Boot Hill: Pima County

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
"That works for me. What do you say Marshal? Is that enough to arrest him in these parts?"
"I should say so," says rhe marshal. "Anyway, we can always turn him loose if it's a mistake. There's a good chance he's in the cantina this time of day."

Juan greets the two politely with a gesture. If they seem inclined to talk, he'd ask them about people who might be interested in joining a posse, doing his best to cause no offense.
The two men apparently find your inquiry highly amusing as they immediately burst into laughter at the mention of joining a posse. "Tell you what, amigo, we'll take care of business with these two lovely young señoritas first and then we'll come back to be deputized," says Buckskin Johnny, who then begings laughing again as he, Honcho, and the girls head out the back exit.
If they don't, he'd just look around by himself, and talk to the bartender, instead, offering a small tip for the info...in a city where a meal is less than $1, that should be within his means:smile:!
"Don't mind them," says the bartender. "Están borrachos. I feel more bad for las putitas." He frowns and explains, "They need the money, sí, but Honcho is a rough customer and I hate to see a woman with a busted lip or a black eye."

How much are you offering the bartender? The amount may affect how much assistance he offers you.

"I should say so," says rhe marshal. "Anyway, we can always turn him loose if it's a mistake. There's a good chance he's in the cantina this time of day."
" Let's go to the cantina Marshal. I'll buy you some medicine for the clipped wing. Schein, maybe you should go back to your office. I don't want any trouble with you and those two vagabonds. "

MacRegan and Marshal Clary arrive at La Estrella de Cinco Puntas and see their acquaintance Juan at the bar near the front entrance, amid the tequila drinkers. Juan is in conversation with the bartender. Scanning the room, they don't see Buckskin Johnny anywhere. A few of the men drinking at the round tables in the back of the cantina, seeing lawmen at the front, abruptly leave money on the tables for the camareras and head for the rear exit. Juan can't help but see MacRegan and the marshal enter the cantina as they stick out like a sore thumb amongst the almost uniformly Mexican peónes that comprise the cantinas habitués.

MacRegan and Marshal Clary arrive at La Estrella de Cinco Puntas and see their acquaintance Juan at the bar near the front entrance, amid the tequila drinkers. Juan is in conversation with the bartender. Scanning the room, they don't see Buckskin Johnny anywhere. A few of the men drinking at the round tables in the back of the cantina, seeing lawmen at the front, abruptly leave money on the tables for the camareras and head for the rear exit. Juan can't help but see MacRegan and the marshal enter the cantina as they stick out like a sore thumb amongst the almost uniformly Mexican peónes that comprise the cantinas habitués.
"Bar tender two whiskeys." MacRegan says as he leans up against the bar. Reaching for his drink he clinks the Marshal's glass. "To those can't be here" he toasts and he takes a drink.
1566167735818.gif

Once Jaun approaches him and the Marshal he will greet him. "Good day Juan. Any luck?" MacRegan asks

Tybalt dismounts his horse and speaks to miss Kerigan. "Ma'am I assure it were not Big Jim that sent to meet you but the sheriff himself has asked for your assistance in dealing with these recent troubles are town has been having". Tybalt says in a sincere tone.

Tybalt dismounts his horse and speaks to miss Kerigan. "Ma'am I assure it were not Big Jim that sent to meet you but the sheriff himself has asked for your assistance in dealing with these recent troubles are town has been having". Tybalt says in a sincere tone.
"What possible assistance can a weak little woman like me possibly provide to the great sheriff up in Tucson? Or do you mean the marshal in Saguaro? What's he want me to do? Knit some socks to keep his lazy toes warm on cold winter nights?"

Corbin laughs a bit as he steadies his horse

"The way you greeted us I'd say you can shoot Ms. Kerrigan and looking around you've got enough men to aid the cause. There's plenty you can do that's a bit more direct than knittin' "

Last edited:
"What possible assistance can a weak little woman like me possibly provide to the great sheriff up in Tucson? Or do you mean the marshal in Saguaro? What's he want me to do? Knit some socks to keep his lazy toes warm on cold winter nights?"
"Both Lawmen Ma'am, I'm afraid this threat will require help from all corners, including asking the local rancher for their assistance." Tybalt says in all seriousness. "Ma'am we come here today to ask you Miss, either for some men to serve as backup for taking on the blue bandanas gang or your asistance in forming a ah, "local watch" as it were to keep an ear out if anyone hollers that there be trouble" Tybalt says metaphorically laying out all his cards before the lady rancher.

