British RPG BoH Bonanza

Allen Varney

Reaction score

Stevethulhu

Lose 1d20 San
Reaction score
I'm kind of gutted that I picked up a bunch if Dragon Warriors pdfs a few months back. I'll have to take a look what is in the BoH that I dont have.

Stevethulhu

Lose 1d20 San
Reaction score
It's worth mentioning that physical copies of the Dragon Warriors rulebook are "pay what you want" on Drive Thru right now (with a minumum of I think $12 for printing costs)
I'll have to check the crates, but I'm pretty sure I got that too :quiet:

Edgewise

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I've got everything already... you could almost suspect me of liking the "British fantasy" style, right:shade:?
Hell, I still have the original DW books right here.

Unfortunately, I traded Maelstrom away in 1986. It was interesting (the magic rules left an impression) but in 1985 I had no idea how to play in such a setting.

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Hell, I still have the original DW books right here.

Unfortunately, I traded Maelstrom away in 1986. It was interesting (the magic rules left an impression) but in 1985 I had no idea how to play in such a setting.
There have been new editions. Both of the classic Maelstrom, and the Maelstrom Rome, Maelstrom Domesday and Maelstrom Gothic are rather good, and quite available:smile:.

Trippy

Legendary Member
Reaction score
They always seem to bundle things I have already!

Anyway, Maelstrom is a very influential little game - written in a trade sized paperback, sort of a forerunner to WFRP both in it's setting and also in its percentile system, and its magic system is also a forerunner to Mage Spheres in a way (albeit with just one sphere!)

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
They always seem to bundle things I have already!

Anyway, Maelstrom is a very influential little game - written in a trade sized paperback, sort of a forerunner to WFRP both in it's setting and also in its percentile system, and its magic system is also a forerunner to Mage Spheres in a way (albeit with just one sphere!)
Big fan of the original game, my sorta review and thread dedicated to it is here.

Gringnr

Chief of the Boat Feels
Reaction score
Maelstrom was also a massive influence on Zweihander, according to Daniel Fox.

FeralToaster

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I just got the KODT bundles. I really enjoyed those comics, and it's a hela of a deal. $40 for about $200+ worth of issues
Kewl. Rereading a multitude of back issues of KoDT was a pleasant surprise and it even includes the Java Joint and Bag War Saga (I could never find the former and never finished reading the latter).