Boot Hill: Pima County

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
"No no my friend, I had not expected anyone to make a social call on me so it was just as well you said what you did" Tybalt assures mr. Ramon Obrador. Tybalt mentally notes to inform MacRegan before Tybalt goes to La Misión Santísimo Nombre de María. it is probaby unrelated but no reason to be reckless. "Just to be sure that is the Mission near Saguaro right?" Tybalt asks the couple after taking a bite of food.

Juan follows Eugene and tries not to look sullen...but not to invite a conversation, either.
All of this without being impolite.
Ah, the balancing acts that the lack of coffee leads a man to!

"No no my friend, I had not expected anyone to make a social call on me so it was just as well you said what you did" Tybalt assures mr. Ramon Obrador. Tybalt mentally notes to inform MacRegan before Tybalt goes to La Misión Santísimo Nombre de María. it is probaby unrelated but no reason to be reckless. "Just to be sure that is the Mission near Saguaro right?" Tybalt asks the couple after taking a bite of food.
"¡Sí, Señor Crenshaw!" replies Ramón. “La Misión is just a little way south of Saguaro. Stay east of the river and look for the big boulder balanced among the cacti and you will not fail to find the trail.”
Western Pima County.jpg

Last edited:
"Ah yes, how silly of me" Tybalt says after taking a sip of water. "So how goes things in town I hear there was a bit of a brou-ha-ha with a new outlaw gang, I hope you were both safe when it was going on" Tybalt steers the conversation towards the doings in town and such gossip with the Obradors.

"Ah yes, how silly of me" Tybalt says after taking a sip of water. "So how goes things in town I hear there was a bit of a brou-ha-ha with a new outlaw gang, I hope you were both safe when it was going on" Tybalt steers the conversation towards the doings in town and such gossip with the Obradors.
"I have not been to town for a week, señor, but my friend Vicente, he comes to mi granja maybe to get a little free pork, maybe to get a little free milk, like that, you know, and he tells me very bad men came to town this morning and shoot up the bank and el ensayador judío. Marshal Clary, Vicente says he was shot as well."

" Oh dear, well all we can do is pray for him now" Tybalt takes a bite of food and a sip of water. "Did your friend Vincente mention if they had filled the position?" Tybalt inquired.

" Ah only grazed then, still able to do his job and such" Tybalt says between bites. " Shows a good work ethic to get back on the job so soon after being shot, very respectable" Tybalt says.

Corbin hangs around a bit while MacRegan talks, but excuses himself and heads out of the office. Taking a deep breath to gather his courage, he heads off to the Cactus Flower restaurant

Corbin hangs around a bit while MacRegan talks, but excuses himself and heads out of the office. Taking a deep breath to gather his courage, he heads off to the Cactus Flower restaurant
As you ride down Main Street you see bullet holes marring the false fronts of the bank and the assayer's office. The bank seems to be doing business as usual despite its loss, but you see a bespectacled man sitting on the boardwalk out front of the assayer's office, holding his head in his hands. He wears a bloodstained bandage wrapped around his head at the hairline. Otherwise the town seems as it was last time you visited, only you can see through the window that the Cactus Flower is bustling and full of customers.

Eugene will try to find out where Crenshaw has got off to...
Juan follows Eugene and tries not to look sullen...but not to invite a conversation, either.
All of this without being impolite.
Ah, the balancing acts that the lack of coffee leads a man to!
You easily obtain directions to the Obrador farm and, upon arrival, see Lars and Tybalt's horses tied up at the hitching rail outside a small adobe house. A Mexican woman appears from a back door to hang an olla from a nail on a protruding roofbeam, looks you over, and goes back inside without a word.
" Ah only grazed then, still able to do his job and such" Tybalt says between bites. " Shows a good work ethic to get back on the job so soon after being shot, very respectable" Tybalt says.
Señora Obrador excuses herself from Lars, but not without instructing him to stir for five more minutes and then crack three eggs into the pot.

She goes to the front room and tells her husband, "Señor Crenshaw has more visitors, I think. Two more men on horses. They look like bad men, un gringo y un negro. One has been shot."

"Do you know these men señor?" Ramón asks as he rises to peek through the curtains.