"Pobres putitas. Hombres como esto no me gustan tampoco", Juan sighs in return. He was just reaching for his limited funds when MacRegan and the Sheriff appeared, so he withdrew his hand.
"No, senor MacRegan", he answered. "Pero...I'd just visited Senor Chacon, as you recommended. It seems you were misinformed, though. He says he wasn't in Saguaro during the robbery. So I came here and was just going to ask our friend here about recommendations. Since you are here, you can ask yourself. After all, you'd be the one leading the posse".
He looked back at the bartender.
"Senor MacRegan has chased some bad hombres from the North to Saguaro. Because they killed his colleagues. Personally, I trust him, so I'd like to help him find men that can be trusted for his posse."

"Pobres putitas. Hombres como esto no me gustan tampoco", Juan sighs in return. He was just reaching for his limited funds when MacRegan and the Sheriff appeared, so he withdrew his hand.
"No, senor MacRegan", he answered. "Pero...I'd just visited Senor Chacon, as you recommended. It seems you were misinformed, though. He says he wasn't in Saguaro during the robbery. So I came here and was just going to ask our friend here about recommendations. Since you are here, you can ask yourself. After all, you'd be the one leading the posse".
"Senor MacRegan has chased some bad hombres from the North to Saguaro. Because they killed his colleagues. Personally, I trust him, so I'd like to help him find men that can be trusted for his posse."
"That's odd, as we saw him, another fellow, and a dead man in a wagon when we were riding back to town earlier today. We were told that he would be staying in Saguaro until he healed up a bit." MacRegan gets a drink for Juan and motions for him and Marshal Clary towards an unoccupied table, away from everyone else. In a quiet voice he says: "Juan, I think we might have a lead. There's a fellow named Buckskin Johnny and his partner Honcho who may have been involved in the robbery. We need to have a talk with them. Do you know what they look like? Have you seen them?"

"That's odd, as we saw him, another fellow, and a dead man in a wagon when we were riding back to town earlier today. We were told that he would be staying in Saguaro until he healed up a bit." MacRegan gets a drink for Juan and motions for him and Marshal Clary towards an unoccupied table, away from everyone else. In a quiet voice he says: "Juan, I think we might have a lead. There's a fellow named Buckskin Johnny and his partner Honcho who may
have been involved in the robbery. We need to have a talk with them. Do you know what they look like? Have you seen them?"
"Yes. I saw them as they were leaving with two...girls of not so untarnished repute. Our friend here the barkeep,he says he's sorry for the girls. Seems those two have a reputation for being rude. The barkeep might even know where they reside, and seems to have no sympathy for them."
He hesitated before adding.
"I even told them of the posse - they are not the nice kind, but we don't go after nice people... hopefully that would persuade them we don't suspect them. Buckskin Johnny is lightning fast with a knife he carries and obviously likes to use. I suspect he'd be quick on the draw as well, but he talks too much. Honcho never says two words when one would suffice and I believe him to be the more dangerous one. Call it a gut feeling."

"Yes. I saw them as they were leaving with two...girls of not so untarnished repute. Our friend here the barkeep,he says he's sorry for the girls. Seems those two have a reputation for being rude. The barkeep might even know where they reside, and seems to have no sympathy for them."
"I even told them of the posse - they are not the nice kind, but we don't go after nice people... hopefully that would persuade them we don't suspect them. Buckskin Johnny is lightning fast with a knife he carries and obviously likes to use. I suspect he'd be quick on the draw as well, but he talks too much. Honcho never says two words when one would suffice and I believe him to be the more dangerous one. Call it a gut feeling."[/SPOILER]
<--Took the spoiler off as this one should be read by Shemek hiTankolel Shemek hiTankolel.

"You should ask the Vasquez brothers. They're a bunch of pachucos and always need money and always spoiling for a fight," says the bartender.

Corbin laughs a bit as he steadies his horse

"The way you greeted us I'd say you can shoot Ms. Kerrigan and looking around you've got enough men to aid the cause. There's plenty you can do that's a bit more direct than knittin' "
"Both Lawmen Ma'am, I'm afraid this threat will require help from all corners, including asking the local rancher for their assistance." Tybalt says in all seriousness. "Ma'am we come here today to ask you Miss, either for some men to serve as backup for taking on the blue bandanas gang or your asistance in forming a ah, "local watch" as it were to keep an ear out if anyone hollers that there be trouble" Tybalt says metaphorically laying out all his cards before the lady rancher.
"I can spare Aaron and his brother Abel. They're both good with guns."

Lars leans in to Eugene.

