Brazilian B/X Hack and Numa: Samurai Frogs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this, but thought it looks real cool.

Same designer also has this game up on itch.io, looks like a Monster Hunter meets Moorcock inspired rpg.

Huh.

B/X has been gaining popularity around here, specially since the release of Old School Essentials and rumors about it being translated. Folks started spreading the Moldvay/Cook teachings nonstop last year (that I noticed when I was paying closing attention to the OSR groups and gatherings). I'm more recluse, but I have some friends highly involved in the scene.

I think it has something to do with the black box we had in the 80's (I believe it is the equivalent of later D&D black basic sets in the Cyclopedia era, but I can't confirm) it teaches how to play and has lvl 1-5 and most of the people seems to be pretty happy about it.

View attachment 19475

Pacts and Blades seems interesting, I will ask around.

Let me know what you think. :thumbsup:

90’s actually. That one was my gateway drug, along with Fighting Fantasy. Though some people started with imported copies of the Portuguese (as in, from Portugal) translation of the Mentzer Red Box.

Last edited:
Read over Pacts & Blades, very minimalist, quite useable but I could see the need for some adventures, setting material to fill it out. Nicely designed.

Another Brazilian game and zine, using Into the Odd for a Bronze Age inspired setting hexcrawl.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back