in turn, 'y vaya con dios.'

The Texan sits down, and tucks into his meal, a far-away look in his eyes..
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,305
Reaction score
1,668
Corbin had listened with interest to the exchange between the charros and Cisco. His curiosity made him want to pry a little bit, but he felt that'd be a real bad idea.

"Back in a minute Mr. Kidd" he says to Cisco, heading out to the back door.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
Corbin...heading out to the back door.
To be clear, do you mean you're going through the kitchen or do you mean you're going out the front door and around to the rear of the building?
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,305
Reaction score
1,668
To be clear, do you mean you're going through the kitchen or do you mean you're going out the front door and around to the rear of the building?
Out the front door and around to the back
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
Corbin had listened with interest to the exchange between the charros and Cisco. His curiosity made him want to pry a little bit, but he felt that'd be a real bad idea.

"Back in a minute Mr. Kidd" he says to Cisco, heading out to the back door.
Corbin's compadres inside and outside the restaurant see him exit through the front door of the Cactus Flower, causing the bell to ring again. Inside, Becca and Betsy return to the kitchen while Pa just keeps on studying The Book of Mormon. Corbin breezes past Tybalt, Mary, Quinn, and Jesús, as well as Álvaro and Lázaro who, along with their watchful rifleman, are mounting their fine Arabian sabinos. Soon Corbin turns the corner and is out of sight of his amigos.

Corbin finds Betsy waiting at the back door with a carpetbag in hand. When she sees him approaching, she steps down from the stoop and, with pleading blue eyes, says in a hushed tone, "You've got to take me with you! I can't stand it here no more!"
 

Black Vulmea

No. Appearing: 30-500
Joined
Apr 27, 2017
Messages
410
Reaction score
953
Corbin's compadres inside and outside the restaurant see him exit through the front door of the Cactus Flower, causing the bell to ring again. Inside, Becca and Betsy return to the kitchen while Pa just keeps on studying The Book of Mormon. Corbin breezes past Tybalt, Mary, Quinn, and Jesús, as well as Álvaro and Lázaro who, along with their watchful rifleman, are mounting their fine Arabian sabinos. Soon Corbin turns the corner and is out of sight of his amigos.
Cisco watches Corbin leave, nods to Eugene. 'Don't forget now, the buttermilk's on me' he says softly, grinning slyly at the cowhand.

The Texan finishes his egg and toast, downs the last of his buttermilk and wipes his mustache clean with the napkin, then looks up expectantly for the waitress, jingling the silver in his vest pocket.
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
3,853
Reaction score
4,839
Jesus wonders where Corbin is going alone. He'll walk towards and past the the corner to see what's going on and then continue down the boardwalk a bit looking idly in the windows and around.
 

Baeraad

Delicate Snowflake
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
637
Reaction score
1,009
Judging by how the others defer to him, the apparent leader is a tall, slim cowpuncher who gives you good once-over before replying, "Well, you can't be much worse 'n the last cook. Why don't you ride on up with us and we'll see how you make out with beef and beans? Pay's thirty dollars a month, all you can eat, and a bed in the bunkhouse. That's better 'n you'll do at any o' them other outfits. Whaddaya say to that?"
"Sounds good to me," Lars said. "I mean, assuming the last fellah got himself shot for personal reasons and not because someone's on a mission to keep you folks from getting dinner, right?" He manages a smile.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,305
Reaction score
1,668
"Mademoiselle I'm afraid I don't have anywhere interesting to take you. I'm heading East to look for a wanted man and then probably heading right back here....but I can understand the need to escape a confining father, if I read your situation right. Perhaps if you're willing you could come with and when we get back you could find a place of your own..."

He looks around the town.

"...somewhere"
 

Gringnr

Chief of the Boat Feels
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
754
Reaction score
762
Cisco watches Corbin leave, nods to Eugene. 'Don't forget now, the buttermilk's on me' he says softly, grinning slyly at the cowhand.