Corbin removes his hat from his head and holds it in front of his chest as he enters the Cactus Flower.

He looks about for Betsy, her sister and her father among the throng of customers.

[spoiler: GM]

Goes to the window to check out the two arrivals.

OC: I am assuming these are Eugene and Juan, finally making it into town. If so Tybalt quickly exits the house to greet his companions and offer assistance if needed. Then he will introduce them to the Obradors. IF they aren't Eugene and Juan, Tybalt will tell the couple to exit through the back of the house and then call out to the strangers from the window to introduce themselves.

[spoiler: GM]

Goes to the window to check out the two arrivals.

OC: I am assuming these are Eugene and Juan, finally making it into town. If so Tybalt quickly exits the house to greet his companions and offer assistance if needed. Then he will introduce them to the Obradors. IF they aren't Eugene and Juan, Tybalt will tell the couple to exit through the back of the house and then call out to the strangers from the window to introduce themselves.
Tybalt goes to the window and sees Eugene and Juan outside. Meanwhile, Eugene and Juan see first a Mexican man and then Tybalt peeking out at them. It all seems very suspicious, as though Tybalt is expecting trouble. Eugene and Juan don't see Lars anywhere, but his horse is there. Then Tybalt exits the adobe and greets his erstwhile companions.

Corbin removes his hat from his head and holds it in front of his chest as he enters the Cactus Flower.

He looks about for Betsy, her sister and her father among the throng of customers.
Corbin spots Pa Sommer reading at a corner table near a window, and sees Betsy and her sister Becca waiting tables. Betsy catches Corbin's eye and goes red in the face. She looks furious.

Tybalt goes to the window and sees Eugene and Juan outside. Meanwhile, Eugene and Juan see first a Mexican man and then Tybalt peeking out at them. It all seems very suspicious, as though Tybalt is expecting trouble. Eugene and Juan don't see Lars anywhere, but his horse is there. Then Tybalt exits the adobe and greets his erstwhile companions.

"Boss!" Eugene exclaims, clasping Tybalt's hand formly in his own. "Why'd you leave like that? I was worried about you." He looks discreetly over Tybalt's shoulder and whispers, "Everything on the up-and-up here, boss?"

Corbin cringes internally and heads forward toward Betsy.

"Betsy! Glad to see you've found your way home. The men at the ranch told me they'd brought you back" he says with a nervous smile

Corbin cringes internally and heads forward toward Betsy.

"Betsy! Glad to see you've found your way home. The men at the ranch told me they'd brought you back" he says with a nervous smile
She shouts loud enough for everyone in the restaurant to hear: "Pa! This here's the man who led me astray with promises of marriage and tried to corrupt me with alcohol!"

The restaurant patrons turn to look at you, some curious, some perplexed, some looking ready to string you up.

Pa Sommer closes his book and stands up, glaring at you. "Is that so?" he thunders.

Corbin speaks politely with a serious expression looking Pa Sommer in the eye

"May we speak in private Monsieur, so that I might give you my side of the story..." he glances at Betty "...in an unexaggerated and uninterrupted fashion"

Tybalt loudly greets Eugene and Juan "Everything fine Eugene, these good folks were just helping me manage the herd for a bit". Tybalt puts his hand on Eugene's good shoulder "Please let's tie up the horses and head inside the Obrador's home we can catch up on town gossip. "Mister Ramon let me introduce two of cattle hands Eugene and Juan. Good stout dependable men these two are" Tybalt says to the couple to convey thta there is no danger.

Tybalt loudly greets Eugene and Juan "Everything fine Eugene, these good folks were just helping me manage the herd for a bit". Tybalt puts his hand on Eugene's good shoulder "Please let's tie up the horses and head inside the Obrador's home we can catch up on town gossip. "Mister Ramon let me introduce two of cattle hands Eugene and Juan. Good stout dependable men these two are" Tybalt says to the couple to convey thta there is no danger.

Eugene, still confused, yet trusting Tybalt implicitly, begins to tie up Lincoln. He motions to Juan to do the same.

