Browsers and privacy

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

AsenRG

#FuckWotC #PlayNonDnDGames
Reaction score
What is the current situation with browsers and privacy? I'm getting a new laptop (Ubuntu) - what should I install for my browsing needs?
I heard nice things about Brave, for example. Are they warranted? What would be better, if anything (preferably not TOR, though, tried it once and it just felt...unintuitive)?

Brave Browser is highly recommended. Add the ClearURLs and Privacy Badger extensions and you should be good to go.

I love Brave, but it's become a lot more aggressive- so much so that even if I turn shields off (or turn any of the functions off) I can't get some sites that I need to work and have to go back to Chrome :sad:

Firefox won't datamine you, as far as I know. Its protections are middling, so you might want to install a couple of extensions like PrivacyBadger and UBlock Origin.

Firefox is fine. Make sure to install UblockOrigin and PrivacyBadger. Stylus is also helpful to apply CSS styles to a specific web pages and domains.

Thank you, guys. I'll install those, and use Brave. It does have some issues with some downloads, but I think I can resolve them.
And if it starts causing more issues, well, I'm not married to any browser, and I'd already have FF installed:thumbsup:!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back