The Texan finishes his egg and toast, downs the last of his buttermilk and wipes his mustache clean with the napkin, then looks up expectantly for the waitress, jingling the silver in his vest pocket.
Eugene eats as quickly as possible without seeming rude or making an ungodly amount of noise, tosses some coin on the counter, and rises to leave.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
Jesus wonders where Corbin is going alone. He'll walk towards and past the the corner to see what's going on and then continue down the boardwalk a bit looking idly in the windows and around.
When Jesús reaches the southwest corner of the Cactus Flower, Corbin is nowhere in sight. There are windows with a southern exposure that allow you to see into the dining area of the restaurant, but all you see there is an older gentleman reading a book and Eugene, Cisco, and Juan finishing their meals. Your best guess is that Corbin continued east to the rear of the Cactus Flower.

Is Jesús following all the way around to the rear of the restaurant? Once I'm clear on that, I'll tell you what you see, hear, or otherwise encounter.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
Cisco watches Corbin leave, nods to Eugene. 'Don't forget now, the buttermilk's on me' he says softly, grinning slyly at the cowhand.

The Texan finishes his egg and toast, downs the last of his buttermilk and wipes his mustache clean with the napkin, then looks up expectantly for the waitress, jingling the silver in his vest pocket.
Eugene eats as quickly as possible without seeming rude or making an ungodly amount of noise, tosses some coin on the counter, and rises to leave.
Becca returns to collect your payment and the dirty plates, bowls, and silverware. "Please come again," she says. After a short pause during which she looks around the dining room, she asks, "Did any of you happen to see my sister?"
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
"Sounds good to me," Lars said. "I mean, assuming the last fellah got himself shot for personal reasons and not because someone's on a mission to keep you folks from getting dinner, right?" He manages a smile.
"His cooking wasn't great but not so bad as I'd kill him for it," the lead rider says. "You can call me Slim on account of that's what folks call me. What do we call our new cook?"
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
"Mademoiselle I'm afraid I don't have anywhere interesting to take you. I'm heading East to look for a wanted man and then probably heading right back here....but I can understand the need to escape a confining father, if I read your situation right. Perhaps if you're willing you could come with and when we get back you could find a place of your own..."

He looks around the town.

"...somewhere"
"I don't care about interesting places, I just want to shuck a light out of this place!" Betsy replies. "I'll go anywhere!"
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
3,853
Reaction score
4,839
When Jesús reaches the southwest corner of the Cactus Flower, Corbin is nowhere in sight. There are windows with a southern exposure that allow you to see into the dining area of the restaurant, but all you see there is an older gentleman reading a book and Eugene, Cisco, and Juan finishing their meals. Your best guess is that Corbin continued east to the rear of the Cactus Flower.

Is Jesús following all the way around to the rear of the restaurant? Once I'm clear on that, I'll tell you what you see, hear, or otherwise encounter.
Jesus sees no one in the alley and decides to follow down it himself in case Corbin gets himself in trouble.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
@Séadna, make sure you read this too.
Jesus sees no one in the alley and decides to follow down it himself in case Corbin gets himself in trouble.
When Jesús rounds the corner of the restaurant to come around the back side, he sees the curious sight of Corbin talking to a beautiful young blonde girl just off to the side of what looks to be a rear door that leads into the kitchen of the Cactus Flower restaurant in which your other compadres are finishing their midmorning meals. They're about 20 feet away from you. They seem to be speaking quietly, perhaps furtively, in the street between the restaurant and a panadería, the latter of which gives off a mouth-watering aroma of baked goods. Being Mexican yourself, you imagine you can even distinguish between the delicious scents of conchas, chorreadas, nevados, and picóns.

An attractive young Mexican woman appears at the doorway to the bakery and calls to you, "Te ves hambriento, compañero. ¿Tienes hambre, chico?"

Her call also attracts the attention of Corbin and the girl from the restaurant.

There's no alley on the south side of the restaurant as the town pretty much ends south of the restaurant and after a short ride the dirt trail otherwise known as Main Street turns into:
7779
 

Gringnr

Chief of the Boat Feels
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
754
Reaction score
762
Becca returns to collect your payment and the dirty plates, bowls, and silverware. "Please come again," she says. After a short pause during which she looks around the dining room, she asks, "Did any of you happen to see my sister?"
Eugene looks at her quizzically. "No, ma'am."
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,305
Reaction score
1,668
Corbin simply glances at the woman at the bakery before returning to Betsy "Okay if you don't mind trailing with us on a rough journey you can come with for a while, but you listen to me, deal?"