Corbin speaks politely with a serious expression looking Pa Sommer in the eye

"May we speak in private Monsieur, so that I might give you my side of the story..." he glances at Betty "...in an unexaggerated and uninterrupted fashion"
"Ah, the silver-tongued Gentile seeks to flatter and persuade," says Pa Sommer. "Step out onto the back porch, boy, and speak your piece." As he walks you toward the kitchen he says loudly, "If you think you'll lay hands on me or defile my daughter again, I reckon there's a good half-dozen righteous men here who know how to tie a noose and raise a gallows." Several men murmur their ascent as you move through the kitchen and out the backdoor onto the porch. He stands straight with his hands on his hips, left hand clutching The Book of Mormon, and says, "Well, what have you to say for yourself, boy?"

Shemek hiTankolel Shemek hiTankolel, are you still with us? MacRegan's been hanging out in the marshal's office for a while and there's an ordinance against loitering.

Juan ties up Traveller.
"iBuenos días, señores!", he claims. "Me alegro de conocerlo, señor Ramon!", he adds, looking at the host.

"Ah, the silver-tongued Gentile seeks to flatter and persuade," says Pa Sommer. "Step out onto the back porch, boy, and speak your piece." As he walks you toward the kitchen he says loudly, "If you think you'll lay hands on me or defile my daughter again, I reckon there's a good half-dozen righteous men here who know how to tie a noose and raise a gallows." Several men murmur their ascent as you move through the kitchen and out the backdoor onto the porch. He stands straight with his hands on his hips, left hand clutching The Book of Mormon, and says, "Well, what have you to say for yourself, boy?"
Corbin rubs the back of his neck nervously. He feels like he's back on his father's porch trying to explain the motivation behind his latest poorly thought out misstep. He doesn't meet the old man's eyes while speaking, fumbling at the brim of his hat while either looking down or gazing out from the porch.

"Well Sir first I did take your daughter with me. Not to elope nor for lust. Neither did I give her alcohol. I left home myself because I couldn't handle the..." he pauses to consider his words "...responsibilities my father placed on me so I felt I recognised the difficulty of her situation. Now that doesn't mean I should have taken her, but there was no promise of marriage and I wasn't offering alcohol. Just a ticket out of Saguaro and nothing more.

You won't like me either way, but...well I thought I should speak to you in some manner"

Only at the end does he confront the old codger's gaze.

Juan ties up Traveller.
"iBuenos días, señores!", he claims. "Me alegro de conocerlo, señor Ramon!", he adds, looking at the host.
"Encantado," replies Ramón. "¿Cómo estás? Cuando te vi en tu caballo, pensé que eras un gringo."

Corbin rubs the back of his neck nervously. He feels like he's back on his father's porch trying to explain the motivation behind his latest poorly thought out misstep. He doesn't meet the old man's eyes while speaking, fumbling at the brim of his hat while either looking down or gazing out from the porch.

"Well Sir first I did take your daughter with me. Not to elope nor for lust. Neither did I give her alcohol. I left home myself because I couldn't handle the..." he pauses to consider his words "...responsibilities my father placed on me so I felt I recognised the difficulty of her situation. Now that doesn't mean I should have taken her, but there was no promise of marriage and I wasn't offering alcohol. Just a ticket out of Saguaro and nothing more.

You won't like me either way, but...well I thought I should speak to you in some manner"

Only at the end does he confront the old codger's gaze.
"So not only do you admit to tempting her away from her loving home, but now that you've defiled and debased her, you call her a liar to boot?" says Pa Sommer. "I think you're in need of a whipping, boy. Give me one good reason I don't call in some of the decent folk of this town to tie you to a whipping post and give you your lashes?" He grins wickedly and adds, "Why, some of them wouldn't even need a reason; they'd just think it's good fun to beat one such as you!"

Last edited:
Corbin is taken aback by the Pa Sommer's response to his ernest attempt at reconciliation. An anger rises that he barely contains.

"I didn't defile her old man..." he says looking him in the eye "...why would I come here and speak to you if I were a total degenerate of the kind you have in mind? And I brought you back here so as not to make her sound like a liar in public"

Corbin is taken aback by the Pa Sommer's response to his ernest attempt at reconciliation. An anger rises that he barely contains.