"Hey," he mumbles, "I think maybe this might be the fellah who was asking for Mister Crenshaw? Maybe we should talk to him about it..."
Eugene holsters his gun. "I'll give him the message. Sorry for the trouble."
Are you two moving on to the Andersson Ranch or is there anything else you want to do at the mission first?

Are you two moving on to the Andersson Ranch or is there anything else you want to do at the mission first?
I can't really see that we have any further business here. As unpleasant a scene as this is, we have no way of getting to the truth of the matter, it seems. And, although Eugene would be greatly inclined to protect Crenshaw, and this man's behavior poses more questions than it answers at this point, I have no real reason to doubt his story. So, as fast as I can tell, we have no business here. I say we go on to Anderssen place, and Eugene will tell Tybalt about Me. McCord ASAP.

"I think that's more than fair, thank you Miss. Hopefully we'll get this sorted quick enough and them boys back regular work. We'll speak to them now"

Corbin turns his horse, nods at Tybalt and rides off in the direction Aaron headed assuming he is within sight.

<--Took the spoiler off as this one should be read by Shemek hiTankolel Shemek hiTankolel.

"You should ask the Vasquez brothers. They're a bunch of pachucos and always need money and always spoiling for a fight," says the bartender.
Will do. Bartender," MacRegan quietly asks "Where might this Buckskin fellow and his partner take a couple of whores?
PUmn2.gif

I can't really see that we have any further business here. As unpleasant a scene as this is, we have no way of getting to the truth of the matter, it seems. And, although Eugene would be greatly inclined to protect Crenshaw, and this man's behavior poses more questions than it answers at this point, I have no real reason to doubt his story. So, as fast as I can tell, we have no business here. I say we go on to Anderssen place, and Eugene will tell Tybalt about Me. McCord ASAP.
Since we haven't heard from Baeraad Baeraad, I'm going to assume he concurs. If not, we can always rewind.

Riding on, Lars and Eugene feel the heat relenting as the sun drops lower in the western sky. Following their winding route down the occasional gully and over the occasional hillock, time passes without incident and in a couple of hours, long about the time they began to worry they had perhaps missed the Andersson Ranch in the descending darkness, they hear the calls of cowboys shouting to each other over the wind and singing to their cattle, and before long they come upon a long ranch house. Seeing the Double A brand on the left hip of a few head of cattle tells Lars and Eugene that they must have drifted onto the Andersson spread without knowing it.
il_570xN_1926068349_7xzn.jpg
Near the ranch house they see the silhouette of a cowboy clanging a spoon against an iron skillet to call in the boys for supper, and both suddenly realize how tired and hungry they are after their long ride. Fortunately they know Western hospitality means that even if they get no assistance here, they can still likely cadge a meal and maybe a place to sleep.

ooc: Corbin I'd say it a good deal but I'll leave it to you to decide.

"I think that's more than fair, thank you Miss. Hopefully we'll get this sorted quick enough and them boys back regular work. We'll speak to them now"

Corbin turns his horse, nods at Tybalt and rides off in the direction Aaron headed assuming he is within sight.
Is Tybalt going with Corbin?
Corbin easily catches up to the overo mare Aaron is riding at a maundering pace, perhaps because he was curious to learn what news the two strangers were bringing to his boss. Whatever the reason, upon hearing the hoofbeats warning of an approach from the rear, he glances over his shoulder and you see his hand move toward his rifle scabbard until he recognizes you. "You huntin' someone?" he asks.

"I even told them of the posse - they are not the nice kind, but we don't go after nice people... hopefully that would persuade them we don't suspect them. Buckskin Johnny is lightning fast with a knife he carries and obviously likes to use. I suspect he'd be quick on the draw as well, but he talks too much. Honcho never says two words when one would suffice and I believe him to be the more dangerous one. Call it a gut feeling."
Will do. Bartender," MacRegan quietly asks "Where might this Buckskin fellow and his partner take a couple of whores?
The bartender's English abruptly becomes very poor as he responds, "Señor, how I would know that? Soy un hombre honesto. No le causo problemas a la ley." He shrugs quite elaborately and begins wiping a shot glass clean with a dirty rag.
1292.jpg
You sense that perhaps cash on the barrelhead would improve both his English as well as his knowledge.

OOC: yes Tybalt follows Corbin.

IC: "Yep the blue Bandanas gang and good news, Miss Kerigan just volunteered you and your brother to join in on the festivities" Tybalt says to Aaron with a grim humor.