He extends his hand to shake on it
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
2,627
Juan also eats as quickly as he can, but that's because he is hungry, and the meal smells great. He will follow Eugene, once the man leaves.
"Wasn't your sister here just now?", he asks Becca. "I thought she's returned to the kitchen".
 

Black Vulmea

No. Appearing: 30-500
Joined
Apr 27, 2017
Messages
410
Reaction score
953
Becca returns to collect your payment and the dirty plates, bowls, and silverware. "Please come again," she says. After a short pause during which she looks around the dining room, she asks, "Did any of you happen to see my sister?"
The flirtatious sister missing . . . Corbin suddenly disappearing outside . . . Cisco draws a quick breath, forces a smile. 'The repast was delightful, my dear,' he replies to Becca, 'and I look forward to a more leisurely meal on a more relaxed occasion.' He hands over the coins for the breakfast, turns to face the dragon's maw. 'Good sir,' Cisco addresses 'Pa,' his hat in his left hand down at his side, his right hand on his chest, accompanied by a slight bow, 'I do sincerely apologize for interrupting your meditations, but a man has been foully murdered and I hope I may draw upon your knowledge of these parts before our posse sets out in search of the reputed killer.'


OOC: How much was the meal, and how much was the round of drinks Cisco paid for at the saloon?
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
Juan also eats as quickly as he can, but that's because he is hungry, and the meal smells great. He will follow Eugene, once the man leaves.
"Wasn't your sister here just now?", he asks Becca. "I thought she's returned to the kitchen".
"She's not there," Becca says.

The flirtatious sister missing . . . Corbin suddenly disappearing outside . . . Cisco draws a quick breath, forces a smile. 'The repast was delightful, my dear,' he replies to Becca, 'and I look forward to a more leisurely meal on a more relaxed occasion.' He hands over the coins for the breakfast, turns to face the dragon's maw. 'Good sir,' Cisco addresses 'Pa,' his hat in his left hand down at his side, his right hand on his chest, accompanied by a slight bow, 'I do sincerely apologize for interrupting your meditations, but a man has been foully murdered and I hope I may draw upon your knowledge of these parts before our posse sets out in search of the reputed killer.'
"What you Gentiles do to each other most decidedly does not concern me, young man," answers Pa Sommer with blatant hostility. After a long pause during which it seems like he is mulling it over, he relents: "But catching a killer can't be bad, so what do you want to know?"
 
Last edited:

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
Corbin simply glances at the woman at the bakery before returning to Betsy "Okay if you don't mind trailing with us on a rough journey you can come with for a while, but you listen to me, deal?"

He extends his hand to shake on it
She takes Corbin's hand to shake and also rubs the back of it with soft fingers. "Yes, but let's go now before they notice I'm missing. I have all I need in my bag." She pats her carpetbag for emphasis.
 
Last edited:

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
9,350
Reaction score
15,618
OOC: How much was the meal, and how much was the round of drinks Cisco paid for at the saloon?
This is a good time for some bookkeeping on your character sheets before we forget. Here are the prices for various items some of you bought:

At the Yellow Rose saloon:
Shot of whiskey: 10¢
Beer: 5¢

(By my count Cisco bought 6 glasses of beer for the Lazy K hands and Eugene had at least one shot of whiskey.)

At the Cactus Flower restaurant:
Ten-cent stew: 10¢
Fried egg & toast: 15¢
Glass of buttermilk: 5¢

(Note that Corbin stuck Cisco, Eugene, and Juan with the bill for his ten-cent stew when he bolted without settling up.)

Tally up, pards! Saguaro don't take kindly to moochers!
 

Black Vulmea

No. Appearing: 30-500
Joined
Apr 27, 2017
Messages
410
Reaction score
953
"What you Gentiles do to each other most decidedly does not concern me, young man," answers Pa Sommer with blatant hostility. After a long pause during which is seems like he is mulling it over, he relents: "But catching a killer can't be bad, so what do you want to know?"
'I most appreciate it, sir,' Cisco answers, then pulls the wanted poster from inside his coat, lays it on the table in front of Sommer. 'What can you tell me about Mr Jackson, here?'


Tally up, pards! Saguaro don't take kindly to moochers!
OOC: Cisco picks up Corbin's tab, though I think that might prove to be the least of his worries if he's not careful. That puts Saguaro into Cisco for $0.65.
 
Top