Boot Hill: Pima County

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Fire flashes in Pa Sommer's eyes as he replies, "Son, I don't like killing but if it be God's will to put a young man's life in the way of justice, He knows what He is doing and all you or I can do is trust in Him. Who's to say the young man you gunned down wasn't set on an evil course and you weren't merely the Lord's chosen instrument of vengeance?"
"I guess I should just do my job, seeing as how it is an honourable one and trust in Him as you say..." He looks down at the floor considering Pa Sommer's words. "Thank you Mr Sommer...that helps plenty at the moment. More than I can say."

Corbin will order a coffee and pancakes. Afterwards he heads up to Betty.

"So Betsy...how have you been?"

Last edited:
A shadow passes over Tybalt's face at the mention of "McCord". He notices the glance Eugene gave him and nods his head in response. Tybalt falls silent lost in thought as he eats his meal without tasting any of it, contemplating how the rest of the day is going to play out.

Re: Message #1,637

"What's that about the Blue Bandana Gang?" Asks MacRegan nonchalantly. A bit louder he says "Kind of a sissy name for outlaws if you ask me. Must be a bunch of mollycoddles to call themselves such. How come you folks didn't stop them from stealing your money?" Although addressing Pete he will be surreptitiously trying to see if this elicits a reaction from the two dudes.

Re: Message #1,637

"What's that about the Blue Bandana Gang?" Asks MacRegan nonchalantly. A bit louder he says "Kind of a sissy name for outlaws if you ask me. Must be a bunch of mollycoddles to call themselves such. How come you folks didn't stop them from stealing your money?" Although addressing Pete he will be surreptitiously trying to see if this elicits a reaction from the two dudes.

Eugene, already high-strung on account of McCord, and catching wise to MacReagan's game, pays attention as well.

"I guess I should just do my job, seeing as how it is an honourable one and trust in Him as you say..." He looks down at the floor considering Pa Sommer's words. "Thank you Mr Sommer...that helps plenty at the moment. More than I can say."

Corbin will order a coffee and pancakes. Afterwards he heads up to Betty.

"So Betsy...how have you been?"
"Oh, Corbin, I'm so glad you're back! I promised Becca she can be my maid of honor when we get married! Pa told me you and your friends might be doing a job for the church and then we can get married in Utah!"
"I reckon I'm a better barkeep than a lawman," Pete responds, "and a dead barkeep is no use to anybody."
Eugene, already high-strung on account of McCord, and catching wise to MacReagan's game, pays attention as well.
The more weathered looking of the two strangers, without turning to look your way, says out of the side of his mouth, "You got trouble with an outlaw gang? And this town is too pansy to choke the life out of 'em?" Then to the man with him he remarks, "Maybe we should reconsider investing here, Luke."

Sensing impending senseless violence the Tybalt drops the knife he was using on the floor with clatter. Giving every appearance of being a doddering tinhorn he leans down to pick it up with his off hand, his dominant hand falls below the table to his belt to rest on the handle of his gun. He will continue his meal in silence but if violence occurs during breakfast he is ready.

"I'm a stranger myself so I can't speak for the town's grit, and I can't say as I'd blame you about reconsidering your investment, given the current situation. I don't much like talking across the bar, so why don't you two pull up a chair and join us for breakfast?" MacRegan says in an even voice. He is alert to any sudden movements or threats, and will draw if the dudes try anything untoward.

Sensing impending senseless violence the Tybalt drops the knife he was using on the floor with clatter. Giving every appearance of being a doddering tinhorn he leans down to pick it up with his off hand, his dominant hand falls below the table to his belt to rest on the handle of his gun. He will continue his meal in silence but if violence occurs during breakfast he is ready.

Eugene sees Tybalt ready his gun - he's seen this before. Afraid he will be unable to do the same without attracting unwanted attention or arousing suspicion, he decides to remain vigilant, and be read to defend himself if need be.

Lars nervously puts his hand on his gun, not sure what's going on but picking up on the tension in his companions.

"Oh, Corbin, I'm so glad you're back! I promised Becca she can be my maid of honor when we get married! Pa told me you and your friends might be doing a job for the church and then we can get married in Utah!"
"Doing a job, that's right. We've got other things to handle around town, then hopefully I can convince the law to help the Church. The fella leading us up is a very decent kind. I think him and your Pa would see eye to eye in some respects..." realising he's paused too long, he puts on his hat "...your father is a good man Betsey, glad to hear he approves of me enough for marriage. I'll see you soon"

Corbin heads out to find the others at the Yellow Rose.

Juan keeps eating. A man's gotta feed.
But he's also prepared to toss his meal in the face of any stranger that goes for a gun, before dropping under the table to give his friends...well, the gringos he works with...a clear line of fire.

Just now Corbin enters through the batwing doors of the Yellow Rose Saloon and finds his companions sitting apart from a pair of well-dressed men who are standing at the bar. It seems he's missed a bit of conversation as well as a meal as his friends are all chowing down. Pete Benson, the bartender, watches nervously and pretends to wipe down the bar so he can listen and keep an eye on his establishment. Just behind Corbin come a couple of Mexican girls arriving for work at the saloon.

"If you don't mind my saying so, you all seem a mite on edge," says the softer-looking of the two strangers. Neither has moved from the bar, though they've turned to look at your group.

"This is one hell of a town, Luke. The place is all shot up and the townsfolk move slower'n a crippled turtle to do anything about it!"