The bartender's English abruptly becomes very poor as he responds, "Señor, how I would know that? Soy un hombre honesto. No le causo problemas a la ley." He shrugs quite elaborately and begins wiping a shot glass clean with a dirty rag.
You sense that perhaps cash on the barrelhead would improve both his English as well as his knowledge.
MacRegan takes out a silver dollar and places it on the bar. "Barkeep, where are my manners? Would you care to join me for a drink? Some of your local booze, what is called Takillya?"

"Er, hoy over there!" Lars calls out as he and Eugene gets closer to the house. "We come with good intentions and all!"

MacRegan takes out a silver dollar and places it on the bar. "Barkeep, where are my manners? Would you care to join me for a drink? Some of your local booze, what is called Takillya?"
"Also...knowing where they are doesn't make you dishonest. You just happen to learn stuff here, right?"
He nods at MacRegan to confirm.
"Besides, these guys might have gone over the deep end. If so...the girls might get it worse than usual. Especially if they're planning to flee. We'd like to prevent both."

"Er, hoy over there!" Lars calls out as he and Eugene gets closer to the house. "We come with good intentions and all!"
Eugene, too tired to feel like conversing, and worried about whether he should have handled his encounter with Clint McCord differently, decides to let Lars do the talking. Besides, the Anderssens are Swedes as well. Alao, Eugene hadn't always received the warmest welcome from strange white folk. True, Lars had shown Eugene that Swedes didn't seem to share the same ugly attitudes as many Americans or at least they weren't as vocal about them. But Lars had also cautioned the black cowhand that Swedish people needed to be drawn out of their shells before they would warm to anyone. “Swedes make terrible strangers but great friends”, Lars had once told him, referring to this initial aloofness.

The two had discussed the matter of Mr. McCord at length while riding, and had come to the mutual conclusion that, while the whole mess bore urgent mentioning to Tybalt, there probably wasn't anything else they could have done with the information they had. Sure, they couid have arrested McCord, but then what? Delay their current task while trying to pry the truth from a bunch of campesinos reticent to talk to the law? Eugene hadn't liked leaving the massacre without getting to the truth of it. And why did those hombres pobres bring machetes to a gunfight, anyway? Eugene shook his head. He knew that he was feeling guilty for leaving the truth of the matter undiscovered. But sometimes life was full of hard choices, and he had a job to do that might also be a matter of life and death. Besides, Eugene had a feeling he'd see McCord again. And if the black-clad gunman was the type who needed putting down, Eugene would do it. And if he did, he vowed to himself to return to the mission and let the padre know that justice had been done, even if it had taken a while. If, on the other hand, McCord turned out to be an honorable man, well, then Eugene supposed that his account of events at the mission would then have to be believed...

OOC: yes Tybalt follows Corbin.

IC: "Yep the blue Bandanas gang and good news, Miss Kerigan just volunteered you and your brother to join in on the festivities" Tybalt says to Aaron with a grim humor.
"Let's fetch Abel then," says Aaron, "and you can tell us all about it while we get our travelin' outfits together."

He leads you back to a well-kept bunkhouse, Spartan in accommodation, where an equally blond and lanky youth, obviously his brother, lies on a cot plucking a pathetic tune on his Ozark harp. Looking up at his visitors, he stops playing and grins and says, "Just a li'l somethin' to remind us of sweet home Missouruh."

"You been drinking," says Aaron. "Let us have some."

Abel hands him a tarnished metal jug of God-knows-what and Aaron drinks a long slug straight from the lip. Wiping his lips on his sleeve, he offers the jug to Corbin and Tybalt.
"Also...knowing where they are doesn't make you dishonest. You just happen to learn stuff here, right?"

He nods at MacRegan to confirm.

"Besides, these guys might have gone over the deep end. If so...the girls might get it worse than usual. Especially if they're planning to flee. We'd like to prevent both."
"I seem to remember now," says the bartender. "Those men, they mention having a room at the boarding house next door. They also mention someplace call La Atalaya, but I never hear where that place is. Que el diablo me mate si miento." He shrugs with finality.
"Eh? Who's that?" calls the cook across the darkness. "Come closer where I can get me a better look at you. We's fixin' to supper. If y'all's hungry, ya best hurry afore all the food gets et up."

"Much obliged barkeep. Marshal, Juan, have you two heard of this La Atalaya before?"

"Thanks but I don't drink when there is work to be done" Tybalt said politely declining Abel's offer. "Miss Kerigan has volunteered you both for for a civic task of the lawman persuasion, Y'all now helping hunt the Blue Bandana gang" Tybalt says to the two brothers. "Finish your drinks if you need to then get your fightin' kit ready so we can join up with the posse" Tybalt finishes his orientation speech to the two new volunteers.