"I didn't defile her old man..." he says looking him in the eye "...why would I come here and speak to you if I were a total degenerate of the kind you have in mind? And I brought you back here so as not to make her sound like a liar in public"
"Watch your tongue, youngster!" says Pa Sommer. "I'm not unreasonable. I'll make you a deal, boy. You and your friends do a tricky job for me and I'll forget the whole thing."

"Encantado," replies Ramón. "¿Cómo estás? Cuando te vi en tu caballo, pensé que eras un gringo."
Juan clutches at his heart theatrically.
"¿Un gringo? ¡Dios mío! ¡Mi padre podría desheredarme! Pero luego está muerto ... No todos los que montan un caballo y saben disparar un rifle son gringos. Pero, camino con ellos, porque están tratando de capturar a la gente mala. Eso es bueno para todos."
He smiles after his "outrage", showing it was a joke.

Corbin calms down, partially out of curiosity.

"Sorry Sir, my manners. Just the accusation rankled is all. What did you have in mind?"

Corbin calms down, partially out of curiosity.

"Sorry Sir, my manners. Just the accusation rankled is all. What did you have in mind?"
"There is a man by the name of Ezekiel Haslam who killed two elders and ran off with ten thousand dollars of church money collected in tithing from the faithful up in Salt Lake City. I received a letter stating that this man was on his way to that devilish mission* south of Saguaro. I know not why he goes there. I know not whether he has the money with him, but he was due to arrive any day now. If you and your associates could retrieve the money, my people would be indebted to you. If you can return the man as well so that he may be righteously punished, my people would be a wellspring of gratitude. I might even let you marry Betsy, or Becca if you prefer, provided you converted."

*Corbin would realize Mr. Sommer is referring to La Misión Santísimo Nombre de María.

Juan clutches at his heart theatrically.
"¿Un gringo? ¡Dios mío! ¡Mi padre podría desheredarme! Pero luego está muerto ... No todos los que montan un caballo y saben disparar un rifle son gringos. Pero, camino con ellos, porque están tratando de capturar a la gente mala. Eso es bueno para todos."
He smiles after his "outrage", showing it was a joke.
Estefanía Obrador emerges from the kitchen with plates of frijoles puercos for the newcomers. "Eat! Eat! You are too skinny!" she says to Juan.

Ramón remarks, "I have a little tequila if you like."
Ramón%20and%20Estefanía .jpg

Status update:

Tybalt, Eugene, and Juan are at the Obrador farmstead conversing with Ramón and Estefanía Obrador while Lars is in la cocina de los Obradors working on his cooking skills.

Corbin is at the Cactus Flower Restaurant either (a) making friends with the Mormons or (b) stirring up a hornet's nest.

MacRegan is at Marshal Clary's office. The Randazzo brothers are with him.

"Please my friends let us sit down at a table and discuss the news of the day in a proper fashion" Tybalt says after making sure all the horse are properly secure. "Appartently Marshal Clary was shot during the Blue Bandana's raid. He is still alive and performing his duties even. Tough man." Tybalt says as he holds the door open.

"Seems like an honourable enough goal, but..." Corbin braces himself for the old man's anger "...my companions might need to know what the wellspring of gratitude would involve if they're going to risk their lives"

"No, señor, I do not drink tequila when there is much work to be done."
"That's a good rule. But then I shall follow your example!", Juan nodded. "If we ride off, who knows whether I would need a steady aim?"

"Please my friends let us sit down at a table and discuss the news of the day in a proper fashion" Tybalt says after making sure all the horse are properly secure. "Appartently Marshal Clary was shot during the Blue Bandana's raid. He is still alive and performing his duties even. Tough man." Tybalt says as he holds the door open.
"Tough man indeed", Juan agrees. "The question is, where are the Blue Bandanas hiding? That's what we need to know."

"Seems like an honourable enough goal, but..." Corbin braces himself for the old man's anger "...my companions might need to know what the wellspring of gratitude would involve if they're going to risk their lives"
"Naturally I'd get the word out through our church and missionaries and you'd always have a safe place to stay with any member of the church, as well as freedom from extradition from Utah if you ever got on the wrong side of the law in a Gentile state."

"Alright. I'll see what I can do. Thank you for hearing me out and apologies for my at times ill temper"

He offers his hand to Pa Sommers

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back