"I don't know, Hank, these men here look pretty tough," Luke replies, "don't they?" He then addresses all of you: "My name is Luke Gentry and this here ornery fellow is my cousin Hank Rutherford. We're in the Territory representing a mining concern as we hear tell of silver in your Santa Rita Mountains. That's our only business here. This town could shape up into something with a railroad stop and maybe even a newspaper, but if it can't be kept free of your bandidos, all the silver in the world may not amount to a dime's worth of dog meat."

"I am Inspector MacRegan of the Dominion Police out of Manitobah. These hungry fellows are members of the posse that I raised to go after some no account bushwhackers that seemed to have taken a fancy to this town. If you aren't affiliated with that Blue Bandana bunch, I have no quarrel with you. Enjoy your drinks at the bar, or sit down with us and have a bite, as you like. I am not from here so I can't speak to any mining matters." MacRegan says before taking a drink from his coffee cup, and going back to his breakfast now that the situation seems to be diffused.

Juan keeps doing exactly what he was doing. Which is to say, he finishes his meal as fast as politely possible.

Corbin removes his hat, nods to the others and sits down.

"Gentlemen. So Inspector we have the men we need now for tackling those Blue Bandanas. Kerrigan said they'd been hassling her place, stealing the young bulls. Might be we can watch the place overnight, see what happens. Or do you have a more likely hiding place for them?"

"I am Inspector MacRegan of the Dominion Police out of Manitobah. These hungry fellows are members of the posse that I raised to go after some no account bushwhackers that seemed to have taken a fancy to this town. If you aren't affiliated with that Blue Bandana bunch, I have no quarrel with you. Enjoy your drinks at the bar, or sit down with us and have a bite, as you like. I am not from here so I can't speak to any mining matters." MacRegan says before taking a drink from his coffee cup, and going back to his breakfast now that the situation seems to be diffused.
Corbin removes his hat, nods to the others and sits down.

"Gentlemen. So Inspector we have the men we need now for tackling those Blue Bandanas. Kerrigan said they'd been hassling her place, stealing the young bulls. Might be we can watch the place overnight, see what happens. Or do you have a more likely hiding place for them?"
Tybalt stays silent eyes downward on his plate but his the tension in his arm relaxes a mite as he goes back to eating.
OOC: I want to wait and see what the dudes are up to before I answer Corbin's question.
"Leastways this bunch ain't yellow," Hank remarks. "If you fellas got sand enough to chase after a gang of outlaws, you deserve a drink." He motions to Pete and says, "Whiskey all around, and none of that cheap swill you pass off to the suckers."

MacRegan nods at the two men and turns to Corbin. "Well I aim to head for Tucson as soon as I finish my meal. I want to bring the Marshal's body for proper burial, as well as those three villains in the gaol, and see what your local authorities have to say. It's one thing for me to chase a couple of murdering horse thieves, and quite another when the Marshal gets gunned down, a bank robbed, and a town terrorised. I know I was granted authority but maybe some Yankee lawman needs to be here as well. I was planning on hiring a local team and wagon to transport the lot, and I'd like to bring a couple, or maybe three, of the deputies with me. I don't want to get bushwhacked by the friends of those we've locked up. The rest of the posse I want to stay here keep things safe in town, and see if they can ferret out where the gang has gone to ground."

Eugene thanks the men for the drink. It's a bit early, earlier than he'd drink if he was ranchin' for Crenshaw. But he ain't ranchin' today, and his shoulder's still complainin'. Besides, it'd be impolite to refuse.

"Thank you, gentlemen. Most kind."

Eugene downs the shot. "That is better'n what they normally serve around here. Er. no offense", he says to the barman. He then goes back to his breakfast.

Last edited:
"Well," says Luke, "perhaps we should invest in your endeavor to protect our own interests. What do you need--within reason?"

Tybalt accepts the drink with a gracious nod. "well-up I got two graves that aren't go dig themselves and probably going to need a third ready by the end of the day, the way things been going lately" Tybalt barks a dour laugh and takes a sip of his drink.

MacRegan finishes his breakfast, takes the offered glass of whiskey, and goes over and leans against the bar next to the two. "I have enough men, but I appreciate the offer. If you two are interested in this town, then maybe stay put and help the locals defend the place while I'm away. I intend to leave some men here, but an extra pair of guns wont hurt."

Sorry, I would have posted sooner but I didn't get alerts on any of the PBPs that there were new posts.

"Shucks, why don't you hire some of the local peónes?" says Hank. "They're always looking for work and I know for a fact they can dig ditches and graves like nobody's business. My pa had a team irrigate his whole spread. Hard workers, every last one of 'em except for the drunks."

"Hank and I would be happy to stick around," says Luke. "Hank here can shoot a hole through the ace of spades. I reckon he's almost as good with a gun as I am."

OOC: It does seem that interest has waned somewhat. I'm for going on, but maybe a rest over the holidays might be in order?

The rest of the posse I want to stay here keep things safe in town, and see if they can ferret out where the gang has gone to ground.
Corbin's mind immediately turns to Betsy and Pa Sommers.

"I'll stay here Sir, if you don't mind. There's plenty of good folk here I wouldn't like to see come to harm. Hopefully we'll learn a good bit in your absence and can tell you the whole story when you get back"

Last edited:
Superbowl night. I will respond tomorrow, but I'm certainly interested in continuing this adventure!

At this Eugene listens for Tybalt's intentions. Given the appearance of McCord, he doesn't want to stray too far from his boss. He believes that finding McCord and getting some answers should be their priority. However, he will abide Tybalt's wishes, and would only go against them if he felt that Crenshaw's safety depended on it.

I'll try to read up and see if I can remember what we were doing. :sweat: Post coming sometime today.

Lars relaxes, seeing that the situation doesn't seem to turn hostile after all. He digs into his paid meal, and washes it down with his free drink.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back