[
"Eh? Who's that?" calls the cook across the darkness. "Come closer where I can get me a better look at you. We's fixin' to supper. If y'all's hungry, ya best hurry afore all the food gets et up."

The two ride towards the voice. Eugene, hands slightly out, with palms up, says, "I'm Eugene, and this here's Lars. We're lookin' for the Andersssens. We're tired and hungry. Thanks."

Lars tips his hat.

"Goddag," he says, in the hopes that the old mother tongue will smooth the way a little. "De säger att ni är från Sverige?" (Good day. They say you are from Sweden?)

"Don't really remember anything about it. Maybe they mean a churchtower? Or any elevated place in the vicinity...eh. While we think, why don't we visit the next-door boarding house?"

The two ride towards the voice. Eugene, hands slightly out, with palms up, says, "I'm Eugene, and this here's Lars. We're lookin' for the Andersssens. We're tired and hungry. Thanks."
Lars tips his hat.

"Goddag," he says, in the hopes that the old mother tongue will smooth the way a little. "De säger att ni är från Sverige?" (Good day. They say you are from Sweden?)
As you get within sight of him, you see that the cook is a Negro. Hooking a thumb at Lars, the cook says, "He sounds like the bossmen! Sorry, I don't speak your language, mister, but both of y'all come along and dig in afore the food gets cold. The boys'll be happy to hear any news from town and all. They been busy branding cattle and roundin' up strays. My name's Mosely. What do y'all call y'selves?"
Mosely.jpg
Mosely

To Eugene he adds, "This boy speak English?" He begins to walk toward a nearby mess shack without waiting for an answer, indicating for you to follow. The smell of cooked beef, potatoes, and peppers wafts across the yard to entice you.

Last edited:
"Thanks but I don't drink when there is work to be done" Tybalt said politely declining Abel's offer. "Miss Kerigan has volunteered you both for for a civic task of the lawman persuasion, Y'all now helping hunt the Blue Bandana gang" Tybalt says to the two brothers. "Finish your drinks if you need to then get your fightin' kit ready so we can join up with the posse" Tybalt finishes his orientation speech to the two new volunteers.
"The Blue Bandana Gang?" says Abel. "Be serious. What are the four of us gonna do against them?"

He and Aaron nonetheless gather their saddlebags, strap on their gun belts, grab their rifles, and put on their boots, ready to ride.

"Much obliged barkeep. Marshal, Juan, have you two heard of this La Atalaya before?"
"Don't really remember anything about it. Maybe they mean a churchtower? Or any elevated place in the vicinity...eh. While we think, why don't we visit the next-door boarding house?"
"Can't say as I do," says the marshal, "leastways not that I can recall. Rings a bell, though. Seems to me Cougar Rydell mentioned it before once or twice."

"I like your moxie sonny, no we got a two lawmen my work crew of trackers plus whoever else they managed to pull in from the local ranchs. Blue Bandana gang are in for a rude awakening when are small army pays them a visit" Tybalt says to the brothers as they pack their kit. "We now got a sizable posse of shootists that know the terrain like the back of their hand, Blue bandanas are going be hard pressed to runaway or outgun us now".

As you get within sight of him, you see that the cook is a Negro. Hooking a thumb at Lars, the cook says, "He sounds like the bossmen! Sorry, I don't speak your language, mister, but both of y'all come along and dig in afore the food gets cold. The boys'll be happy to hear any news from town and all. They been busy branding cattle and roundin' up strays. My name's Mosely. What do y'all call y'selves?"

To Eugene he adds, "This boy speak English?" He begins to walk toward a nearby mess shack without waiting for an answer, indicating for you to follow. The smell of cooked beef, potatoes, and peppers wafts across the yard to entice you.

Eugene chuckles. "Oh, he speaks English alright", he says to Mosely. "Talks a mite funny, but you'll get used to it", he kids. "His name's Lars, and you're right about him bein' from the same country as your bosses. I'm Eugene, formerly of the Southern states", he spits on the ground. "..and now, a free man. Lead on, Mosely And tell me a bit about yourself."

"I like your moxie sonny, no we got a two lawmen my work crew of trackers plus whoever else they managed to pull in from the local ranchs. Blue Bandana gang are in for a rude awakening when are small army pays them a visit" Tybalt says to the brothers as they pack their kit. "We now got a sizable posse of shootists that know the terrain like the back of their hand, Blue bandanas are going be hard pressed to runaway or outgun us now".
"Yeah don't worry fellas, we've a decent crew alright"

Corbin looks at the sky to get a sense of the time of day.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back